"What, do I have food on my face or something? Or are you finally realising that, 'hey, this guy's pretty handsome, maybe I should be nicer to him'? Aw, sweetheart, that's real nice-- because I'm a real nice guy. You just need to trust me more, which I get is hard for you to do, but when I save your butt a couple dozen times from aliens, you should at least be open to the idea of liking me," smirked Octavius when catching the glances she gave. He was far too smug and confident to realise that they were distrusting and wary glances, of course. In his head, she was looking at him with a new, reestablished sense of trust-- and not wariness.

"Anyway, I think you're a real sweet gal, so even if you hate me, I'm going to have your back. We gotta stuck together, us humans, right?"​

"First, I wasn't thinking you were cute. I was thinking this guy is such a big idiot for being to trusting. Second, yeah I have your back in all, just don't do anything too stupid." Grumbled Devin as she walked down the bloodied road.

Blyke cackled s bit and grinned at the two. "You two seem close. So what's you guys story? Boyfriend and girlfriend, best friends? Or are you two siblings?" He asked.

Gem scoffed, rolling her eyes. "She's too ugly to be his girlfriend, and they don't look like each other at all so they ain't siblings. Maybe they're friends." She answered with a smug smirk.

Devin shot her a glare, before ignoring her all together. She didn't have time to be arguing with some girl.

"Nah, she ain't pretty. I think she's really gorgeous. You know, I thought she was an alien when we first met? Those alien freaks are really pretty attractive, and Devin can compete with them aesthetically. I'd love to be her boyfriend, but she's way too smart not to get distracted by relationships. I get that. It's more important to find safety and shelter," wisely replied Octavius as he gently smiled to Devin after his rather obvious defence of her. He neglected to mention to the other two that he and Devin had only met that day. He felt like he had known her years, so he didn't feel the truth was necessary to divulge. He had plenty of secrets, anyway. This one wasn't anything new to him.

"You're really quite rude, sweetheart. Devin's been through some shit. We all have. Let's not insult one another, okay? Especially not on looks. We're all mighty attractive. Aliens will think we're on their side, seriously~ Especially me. My mother always told me I had a face carved by the angels themselves~"​

Devin didn't return his glance. She may not look like she was, but she was pleased with his words. No matter what she was still a girl, and girls loved being complimented. She did like that he defended her as well. If she was immature, she would look at Gem smugly and smirk. However she wasn't immature. She knew what was right and wrong.

So she continued on, whilst Gem growled under her breath and looked away annoyed.

"Now, we're all gonna get on just great, I already know it~ Just ignore her, alright? She's not exactly cheerful, is she? But she can definitely help us out, so ignore her attempts to annoy you. Besides, if it all goes terribly, we'll be the ones with the upperhand. We're stronger than they are, you're probably handier with a weapon than them both put together and we're clearly the cuter pair," he grinned quietly to her, consciously using plurals like 'we' and 'us' to subconsciously get her to see them as a unit already. That was his intention. They may be in a group of four, but he did see Devin as his partner-- and he knew she had talents. Being close to her could definitely help and benefit him, and that was all he really cared about.​

Devin glanced at him out the side of her eye, arching her brown eye brow. "Seriously, you praise your looks entirely too much." She whispered back to him.

Within a week, they reached the south. The south was....plagued with craziness. Killed aliens hung at the gates into the crazy little town. Guards stood on watch with huge weapons. Liable to shoot anything they wanted. The a buff, grisly man stopped the four of them, glaring at them. "....Ladies left your shirts." He ordered with a slight smirk.

"What?!" Gem squeaked. She was able to walk not, the shot wound wasn't too bad. She was holding her chest, with wide eyes.

The guard looked at her, with a disgusting perverted smirk. "I said lift your shirts. We gotta make sure you ain't some aliens."

"Why are you asking the guys?!" Hissed Gem glaring furious, meanwhile Devin kept quiet, however her hand was just itching to grab her gun and shoot the bastard.

"Because we know aliens don't travel with humans, and if you two are humans we don't have to check the guys. Besides, I wanna see your nice racks so lift em now." Hissed the man, pointing his gun at the. girls.

Devin clicked her tongue with annoyance lifting her shift. Obviously she didn't have marking. But she did have a nice pair. which were obviously covered by her bra. The man smirked and reached for her chest before she sliced his hand. She moved so quick, no one even seen her reach for her knife.

"G-Gah! You bitch!" He hissed, about to shoot at her, but a higher up man, who seemed to be a little sane stopped him from doing so.

