The Legend of Renalta (Updated: 03-06-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entry Point: Book 1, Druid's Coven.
Name: Chilum (Kai-luhm)
Sex: Male
Appearance:
baneian_by_las_t.png

He stands at an even 190 centimeters, making him taller than many he comes across. His limbs are lithe and fingers delicate, almost appearing fragile. The symbols around his face have a dull shimmer to them, like a dune in the midday sun. Chilum's skin has been bronzed by the sun, but most of it is hidden by a thick scarf that goes around his head and face, and then down his back. He will remove it when it becomes uncomfortable (due to humidity or needing a wash), and mostly keeps on due to habits formed in his earlier years.

His other attire include loose, mottled brown trousers and matching tunic. His shoes are no different than any other pair of leather boots one may find across the continent. He has no regular armor save for copper-tinted splinted vambraces with symbols that loosely match those on his face, and a matching pair of greaves. He rarely wears the greaves as he has been told it makes his thighs look like balloons due to his trousers. A sword and its scabbard are strapped across his back, and both have a slight curve to it. The curve is not as extreme as that of a scythe, but the weapon certainly does not resemble a traditional sword.

Strengths:
Patience to Persuade: Chi has spent hours laying in burning sand and days in negotiations with warlords. No matter his desires or goals, he will bide his time to achieve them at the most opportune moment. As he listens to his company ramble on, he finds ways to lead them towards his wishes.
Grace: While he may not have the brute strength that other warriors have (although he is not to be underestimated), he does have the ability to duck and weave with those who use the same skills to steal secrets… Not that he hasn't used it for such tasks before.
Kindness: Chilum is regularly soft spoken, and would prefer to listen than to speak. He will sit with allies and retain his counsel until he feels the need to guide them. Anything he owns will readily go to someone else in need.
Weaknesses:
A Quiet Man's Anger: While the man may appear to have never ending patience, there have come times that have broken his resolve. All chance of a temperate response is removed and replaced with a low flame waiting for a hint of tinder to ignite into a blaze. He will stop at nothing to end what caused his flare, and unknown power can come from this.
Well-Known: Despite keeping his face covered during most of his travels, Chilum met with many warlords and dictators, and those of even fewer morals, across the world in an attempt to further his desires. He is rarely beloved by them, and so he must make an active attempt to avoid their awareness.
Sacrificial: There is nothing that means more to Chi than keeping his friends safe. He is used to winning arguments and fights, and will use his perseverance to his dying breath. He will fight until there is nothing posing danger towards that which he defends and finds such a concept as an honorable process.

King's Rangers or Kiune the Druid?: Kiune the Druid

Biography: Chi has spent the majority of his life wandering across the sands of the Free Holds in search of the temple to the gods. No matter how far he journeyed or how well he spoke, he was unable to receive little more than condescending laughter and rolling eyes. Whenever he felt he had been given a scrap of information, it would turn out to be a wild goose chase or worse. After a few years he accepted the possibility of never finding the truth of the matter, and instead devoted himself to freeing slaves across the disjointed "nation." He would work to earn enough pay to buy freedom, and was also known to sneak slaves away from their masters in sight of the burning sun. His meager magic was used to break chains and hide footprints. He was never seen to use his talents for his own advantage. When it was no longer safe for him to continue his self-appointed mission, he began to wander back to the grove he best identified as home. He hasn't been in this area of the world for many years, but is ready to traverse it once more.

Motivation: He has been waiting for this almost his whole life, along with a Kouri doll in one of his bags.

@Jorick Ignus approved.

@Alphakoka Seriously? Still a WIP? Finish your CS by Sunday or you won't get in. Mate, it's been almost a month for recruitment, I can't stretch it any further. :ferret:

@Helios Denying this character hard. It would take too many changes to really fix. You can try again if you wish with a fresh sheet, but you have until Sunday. (Dwarves don't live past 400, all the magic-related traits would have to go, dwarves can't smell gold, et cetera.) Sorry mate. A dwarf was probably not a good first choice attempt. :<

@Seba Approved.

Will get new IC post up Tuesday, maybe Wednesday, but probably Tuesday. So y'all know. Get your shit up n' what not. :ferret:

These are also saved in the first post. These are purely for fun, and have no meaning or value really. :ferret:

Story: Story-related achievements. Also logs major choices the party has made, ones which will have long lasting ramifications on the story, and possibly the world.

In The Beginning: Survive the prologue.
Achieved: Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th. Kasienka Ellarian. Wanderer Rahim. Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta. Dean Hansen. Baldrik Larsson. Kalemn Weller. Tahlia Wether née Dettlef. Amaia Nekane. Alexander Reuman. Cennick Greenborough.

Demigod: Survive the first book.
Achieved: (In Progress)
  • The Roads We Travel (Took The High Road): Took the high road across the mountains, denied Liveria, denied The Abyss, denied The Dark Forest.
  • Meeting with the Silver Shields (Cooperated): Decided not to betray or resist Jennifer.
  • Manifest Fear: Dean Hansen, Amaia Nekane, Tahlia Wether née Dettlef, Kouri of Renalta. These four were subjected to nightmares, and others were forced to watch...

Fanaticism: Survive the second book.
Achieved:

Sacrifice: Survive the third book.
Achieved:

Fury and Madness: Survive the fourth book.
Achieved:

Our Darkest Hour: Survive the fifth book.
Achieved:

A Kingdom Reborn: Survive the finale.
Achieved:

Character-Specific: Character specific achievements. Will be more relevant as characters actually grow and learn more about each other. (Getting there, but not quite there.)

N/A.

Combat: Achievements earned as part of combat. These could be duels, or battlefield achievements.

Underdog: Defeat Marcus in a duel.
Achieved: Alexander Reuman.

Apprenticeship: Be tutored by Marcus.
Achieved: Wanderer Rahim.

From A Boy, To A Man: Defeat Hanus in a duel.
Achieved:

To Duel Is Privilege: Convince Kouri to duel, and then defeat Kouri in a duel.
Achieved:

More Than Fast: Defeat Mikan in a duel. Legitimately.
Achieved:

Fractured Ankle: Defeat James in a duel.
Achieved: Kasienka Ellarian.

Romance: Anything to do with romantic arcs, as there are plentiful opportunities for romantic subplots.

The Blue Bloodline: Pursuing or pursued a romance with royalty.
Achieved: Samuel Mourn de Vandestryker en Karnarvon the 4th, Baldrik Larsson, Cennick Greenborough.

Duty Only: Expressly deny any romantic overtures toward the Princess.
Achieved: Amaia Nekane. Kasienka Ellarian.

An Exercise of Green: Welcome Mikan in for a night of... Fun.
Achieved: Amaia Nekane.

A Fox, Denied: Decline Mikan's advances for a night.
Achieved: Dean Hansen.

Heart of the Vampire Knight: Start a romance with Hanus Wolfblood.
Achieved: Kasienka Ellarian.

Failure and Death: Not all are destined for glory, but some are destined to be remembered nonetheless.

The Ultimate Price: Die in the name of the cause.
Achieved: Alexandra Somer.

A Harsh Lesson: Be defeated in a duel. Officially.
Achieved: Dean Hansen. Wanderer Rahim.

The War Goes On: Be defeated in battle or surrender, but survive--one way or another.
Achieved:

Unfriendly Fire: Hit one of your allies by accident.
Achieved:

Purple Heart: Meet Death, spit in his face.
Achieved: Sisera Del Azul, son to the Steward of Renalta.

Last edited:
If this is considered poor form; I highlight that Jorick told me to do it.

