The Last of the First

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyros smiled. "Its Kyros, you'll remember it eventually." He replied before exiting the room and closing the door behind him. He was glad the two of them were settling down finally. He shook his head and plopped down on the couch. The two of them reminded him of the time he'd taken home two 8 week old kittens. So much energy and curiosity. It was tiring. He glanced at the closed door, his mind filled with so many things he wanted to learn from the strange creatures.

Ryo was inspecting a hole in the wall, which appeared to be an extremely small room. There was a shelf near the top with various strange objects stacked up there, and a rod holding a bunch of clothes. He popped his head out of the strange hole in the wall when Chev called him. He turned and found him curled up on the bed. He padded softly over and curled up next to him, wrapping his arms around him as best he could. He could already feel Chev's body heat warming him up. The familiar presence, the comforting warmth all began to lull him to sleep. He tried to stay awake, but it was a hopeless cause. After being sealed away for so long, they'd had a long day and seen many new and strange things. The whole event had exhausted him more than he'd realized and before long, he was sound asleep against Chev.

Ryo fit him perfectly and not for the first time Chev thought they had been made, not as enemies, but for one another. they were so much better off as a pair, two sides of one coin that opposing forces. though, without their constant fighting this world might not have ever been made. Chev almost wished it hadn't. he could feel Ryo's deep, even breathing against his neck, his lover was asleep. would Ryo agree? would he say it would be better that this world had never been made, that their children had remained unborn? then this pain would go away. the hollow ache that threatened to drive him mad. he didn't know if he dare sleep or not. would his dreams be filled with memories of what had been? would he see his children again, laugh and play with them only to wake up and be alone once more? or would his dreams be of their deaths. did they scream? were they in pain? did they scream for him and Ryo when they were killed? what if they had died hating the two of them. cursing their so called guardians for abandoning them. No. Chev wouldn't be able to sleep, but he could enjoy the warms of Ryo against his back while they lay together. For now that was all he needed. he'd already slept too damned long.

Darkness. Endless darkness. Then a small bulb of light appeared before him. He ran towards it, only to skid to a halt not too long later. Chev was there. "Chev!" Before he could move another muscle, they were fighting. An endless, cruel battle. Why were they fighting? Everything warped around him, forming new shapes. He was standing on a brand new Earth. Beside him stood Chev and at their feet were five tiny dragons all curled together. He watched them twitch, and small mewling sounds reached his ears. Once again, things began to warp around him. Memories flashed by: The kids' first flying lesson, the games they'd play. He remembered all the times he'd hidden in the trees watching as Chev played with them, laughing and bounding around. The memory of their first granchild and all the future dragons that would be born. He was holding one of the great great granchildren, a beautiful little blue dragoness. She looked so much like her great grandmother - Ryo's own daughter of the sea.

Then everything around him darkened. The tiny dragon's form dissolved into bones, then mere dust, blown away on wind he couldnt detect. The faces of all those little ones appeared all around him, angry and disgusted. "Where'd you go?" "Help!" "Save us!" Their cries reverberated around him. Then the images of his kids appeared in front of him. "How could you?" "You were supposed to protect us!" "You lied to us!" Their voices joining in louder than the rest.

"No, no I-" he tried to reach out to them, to tell them the truth, but then all the voices and all the faces dissappeared. In there place was one. One he had grown impossibly close to.

"How could you let them die?" Chev's accusing voice stabbed through him.

Ryo jolted awake with a yelp. Cold sweat soaked his face and shirt. He curled up into a ball, burying his face against his hands. He could feel them shaking. Tears soaked pants. His heart was pounding and his mind still full of the cries and accusations. He tried to tell himself it was just a dream, but it did nothing to calm himself.

Chev was in a sort of medatative state, his mind blank as he stared at the walls of this room when Ryo's scream and sudden movement snapped him out of it. "Ryo?" he sat up but the man had curled into a ball, shaking so hard the bed was moving. "Ryo-" he wrapped his arms around his lover, trying to comfort him. "it was just a dream, my love. just a dream. it's ok, i'm here. i've got you, Ryo, you're safe." Ryo had probably dreamed of what Chev was too cowardly to face. "it's ok now, my love. i'm here. it was just a dream, Ryo. look t me, ok? just look at me, i'm real. whatever you dreamed of is not, it's just in your head."