He was a little older. He glared at the man. "Adam. What have a I told you about annoying fellow humans. I'm sorry you four had to be...Belittled like that. Please, come in, welcome to Oldstown." He gestured to the makeshift town. It was one of the few human towns that actually had electricity. As well as a bunch of crazy humans who fought every day. "I'm Jacob Bates. I'm kind of in charge of the town. I want humans to stick together you know, fight against these aliens. You four are new faces right. Need a tour?" He asked with a charming smile.

"Yes." Purred Gem with a grin. She had been flirting with Octavious literally every day they were traveling, but he didn't seem Interested, so maybe this new guy would be.

Devin glared at Jacob. But that wasn't new, she glared at anything. "No. We just need to restock."

"Surely you are thinking of leaving again are you? This place is a haven for humans. We are all working together." Jacob stated with a grin.

Blyke grimaced, before looking over at Octavious. Blyke seemed to allow either Devin or Octavius to make the group decisions. They seemed to know what they were doing.read_books_with_master_by_aenaluck-d9qz79o.jpg

Over that week, they were undoubtedly going to be closer, and Octavius had done all he could to ensure that Devin began to see him as an ally and a friend, rather than someone she could use to help herself survive. He had saved the group from an alien attack, which obviously earned him a few brownie points, and he always went out of his way to make food and offer his jacket to Devin if she looked cold (even if she often protested she wasn't).

And genuinely, he had felt that they had become far closer, to the point of him beginning to see her as... someone he rather liked. Just because he was an alien didn't mean he was incapable of finding humans attractive. He had slept with humans after all, even if all his ex-lovers were now dead and torn apart by him for a meal, though the fact he didn't see Devin as a future meal spoke volumes for his feelings.

Which was why he was currently fuming, anger shown on his face and his hand clutching his gun still after the perverted display by the human man. If Jacob hadn't intervened, that guard would be dead and Octavius probably would have given himself away by tearing into him purely out of anger-- and then to feed himself. He'd gone a full week without calming his urges, and while he was hungry beyond belief, he was proud of himself for not ruining what he had right now.

"Hm? Oh... yeah, staying here sounds good for a week or two, Devin. We could do with a rest. I'll make sure no asshole touches you. I could have shot that guy in the face. Next time someone ever pulls something like that to her, I'm going to kill 'em. We should stick together, so any fucking repulsive display like that from anyone, I'll make sure they pay, okay? Bitterness aside, this place is pretty rad," praised Octavius once his anger faded away, whistling his approval. "Real nice. You sure we can stay awhile?"​

Devin looked at Octavious, before looking around. Okay so the place had electricity, meaning warm water, and hot showers. Also it meant warm meals. But other than that, this place was a dump. For one, humans killed each other like crazy here. Which was probably a pro here for Octavious. He could probably kill and eat a human here without anyone even noticing. But for Devin that was a huge con. "...Stay here?" She questioned.

Jacob looked at Devin before grinning calmly at her. "Yes, stay here. We have a nice little home available for you guys if you want it. Its a one bedroom home. But I'm sure you four can manage. The bigger homes are for larger families. We also offer meals. Three hot meals. As well as showers. In order to get this package deal you need to work of course. If you join our army you get best treatment of course."

Of course. They had to work for the hot meals and showers and home. But...Devin was willing to do it. They had her at showers. "...Okay. I'll do it. Where's the home?" She asked. Jacob grinned and began to walk to the home

"So does this mean you all are joining the army? It's not like we have to go off to battle, simply guard this place if aliens shoe up." He told them as he came across a few little homes. They walked past a super nice mini mansion, which was probably owned by Jacob. He was the man in charge.

"Wait, we can't have a one-bedroom house. My girlfriend and I are expecting, and I don't want her to have to share a bedroom with those two when the pregnancy becomes more obvious. I'd... like us to have our privacy. In return, I'll gladly do all the chores around her and work hard in this army of yours. I'll even train 'round the clock, in return for a bigger home. Nothing special. Just bigger so the girlfriend has some privacy for when our kid comes," smiled the man charmingly, his arm slowly slipping around Devin's waist and, with a subtle glare back at Blyke and Gem to keep quiet, gently placed a kiss to Devin's cheek convincingly. He was a good actor, after all - he had convinced everyone he was human and, with his looks, that was no easy feat.