___

yAIgH7S.jpg

Entry Point: Book 1, Druid's Coven

Ah, so you've decided to bring yourself to this adventure, have you? Crossed beyond the veil to make this journey? Then let me be your guide. From here on out, you may call me Fate, and I will help you to understand how to get started here. There are no stats, or traits, but some information is required for me to imbue your soul within the right body. Wouldn't want to accidentally put you into the body of a cat now, would we?

Name: Ariana.
Age: Physically? Mid-twenties. Literally? Around Two-Hundred-and-Twenty
Sex: Female
Appearance: (Credit goes to Nebezial; who is fantastic, by the way.) Ariana is a strange creature to look at. She stands at roughly 5'9, and sports a feminine, if lean, figure. Her skin is pale, and smooth; her hair is dark, and glides down to her shoulder blade; and her eyes are silver, and filled with a sort of arrogant confidence that might make the common man flinch under scrutiny. Her attires generally show off a certain extravagance, and taste; even if it is perhaps a little old fashioned.

Fate looks you over, and nods with approval. She starts to design your body, and motions to you to continue inputting further information.

Strengths:

Geomancy, Unparalleled: Ariana is, and has been for almost two-hundred years, a Geomancer of some skill. Her talent in the manipulation of the earth are well above average: creating muddy walls, or earthen spikes out of dirt and stone with but the flick of her wrist. Given enough time, Ariana can do some disgusting things with her powers; and more importantly, she's had time to experiment with various ideas.

The Traitor's Brood: Ariana is a vampire of Garroth's much-loathed brood. While she didn't originally plan to be a part of their unpopular lineage, she has long since learned to work it. Her magical talents are heightened beyond normal limits thanks to the gifts of Garroth's blood, and given time, she might learn to use the other powerful, yet much hated ability of the brood; masterful control of the undead. So far, she only has the most rudimentary control over corpses; allowing her to spawn a few skeletons or zombies at best. The process is somewhat unrefined though, and exhausts her thoroughly.

Socially Informed: Ariana's heritage, while long since disused, awards her a certain level of education; both literally and in matters of state and the like. Having once been a Liverian belle certainly has its advantages, and while she might not make the most convincing of peasant girls, she certainly could play the part of noble, or cortigiana with the greatest of ease.

Weaknesses:

Traitorous Blood: Being a vampire has a lot of benefits, but it comes with a number of weaknesses. Ariana needs to consume blood to survive, and she is affected negatively by the sun; having any regenerative qualities brought to a halt if directly exposed to it, and being blinded by it with regular frequency. Add onto that the fact that she is hated by Templars, Witch-Hunters (doubly), Werebeasts, and Other Vampires, and you can quickly see why sometimes Ariana is a bit on the callous side.

"Magically Focused": Without meaning to be too being blunt, Ariana is a piss-poor fighter. She can defend herself from one or two attacks thanks to her natural speed, but if she's forced into a close-quarters brawl she might very well crumble. Also, should she exhaust her magical reserves; she is all-but useless.

'It's Complicated': Ariana's relationship with her sire is a complex one. She has openly admitted that she wants nothing more than to kill her sire, and yet when questioned about it she admits to having fond memories of time spent with him. The point is, Ariana loyalty would be put to the test if the issue of her sire resurfacing gets in the way of her mission to assist Kouri. Should she be tasked with choosing between hunting down her master, and Kouri's goals – She may leave the Princess wanting; not that she'd ever admit that.

Fate nods with appreciation, and ushers you to the final section. She then slips beside you, and whispers you to be careful about what you wish your life to be: It will have long lasting consequences, and may mean the difference between whether or not Kouri will accept you...

Biography: Once upon a time, Ariana was a fair-noble lady of the newly created state of Liveria. She was the eldest daughter of a merchant-noble, notably famous for providing most of the stonework to early Liveria, and in her free time, she dabbled in magic. She was intelligent, and ambitious, and playful in matters of court. Perhaps most importantly though, she was desirable. This would later prove to be her downfall, as she attracted the attention of her would-be sire, Markoví.

Markoví managed to enthral the naïve courtier, and eventually made it clear that he was a vampire, and wished to turn her. Being uneducated in these matters, Ariana saw only the benefits of it all; the power, the immortality, all of which could be turned towards her paramour. She agreed to the ritual of turning, thinking the man of Diana's brood. This turned out to be a very convincing lie, however; as Markoví was of Garroth's cursed lineage.

With nothing left, Ariana agreed to travel with the man who deceived her. The two wandered the land for a great many years; with Ariana coming to terms with her new powers, and her fractured relationship with Markoví. A relationship is quickly tainted by deceit; but as he was her only companion, the two became a complicated pair.

Eventually, Ariana was betrayed by Markoví however. The two separated on poor terms, and Ariana was left to fend for herself. Alone in the Free Holds, Ariana had to work very hard indeed to avoid the collar, or the stake. She did it, however, taking on a number of strange jobs and occupations before she eventually left the accursed desert in favour of…well…anywhere else.

Avoiding Liveria, Rheinfeld, and the Free Holds did not give Ariana many options. It was while she made her way through the mountains that she found herself a new option; in the form of the King's Rangers. She met the King's Rangers who made a home in the mountains, and agreed to join them when their sensibilities proved to approve of both her lineage, in that they didn't much care, and her abilities; which provided them with a mobile and fluid base of operations.

King's Rangers or Kiune the Druid?: King's Rangers

Motivation: As loathe as she is to admit it; Ariana wants somewhere she can call home. Liveria and Rheinfeld would never have her, and she would never want to be a creature willing to call the Free Holds home. Only childhood memories of listening to her papa's stories of Renalta, clutching a little Kouri Plushie, keep her full of the little flickers of hope she might have of someday being able to call a homeland home...Somewhere that she won't be killed as soon as they discover what she is.

As you finish writing information, Fate snaps her fingers, and the scroll you were writing upon vanishes. Darkness wraps around you, and you are born into the mortal realm, without any previous memories, to begin your life...

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW CHARACTERS HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED WITH THE LATEST GM IC POST! (@Grothnor @RedWillow @Seba @Alphakoka @Jorick )

Which, thus, closes character sheet approvals for the next amount of time. Which will probably be months.

That being said, we have another round of collabs and what not. Probably another two weeks or so, so people can interact and what not. The next GM post however will start to get us moving again. All the important stuff related to plot at the Druid Mansion scene is now done. It's all just character related now. :ferret:

Last edited:
Chilum is ready for as many collabs as y'all can throw at me. Kasienka too. Drown me in the collabs. 8D

• Samuel: "You're trying. I know that you are. Like many other suitors, you lay on compliments in an endless flurry. Yet, my darkest moments don't appear to make you flinch away. We may yet see why that is." (Appreciative, confused, uncertain as to the nature of his intent.)

Kasienka: "I keep feeling as though you are familiar, yet distant. Your compassion for everyone here is a stabilizing force that is invaluable. Your personal quest only furthers to brighten the light you bring to this sickly world." (Admires.)

Rahim: "Your respect for me is appreciated, but your constant need for combat is equally worrying." (Cautious.)

Sisera: "The broken man of smoke, who once made me smile. The one inflicted with pain unimaginable, who I may yet be able to save, if he thinks I trust him... I know behind all that distrust and pain is the tutor who showed me how to read and write." (Naive optimism, empathetic.)

Dean: "You will yet prove yourself a noble warrior for your family, I am certain they would be proud of you. You should speak up more often." (Optimistic.)

Baldrick: "Your devotion is deeply touching, and also concerning. The way you reacted to my telling you that I was not your messiah was... Disturbing. How much pain have you suffered on my account, that I was never even awake to witness? I am sorry that I am not what your family said I was." (Apologetic, empathetic, causes some small measure of self loathing.)

