However, the moment they left and he was sure that everyone else in the makeshift town would be busy themselves, Octavius took his leave to finally get the meal he had craved since meeting Devin. Aliens didn't eat humans, and never had. They simply killed them to make more room for their own people. However, Octavius was obviously... different. He had spent most his life killing his own people, and those cravings had simply been widened when discovering that humans tasted just as nice to him - and right now, all he wanted was to get a good meal inside him.

And so, within the hour, he had returned to the bedroom, tore off his shirt and collapsed into bed for some rest after getting just what he had wanted. He had killed some drunkard who nobody seemed to care about, and while he usually took his time with his meals to cut them up properly, he had torn this man apart in ravenous hunger-- though, almost amazingly, without getting a drop of blood on his clothes. Wiping what he could from his face, he snuggled up in bed and made sure enough room was kept for Devin when she eventually returned.​

Devin soon returned, seeing him all tuckered out. Smiling a bit, she took her shoes off, before nudging his side with her foot. In her hand she held a wrapped plate. It was packed with delicious food. Food they hadn't had in a while. It had three chicken wings on it, a mountain of greens, some baked bean, and a scoop of mashed Potatoes that was drowned in gravy. She gave him as much food as she could. He was a grown man, he needed it. "Oi, idiot. Wake the hell up. I brought you dinner." She told him as she sat it down on the nightstand. Flopping down in bed, she smiled as she looked at the ceiling. "...Tonight was fun...You should have came..It was like...For a moment, the world was normal." She mumbled, before glancing at his sleeping figure.

Her eyes lingered on his gorgeous face. Wow was he amazing. A jaw line that could cut, lips so full and plush, and long dark lashes. Behind those eye lids were the most captivating blue eyes she had ever seen. He was uncountably gorgeous. She would never tell the cocky bastard that. He would just rub it in her face and never let her live it down. Smiling a bit, she decided to let the man sleep as she too went to sleep, listing to his even breaths.

By morning, Octavius had to admit that he saw the benefits of staying in Oldtown. He was refreshed after a well-needed sleep that wasn't interrupted by the need to get moving before dawn broke, and so was now sat up in bed, having polishing off the food he had been brought (because he was still hungry, even despite eating a full human the night before, bones and all). With a delighted smirk on his face, he gently nudged at the girl beside him in bed, before slipping down to lay opposite her, his shining blue eyes locked on her sleeping face ready to meet her when her eyes opened.

"Hey, cookie, wanna wake up?" He cooed beneath his breath, leaning in a tad closer - at least, as close as he dared to, anyway. "I'm starving. I could do with a proper breakfast. Does that guy provide pancakes? I'd love a good ol' stack of 'em right now..."​

Her dark blue eyes slowly blinked. Everything was fuzzy looking, so she moved her hands to wipe the sleep from her eyes. Once her vision was focused, her cheeks lightened with a tinge of pink as she jerked back. "Oi, oi, oi! Back the hell up!" She squeaked as she slowly sat up. Yawning a bit she looked around the room. "Mmhmm...The old guy...What was his name? Jacob? He said some men should have dropped food off in the morning. What time is it?" She asked with a yawn. Over sleeping made her even more drowsy.

Gem had opened their door, without knocking. Her short brown hair sticking up in many places as she walked in and sat on the bed. In her hands a letter that had words written in chicken scrap. "Hey, this came in this morning...Along with so much food. It could last us two weeks." She excited stated, however her voice still sleepy.

Grabbing the letter, Devin's eyes ran over it.

'Dearest ones,
I hoped you three enjoyed dinner last night. Octavius I hope you feel better today. Today you guys simply rest. Tomorrow work will begin for you three. Gem, and Devin. You are to report to the farming grounds tomorrow morning at six. There you will begin work. As of Blyke and Octavius? Report to the mansion at six am. I personal will take you to training grounds to introduce you to the rest of the army. Enjoy your day off. It will be your last for a while.'

Devin grimaced at the letter before tossing it on the nightstand. "I still can't believe I got a crappy job like farming."

"Hey, be grateful we have a easy job. We're getting all this food, hot meals, showers and a bed just to garden? Easy! This is heaven compared to the shit life we've had." Gem grumbled.

"He's a bit of a weirdo, ain't he? Dearest ones? Psh. Maybe I'm just jealous. I mean, this place is amazing. I've been living on the fucking streets, and this place existed that whole time? I feel like an idiot-- but we're here for a little while, at last. Unless you somehow fake pregnancy, sweetheart, we'll have to leave eventually," he reminded Devin as casually as ever, scanning the note over and, after mentally reminding himself of the time and place to meet Jacob the following day, simply flopped back into bed with his t-shirt now on. He wouldn't have cared to get dressed, but Gem's intervention changed all that.