"How do you even get hot meals? Food's pretty scarce, ain't it? We've barely managed, and nutrition's pretty important for Devin, obviously. A hot meal sounds fucking heavenly, mate. Some good old, hearty meal..." He moaned hungrily, mouth already watering at the simple image. "You live alone in that big old place, then? Or do you have a family?"​

Reactions: ForeverRed
Jacob stopped in his tracks, half turning around to look at Devin and Jacob. "Oh? You two are expecting? I was thinking she was the type of girl that would kill a man if he tried to get her pregnant. She's got a look that kills." Chuckled the man before smiling warmly at them. "You two are both beautiful, your child well be gorgeous. Congrats." He stated. He was about to continue walking, until he asked about the mansion he lived in. Glancing over at the mansion, he smiled with pride. Before the invasion the mansion would be considered....Rundown. With broken shutters, tall grass, and vines creeps up on the sides, it looked terrible. But how things were right now? That mansion looked beautiful. "I do have a family. I have a son and daughter. Twins, they're about you three ages. I have a wife who is a bit sickly. She doesn't come out much. As for the nice hot meals. We have electricity if you hadn't noticed. We took two those super high tech generators from an alien's ship. We had one held hostage here, so eh could teach us how to use those generators. After we figured out how to do that, we killed him. And now you can cook your meals. As for the food, raided it from Alien ships or find some animals. We also grow a lot of our food. So we do need some people to become gardeners. Maybe you two ladies will be happy to be gard-"

"I can fight." Hissed Devin with a harsh glare.

"I'm sure you can, but I wouldn't want the baby getting hurt. Now what were you guys names?" He asked as he led them to bigger homes that had two bedrooms.

"...I'm Blyke. This is my cousin, Gem." Stated Blyke with a grin.

Gem, who was upset that the man was married, smiled halfheartedly. "Gem...Nice to meet you."

"....I'm Devin....This is my idiot- I mean boyfriend, Octavius." She smirked up at him. Devin had become accustomed to insulting and teasing Octavius.

"She calls me an idiot affectionately. It's our thing. She's not the sweetest of girls, you probably know that. The amount of time it took me to convince her to let me take her on a date is insanely long, but it all pays off in the end. Didn't it, darling?" Coed Octavius, taking the opportunity to be close to the girl and flirt openly, knowing she couldn't exactly snap at him without ruining the lie. Besides, the lie benefited all of them. Sharing one-bedroom was hardly going to be pleasing, so they all had a reason to maintain the lie for the next two weeks. Obviously, Devin wasn't pregnant, so they had to leave before people became suspicious, but that gave them at least three months to stay, which was plenty in his eyes.

"Devin will be a gardener for you. It's not stressful and won't harm the baby. She's more of a fighter, clearly, but she doesn't really have that opportunity now. I've told you, darling. You need to start relaxing now we have a little one on the way~"​

She held back a snap, wanting to slap him, but she simply allowed a sweet smile to grace her face. "Fine. If you say so."

Finally Jacob reached the home, opening the door for them. "This is where you guys will be staying. It ain't much. But has a full bathroom, a little kitchen. We have dinner at six. Join me in my mansion so we can disgust things. That's in a few hours. So you have plenty of to settle in. Tomorrow morning some men will be here to give you some food for the week. Enjoy your stay." Jacob grinned before heading back to his home.

Gem walked into the home, looking around at the place. "Not bad. Beats the outside by a hundred." Stated the girl with a grin.

Devin looked around the little two level home. When she saw the bathroom, her eyes almost sparkled in delight. A shower. Finally, its been so long. After bathing in rivers, a nice hot shower would be great. "Well, she should pick rooms." Stated the woman.

"Well, you girls should share a room." Blyke suggested, only kidding though. He knew how much they hated each other.

"Hell no." They both spat simultaneously, glaring st each other.

Blyke chuckled, running his fingers through his long hair. "Alright, alright. Well since Devin is pregnant with her boyfri-"

"Don't. Stop." Hissed Devin with flushed cheeks. "Couldn't think of a better lie genius? Now I got a boring ass job."

Gem huffed before walking over to Octavius draping her arms around him. "Yeah like saying I was pregnant, we have made out a few times~" She lied with a purr.

Devin wasn't aware that this was a lie, and instant felt herself flush with anger. "...What?" She asked, glaring at Gem

"Make out? You wish. If I was going to have my lips on anyone, it would be Devin. Let's face it, me and her have this underlying sexual tension she's far too stubborn to even realise. She can pretend to hate me all she wants, but we all know that she's probably imagined me naked. Haven't you, doll? You and I have this thing going on, and it's real nice and fun, but come on sweetheart, when are we going to get to the real fun and share a nice kiss?" Smiled Octavius, easily disregarding Gem's advances and removing her arms with little more than a small smile in her direction. As usual, all his attention was set on Devin, and only her.