Kalemn: "Where did you learn your talents from? It is rather clear that you have a talent for death, and stealth. I still do not really know you that well." (Suspicious, cautious.)

Tahlia: "You carry a great weight on your shoulders. I'm starting to see just how great your burden is... Be careful who you trust to help you with him." (Concern.)

Faolan: "You are a rather civil man still. If we can find a way to help you before this journey's end, I will strive to see if it can be done." (Sympathetic.)

Amaia: "There is a future for you in my kingdom, if you can surpass your own pitiable hatred. I don't know what happened to you in Kiune's little dream game, but if it's anything like mine was, I understand your change of heart." (Sympathetic, curious, welcoming.)

Alexander: "Your tactical advice has been invaluable. I feel the same way you do about Mikan's faith. It seems we have many of the same enemies, though I know not your reasons." (Camaraderie, appreciates.)

Cennick: "Beneath all those terribly cold layers lays a far more gentle soul. One that spends time to train the emotionally frail in the art of the sword... You should show that side more often." (Appreciates, curious, likes.)

Sanctus: "You have a ghastly appearance, but I don't judge spirits until I see their nature unfold." (Neutral.)

Windy: "My, but that song and merriment is certainly welcome among these dark and terrible places we tread. I do not know your kind well, it would be interesting to learn." (Curious.)

Grothnor: "I am not your master, nor your mistress, nor any other title to confer ownership. You are not my property." (Disturbed.)

Ignas: "Yours is a soul wrought by too many conflicts. You hide it well, but in a single night, I learned what such a person looks like by merely staring into a reflection." (Sympathetic.)

Chilum: "I am uncertain how to feel about you. Another sword arm is always welcome, but your eyes of gold speak of a past you try to hide as hard as Mikan and Kalemn do." (Curious, cautious.)

Nar'She: "What an intriguing and unique set of abilities you possess. I yet hardly know, however, what price you must have paid to gain such powers." (Curious.)

Kouri: "I look in a reflection and hear voices that are not my own." (Depression.)

Marcus: "I'm not sure I can trust the King's Rangers of this time as much as I did in my own... Yet you have always seemed to be by my side. I wonder where your loyalties truly lie." (Cautious, curious.)

Mikan: "Your religion really has no place here. I'm not sure why you follow me." (Growing distrust.)

James: "You talk to your bird more than most people." (Concerned.)

Hanus: "Primum eques. Fidelissimus socius meus. (My first knight. My most loyal ally.)" (Admires.)
  • Samuel: "What you ask for is power beyond your station. See to it you never use it on anything short of absolute monsters." (Disdain.)

Kasienka: "Your compassion is noteworthy in these times. Be sure it does not stay my blade when it comes time for me to bloody for the greater good. We barely talk to each other as it is, I would rather it not turn foul." (Neutral.)

Rahim: "You seek so desperately to improve, and you take to my lessons well. I doubt it will take too long before you surpass me." (Mentoring.)

Sisera: "Your every closed door conversation with the Princess makes me think only less of what was already a fantastically terrible opinion of you." (Strongly distrusts.)

Dean: "Hopefully you will not allow your ego to slaughter you. There is still time for me to mentor you on this journey, if you would stop being so stubborn." (Concerned.)

Baldrick: "You need more lessons of discipline than swordsmanship." (Concerned.)

Kalemn: "It's becoming clearer and clearer that your skills are those of a brutish thug. I don't care for your past, simply care not to repeat it in the present." (Neutral.)

Tahlia: "Either slit his throat or care for him. One should not treat someone so loyal as that with anguish and anger." (Blunt disdain: Dislikes the way she stormed away from Faolan.)

Faolan: "You are not yet dead. Cling to what you have left, the end of all is not yet the end of you." (Sympathizes.)

Amaia: "Maybe now you will have seen why Liveria has not grown in a hundred years, xenophobe." (Amused, sympathetic.)

Alexander: "You are great in war. Someone need only teach you how to be great beyond it... I believe a woman's touch will do far more for you than I ever could." (Strong Camaraderie: Wants to see Alexander survive longer than himself.)

Cennick: "One could almost smell the arrogance from you before ever seeing you. Why the Princess enjoys her time with you is a mystery to me. So long as a pompous buffoon like you never ends up King, I doubt I should care." (Amused, looks down on him.)

Sanctus: "I ain't afraid of no ghost." (Amused.)

Windy: "Short. Plays music. Entertains people. Others might look down on you, but I see the purpose to such things. It could do much to ease the heavy heart the Princess carries, at least." (Appreciates.)

Grothnor: "We will see how much you know, soon enough." (Neutral, evaluating to potentially mentor.)

Ignas: "There is no room for a pacifist here." (Disrespects.)

Chilum: "I barely know you. I barely care, beyond that you have a sword arm." (Neutral, may look into mentoring later.)

Nar'She: "A useful talent. I await to see how you will fail to use it properly." (Amused, pessimistic.)

Kouri: "We have a great deal left to do, don't stop trusting me now in favour of your burned, shriveled ex-servant." (Concerned.)

Marcus: "I am not this vain." (N/A.)

Mikan: "There is far too much about you that makes little sense. I need to test you..." (Investigating.)

James: "You are disquieting, but useful." (Largely neutral.)

Hanus: "Are Knights worth more than King's Rangers? Since when?" (Jealousy.)
  • Samuel: "Wer zum Teufel versucht, Angst zu kontrollieren? (Who the fuck tries to control fear?) Gods, if you try to sway the Princess to you with your witchcraft..." (Frightened: Wizard, wanting to control dark powers.)

Kasienka: "I do not know why you are so kind... I'm starting to think of you more like... Ah... I do not know. I never had a mother, so is this what a mother is like? So loving for no reason?... I hope you never learn what I've done." (Appreciates, admires, looks up to. Fears disappointing.)

Rahim: "Handsome man. You still have not given me any riding lessons... You are just as loyal as a horse, and just as likely to die first too... Yet, all that loyalty you have, it's like... Family. Which almost makes this weird, but a good kind of weird. A warm and fuzzy kind of weird." (Flirtatious, admires, likes, pities.)

Sisera: "Sie sind weniger vertrauenswürdig als ich, und doppelt so beschissen, es zu verbergen. (You are less trustworthy than me, and twice as shitty at hiding it.)" (Fears: Wizard. Realizes there is something wrong with Sisera that goes beyond Typhon.)

Dean: "You are so handsome, and you are so... Out of my reach. Why will you not let yourself feel?... Why will you not let me teach you how?" (Wistful.)

Baldrick: "Someone has really got to teach you to unwind. Let me know when you stop chasing that royal tail." (Flirtatious.)

Kalemn: "Big bad wolf underneath all those layers. You should be careful who you talk to, sometimes, people are listening. Like nobody would be watching James and his creepy bird... Preying on the weak and the helpless..." (Dislikes, distrusts.)

Tahlia: "Das tut mir leid für dich. Es tut mir leid, über ihn... Sie sollten ihn haben gehen lassen. Jetzt ist er zu leiden, weil Sie mit den Dingen manipuliert niemand sollte. (I... Feel bad for you. I'm sorry, about him... You should have let him go. Now he is going to suffer because you tampered with things nobody should.") (Empathetic, pities.)

Faolan: "Soll ich Sie streicheln? Verstehst du mich? Nod einmal für Ja, zweimal für nein. (Should I pet you? Do you understand me? Nod once for yes, twice for no.") (Confused: Does not understand how Faolan is feeling.)

Amaia: "I'm glad you started to like me. Maybe after all of this is said and done, you might teach the rest of Liveria to be kinder?... Maybe not. I would not mind spending more time with you, though." (Likes, admires, flirtatious.)

