The Legend of Heroes II: Trials by the Light OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I just happened to watch Cry's playthrough of the game a few years back and I got hooked onto the lore. Read up on everything available in the web, but I've never done any tabletop rps or the like. ^^" My writing life's pretty much restricted to Iwaku lol, there aren't any miscellaneous clubs in my school.
If you ever get a chance to try a tabletop, I highly recommend it! A lot of fun! :D

I will post tonight at one point.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Warden
Heya guys! I'm in the middle of planning more moving-in stuff and I have to get up at 5am tomorrow (for the last time THANK GOODNESS) so I'm skipping tonight, sorry! Looking forward to IC mayhem tomorrow!! ^^

Yo posting late, got a forum in UPD at 6 pm my time, might get home around 8. Just letting you all know! :)

I'm going to post after Warden then.

Tonight in a nutshell:

Me @ 10pm: Okay guys it's been so much fun, but I need to leave now. I've got an interview first thing in the morning, and I need to make sure I'm mentally prep-

Favorite singer ever of all time: Hey you wanna go get some shots? :)

Me: mister bartender that will be two makers marks, actually let's get a third shot of whiskey but put that one on the rocks because Ryan sips his so-called shots and can we also--

/doesn't get home til 2am

Wish me luck, friends :"D

I'm going to post after Warden then.
Oh no need, I'm going to post a bit before/after Pach (or skip entirely if I get too tired) and we're in separate scenes. Sorry for the late notice!

G'luck Rex!!!

Edit: Ok I'm home! Writing a post now :)

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Rexcalibur
Smh you better not fail your interview, Rex! >80 That aside I hope you had a nice time and aren't that badly wasted

Who are we kidding we all know you are

RdZZnCH.gif

Kettlefettle said:
I have never played Shadowrun, but I know a couple veterans and it sounds just baller as fuck lemme tell you. And I HAVE played Vampire: The Masquerade, although currently I'm playing its companion WoD Changeling: the Lost! All of the player's guides are trying so hard to be grimdark, it's terrific. Re: you and Warden, are you in the same VtM session?

Also I totally forgot to respond to this I'm sorry D8

What kind of character build did you have for VtM if you don't mind me asking? Fortunately my character has survived (very barely D8) the two sessions I've been in but from the looks of things it's incredibly easy to die in the game... whether by a poor character build, bad rolls or just really, really dumb players (last session will go down in infamy) I'm just wondering if there's any kind of generally good strategies to have in case my current char goes tits up and I can annoy my GM with it >8D Also what's Changeling: The Lost about and like? It sounds pretty cool :D

I wish I could physically gather you all together to play a tabletop rpg sometime, would be way too funny.

Okies so I'm gonna call the next post now! Might take a while and might be a bit long, so please bear with me!

• Thank You
Reactions: Rexcalibur
Awww yeah B) Small favor, if at all possible Kathi could you wait for me to post before you? I'll try and get my post up asap after work!

Also can I get some sympathy butt pats, I had a really bad start to my morning >.>

Awww Tae noooo! *gives you all the world's greatest butt suplex slaps possible (with added glitter!)* I hope the rest of your day unfolds better then your morning did D8

yellow With regards to the IC folks, feel free to have your characters respond however you like, and feel free to control the actions of the hijackers to a... restrained degree. Like I hinted at with their commander's orders at the end of my IC post, please don't have any of them kill any of the passengers onboard, even nameless bystanders, and the same goes for the hijackers too - no killing. Be aware though they are carrying firearms with lethal ammunition loaded (unlike Flynn's which are the more nonlethal variety) so if and when shooting does start to unfold, don't have any stray bullets kill anyone. Like I said, write with restraint.

Also be aware that like Carriage 6 there should be about 4 hijackers per carriage, and irregardless of that any character who attempts to fight against one is going to struggle regardless - these guys are trained professionals and are therefore not an easy touch. No easy beating of them, sil vous plais!

I'll also be throwing in occassional controlling of these hijacker NPCs too depending on player responses to either give people a hand or throw in horrible wildcard reactions and make things more evil.

giphy.gif

For Jam and Winter - don't be afraid or self conscious if you guys might make any mistakes during this segment since it's perfectly natural given that you guys aren't neccessarily used to the rp's combat expectations yet. I devised this opening segment to not only be dramatic but also serve as a good intro for these combat mechanics - I'm okay with people making mistakes so long as you guys are cool with the idea that you might and to not let that bother you. Nothing is a simple edit away from fixing! ^^ For example in Part 1's first chapter we had a lot of mistakes and errors made during the fight segment there by some players, but it's a learning process of which I'm more then happy to teach you guys. :)

"Who the hell do you think I am?!"
0d3ljJZ.png

kPwXSzf.jpg

Name: Josette Capuello
Class: Rioter
First Appearance: Chapter 1: Tabul Trouble
Weapon: Legs and feet of PURE STEEL

Personality & Background: A once upon a time bandit, Josette grew up in a not so easy life with a childhood littered with poverty and difficult familial circumstances. Following the murder of her mother and the subsequent arrest of her father, Josette and her brother formed alongside other societal outcasts the Capuello bandits under the leadership of her brother Don, the success and organisation of which left... much to be desired.

