The Lost Artifacts of Olympus

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get around to finishing those character sheets later today or tomorrow. It might take me a bit longer than that, because I have three of my own role-plays that need some serious TLC right now. One of them has been on hold for like five months now and I need to put an end to the hiatus.

• Love
Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
Since no one replied to the update I am gonna try again in the old style of tagging everybody, so here we go;

@Wonderful Thing Your character (Catalina / Aristaeus) is still a WIP. I would like to know if you are still interested in joining this rp. Please comment or send me a PM with your answer to this. If I haven't gotten a reaction by sunday night (10 January 2016 18.00 pm (I live GMT/UTC +1)) I will ignore your WIP.

@Vio Your characters (Jax / Hecate and Estell / Nyx) are still WIPs. I shall wait patiently for them to be completed :P

@chrono Your character (Acheron / Styx) is still a WIP. I would like to know if you are still interested in joining this rp. Please comment or send me a PM with your answer to this. If I haven't gotten a reaction by sunday night (10 January 2016 18.00 pm (I live GMT/UTC +1)) I will ignore your WIP.

~GENERAL MESSAGE~
( @Brea @chrono @Crow @CrystalTears @DoomyCakez @Gorgeous♠Chaos @Iroh @Lady With Class @Luxii @Noctis the Devious @Scorpio Queen @The Spartan Potato @Prince Shattered Charming )

Since I have seen a few of you already post up second post I am not gonna cuss you out (even though I said I wanted to wait until all the characters are in) I will allow the others to continue to post as well. Definitely for those who are still on their way to the mall (like my characters) I ask of you to post this weekend so all the characters are IN/AT the mall.

Most likely (*) I will write up an general post on Monday with the first Monster attack on the Mall/Characters.

So next comes the question:
As for the first attack, the first beast, what would YOU like it to be? (<-- Not at all meant to make sure everyone read this) Comment below or PM me, bonus points for those who add a lovely description WHY you want this to be the first monster.

*This depends on whether or not school/study allows me time to write up a post, since I have exams on 18/20/21 January. If anyone else would like to play the first beast or something, feel free to bother me (through PM!)

I think that was all. I am looking forward to see all your replies, since I love to have interaction with the other players as well and it won't just be me saying this and this will happen.

I feel that a Minotaur would be nice.

We're in a mall. We could turn the mall into a labyrinth.

• Thank You

For the first attack I wanted the surroundings to stay the same... So the mall will stay the mall.. Since this is suppose to be the first attack where they really unlock their powers and such. However upcoming attack may involve changes of surroundings and maybe even complete different dimensions...

Though I do like the suggestion, mainly because I was thinking about a minotaur as well.

@Iroh I admire your enthusiasm and everything, but could you please slow a bit down with the posting? I just noticed you already had three posts in while some people still have to write their first post.

Also I do like the idea you had with the imp/underworld messenger, but I am sorry, but that is not how this world works. It is a normal human modern world like ours. Only the fact that our characters are demigods is different. Sure creatures from the greek mythology can appear (like the monsters that will attack them) but they will (for a short moment of time) break the wall between the different dimensions. It is not like there are all kind of creatures hidden behind a glamour of sorts (Like in the books serie Mortal Instruments). The Gods and Deities can travel between the human world and their world, but they can only do so taking a human appearance. Monsters can break through at times (mostly explained by events such as tsunamis and everything in the human world), but there are no messengers from the underworld. Simply because who would they send messages to? Once again I do like the spirit you have for this rp, but I wish that you would ask these kind of things first (either by tagging me or sending me a PM) and not just go straight ahead.

Another reason the glamour would not work, is because they have been demigods for all their life, so they should have seen such creatures from the moment they were born and not just now suddenly that they are told they are demigods. That also brings me to the second point. The demigods don't know who the other demigods are. Not conscience and not in their subconscience. So the thing with the light leading him will not work. They might feel more drawn to other demigods, but other than there will be no give away. Well, other than the familiars that follow them around and can be SEEN by other demigods. Just like Daniel knows Gideon for a long period, but they both are unaware of the fact that the other is a demigod. He knows and sees Thibault as well, but can't speak with him/hear him, because he has no mental connection with the animal. So for him it is just like Gideon got a pet...