Ryo clutched onto Chev as if he were the only thing keeping him there. He shook with the efforts to control the emotions forcing their way to the surface. Chev's soft words helped calm him little by little. The warmth and strength of his arms around him grounding him in reality. It was just a dream. Just a dream.. He kept repeating to himself until he finally stopped shaking and the tears dried. He sucked in shaky breath, still reluctant to let Chev go. He hugged him a bit tighter. "Chev... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Chev adjusted so that he was sitting across Ryo's lap, planting himself down so he could hold Ryo easier and vis-versa. "it's not your fault, love. i was never your fault. how could you fight them when they were using me against you?" he and Ryo were equal in power, one could never truly defeat the other, the time they had come across during their war against each other. "there is nothing to blame yourself for, my love. it's not your fault. you weren't the one who did this." he pulled back enough to kiss Ryo, trying to sooth the man in every way he could. "it's ok, we can start over. we can make a new life here in this world. so long as we live our children will live on inside of us. if our memories and in our hearts. so long as we continue to remember and love them then they will stay right here with us, Ryo."

Ryo chuckled and nodded, not trusting his voice. He buried his face in Chev's chest, a few more tears soaking into his shirt. He was right. So long as they were there, their children wouldnt die. They were still there, in their minds and in their hearts. He could finally feel himself calming down. His grip eased a bit on Chev so it was more of a hug than a death grip. He closed his eyes and breathed in the sweet scent of his partner. He didnt know what he did to get someone like him, and quite often he thought that he didnt deserve someone like Chev. Someone as warm and kind as him deserved someone just as warm and kind, but that just helped him cherish him even more. He truly didnt know what he'd do without him. He pulled back and finally smiled. He kissed him gently, quickly. "Thanks. Again."

Chev grinned, "you don't have to thank me, you know. it's all i'm good for. i'm the happy bubbly one, remember?" he cupped Ryo's cheeks and kissed him deeply, reminding the man just how alive they were. Ryo needed him and that was all that matter. he could live a thousand years alone if it meant he got to spend just on hour with his love. he didn't know where they would go from here, what their lives would become or even what they were going to do even on a daily basis, but so long as he had Ryo by his side that didn't matter. "thank you for being here, Ryo. i wouldn't be able to survive without you." he snuggled close, his face buried in the man's neck, forgetting how he had sat. their bodies rubbed against each other in a more than just comforting way and Chev bit back a tiny gasp as pleasure shot up his spine. now wasn't the time. he'd always been the one that was ready to strip and have a go anywhere and anytime, Ryo having a bit more control over his emotions than Chev. he was always fighting to hold himself back, not wanting to impose on his love and make him do something he didn't want to or try and start something at the wrong time.

"Mmm. And I'm the dark brooding one, right?" Ryo replied with a laugh.

"Ryo? Chev? Are you two awake? I fixed some breakfast if you're hungry." Kyros' voice came through their door.

Ryo smirked, bopping Chev gently on the nose. "Not now, love. The human beckons." He sat Chev on the bed and stood up, stretching his whole body in an arc. "He always knows when to interrupt, doesnt he?" Ryo mumbled, rubbing his hands over his face to make himself a bit more presentable. He probably looked like a mess.

Chev was ready to roast that human whole. "Sure does, how about a little hit to the back of the head and we can pick up where we left off, hm?" he was kidding, of course...well, mostly. he'd not harm their host so long as the man stopped interrupting. "Coming, Kyros. thank you." he watched Ryo arch, the sight too beautiful not to watch. "i vote we claim fatigue and retire right after our meal." he smirked, winking at Ryo, "promise to make it worth your while." that's what he needed right now. a good, old fashioned release. much like his birth and his power cycles, the act of sex was a build up of power and need until it finally burst and all that was built went rushing out at once. it was a sensation he found himself addicted to over the years.