Alexander: "Der Vater vermisst dich. (The Father misses you.)" (Saddened.)

Cennick: "Cutey. A little short, just so long as he's not so short elsewhere... Then again, he keeps looking at Kouri, not at me... Maybe they will need a little spice in their bedroom later." (Flirtatious, teasing.)

Sanctus: "Nicht in der Nähe mir kommen. (Don't come near me.)" (Fears: Reasons related to background.)

Windy: "Gods, you're short, and I'm tall. It'd be a little difficult to find a way to make it work... We would have to get all creative and—ooh, you play instruments and tell stories!?" (Flirtatious, excited: Loves storytellers and music.)

Grothnor: "Wow. You're a little big, even for me, buuut... It could be fun to try. Might even be fun to be allowed to be the master for once... Or to be the one to set you free from your chains." (Flirtatious, sympathy.)

Ignas: "Alles, was Magie hast du nichts als Schmerz, dauerte es nicht. (All that magic got you nothing but pain, didn't it.)" (Fears, pities.)

Chilum: "Oooh, such captivating golden eyes, and a vigilante? Where have you been my whole life?" (Enamoured.)

Nar'She: "I wonder just how many shapes you can take on..." (Mixture of fear and curiosity.)

Kouri: "I will do anything for you... Please believe me." (Loyal, looks up to.)

Marcus: "Big, red, and angry. Now all you need to do is spit fire." (Amused.)

Mikan: "Ich habe zu halten, um alle lügen... Denn wenn sie jemals wusste... Keiner von ihnen würde mir verzeihen. (I have to keep lying to everyone... Because if they ever knew... None of them would forgive me.)" (Intense self-loathing.)

James: "You are creepy as hell and I do not trust you one bit. I am just waiting for you to turn on everyone." (Strongly distrusts.)

Hanus: "You got with Kasienka? Aw, you two are going to make cute babies, with pointy ears, or something." (Amused, admires.)
  • Samuel: "You should beware letting your ambition consume you, yet I believe your intentions toward the Princess are indeed as straightforward as you claim. Thus, I say this to ensure Kouri does not see another suitor turn out mad." (Concerned.)

Kasienka: "Krasivaya zhenshchina. Krasivyye glaza. (Beautiful Woman. Beautiful Eyes.)" (Smitten, loyal, in a relationship.)

Rahim: "Keep training, you will grow. Do not forget those who look up at you, as you look up at others... The one with green seems to admire you greatly." (Slowly slipping into a mentor role.)

Sisera: "I wonder which will win the war of your mind: The Princess' optimism, or your paranoia." (Watching carefully.)

Dean: "I need to step in where Marcus failed, I merely need the opportunity." (Seeking to mentor.)

Baldrick: "Loyalty that is blind is walking into the darkness without a light. You will merely doom yourself and everyone else unless you smarten up." (Concerned.)

Kalemn: "I have not spoken with you, and really rather do not know you well." (Neutral.)

Tahlia: "All I have learned from immortality is one should let dogs rest where they may... Yet, hindsight is a virtue we possess far too late. I am certain you will find a way, you are a bright young woman." (Optimistic.)

Faolan: "*Growls*" (Camaraderie.)

Amaia: "You seem to be growing faster than anyone else on this little trek of ours. Perhaps someone should begin to teach you more, now that you will listen." (May seek to mentor.)

Alexander: "A skilled warrior that I can admire in that sense. We will see if that sense continues in your homeland." (Camaraderie.)

Cennick: "You have a long way to go if you hope to win a heart that riddled with scars." (Curious, watching.)

Sanctus: "Another of Kiune's little misadventures? I can be glad to say that mine did not end nearly so ugly as yours did... What did you do to earn her ire like that?" (Suspicious.)

Windy: "I used to wander like you. Then I grew too old, and saw too much. You have few places to go from here but pain and misery." (Pity.)

Grothnor: "Finally, someone close to my weight class. Perhaps I will have to teach you simply because Marcus will be ill suited." (Basic camaraderie, may seek to mentor.)

Ignas: "What is done is done. May you find your peace." (Neutral.)

Chilum: "I know a little of you. When I traveled through the Free Holds, you seemed hellbent on freeing all the slaves. Admirable, but damn foolish." (Watching.)

Nar'She: "You're one of Kiune's little curiosities, aren't you?" (Distrusts.)

Kouri: "You carry far too much weight alone." (Concerned: Realizes how frail she is beneath it all.)

Marcus: "You are doing well training everyone here. Whatever your grudge against The Abomination is, it must be from something terrible." (Camaraderie.)

Mikan: "You spend so much time hiding you sometimes forget to smile." (Concerned.)

James: "Zmeya v sadu. (A serpent in the garden.)" (Distrusts.)

Hanus: "Odin posledniy shans. (One last chance.)" (Sees Kouri's quest and Kasienka's love as a final chance to justify his life.)

• Samuel: "Of all options, you go with fear?" (Amused.)

Kasienka: "You are an immensely frustrating, confusing assortment of emotions. Why do you insist on so much compassion even toward the weak?" (Confused.)

Rahim: "A brutish woman-worshiping thug man. I don't know why everyone thinks you're so special." (Looks down on.)

Sisera: "Someone would think that the two most paranoid people would make the best of friends. That person would be wrong. Push her too far away from me, and we will see how long you remain." (Icy.)

Dean: "Glorified farm boy. Do you think they will write tales of you, or sing your praises?" (Amused, looks down on.)

Baldrick: "Eyes madder than mine don't belong in your head. Work it out." (Distrusts, pities.)

Kalemn: "I like you. You go as far as you need to, and speak your mind. You also have a healthy disregard for authority figures... This could blossom into quite a constructive relationship. Let's just give it a little time." (Camaraderie.)

Tahlia: "I worry for you, I really do. I dare say I am starting to care... A conflict of interest. My work, if it succeeds, will certainly drive you away... I need to think on this. I need to focus... On my work. Not on your marvelous talent, or the sounds that could come from those parted li... Work. Right. Work." (Attracted, admires, likes.)

Faolan: "I did not lie. I will try to save you. I really will... Forgive me if I lose my conviction. I mean not to take her from you, even if my loins might drive me to... Certain acts." (Worried.)

Amaia: "Such a sudden change of heart from you. A shame, you had real potential. At least you seem to be finding happiness." (Neutral, dismissive.)

Alexander: "Don't stand near me, and we should be fine." (Dislikes.)

Cennick: "You have a sword. You stab things. You grew up a noble. You read things. You look at Hanus. You feel distrust. The only thing shocking about you is how stereotypically Liverian you really are... Plenty of potential there." (Amused, interest piqued.)

Sanctus: "So much potential for this one." (Admires.)

Windy: "There is some potential, yet I doubt you would use your talents for... More practical inclinations." (Dismissive.)

Grothnor: "You are not Dirge." (Dismissive.)

Ignas: "Ooh, what a wonderful amount of talent and knowledge... You might yet be useful." (Admires.)

Chilum: "If you are as sickeningly idealistic as you appear, I may just have an allergic reaction to the sheer amount of stupidity on the part of the universe on allowing you to live." (Dismissive.)

Nar'She: "There's potential, I suppose. A primitive, backwards sort." (Interest somewhat piqued.)

Kouri: "You must succeed at any cost. It is the only way I can succeed." (Loyal.)

Marcus: "Vengeance is a motivator for you? My, perhaps there's more to you after all..." (Interest piqued.)

Mikan: "You don't fool me. I see through your hair dye, among other things." (Spying on, knows some of Mikan's secrets.)

James: "The world will remember me for the eternity I give them." (Egotistical.)

Hanus: "Go get a room and learn how to parent from the healer woman. After all, I'm sure she's eager to taste her future. As are you, with all that judgement in you." (Anger.)

