The Legend of Renalta (Updated: 03-06-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I'm sure we'll have our collab done before then.

Alright, those who collaborated with me: The post is up. It's long as hell and the color for all the Character's speech is almost certainly wrong to you, BUT it's as perfect to my eyes as all of you are <3

If there are any glaring mistakes let me know and I'll edit.

To anyone that wasn't included I'm sorry and I didn't mean to exclude you. If you want your characters to have some reaction or another to what happened let me know and we can pump out a post real quick like. (Looking at Kalemn, don't want her to feel ignored.)

How dare you make Cennick's speech a less putrid shade of green!

:P

(Looking at Kalemn, don't want her to feel ignored.)

Eh. Kalemn's reaction is basically shrug and go along with it, so not really worth of effort of rushing out another post. Thanks for the consideration though <3

How dare you make Cennick's speech a less putrid shade of green!

:P

Listen. As a colorblind person I'd say you're lucky it didn't turn out looking fluorescent pink. My knowledge of colors starts and ends with the colorwheel... Also Pokemon game titles.

Well, Baldrik's going to sit up in that Tree, waiting for the next moment to strike (if need be), and probs won't be expecting anyone getting too close to him. And also, he'll react the moment Alexander attacks.

Reactions: Orion
I was going to message Orion today about possibly throwing down with Linston actually jumping in and being helpful, but rather than rush him and/or accidentally ruin Brovo's plans for the post tomorrow... Brovo, if I don't get the chance to post Linston offering his aid (specifically with talking, as that's sort of his specialty), I'd like to take up that offer of saying what I'll do and you adding it in, but I hope to get a post for that in shortly if I can (in fact, I intend to start now and hopefully finish before something grabs my attention and makes me think I don't have time or something atm)

I was going to message Orion today about possibly throwing down with Linston actually jumping in and being helpful, but rather than rush him and/or accidentally ruin Brovo's plans for the post tomorrow... Brovo, if I don't get the chance to post Linston offering his aid (specifically with talking, as that's sort of his specialty), I'd like to take up that offer of saying what I'll do and you adding it in, but I hope to get a post for that in shortly if I can (in fact, I intend to start now and hopefully finish before something grabs my attention and makes me think I don't have time or something atm)
I'm game for a quicky if you'd like.

I'd like to quickly apologize to anyone who read my post before the edit, I did miss a few details when I went to post (to explain, I read it when I had time to read, but came back to post later, and skimmed it to remind myself what the post entitled). Thank you, Orion, for pointing out what I missed so I could correct what I had. If you are still willing to do that quick collab, consider that post the first part to that, which you can reply to if you want, and I'll simply edit my current post to include the rest of the collab and update everyone here when that's finished, alright?

It's fine Rusty.

Everyone, post delayed until Monday or Tuesday, due to IRL drama & stress. Sorry, I was doing so well with getting posts out on time too. I don't mean to shove it out later on y'all.

New IC post, new OOC post to go with it.
"Lady Kouri, a moment." He said as he grabbed her arm and tied the rudimentary bandage around the wound with kind yet ruthless efficiency.
@RoranHawkins in the future, you may want to quickly ask before having your character act on others. In this event it did no harm and I didn't mind at all, but it's more for the sake of formalities, you know? (If you did ask and I simply forgot, let me know.) Again, not really an issue here this time, but, just for the future... Gotta hold everyone to the same standards even if your bit here was really harmless. :ferret:

Speaking of, @Holmishire since I wasn't sure how your character would respond (and I felt bad about the whole "GM post delayed for days" business) I assumed that since your character asked, Kouri would get to decide where she would go. Thanks.

@Orion & @Holmishire you two did exceptionally well with your collabs and I just felt like sharing that. It's good to see players step up when I falter. I could not ask for better, and while everyone is doing great so far, I really had to highlight you two publicly. I cannot thank you enough.

Everyone: This scene could lead to combat with provocation. Be careful how you act around Jennifer: If she feels the situation has deteriorated too far, she will strike the first blow, likely without warning, and it will hurt.

Also, yes, I did a collab with Orion and left the decision in Dean's hands. When player characters take charge of plans, I'll sometimes (whenever appropriate and/or feasible) give them charge to decide things like whether to take a surprise first strike, or attempt to diplomacy their way out of a situation. It does lock conversations down in a way that makes it impossible for others to interfere where they might want to, but that's already the limitations of the medium at work, so at the very least I'm using them to reward leader roles. Basically, Dean is getting the story's narrative spotlight. It isn't just NPC's who get to decide where the group goes and what the group will do. :ferret:

Given time, pretty much everyone will get time in the spotlight, for one reason or another.

Oh, and if I misplaced any of y'all's characters, my bad. I tried my best to remember where everyone was going, but ferrets make mistakes too.

PS: Yes, you're being watched. Intently, in fact... Do keep that in mind. :ferret:

• Thank You
Reactions: Holmishire
For the record, I updated my post from just before Brovo's post with what Orion and I wrote out... I apologize for the delay, it was entirely my fault as I hadn't noticed Orion had replied on Friday, and I had been somewhat busy. I replied yesterday, and tried to give him a little time in case he wanted to add anything else in before I posted the additions today.