"I like that plan," Ryo agreed. "Given that you dont get distracted by something first..." Ryo ran his hands through his hair, removing most of the knots that had accumulated overnight, but otherwise let it lay in its ruffled mess. Then he padded out of the room, veering towards the smell of food. He remembered some of the smells from some of his jaunts through human towns long ago. He recognized the smell of eggs and a type of meat they had always been fond of. What had they called it? Oh, right, pig. It appeared it was still a favorite of the humans. Some things never change apparently. He found Kyros putting food on big white vessels. He watched him put all three on the table, one in front of each chair.

"Good morning, Ryo. Have a seat." Kyros pulled out a pitcher of water and a jug of orange juice from the fridge and placed them on the table, then took a seat himself. He'd decided to start out with an easy breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and toast. He had no idea what Ryo and Chev liked to eat, but he was sure meat was high on the list, so he made a lot of bacon and sausage. He'd see how this meal would go, then try some new things tomorrow.

Chev was about to follow Ryo when he saw a little room he hadn't noticed before. A quick exploring wouldn't hurt, right? It was small, perfect! He'd take a look and be to the food before they noticed. He stepped inside and found a basin like in the shiny room called a kitchen as well as the waterfall maker. It hurt to see the water flowing down so beautifully, but he forced his mind to stop thinking and moved to the short basin that already had water in it. The basin was white and had a lid covering it and there was a lip around the edge once that was lifted. He found a shiny sort of level looking thing and when pushed down the water refreshed itself, the old flowing away and replaced by new. "must be for pets." He'd seen humans with pets before and his own children and grandchildren had them too. Fresh water was good and healthy for them, these humans really did seem to think of everything. He found a cloth curtain that pulled back to show a bigger version of the waterfall basin and when he played with the levers he found it created rain.

"spectacular! Really, these humans…" he smiled to himself and shook his head, turning off the rain and the waterfall before heading to the kitchen. He'd gotten wet from the rain and his clothes hung annoyingly so he took them off, dropping them along the way and arrived bare of all coverings, not that he noticed. "Happy new day to you." He sat himself down happily next to Ryo, "I like your rain maker. Is it for your plants?"

"A rain maker? Really? You'll have to show me after the food. It sounds interesting." Ryo replied.

Kyros coked on the water he had just drunk, completely unprepared for Chev's entrance. He smaked his chest a few times until the coughing stopped. Seriously, he had a lot of work ahead of him with these two. The prospect gave him a headache.

Ryo was so used to Chev parading around without anything on that he didnt notice anything until he heard the human cough. He glanced at the human, watching as his face turned as red as the scales of some of his grandchildren. He tipped his head to the side, and glanced at Chev. He was about to ask what was wrong, when he figured it out. "Chev, I dont think the human likes your choice of appearence. Perhaps you should go put something on?" He didnt quite understand why the human had gotten so flustered over such a thing. It seemed a bit silly.

Chev looked at the embarrassed human and grinned. "what's wrong, don't you think I look sexy?" he asked, moving to the human. He pulled the man's chair back and sat across his legs, grinning at him happily, "come on, even a human like you must appreciate the view. But if you don't I'd be happily to help you out…" he nuzzled the human's ear and gave it a lick before moving lower, nipping at his neck. "Kyros," he whispered, moving back to the man's ear, "I can feel how much you like it." He giggled and stood up, not ashamed of the fact his body was showing he had liked the little game as well. "guess I have to go get dressed, what a bother. Ryo will thank you for this later, Kyky." He winked before heading to the bedroom to change, making sure to sashay his ass as he left.

Ryo watched his mate saunter off down the hallway. He did enjoy the view, and he didnt care if he never wore clothes, but the humans were a bit more bashful. When had that happened? He wondered as he turned back to the table. Kyros was pointedly staring at the food in front of him, his face a brilliant shade of red. Ryo smirked. Chev truly had a way with people, that was for sure.

A loud protest from his stomach reminded Ryo that he needed to eat. He stared at the disk of food, then at the small metal item placed next to the disk. What was it for? It reminded him of a miniature pitchfork the humans used to use long ago. He picked it up turned it over, then looked quizzically at Kyros. Kyros glanced up right as Ryo stabbed him with the tiny pitchfork.