Kalemn: "Big bad wolf underneath all those layers. You should be careful who you talk to, sometimes, people are listening. Like nobody would be watching James and his creepy bird... Preying on the weak and the helpless..." (Dislikes, distrusts.)

some people should mind their own damn business

and also stop throwing rocks at people in dream sequences

EDIT:
Kalemn: "I have not spoken with you, and really rather do not know you well." (Neutral.)
damn, clearly that one minute conversation back in the ranger's storeroom didn't leave much of an impression. how dare a vampire dark elf who has lived for hundreds upon hundreds of years not place importance on a brief encounter amidst a particularly eventful few days

Last edited:
  • Samuel: You ask for control of fear, but I would doubt that you have control of your own emotions, let alone an emotion as a whole. You ought to learn to control yourself before you pursue such lofty goals. Tch. You do this while pursuing la princesse. If your goals ever go against her, you will not find me as friendly as I am to your party members. (Worried, distrustful)

Kasienka: Tch. Lost in your head, lost in love. It wouldn't be hard to completely lose yourself unless you keep your head straight. (Worried, uncertain)

Rahim: Ah, I still you still have the flower I gave you. I am glad you are in Kouri's service, I'm glad you can protect us all. I have no doubt we will all partly owe our lives to you. Thank you. (Grateful, trusting)

Sisera: I am glad to have you standing stronger than you did before. I do not know how we would have survived the nightmare without you. I only worry that you will bring that assertiveness to play in the wrong moment. I hope you will listen to others when it comes to what is best for the princess. (Hesitant, optimistic)

Dean: I respect you for what you have been able to do for Kouri and Mikan in these trying times. You are not like most men I know, and I hope you always remain this way. (Likes, trusts, appreciates)

Baldrick: … I believe the princess would prefer if you gave her more space. She has been awake for three days. She cannot accept such blatant adoration. (Disapproving, annoyed)

Kalemn: I hardly know you. I would guess this is a good thing. I have not had to patch your body or your mind. I am here if you need me. (Neutral)

Tahlia: Oh dear… I hope you find your solution and peace soon. It hurts me to see you suffer. (Worrying, caring)

Faolan: I wish there was a way for me to talk to you, to reach out to you. I wish for you and Tahlia to be happy again. You must love each other deeply to remain this committed. (Admires, cares)

Amaia: Hello again, dear. I hope you are feeling better than you were when we last met. I will always be here for you, should you need me. Kouri will need someone like you, someone strong and willing to learn something that may go against their beliefs. (Optimistic, cares)

Alexander: All I know about you is that I cannot help you by my typical means. I hope I will never have to. (Neutral)

Cennick: So confident. I hope this does not lead to recklessness. I also hope you will learn to be gentler to James, he has more troubles than you know about. (Mildly concerned)

Sanctus: Dieux ci-dessus. Comment suis-je censé faire quoi que ce soit à ce sujet? Qu'es-tu? Comment avez-vous nous trouver? (Gods above. How am I supposed to do anything about this? What are you? How did you come to find us?) (Worried, confused, fearful)

Windy: I would love to hear your songs and stories. Perhaps they will help me remember what I have long forgotten. (Excited, amicable)

Grothnor: Mon dieu! So large. You will be quite the task to heal if you are not careful. I hope I will never have to exhaust myself bringing you back, but I hope you know that I will help you as well as I could help any other party member. (Concerned, reaching out)

Ignas: Mon ami! (My friend!) How I have longed to see another of my kind. I hope you remain with us longer than our memories serve us. (Excited, optimistic)

Chilum: … You are a quiet one. I hope you will be able to find your spot amongst the rest of this boisterous lot. There is something different about you, but I cannot place it. Not yet. (Unsure)

Nar'She: Are you another one of Amanda's creations? Are you something I should worry about? I don't know how to place you. Could I still heal you if you were trying to change what you look like? (Concerned, confused)

Kouri: Ah, mea paula princeps (my little princess). You grow more wary of the world by the day. I wish for you to have a healthy fear of the lands before us, but I do not wish for you to look over your shoulder at every turn. We will help you with your every burden, if only you let us. (Very worried)

Marcus: I do not always agree with your desires, but I do know that you have the princess's best intentions in mind. I hope to see you see the rise of Renalta again. (Optimistic)

Mikan: Oh, child, I hope you will let down your walls around me. I have kept secrets for centuries, until they fall from my mind and the ink I have written with fades from my pages. Please, let someone in so you do not collapse from the weight of your own constructs. (Concerned, caring, mothering)

James: While I trust you more today than I did when I first met you, I still cannot approve of some of the things you do. I will stand by you, and fix you when you break, but I cannot help you with your creation. (Worried)

Hanus: Mi socius. Anima nostra in speculo et tandem passionem exponetur. (My dear partner. May our lives mirror each other in length and passion as we proceed.) (Infatuated, in a relationship)
  • Samuel: I have never met a summoner like you. The only summoners I ever saw did party tricks for traveling circuses. I am eager to see your talents. (Intrigued)

Kasienka: A healer, revered among all groups. I am sure we will all be indebted to you. (Respects)

Rahim: A larger man than me, not something I often see. I hope you will care for our princess well. (Respects)

Sisera: A magic almost as tenuous as mine. Perhaps we can strengthen our skills together. (Camaraderie)

Dean: A man plainer than myself. I think we will get along just fine. (Friendly)

Baldrick: A man as passionate as myself! I am sure we will get along in time. (Friendly)

Kalemn: There is something about you that you don't want me to know. Why do you fear people knowing you? What stories do your scars tell? (Curious)

Tahlia: What a small woman. I hope you are not as fragile as you look. (Concerned)

Faolan: What a curious beast. You know what I say, but I have no means to know what you wish to say to me. What are you? (Curious)

Amaia: You seem devoted to the cause. I am glad to join you. (Friendly)

Alexander: Quite the well armored individual here. I figure you could stop quite a few magical missiles for us if you were inclined. (Admires)

Cennick: You're… a rather small, loud man. (Confused)

Sanctus: I have not seen one of your kind, only heard horror stories. I hope you do not bring those stories to light. (Concerned)

Windy:*laughter*Is there a song about me in your musical library? (Amused, friendly)

Grothnor: I only regret I could not give you the freedom you deserve before now. (Shame)

Ignas: I wonder what is that you have learned in your time. (Curious)

Chilum: Will you ever realize that your goal is nigh impossible? Or will you continue until you turn into the dust you walk on? (Concern, pessimistic)

Nar'She: I've never met anyone like you, not in all of my travels across the sands. I would love to learn more. (Curious)

Kouri: I hope to serve you from now until the moment you have no need or want of me. I wish to give you comfort and space as you need them. It cannot be easy for you to wake up to such a disaster. (Compassionate, Concern)

Marcus: What a beacon of… light… you are. (Wary)

Mikan: I get the distinct feeling that you, like myself, never had a true childhood. (Camaraderie)

James: I am completely unsure what to do about you and your bird, aside for apologize to the creature for setting it off. (Confused)

Hanus: I don't see many of your kind above the surface. I wish to know more. (Curious)

I'm jumping on the character opinions bandwagon too. Amaia's opinions are based exclusively on what she knows in-character as of the GM post introducing the new blood. Ignas' opinions are a little more shady, based on him knowing at least the very basics about each character that could be gleaned from brief interactions, because "oh, you look neat" a couple dozen times would be lame.

• Samuel: "I have learned and changed a lot these past few days, but I cannot shake loose of this little voice in my head. It says 'kill the fucking witch, kill it now.' Seeking to turn fear into a weapon reeks of evil. Beware the shadows on your dark path, witch, for I still know how to stalk and slay your kind." (Loathing, distrust, anger.)