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Brea
To make it all a bit more clear for everyone what the mall looks like. I searched for a map I liked (becasue I am lazy and I can't draw maps for life) SO here it is

environmentalgraphics1.jpg

DarkiusHeavenstein updated The Lost Artifacts of Olympus with a new update entry:

The Mall Layout

I was gonna make a map, but then I got lazy and I can't draw on the computer for shit. So I said to myself "Why make something when you have the wonderful internet?" So here it is. The layout of the mall.

I would like it if your characters would (unknowingly) gather at the Foodcourt/Dillard's/Neiman Marcus part. (Yes, Victoria Secret is next to Dillard's I checked!)

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Useful
Reactions: DoomyCakez
To make it all a bit more clear for everyone what the mall looks like. I searched for a map I liked (becasue I am lazy and I can't draw maps for life) SO here it is

Hyukkie is definitely in 137 xD "Chicken Kitchen" XD

I posted once as asked

I think A Manticore be cool I would play it if need be or a chimera

@Brea @chrono @Crow @CrystalTears @DoomyCakez @Gorgeous♠Chaos @Iroh @Lady With Class @Luxii @Noctis the Devious @Scorpio Queen @The Spartan Potato @Prince Shattered Charming

I am sorry I didn't notice this earlier, but today I was going through all the posts and I noticed we have a problem with the timeline. Some people posting like it is morning, while others post like it is afternoon late.

I know this is my fault, since I never stated a time and date in my first post, but to make all the changes not to big I decided to set the time on;

~Wednesday, 4-11-2015, 13.30~

I hope we can all agree on this/edit posts were necessary or follow this time line from this moment on XD

@Brea @chrono @Crow @CrystalTears @DoomyCakez @Gorgeous♠Chaos @Iroh @Lady With Class @Luxii @Noctis the Devious @Scorpio Queen @The Spartan Potato @Prince Shattered Charming

I am sorry I didn't notice this earlier, but today I was going through all the posts and I noticed we have a problem with the timeline. Some people posting like it is morning, while others post like it is afternoon late.

I know this is my fault, since I never stated a time and date in my first post, but to make all the changes not to big I decided to set the time on;

~Wednesday, 4-11-2015, 13.30~

I hope we can all agree on this/edit posts were necessary or follow this time line from this moment on XD
13.30 is 1: 30 right? xD Marco's post shows transition to afternoon, so he's cool and Fredrick's is in the afternoon, just didn't do transition xD because forgot to do it lol.

For a monster that attacks them... umm, maybe one of the Gods/Goddesses conjured up a mythical beast to challenge the kids? I don't know what the beast would be, but I will think it over some more lol.

• Love
13.30 is 1: 30 right? xD Marco's post shows transition to afternoon, so he's cool and Fredrick's is in the afternoon, just didn't do transition xD because forgot to do it lol.

For a monster that attacks them... umm, maybe one of the Gods/Goddesses conjured up a mythical beast to challenge the kids? I don't know what the beast would be, but I will think it over some more lol.
13.30 is 1.30 PM

And I do like that idea. Like some complete new monster!

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
I stopped getting alerts for this so I didn't even know it had started. Sorry but I have to drop out.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Hey I only have one post up :P And I might have to change my post xD Since you wanted a dream sequences and such, morning just made sense ^.^;

And I didn't reply to the update because I had no thoughts on the matter o.o I'm usually passive in the beginning of the roleplay anyway. Now only f I couod get people to reply to my update :P

Oh the dream thing was required? xD, I just thought people was just doing that lol.

Hey I only have one post up :P And I might have to change my post xD Since you wanted a dream sequences and such, morning just made sense ^.^;

And I did reply to the update because I had no thoughts on the matter o.o I'm usually passive in the beginning of the roleplay anyway. Now only f I couod get people to reply to my update :P
I have the same problem with your update XD I just don't know what to reply XD

Anyway yes. I said A FEW.. not everyone XD but yeah, but I never said the going to the mall had to happen directly after the dream. But I understand the confussion :P

Oh the dream thing was required? xD, I just thought people was just doing that lol.
No it was not required, it was an idea XD As long as there has been some point before this that hte kid is told by its parent that its parent is a god and lost its item it is fine no matter in what kind of way you do it

Status
Not open for further replies.