Note: the changes don't do anything major, and won't affect Brovo's overall post, really

I'm punting up a new IC post on Friday the 29th. Depending on time zone, this gives y'all a minimum of 48 hours to finish your posts and put them up. We will be leaving this area and transitioning to the next scene with this post. I have something fun planned for all of you, and I doubt any of you will be able to call what's going to happen.

Anyway, don't disappoint me. Trust me when I say that y'all should get your posts done as soon as possible. Wish I could say more, but I can't, so... Trust me.

So, I was compiling a whole bunch of data on Legend of Renalta for the future, because, I'm actually taking into account all of your decisions--y'all made over 40 decisions that could have future ramifications by the way, sorry if I don't get to them all. Anyway, I decided to share some of the more fun (and easily digestible) bits.

Y'all have written this much in four months.
aESnWfP.jpg

It's a lot. 289 Pages is a lot. Good work, everyone!

Here's all the dialogue quotes from every GM post. Only Samuel by @Kadaeux and Marcus have been quoted twice so far.

"Did we just walk into a bandit ambush, or some sort of abstract comedy?"
-Samuel, Page 1.

"I hope the armoured one throws her in the water also. It would be funny to watch."
-Wanderer Rahim, Page 1.

"Here, I'll read you something. Pick a story."
-Sisera, Page 1.

"Along the broken road, From Arian, my home... Beneath the em'rald green, To lands I've ne'er seen… To find a lovely girl, To fill my lonely world... By a pond so clear, With hea'en in my ear... I met a pretty thing, She sent my heart a'whurl And in that clearing ring-- Now what rhymes with whurl... Girl, twirl... Merle?"
-Alexandra, Page 1.

"You should know better than to lash out at strangers..."
-Marcus, Page 1.

"Your song is appealing. Continue playing. It distracts from the madness."
-Wanderer Rahim, Page 1.

"How could we possibly fail, the Legendary Princess Kouri, the Grand Summoner Karnarvon, and company. Let the gods quake in their boots... do they wear boots or are they more sandal-wearing folk?"
-Samuel Mourn de Vanderstryker en Karnarvon the 4th, page 2.

"If there is a fire, just stand on the ice."
-Page 2, Kalemn Weller.

"What is right and what is natural are not always the same. We may be born into sin, but one aspires to die free of it."
-Tahlia, Page 2.

"Leadership is a hefty burden to bear."
-Dean Hansen, Page 2.

"My name's Baldrik Larsson, son to Helga Larsson and Reknor Larsson. The Sword that I and my treeline has carried for generations lies before you, from the time in which our ancestors served you, until the present day. To us it symbolizes the vow that was laid down to us from our Ancestors, and how we would serve the rightful heir to the lands of Renalta. By presenting it to you, I wish to serve you in honor of my ancestors and those who came before me, and to ensure that the kingdom of Renalta rises up once more from it's ashes. If you choose to accept me, I promise loyalty to you and whoever it is that you call an ally. That is, as long as you'll accept my aid, your highness."
-Baldrik Larsson, Page 2.

"As for why I stay... I have my reasons, and they are my own. Just know that I chose not to carry my family name any longer a long time ago."
-Marcus, Page 2.​

We're also officially at thirteen chapters in the first book, if you check the storyline tab on the first post.

Here's to hoping the next four months will be as grand and exciting as these four have been so far!

LAHdance1.gif

MAJOR PLOT UPDATE WITH THIS POST! I'll make this quick since it's super late for me and I need to sleep. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE IC POST YET, DO THAT FIRST. TRUST ME.

While I did not give an official response round for the Typhon scene, it's because there's no reasonable way for any of y'all to do much other than, like, react to the fact that he's there. So I skipped ahead a step to get everyone to the safe area, because now, y'all will have a lot more to do. The NPC's will also be engaging in their own little subplots soon too, and will try to drag PC's along for them.

Just to clarify: You can still react to the Typhon scene, but that is strictly a one-shot in the past scene where you have little control. Because if you actually tried to fight him at this stage of the story, you would, uh, probably die. Painfully.

Still, now you know the sheer evil of the villain you're dealing with. Your characters have gone too far, they're now tied inexorably to Kouri's destiny, and are considered threats in their own right. As I said before, their importance will grow over time.

So, congratulations everyone. Typhon noticed you. He will now try to murder every single one of you in the future.

If you have any questions, ask me. As always.

This isn't what's supposed to happen when senpai notices you. My anime lied to me. ;_;

*changes Alexander's underwear*

Owkey then. If anyone's starting a collab of people talking, invite me!

Also, did Alexander's warhorse with the broken leg get moved along and then teleported along with us, or will Zorn serve as dinner for some orcs or a particularly ticked off angel?

*changes Alexander's underwear*

Owkey then. If anyone's starting a collab of people talking, invite me!

Also, did Alexander's warhorse with the broken leg get moved along and then teleported along with us, or will Zorn serve as dinner for some orcs or a particularly ticked off angel?
Alexander's warhorse was moved. I thought his leg was mended sufficiently so that he could walk at least?

If not: Oh. Well. I created a plot hole. Oops. Let's just assume that it is for the sake of simplicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.