The Last of the First

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyros shrugged. "I dont know why its called that. It just is." He grabbed the remote and turned it on. "Its not magic, Chev." He sat beside him and showed him the remote. "THis is called a remote. This button turns the TV on and off, and this one changes the channel." He pointed to each button in turn. The others, notably the volume, wasnt something he wanted him to know about just yet. "Does that make sense?"

Ryo peered at the remote over Chev's shoulder while he softly scratched his back, not really paying attention to what he was doing. There were so many strange things on the remote. He tapped the first button he'd pointed to, and the tv promptly went black again. "THey're gone again?"

Chev pulled the remote away when Ryo pushed something and turned 'off' the little people, blocking it from Ryo with his torso. "No touching!" he stuck out his tongue and studied the black rectangle with little shapes sticking up from it's side. he pushed the same button that Ryo did and smiled as the people came back. "On!" he pushed again, "Off." he frowned, but smiled again when a push brought them back. "on!" he did this a few more times before the other 'buttons'. "what does this one do? changes-" he pushed the bottom and blinked as the people changed. "ooooh! new people. hello!" he knew the elected human magic stuff meant they wouldn't hear him, but he didn't care. he started pushing the changer, meeting all the new people and a few animals as well. "how do i see the other people again?" there was an up arrow and he'd been pushing down so maybe-he pushed the up and it went back to the people that had just been on. "oh! i get it!"

he pushed a different arrow, wondering if that would give him more little people as well. there weren't any new people, but the notice got louder and chev's eyes widened. "what-" it got louder and louder to the point where it was starting to hurt. "no! no! bad!" he started to shake the rectangle, hitting it against things when he remembered the down arrow and tried that. "oh-" he sighed when it got soft again. "ow. i don't like that arrow." he dropped the rectangle, bored now, and looked around again. "so, smiles on the wall, people in a box and elect-elect...uh, that stuff." he pointed to the cord pushed into the smile. was it kissing it? maybe that's why it was smiling with it's mouth wide open. "hey Kyros, what do you humans do for fun anymore? do you do those things where you run around trying to be better than the other humans still? i loved watching those games, you're all so cute when you think you're strong!"

Ryo moved so he could see which buttons he was pushing. "Easier than it seems..." he murmured. "Hit it again Chev, I want to see who else is in there." He flinched away from the loud sounds, reaching blindly for the remote. "Turn it off, turn it off!" Ryo rubbed his ear once the sound was down again. "Evil arrow. I dont like that one either."

Kyros picked up the remote and turned the TV off. "Electricity," he reminded him. "Fun? It depends on the person. There's games and tv and a ton of things to do outside or in the city." He gave Chev a strange look. "Run around trying to be better than other humans?"

Ryo grinned. "Oh those were the best! Plus afterwards we got to play around a bit too."

Chev nodded, "you know, where the two groups go running at each other, screaming and they clash in the middle. the side that had the most people killed lost and the other side took over the area until the next game happened?" he grinned at Ryo, "the kids loved those games, though the twins weren't too fond of them. it messed with their abilities to play with the bodies." he shrugged a little, "and afterwards i'd take care of the whole lot, 'cuz who wants a pile of human bodies stinking up the place?" he scrunched up his nose at the thought and went to a window. "you said there was fun things to do outside? like what? what's a city? is it like a human village?" but then he remembered seeing a bunch of huge houses when they were driving, "is a city a big village? how many humans live here?" the future was fascinating, there was a lot of new things to help distract.

Kyros thought for a moment before he realized. "Wait, are you talking about war? Those arent supposed to be fun you know. They're harsh and lots of people die..." He shook his head and sat on the couch. Why'd he even bother? He didnt even know if they understood the concept of war and everything that went with it. He ganced up at Chev. "Yea, its just like a large village. A few million people live in just this city. As for things to do, well there's a lot although they were made for humans so I dont know if you'd find them fun. There's places where its all just grass where people and kids go to play, thats called a park. There's places with huge things you ride on, those are called amusement parks. Bowling Allies are places where you throw a heavy ball at a bunch of big pins..." He listed off a bunch of other places, giving them small descriptions too.

Ryo leaned against the couch, fascinated by all the different things. "Humans certainly are creative things..."

Chev laughed when he heard all the things people could do now. "There are so many humans, of course they have to come up with something to do. they'll all get bored and play their war games again if they just sat around." he tried to imagine that many humans all gathered into one city and just couldn't do it. how big was this place? it had to be huge to hold that many! he glanced at the door and smirked, time to find out, but Kyros had wanted them to stay inside..."Kyky!" he cried, jumped onto the human's lap and wrapping his arms around him, "take me to this 'park' thing you were talking about. i want to see all the grass and people and stuff! can we go? please?" he added his best 'begging eyes' as they had been called in the past. if Kyran said no, he'd just sneak outside and fly up as high as it took to see everything anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.