Kyros flinched, batting the fork away. "Hey! Dont do that. You eat with it. Look." He picked up his own fork and showed him how to hold it, then took a bite to show hot to use it was well. Honestly, how did he not know how to use a fork? "Dont stab people with it."

Chev came back with a wide open shirt that exposed his chest and the little pants that were suppose to be worn under longer pants. "there, dressed." he sat down and looked at Kyros with the silver thing curiously, "is that how it works? weird." he picked up his own and looked it over before grinning and poking Ryo with it. "i wouldn't mind eating you right now." he winked and glanced over to Kyros, deciding his day's focus would be making this human blush as much as he possibly could. did humans get sick if they blushed too much? he was going to find out. "hey Kyky, Ryo and i've been froze for some hundreds of thousands of years. considering i live off of sex, quite literally," but not really, "i'm horny as rabbits in heat. i'm fully planning on pinning this man down and having my dirty way with him as soon as we finish hear. might even do it here, want to join in?" he smiled brightly, offering the human the world in his mind. "trust me, all sex you've had up until now will be nothing compared to what we​ will do to you."

Ryo grinned, trying to pick up something with the metal thing and failing miserably. Chev had always enjoyed playing with the humans in various ways and Ryo had to admit that this was one of his favorite ways. He looked up at Kyros to see his face burning. He turned away, surpessing laughter.

"W-w-w-w-what, n-n-n-no!" Kyros stammered. He couldnt believe this, what was he thinking? Was he crazy? They werent even the same species! He stood abruptly. "I-I have to go to work. Y-you two stay in the house." He turned away and started to walk off, but paused and looked at them. "And behave! No breaking anything, understand?" He stalked away as fast as he could, and closed his bedroom door tightly.

"Work?" Chev looked at Ryo curiously, "isn't work something you do, not a place you go to?" he thought about that as he kept eating, starving after so long without food. that and it took a lot of energy to be him, he had to eat a lot. though, oddly enough, they had discovered that when he ate in his human form, he ate a third of what he would in his dragon form and still felt full, even when he shifted. "i want to go to work, i wonder what it's like...probably o fun at all, though." he pouted at that when it finally registered that Kyros had gone to his room. "oops-" he looked towards the hall and smiled weakly, "i was planning on cleaning up the man's room after breakfast, but it was too late now. Chev had been on the hunt for clothing, which meant most of the clothes that Kyros owned were thrown across his room. Chev gave Ryo a tiny smile and scoot closer to him, if he was near Ryo, Kyros might think twice about attacking him. "so! how are you? this food is good! and so much of it is sweet, far sweeter than anything we used to eat. except that time we found sugar cane." Ryo had banned him from eating sugar cane after that, well, he had three days later when Chev finally woke up from his sugar coma.

From the recesses of the house they heard Kyros yell something indistinguishable. He appeared around the corner, face red with either anger or embarrassment, Ryo couldnt tell. "Chev! What the hell did you do to my to my room?"

Ryo put an arm around Chev instinctively. Kyros looked like he was about to murder him, or do a great deal of damage. "Chev, what did you do?" he whispered in his mate's ear. Chev's actions had angered many people in the past because of his oh so innocent behavior (or so some would believe), so it wasnt that much of a surprise that he'd angered Kyros. What did surprise him was how fast it happened. They'd only been there for less than a day after all.

Kyros stopped halfway down the hall once Ryo put his arm around the troublemaker in question. Normally, getting on Ryo's bad side was the last thing he wanted to do, but at the moment, the only thing he wanted to do was strangle the blonde bastard.

Chev's eyes widened as he hunched his shoulders and leaned into Ryo. "I was going to clean it up..." he gave Kyros a sheepish look, "you told me to go get dressed but i don't have any clothes and neither does Ryo so i had to wear some of yours. i really was going to clean it up after breakfast. promise. i'll organize it for you to. my type and color, that'll be nice, right? i remember where i threw everything, what do you need?" he slipped out of Ryo's arms and moved slowly to Kyros, ready to dodge if need be. "that's good, right? i'll help and it'll be clean when you stop working." he smiled, inching closer now, "ok?"

Status
Not open for further replies.