The Human and Divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah, yeah." Aria settled down, realizing that he was with someone who didn't know yet. "I didn't get along well with my folks. Or any of the neighbors, really. I guess you could say I ran away from home. Zora's mom helped me get a place to stay and join the school here." Aria's eyes were distant for a moment, memories of a previous life swimming through his mind's eye. Yui reached over and squeezed his hand--even with the other two watching. The contact broke Aria's reverie, and he gave Yui a soft smile of gratitude. "How about you?" he asked, turning back to Soul. "Why'd you come here?"

"Well I'm a traveller, I've never really had a 'home' So I guess what brought me here was happenstance." Soul's gaze also becomes distant before he snaps himself back to reality. He falls back, laying down now and stares at the clouds and sky. "That's the way it's always been. I go wherever I go. The reason may change, but one thing never does. I've never had a home. Ah but listen to me ramble on, How about you Zora, where do you live?"

Zora was quiet, she knew a lot about Aria and the way he used to be but that was in the past now. Though, she felt bad again for Soul until he asked her about where she lived. "Well, actually I live at the Shrine here, the Goddess of Love's shrine. I know, it's weird but that's were I've lived ever since I ran from the orphanage." Zora told him with a smile on her face, going to the shrine was her best choice she had ever made. She loved the mother she got once she came there.

"Orphanage.." The word seemed to cause Soul pain, his gaze distant for a second or two more. "Ah, so what's everyone eating?"

"One certified Yuiben!" Aria declared proudly. Soul didn't seem to get it, though. "It's a Yui-made bento, so Yuiben. If she started selling these, she would make a fortune," Aria stated, nodding at his own words.

Yui blushed deeply, embarrassed by Aria's praise. "I'm really not that good..."

"Nope, your even better. But I'm not sharing with anyone!"
Aria couldn't stop himself. He pounced, wrapping both his arms around Yui and holding her tight, as if daring the world to try and take her from him. With everyone watching, she reddened clear to her ears.

"A-A-A-A-Aria-chan~"

He pulled back, but not before giving her a peck on her burning cheek. He turned back to Soul, a new thought crossing his mind. "How do you handle finances, then? Do you run a magic show?" That would be a sight to see.

"I did before.... Ergh, would you like to see some magic?" Soul sits up abruptly, a slight breeze pushes the hair from I front of his eyes, deep as the ocean, they seemed to glow. Anything to take his mind off the food and Her, Zora. His mark. Like a bad dream he couldn't get out of his head the truth was never far from his thoughts.

Zora was a little surprised, if he could do magic was there something different about him. Could he be a demon, or something like that? She wasn't sure whether to ask her not, she didn't want to give anything away. "I'm just eating a lunch I made." Zora said, pulling out the much smaller box than Yui's. "If you would like to show us, I would be happy to watch." She then added. She took a look over at Aria, trying to talking to her through her eyes asking if there was something about this guy.

"As you wish, but first does anyone have a spare clothe of somekind?" Soul said as a sly grin appeared across his face, this was his true art. He enjoyed this ever so much. He held out his hand waiting patiently for a response. His eyes glowing a bit brighter as he prepared to dip into his 'pool' of Arkane energy, his connection to the Void.

Kenji had followed them upstairs and was listening to their conversation. Just by listening to these people talk he discovered quite a bit. Perhaps the most prominent piece of information was Aria's kiss to Yui.

He must care deeply for her. This could come in handy, should any problem arise... He continued to listen, silently eating, glad none of them had asked him about his housing situation and where he came from. When soul asked for a piece of clothe, Kenji was the one to respond. He pulled out a slightly tattered scarf from his bag and handed it to Soul.

"Don't loose that. I've had it for a while now. Rather not have it taken away from me." He spoke in a joking voice

"Ah, but of course. All possessions returned to the rightful owner in the same, or better, shape they were accepted in. Now, Are you ready? Good. Or too bad, depending on your answer." Soul jumped up onto his feet , balling the scarf up, and cupping it in both hands. A dim glow escaped the scape between his fingers and hands. He offered his left hand out to the center of the group, open palmed. In it sat a dove of the most beautiful white. It sat for only a moment before fluttering onto Zora's left shoulder, where it sat for a minute or two, then flew back to Soul's hands. He cupped his hands around it gently before it changed back to its scarf form, only less tattered. In fact, it looked brand new. "Anything else you would like to see?"