Kasienka: "You were the first to knock a hole in my little fortress of hatred, and then you were the first there to comfort me when it all came tumbling down on my head. I feel I owe you more than I know how to repay, but I will try. Thank you... and if you ever want a break from Hanus or to make things in bed with him more interesting, I'm available." (Grateful, respect, friendly, attracted.)

Rahim: "You're more than you seem. You look like you're just a big smashy oaf, but I saw what you said to Kiune. You named me as one of the people you want to help and protect. You're a good person and I'd like to be your friend... or perhaps something more? You're not my usual type, but I'm changing a lot of other habits so why not this one?" (Friendly, respect, attracted.)

Sisera: "I have only seen a little to change my opinion about you in the last couple days, and not for the better. You still seem like a broken man, but then you asked Kiune for simple power. Those who seek power often want it for bad reasons." (Pity, wary.)

Dean: "Why haven't you fucked Mikan yet? I can vouch for her skills, and I don't think even you are dense enough to miss the way she looks at you. Play your cards right and you could have both of us for at least a night. Maybe your cock doesn't work? Whatever your problem is on that front, you're a friend that I'd like to keep. I might even go easy on you when I win a bet and get to make you do my bidding.. but probably not." (Friendly, amused, attracted.)

Baldrick: "You tried to help me in that weird dream thing, and I apprecaite it even if it didn't do much good. You also still seem to be a slave to an obsession, and that never ends well. So, uh, thanks, but also you're kinda creepy." (Neutral.)

Kalemn: "I still don't trust you, but I guess you can't be all bad if you're helping with this mission and haven't killed anyone in the group in their sleep. Yet. I'm still pretty sure you used to do some evil shit, but I can tolerate you so long as that stays in the past." (Dislike, distrust.)

Tahlia: "Ah, I think you were the last person I hurt with my arrogance before Kiune threw us into those tests. Sounds like you had a horrible experience like I did. I'm sorry, I should have been helping you rather than turning you away from others who wanted to help. I will fix this if I can. You are a good person, and a pretty one, and I would hate to let my ignorance push you away permanently." (Apologetic, friendly, attracted.)

Faolan: "Ah, you poor bastard. I suppose being shoved into a wolf is better than death, but probably not a pleasant experience. I hope you get fixed, and I'll help with it any way I can." (Sympathetic.)

Amaia: "Look like that wall crumbled sooner than expected, huh? Nothing like seeing your loved ones die and forcefully coming face to face with your own flaws to shatter your sense of self. Pick up those pieces, don't be a whiny little bitch about it, and make sure to leave some of the darker bits behind. You've found some great people and found something important to do with your life. Don't fuck it up like you always do." (Insecure but determined to improve.)

Alexander: "You tried to help me in Kiune's strange dream test. It wasn't the best of help, but the attempt was better than nothing. I don't know you very well, but you seem okay." (Neutral leaning friendly.)

Cennick: "I haven't talked to you directly, but you seem like kind of an asshole. Sometimes assholes are good people though. Hard to say if you're one of them or not." (Wary.)

Sanctus: "Are you some kind of ghost? I don't understand how you can help on this mission, but maybe you can? I don't know." (Confused.)

Windy: "I've never met a gnome before. Never even heard of a gnome before, actually. Are they all small like you? Are you from the Free Holds or something? Bards are great though, who doesn't love songs and stories?" (Curious, friendly.)

Grothnor: "An orc. Wow. Great choice, King's Rangers. I wonder if they're aware of what kind of horrible savages orcs are. Do they not have anyone from Liveria? Nobody who heard of all the fucking people they've killed and kidnapped? Do they not know what orcs do to women? Fucking idiots. I'm just gonna hide behind Rahim and wait until you do something to get yourself killed. Ugh." (Hate, disgust, distrust.)

Ignas: "Another elf, and another mage. Hmm. Kasienka is great, so I guess you could be okay?" (Neutral.)

Chilum: "Oooh, I don't usually call guys pretty, but I can't think of a more fitting word. I dunno what that vigilante stuff is about, but you can't be a bad guy if you look like that. I'm gonna have to see if you'd like some company tonight, or tomorrow, or any night. Any time you want it, really." (Attracted, curious.)

Nar'She: "Shapeshifter, huh? I can think of some fun uses for a skill like that. And some practical ones, I guess, but the fun ones are so much more interesting." (Curious.)

Kouri: "Things have been very strange between us, though that's all my fault. Sorry about all that. I'm really trying to be a better person, and I think I'm getting there. I'm glad you were kind enough to give me a few chances instead of just writing me off. I would like to be as understanding as you some day. I will do my best to be worthy of the trust you've placed in me, and I'll try not to stare too much but it's fine if I just look and don't touch, right? You're too damned pretty to not ogle once in a while." (Apologetic, grateful, admires, respect, friendly, attracted but will not act on it.)

Marcus: "You are far more than I thought, not a demon at all. Sorry, and thank you for helping me even though I was a horrible cunt to you. I owe you a debt that I may never be able to pay. After seeing your talk with Kiune I now understand your words about hatred. I hope one day you might be able to put yours aside as I have started to do with mine." (Apologetic, grateful, sympathetic.)

Mikan: "I feel a bond with you that I don't share with any of the others, and not because we fucked. You are a good person, a good friend, and I think we had a similar past. The voices of my past haunt me too, and I try not to let anyone see it. Kinda failed at that recently, but it was for the best. I'll be here if you ever need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, or if you want to forget your troubles with a night of fun then I will gladly join you." (Friendly, admires, sympathetic, attracted.)

James: "I guess I was wrong about you. You're kind of an ass, but I'm in no position to judge for that. I don't know what all that stuff about prodigy or Beatrice was really about, but you chose to ask after her condition rather than seeking power or information. I think you have a good heart under all that mystery and gloom you shroud yourself with, and I would like to get to know you more." (Friendly, curious.)

Hanus: "I do not know you very well, and the vampire thing is kind of scary, but Kasienka and Kouri both respect you and show no fear of your nature. I will trust in their judgment until I can make my own." (Wary, curious.)
  • Samuel: "A mage, and a summoner at that. A useful talent. You would do well to invest some time in learning a bit more personal defensive magic though, as your summoned aids may not be able to catch an arrow. Ah, and I hear you have romantic intent for Princess Kouri; I hope for your sake that it is genuine rather than a grasp for power, for she already has some formidable guardians at her side." (Respect for fellow mage, concerned.)

Kasienka: "Il a été trop longtemps que je parlais avec un autre elfe dans notre langue maternelle. J'espère que nous devenons amis pour que je puisse livrer mon amour de la langue avec celui qui sait. Votre quête pour guérir les enfants elfiques est noble, et l'appel du guérisseur est noble aussi bien. Je vous souhaite bonne chance dans votre voyage, et je peux vous rejoindre sur une fois ce dieu entreprise est pris en charge. (It has been too long since I spoke with another elf in our native tongue. I hope we become friends so that I might indulge my love of the language with one who knows it. Your quest to cure the elven children is a noble one, and the calling of the healer is noble as well. I wish you luck on your journey, and I may join you on it once this god business is taken care of.)" (Friendly, respect for fellow mage, respect for noble goals.)

Rahim: "A large man with a large weapon is always an appreciated friend in times of danger. You do not seem to be a simple brute, though you look as such at first, and I like your straightforward nature. I do not recall if I have ever visited whatever land you hail from, but I am always keen to hear tales of things new or forgotten." (Friendly, curious.)