"Until you finally realise how attractive I am, I'll just take the couch. You have a bedroom to yourself, and those two can share together. They probably feel safer doing that, anyway. As much as I'd love a bed, I don't think you'd want to share a room with me. Why, I don't know. I'm nice, kind, super hot..."​

"First, we don't have some 'sexual tension'." She stated using air quotes. However she did feel a wave of relief when he denied of having made out with Gem. "Second, you are far to cocky for your on good. And third, if anyone in this group deserves a bed its you. I don't mind sharing with you. You save our lives ya know." She stated, having a hard time meeting his eyes. "Anyway, we should get settled in. Let's unpack what we have. And get ready for this dinner." She mumbled and headed to a bedroom.

"I'm probably not going to go to that thing. I'd feel more comfortable just staying here, getting in some decent sleep. Not sat around a table discussing my life story for the billionth time," sighed Octavius as he took the weight off his feet with a loud, unsubtle groan of content, kicking his torn shoes off and wriggling his toes appreciatively, however swollen and bloody his feet were from all the walking. "You lot can go though. Tell that guy I'm sick and needed to rest up or somethin', alright? Do me a favour, considering I saved all your lives once or twice already. Remember that. You'd be alien fodder if it wasn't for y amazing shooting skills~"​

"Ugh, so damn cocky." Devin grumbled as she walked in the room. Looking at the bed, she grinned a bit before sitting Down. Signing softly from how it felt, she kicked her shoes off. Laying back on the bed, she rested instantly. Letting out a sight of relief again, she curled into a ball.

Looking at the alien as he entered the room, she glanced back at the
window in the room. "...This is nice." She whispered to him. During their time of knowing each other. She wasn't as guarded or glaring. She let her guard completely down with him. She was sweeter with him when they were alone

"This is real nice, yeah," admitted the alien as he joined her on the bed, though respectfully kept a slight distance from her. He may flirt with her and make his feelings known, but he was nothing like the human guard from earlier. He would never intrude on a woman's personal space like that, hence why all his advances were purely and playfully verbal-- though he would stop those the moment Devin told him too. Thus far, she had only rolled her eyes. That told him she was at least happy to hear the compliments.

"Sorry about springing that lie on 'ya earlier. I just thought you'd appreciate not having to share a bedroom with those two, 'specially Gem. She's a bit of a... bitch, ain't she?" He smiled quietly. Usually, he would never say anything bad about Gem. he laughed alongside her, smiled when she flirted and often had an arm loosely over her shoulders. In reality, he didn't like her very much after all her attacks on Devin, and in private, he was happy to say so. "Not really my cup of tea, so don't worry about me ending up in bed with her. Ain't going to happen, love."​

She glanced at the alien, her blue eyes obviously happy, but she didn't say anything, she just closed her eyes. "I can't remember the last time I've slept on a bed....Oldtown isn't so bad is it?" She asked with a bit of a smile, her eyes still closed..

"I...I think the last time I slept in a bed was a year after the invasion. It was only me my little brow Jamie and...And my boyfriend. We all slept together in the same bed, because we were scared. We were in some abandoned house." She told him, this being the first time she spoke of her past.

"Anyway, I'm going to get showered, and get ready for this dinner...You sure you don't want to come to the dinner? I bet there'll be meat, and I don't know if you can miss out on that." She told him as she got out of bed. She was unaware with her friend preferring human right about now. Hell if they were all to leave it would leave him the perfect chance to eat a human in peace.

Last edited:
"You... really don't need to tell me about your past. I know that it's difficult for you and stuff, and like... I know I pressured you to share before, but now we're closer, you really don't need to. Just tell me when you feel you wanna-- and you can ask away about my family, or lack thereof. I'm totally happy to tell you every little detail of my past," he admitted easily, failing to add that every so-called detail would be faked and fabricated. It was either tell her a tale, or admit that he was an alien-- and a cannibalistic one at that.

"I would like some meat... You know me so well, don't 'ya~? Thing is, I'm real tired," he exhaustively pouted, making a show of yawning and stretching his muscled arms out. "I'll probably just stay here, grab some sleep... But fetch me back some chicken or something, babe, like a doting girlfriend would for her boyfriend. We need to keep up the lie, don't we~?"​

Grabbing a pillow off the bed, she threw it at him with a soft smile. "Yeah, yeah....I'll bring ya back chicken. You go ahead and sleep." She told him before heading to her long awaited shower. Later that evening, the three off them left to go to the dinner in the mansion, all of the slightly eager to have a nice hot meal.