Following a frenetic battle against a group of Guilders in the ruins of a castle bordering the snowy town of Tabul the Capuello bandits were disbanded, with Josette eventually moving on to seek a life much more suited to her desired interests, with the intrepid band of bros formally comprising the bandits following after to the island resort of Los Paraisos. There again Josette came into conflict with the same Guilder band that had disrupted her back in Tabul, albeit this time it came with them and her brother Don (whom had by this point joined them) rushing to her respect in the midst of a slavery ring conspiracy. After that incident Josette had moved on, abandoning the last vestiges of the people that had formed the Capuello bandits and staking out on a new adventure and path of her own... a path which followed the inspiration set by her brother and the new friends he had made by becoming a Guilder herself. No one, not even Josette herself, could have ever predicted that happening.

Personality wise, Josette's a real firecracker, easy to anger and propel into fits of pure rage. Loosed with a short temper and a loud mouth with strong opinions she's not at all hesitant to share, Josette is effortlessly able to make enemies out of even the best of people, but of course there's a lot more to Josette then just this. Despite an outer facade developed by (in her view) the percieved neccessity to survive, Josette is a lot more softer and vulnerable on the inside, with a conscience laced with insecurities and a desire to slowly but surely better herself.

Abilities: As a fighter Josette is built purely on an extreme mix of strength and speed, moving swiftly across a battlefield and attacking with legs and feet laced with pure power, the strength of her kicks growing to wild and impossible proportions, even moreso depending on how empassioned (read: angry) she becomes. On a pure power level Josette's strength ranks alongside that of any good F ranked Guilder, however Josette's never been able to advance beyond a G rank due to... certain difficulties. For it doesn't matter just how strong someone is if they also leave a trail of property damage behind in their wake. The number of times Josette has ranked up and been subsequently deranked is simply too numerous to count.​

Last edited:
I'll respond later to cool tabletop discussions when I have time, have to run now – just wanted everyone to know I won't be able to post today. I might not be able to most Tuesdays, actually, but we'll see.

Heeey, guys! Sorry for the no post yesterday. Turned out I needed an emergency root canal!

Anyway, calling next post. Should only interfere with people in Carriage 7 :)

EDIT: Posted!

Sorry it's a bit long, I got carried away / had fun / wanted to add some buildup lol. Subsequent posts should be shorter. :)

To reiterate what was on my CS, if Shiloh's hand(s) gets damaged (like shot, cut, or attacked otherwise), he himself will receive mental pain proportional to what happens to his hand. That's in addition to him being squishy physically as you would expect of mages too lol. So he's not like invincible or anything here. Just leaving this here in case this helps anyone out with anything. cx

Though of course, McPach, if there's something you'd like to see modded, just say the word!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Taerinn
Thanks Pach, and thanks everyone for the hugs >w< My day did get a bit better, I have the keys to my new apartment and could technically live in it now if I were actually prepared~~~~ but aaaggghhh internet is the next and last thing on the to-do list, gaaahhhhhh.

Calling next! It might take me a bit since I still need to catch up so anyone outside of Carriage 7 can still post c:

Okey doke! So I'm trying to be very sensitive about overpoweredness, and I tried to leave it very open for:

a) The hijackers to put the boots to Cadfael
b) Cashmere and Rehna to step in

Feel free to write hijackers beating on him and/or Cad needing some saving, just please don't have them remove his mask or rip/damage it. ^^

Last edited:
I'm gonna post! Won't affect anyone unless they decided to take a trip to Carriage 3 c:

Edit: omg protect shiloh at all costs >:0

Edit!: Done! I'll take my sweet time (scene-wise) since Estefania's alone anyway. Did I mention how I regret getting a private carriage for her lol never again

Last edited:
Gdi Kathi this vita decal skin thing is the most difficult shit ever to put on. I give up! *throws it all in the bin* ...it was so pretty though... ;w;

How's everybody doing today? 8D I hope your tooth's feeling a lot better Danni and that everybody's having a wonderful day today as well! :D I've been absolutely loving everybody's posts this round - I think you've all done a commendable job. Very exciting stuff! I don't think I need to add any bandit responses so far... in fact I think I'm only going to work on one smallish scene for today >B) It shouldn't affect anybody else so if someone wants to call and write a post as well, by all means be my guest

Omfg Este calm down chicka you're gonna get hurt

Remind me never to piss Kei off

ALSO HAVE A NOSTALGIC BLAST FROM THE PAST (and another fitting Don song)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Warden and Taerinn
Status
Not open for further replies.