Sisera: "Ah, you poor man. I do not know what was done to you, but it seems terrible. I hope your mind fared better than your body, for I know what it is like when the mind is damaged. Your magic is quite interesting though. I cannot recall ever meeting a smoke manipulator, but it seems a useful yet subtle skill." (Sympathy, respect for fellow mage.)

Dean: "You seem a simple man among complicated people and times. Perhaps a touch on the angry and stubborn side, but young human men do tend toward that attitude so perhaps that is nothing remarkable. You appear to have earned the respect of many others here though, and that speaks highly of you as a person." (Friendly.)

Baldrick: "A gun? I have seen these contraptions before, I think. Or I read about them. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. Regardless, an interesting weapon that may be of great use in days ahead. Your arm is quite strange, but I admit I am fascinated by the strange. Your apparent infatuation with Princess Kouri is somewhat troubling in its fervor, but I hope you might learn to temper it into something less intense one day." (Curious, concerned.)

Kalemn: "Oh my, I am not used to seeing so many scars on a woman. You must be a fierce warrior to have so many. I do not know if your harsh attitudes are a result of a life of fighting or come from something deeper, but it would be nice if you could perhaps attempt civility more often." (Curious, slightly irritated.)

Tahlia: "That is a curious sort of magic you wield. I suppose you might not be entirely pleased with it given your recent experiences, but one thing I have gained from my many years is the knowledge that mistakes and regrets are great tools of learning. I do hope that you find yourself a happy ending with your husband, though I fear you may have to pay dire costs to achieve that goal." (Respect for fellow mage, curious, sympathy.)

Faolan: "I can't recall ever encountering a man's spirit trapped inside the body of an animal. It seems an unpleasant existence. I hope your wife can get what she needs to fix your troubles before you lose yourself." (Sympathy.)

Amaia: "You wield magic, but very little of it. Strange, more so from one who was once a witch hunter. You seem to be a person who struggles greatly with herself, and I hope you find peace from that turmoil some day." (Curious, sympathy.)

Alexander: "A Templar amidst so many mages? Curious indeed. But then you must not be a Templar in the true sense of the word if you are here and working against the gods. I would like to know more of the path that brought you to this odd position. Oh, but please stay away from me should trouble arise, your anti-magic is quite irksome." (Curious, wary of anti-magic.)

Cennick: "I cannot decide if you are arrogant or just brashly confident. There is not much room between them, I suppose. Would it hurt you to be polite rather than rude as a norm?" (Slightly irritated.)

Sanctus: "I do not know if you were a good person before death, or if being bound to unlife has changed you if you were, but I hope you do not give me cause to destroy you. I have never heard of a friendly wraith, but I would like this to be the first time." (Wary.)

Windy: "Gnomes are not native to these lands, are they? I seem to recall something about them coming from beyond the sea. I wonder how you found your way to this place, but then I suppose a bard would be drawn to a living legend. May your tales and songs bring us all merriment in dark times." (Curious, friendly.)

Grothnor: "I have not met any friendly orcs in my current memory, only the savage tribes of the mountains. I wrote of orcs fighting alongside me when I was last in the Free Holds though, so perhaps you are cut from the same cloth. Or perhaps not. Time will tell." (Neutral.)

Ignas: "Un homme triste avec une lueur d'espoir à gauche. Le passé pèse lourdement sur l'esprit qui ne peut pas retenir. Peut-être un avenir meilleur va soulager une partie du fardeau. (A sad man with a spark of hope left. The past weighs heavily on the mind that cannot remember it. Perhaps securing a better future will relieve some of the burden.)" (Weary but determined.)

Chilum: "So you fight against the slavery? In the past I know that I used slaves when I was fighting in the Free Holds. I cannot recall my reasons, but I do hope they were good ones. I see the goodness in your cause nonetheless." (Respect for noble goals.)

Nar'She: "What are you? You seem wrong, somehow. Perhaps it is just part of being a shapeshifter, but I find you unsettling." (Wary.)

Kouri: "A figure out of myth and legend. You seem a fairly ordinary human in most ways despite this status, which I suppose is a good thing as the legends make you out to be a figment of pure hope and imagination. Your ice magic is very good, though I believe you have much to learn in its use. I will help you if you wish it, for your magic is similar to that which I favor, unlike that which your followers wield. Your grand goal, however, is what drove me to agree to help you: the world needs a major change to make things better, and I believe your crusade against the gods might be the answer." (Curious, respect for fellow mage, willing to mentor, respect for noble goals.)

Marcus: "A tiefling? Fascinating. I don't know that I've ever met one of your kind. I hope you will not take offense if I ask after your heritage. You seem a man driven by a singular purpose, and such a purpose often ends poorly even if one gets what they thought they wanted. Be wary on your path, whatever it may be." (Curious, concerned.)

Mikan: "You are quite a cheerful young lady, though I suspect you hide darkness beneath the surface of light. It is good that you can enjoy life despite whatever you have been through, but try not to let hedonism consume you to your detriment." (Sympathy, concerned.)

James: "I feel great strength of magic in you for one so young. Your bird is quite interesting. Whatever your secrets, you do seem to be focused on doing something of great good, though I do not know what that might be, and the fact that you are helping Princess Kouri speaks well if your intentions. I would like to know what hides behind that callous exterior, and perhaps I will have opportunity to find out before long." (Respect for fellow mage, curious, friendly.)

Hanus: "I sense in you a kindred spirit. Tired of the world, yet looking to do something good before your time comes. A dark elf vampire is a curious and worrisome combination, for should the affliction of your people consume you you would become a terrible monster. I will walk this long road with you so far as our goals intertwine, and should you snap I will try to put you down before you harm any of your comrades." (Friendly, sympathy.)

Kouri: "Kouri... For your safety, I'll seize chasing your tail. I'm sorry for these thoughts I've been having of you, even if they may have a sense of... Something greater, behind it. But my loyalty is still to you, even if my feelings are- not, that is." (Romance Declined, causes self-loathing whilst around, Trusts and Respects.)

Marcus: "I want to train with you. You're the most well-experienced person here, and most disciplined. Perhaps you can aid me with my current needs in combat?" (Ally, Trusts.)

Mikan: "You know, your ways of trying to seduce others... Might have had some effects on me. I'm open for suggestion. Hell, I'm already fighting against the will of the gods, what else can I do before I die?" (Open to Suggestions.)

Kalemn: "I've seen your kin before, Mercenary. I've killed a few as well. As long as our loyalty to Kouri align, we won't be knocking into each other too roughly." (Pre-emptive thoughts, not entirely sure.)

Tahlia: "You've been the kindest of everyone around thus far. Perhaps I may be able to help your lover, if you'll let me. That is if I survive this whole ordeal." (Likes, Trusts, Glad to have her as an ally.)

Faolan: "If you ever need a body, hit me up once this is all over." (Ally.)

Samuel: "I hope that you'll be able to bring Kouri the happiness that I can't. I trust you in this endeavor, even if it breaks my heart." (Trusts, Jealous.)

Kasienka: "She may need some aid when it comes to combat, but other than that I'm sure she's a good person... Although what does she think of me? (Unsure, Believes to be a good person.)

Rahim: "You know, seeing you dust everyone else that you've met in raw strength makes me want to duel you quite a bit. In the non-lethal way, that is." (Curious, Feels a competition's brewing.)

Sisera: "A man who has lived for as long as Kouri. I, am not actually sure how he succeeded that. None the less, Kouri likes him, but I'm not so certain anymore. I hope that he's better off than I am." (Trusts, Respects, Likes.)

Dean: "That's how it's going to be, Dean? Hatred and despise dividing us apart as oppose to trying to get us all together? So be it." (Hates)

Baldrik: "I am just a soldier. I'm bound to die in a gruesome way. I want to fight and live for honor if Kouri won't accept me, and I'll be damned to all hell if none'll recognize me for my actions!" (Determined, Wishes for death, Fears.)