"Can we just lay in bed all day? Sleeping next to you was pretty amazing~" He purred towards Devin, blue eyes lit up mischievously. "I know you must have enjoyed it, love. You didn't really move from my side all night, did 'ya?"​

"Only because the bed is comfortable moron." She instantly snapped, her cheeks lighting up again as she crossed her arms.

Gem grimaced at how close the two were. Rolling her eyes she made a gagging sound as she stood from the bed. "Alright, well...I'm going to make breakfast. Who wants to help out? They have pancake batter, and I haven't had one of those in like years." She said with a slight grin.

Devin stood from the bed and stretched as she cracked a few joints. "Yeah, I'll help you make it. I'm starving. Come on, idiot." She gestured to Octavius.

"Oh Gem, don't gag, sweetheart. Are you jealous~?" He purred suddenly, moving to grab the girl from behind, his muscled arms wrapped around her waist as he playfully lifted her from her feet and put her down to the side, so he was able to stroll out the door before her. The flirtatious display was probably why Gem still persisted in trying to flirt with him - Octavius was unconsciously flirtatious with her, leading her on in many ways without realising it. He didn't mean to be like that. He genuinely thought of Gem as a friend, and, never having had them before, he wasn't sure how to distinguish her from Devin, who was the girl who had most of his affections.

"I ain't an idiot, cookie. I mean, who saved your ass from that ravenous alien that one time?" He pointed out, tugging Devin close to his side after making a grab for her hand, deviously grinning down at her. "I'm your hero. You should worship me."​

"You aren't a hero, you simply save me because you know I'm valuable to the team." She bitterly hissed, snatching her hand away from him. That little flirting he just did with Gem really pissed her off. He was so confusing sometimes. One moment he's a gentleman, the next he's an asshole.

Once they reached the kitchen, Blyke was already there, and had started cooking them all some breakfast. He was quite the cook.

"...Smells great, buddy," smiled Octavius as he took a seat, though was admittedly a little less enthusiastic after Devin's reaction. He had no idea what he had done to piss her off, unaware of his subconsciously flirtatious actions with Gem, so he did sit down with a troubled and confused look across his handsome features. Nevertheless, it faded as he smiled happily to Blyke. He did see the man as a friend of his at this point, having shared a beer with him by the fireplace at nights on the street to keep lookout. He adored Devin and liked Gem, but sometimes he just needed to chat to a guy... and Blyke definitely fitted that bill.

"Make me extra. I'm the biggest out of us all, I need more energy," he murmured with a persuasive pout towards his friend-- one he was starting to feel was his best friend the more time passed on. "C'mon mate, you know I have a huge appetite..."​

"How you aren't a far oaf is beyond me." Chuckled the man as he nodded in agreement. Making the food, he glanced at the three with a grin. "...We all slept in this morning...Wasn't it nice? To not dear for your life for once?"

"..Yeah I've got to admit. It's pretty damn nice here." Devin mumbled as she sat at the table, glancing at Blyke. "...But we can't afford to get too comfortable here. Remember, humans here are famous for being crazy."

"Well maybe crazy is good Devin. I mean...They've strived this long. They have electricity, hot meals, and they even had one of those damn aliens held hostage, how amazing is that? No one's done that before. This place is perfect. We should stay as long as we possibly can." Gem suddenly mumbled.

Blyke began to fix everyone's plate, handing them out. Once everyone had food he joined them at the table, and began to eat. "I think something is up with Jacob though. He's an odd one you know?".

"How could you say that? He gave us a home, fed us, and gave us hot water to bathe in." Gem hissed.

"I'm just saying...He...Octavius he was very interested in you last night. Kept asking questions and stuff." Blyke grumbled

Octavius was far too busy wolfing down his meal without paying too much attention, hence why he remained quiet all through their gushes on how nice the place is. He even stayed silent when they discussed Jacob. He personally felt like Blyke did. He didn't know what it was about the man, but something just felt off. And apparently, his assumption was proved correct the second Blyke made that comment, it being the one thing that could possibly get the alien to sit up and pay attention. Of course, he held back his nervousness and simply looked curious, as any normal person would. Beneath the cool exterior, however, was a small bead of wariness that began to grow larger.