"Yui in a Western Style wedding dress, the Eiffel Tower, and an all-you-can-eat cake shop, in that order." Yui's eyes were wider than dinner plates, and something short-circuited in her brain. She tipped backward and lay still, steam rising from her head. "That was a neat trick, though. You must have had a good teacher. Can you make a person hover?"

"None of that. And yes I could.....For a price." Another sly grin spread itself across Souls lips. His hands falling to his sides, he turned his attention toward Zora. "Anything you would like to see?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Zora was surprised that the bird popped up and flew to her before he went back to him and disappeared. She has seen many things in her life, but that was beautiful. She smiled at it, though Aria's jokes seemed to freak Yui out. "Are you okay Yui?" She said, taking a look at the girl. It looked like she would be alright. She turned her attention back to the others. "I don't have any money, sorry." Zora stated. She took a bit out of her food. "But, don't you have any food Soul."

"Actually no. And I cannot eat food that I myself conjure. And Zora, why would I ask payment from a lady?" Soul tilted his head quizzically on the last question, as if it truly were an odd thing for a lady to pay him for a bit of magic. Especially since it was her. And because it was such a simple task, levitation that is.

Zora giggled a bit, "You said price, I figured you wanted some money." She told him. "But, if you have no food to eat and considering it's lunch, here." She said and handed Soul the rest of her lunch. She had eaten half of it and didn't really want the rest of it anyway. "We can't have anyone here starving. Aria and Yui have their food, and Kenji has some too, so you can have some of mine." She was smiling, glad to give him it, after all she grew up around the Goddess of Love who always wanted to help everyone and keep everyone happy. Aiko rubbed off of Zora a great bit.

He didn't know what to do. So he accepted the sandwich with a genuine smile. He bit into it as a burst of flavor exploded in his mouth. After finishing the sandwich he spoke. "Thank you. Now in return, I have a gift for you." He reached into one of his many pockets and pulled out a feather. A single silvery-white feather. He cupped it in his hands before extending his left as before. The same white dove sat there for a second then flew onto Zora's left shoulder. "She is yours to keep. Take good care of her and she'll be loyal to the end."

After a quick private chat, the two twins headed up to the roof. However it was only seen as Naeve tugging on the now stoic girl's arm. When they had reached the roof the pair quietly took seat, Nithya leaned back against her twins arm as red eyes looked lazily at the clouds.

Naeve watched carefully how they all interacted before passing another bag of chips to Nithya who was idly distracted by the treats. Life said nothing as they wanted not to disrupt them, specially when she enjoyed observation soo much more.

Nithya simply hummed softly occasionally waving a chip in her line of vision before returning to eating them like she should. She did turn to watch Soul produce a dove before she turned back to those annoyingly lazy clouds.

Zora was surprised that he would give her such a gift for just some food. "I couldn't take your dove." She said, though found the bird quite beautiful. "It was just some food, this is too much." She said. She noticed the twins finally come up, she was going to want to talk to them later about things too. Actually, she was going to want to talk to Aria too. She wanted to ask her about Soul, considering he could do magic but didn't want to say anything in front of Kenji and if it wasn't really that much then she didn't want to trouble Soul, he seemed nice after all.

"No, no. I insist. Plus she seems to like you." Soul sat down, the twins now to his left. He fell silent to see if anyone had any thing to say or do. What was he expecting he didn't know. But he knew he was expecting something. And what was with these twins, and why did he feel completely opposing aspects of the Void in each, yet they appeared to be close.

"Thank you." Zora replied. She took another look at the dove. "I can't really have you in class though..." She said. "I wonder, if you could go to the shrine and wait there for me." She told it and as if it could understand her the dove began to fly into the direction that the shrine was. She giggled as she watched it go to Aiko. Zora turned back to everyone else. She took a look at what Death and Life were doing, they seemed to just be watching everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.