Windy: "Heh. You seem to be a cheerful person. I hope this journey won't dampen your mood. People like you are rare, and your value is like a diamond to us." (Cheers, Glad to have around, Sees potential)

Grothnor: "An orc? Never seen one of your kin before, minus the encounter with Amaia's dream. Well, I suppose you'll have to represent them well, aye?" (Not Sure. Scared.)

Ignas: "Mhm. An elf. I wonder what years of wandering on this Earth have taught you." (Curious, Interested, Wishes to seek counciling.)

Amaia: "She's alright, I think. Did that whole dream-thing reveal to us her deepest fear, or the perspective of something she hates?" (Unsure.)

Alexander: "Eh. You're okay." (Neutral)

Cennick: "Cennick, what brought you here? Was a pouch of gold from that Veteran really it, or that sword you're carrying? Either way, I'm not really sure about your figure. I saw how scared you were when Typhon showed himself. Death isn't as scary as you think it is." (Unsure, Minorly Distrustful about.)

Sanctus: "A spirit. I've not actually seen one in the flesh before that my mind hadn't conjoured up. Shame that it wasn't the Grim Reaper." (Scared, Curious.)

Chilum: "You're not that different from me, are you?" (Curious.)

Nar'She: "A shapeshifter... What to make of you. I don't believe that you'll be any better than James, in all honesty. But do prove me wrong." (Pre-determined Dislike.)

James: "I am not trustful of any mages like you. Kiune's bad enough (with her whole Diety thing), now you're just salt on an open wounds."(Distrustful, Dislikes.)

Hanus: "Crowned... a knight. I- I don't even know what to say. I'm speechless, but I suppose we're not here for sob-stories. You deserve the title, Hanus." (Jealous, Envies.)

Since all the kids are doing it...

• Samuel: "As long as you are not a threat to the Archigós (Chief) I will not mistreat you. Do not trifle with her emotions; or I will rip out your spine." (Distrusting, Cautious)

Kasienka: "It is hard to trust an elf. You are not Woad though, and you care about the clan's wellbeing. It is worthy of respect." (Mild-misgivings, respects)

Rahim: "Synéchise na prochorás brostá, taxídia kynigós. Aftó boreí na eínai to spíti. (Keep moving forward, Wandering Hunter. This might be home.)" (Hopeful)

Sisera: "You whisper in the Archigós' (Chief) ear, yet she only gets sadder. She trusts you, do not abuse that trust." (Cautious, Curious.)

Dean: "You are a good friend, and you throw a good punch. We shall protect our clan together, O fílos mou (my Friend)" (Friendly, Respects)

Baldrick: "I notice things about you, scaled-one. You sleep alone in the snow, like a beast; and you fawn after the Archigós (Chief) like a lost dog. Do not become a mad creature, or I will put you down." (Distrusts, Cautious, Worried.)

Kalemn: "You try my patience after we fought together, but I will not hold it against you. I would advise against picking a fight with Mikan again; you would not like it if I had to pick a side." (Cautious, Optimistic)

Tahlia: "Treat the wolf better." (Neutral, Cautious.)

Faolan: "I am sorry for what was done to you." (Neutral, Pities.)

Amaia: "You are strange, to me. You once attacked Marcus for a pretty face, but now you seek his approval and his training. You once insulted me on my appearance alone, but then you talked to me like a normal person, and showed me your magic. Are you changing yourself, or do you wear a convincing mask?" (Cautious, Optimistic.)

Alexander: "You seem like a fine Machitís (fighter). We will need you before the end, I am sure." (Neutral.)

Cennick: "You are cold, and confident, but you seem decent enough. If your skills are half as good as you think they are, it will be good to have you with us." (Positive, Cautiously optimistic)

Sanctus: " Paráxeni Pnévma, Den ypárchoun Samánoi edó. (Strange Spirit, There are no Shamans here.)" (Confusion, Distrust.)

Windy: "You walk quietly, and talk loudly. It is good to see someone who smiles around here. If your feet hurt on the journey, tell me; I will let you ride on my shoulder." (Friendly)

Grothnor: "I have killed your kind before, and I will again if you prove treacherous." (Distrusts, Cautious.)

Ignas: "Elves…" (Neutral, Distrusts due to natural prejudice.)

Chilum: "You are tall, and spindly. You look like a Free Holder. I hope you are trustworthy" (Neutral, Mildly Distrusting)

Nar'She: "You are quiet, and you can change your form. What is the real you like, stranger?" (Distrusting, Neutral.)

Kouri: "Keep standing tall, Archigós (Chief). I will keep your dream safe." (Protective, Respectful, Sees his ambitions achieved through her.)

Marcus: "You are a good man. You have already helped hone the edges of my strength. I hope that you might one day let me repay the debt I will no doubt owe you; perhaps after I best you fairly." (Respectful, Friendly, Has Ambitions to best him.)

Mikan: "You are free-spirited, you are strong-willed, and you are fun to be around. All that is left is for you to let me trust you." (Friendly, Protective, Curious, Fond of.)

James: "If you will help make me stronger, then I will happily protect you. Perhaps next time, we might share a drink; or a conversation." (Friendly, Curious about)

Hanus: "Even the oldest Hunters can find new life, it seems. I hope you and Kasienka find some happiness together, and I hope your paths never cross with the Woad. Until then, I will strive to best you; even if you call the task impossible." (Curious, Respects, Has Ambitions of besting one day.)

You Guys are alright, don't go to school tomorrow

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Brovo and Jorick
If the post feels a bit rushed, I figured y'all wouldn't mind if I assumed that y'all would go along with the "leave before Typhon arrives" plan. Therefore I was able to take another few steps ahead and go ahead to wrap up the scene. I leave it up to all of you as to what you would like to describe your characters doing—helping Marcus and Hanus grab everyone's belongings, or readying the horses to leave, or otherwise.

Oh yeah, and the dog is a large German Shepherd. Which I guess in this universe would be called a Rheinfelder Shepherd. I'll do a dog section for the wikia later (read: probably months) that'll go over dogs, but as a few quick notes...
  • They're a little smarter than their real world counterparts, and can actually grasp basic social situations.
  • They're able to detect unnatural things with uncanny accuracy. Depending on what it is and the alignment of their owner, they'll react accordingly.
  • People sometimes amplify their abilities with magical collars and the like. Kaiser's collar does seem enchanted with something, but the magic lies dormant at present. One of the magically-inclined members of the party will have to activate it by infusing it with power.

As for the horses: If you want to have one, ensure you mention it. If every player takes a horse, NPC's will go without. Except for Kouri and Hanus, obviously.

GM post coming this Monday. What to expect:
  • Jennifer Hunt.
  • Tahlia's attempts to calm spirits.
After this, if the players don't pick a particular direction or plan with Kouri, the NPC's will convince her of where to go next instead. I can do either or, but I figure y'all should at least get a chance to make a choice. :ferret:

I would like to know who is going on the Jennifer Hunt OOCly. So mass ping.

@Kadaeux
@LimeyPanda
@Slade
@Orion
@West
@HerziQuerzi
@Holmishire
@Jorick
@RoranHawkins
@Snakey
@RedWillow
@Grothnor
@Seba
@Alphakoka

Baldrik'd go with them in case he was aware they'd try to kill her. Otherwise, he'd stick around in the Sp00k mansion.

Dean wants a good ol' fashion hunt. He'll probably plot ahead with Kouri after others have made their minds up.

Kasienka is going on the hunt.
Chilum is refusing to go and will try to talk with Kouri once the Jennifer party has left.

Status
Not open for further replies.