"What was he asking about me?" He inquired calmly, brow raised before offering a cocky grin. After all, he didn't want to come across as suspiciously nervous, even if he genuinely was. "He must have heard about how darn handsome and strong and utterly perfect I am. Does he want to offer me an important place in this army of his? I'll gladly take on a strong role if he wants. I can punch an alien unconscious, I've done that plenty of times~!"​

"Well he was asking how long you've been traveling with us and stuff...And he just kept bringing you up through the meal. Like if your oddly strong or something like that. It was weird questions." Blyke answered.

"Yeah, he was just asking all types of weird shit. I wouldn't worry though. He probably does wants you for something special I'm his army." Answered Devin as she ate quickly as well. They all ate a bit quicker than normal. For one this food actually had flavor and tasted amazing. After years of leaving off of cold beans it was nice for a change.

Laughing quietly as he simply agreed with Devin, just to get off the topic, he was starting to genuinely panic. It wasn't like him to ever get scared, especially not from humans... but this town wasn't full of humans he could easily torment. He was outnumbered, and humans here were crazy and territorial, paranoid about the world. If Jacob had an inkling that Octavius wasn't human, then the alien would be targeted almost instantly. And like hell was he ready to die.

"You said they have an alien hoarded up here? Where to?" He asked suddenly, his interest clear-- though that was nothing new. he often spoke of how he just wanted to find an alien to beat up, just to get his anger out. He was angry with them, like humans were. He was disowned by them and tossed aside like he was nothing, so of course he wanted a chance to get revenge of his own. However, in this instance, he just wanted to talk to someone who was like him... and find a way of escaping. He would happily return to imprisonment on his ship than risk another day in Oldtown.

"Dunno, Jacob said they killed him after they got all the information they wanted out of him." Gem answered as she finished her food.

"Anyway, what should we do today? Jacob said this was our last day off for a while. So how should we spend it?" Asked Blyke.

"Gorging on food and sleeping. What else is there to do?" Answered Devin with a yawn as she stretched. "You guys probably need the most sleep, since you two are going to be in the army."

"I'm... going for a walk around the town, I think. Need the fresh air to work off all the food I've just eaten," laughed Octavius, though of course he planned to do far more than take a leisurely walk around. He fully planned on getting himself out the town and as far away as he could. Sure, he didn't ever feel like this was the right time to leave Devin's side. He wanted to be beside her until she realised he wasn't human, but apparently that wasn't currently an option. In a week, he could be dead, killed by Jacob's own hand. He didn't want to wait for that eventuality, so if he had to abandon Devin here to save his own life, so be it.​

Devin glanced at him, and nodded. "Alright. Don't forget weapons. People around here are crazy."

"What, you worried about your boyfriend?" Gem angrily hissed.

"Shuddup, Gem." She growled back with red cheeks.

"Hey, don't yell at Gem. We both know that you're unbelievably jealous when I give anyone else attention, but don't fret that pretty little head of yours, Devin. You'll always be my number one girl, alright~? Even if you detest me flirting with you and apparently hate me, I'll always regard you as my best buddy," he cooed to her in return, visibly delighted by her defensive reaction. The only downside was that he wasn't going to be able to goad her over it and tease her more than he wanted to - he was going to somehow leave, if he could find a way out, and he doubted that he would ever see Devin again. If he did, she probably didn't want to see him after he abandoned her in this way. "I'll... be back later. We can cuddle in bed again like last night~"​

Blushing deeply, she looked away, the faintest smile on her lips. "Hmm." Was her only verbal answer but she was obviously happy to hear it.

Gem rolled her eyes, before standing from the table. "I'm taking a shower. You lovebirds make me sick." She grumbled before leaving.

"...Devin. Hey, look, I... I really care about you, you know that, don't you? I know I'm confusing and cocky as hell, but I have feelings. And I like you, kinda a lot," he suddenly admitted. He wouldn't do that in front of Gem, knowing how she felt about him. He wouldn't put her through witnessing his earnest confessions given her feelings, but he was happy to let Blyke continue to cook as he had this raw, emotional moment of rare sincerity. Blyke was harmless and his closest friend, so Octavius would happily show his more honest side with the human stood there.

"And hey, I do want to show you how good a guy I am, one day," he continued, letting her hand go and offering a more signature smirk, to make up for the embarrassment he felt from having to be so... boringly sincere. It was a touching moment, but in his world, being nice and boring was a total waste of breath. However, he needed to get his feelings across, and he wanted to do so in a way she knew he was being serious. "I'll see y'all later then, huh?"​

Her face was a light shade of pink as she looked at rhe mam surprised. She couldn't help but smile at him. "...See you later...When you come back, I um..I have something to tell you. In private." She stated. She obviously wanted to tell him she felt the same. But she was very shy, and couldn't say it with an audience.