The Human and Divine

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So, Zora, what do you like? Like, what's your favorite thing and why?" He asked suddenly, breaking the silence.

Zora turned her attention back on Soul and his question. "What do I like?" She paused thinking about the question and what her answer would be. "Well, I like taking care of the shrine, because I live there and I would like to keep it beautiful. I like to help anyone who comes to the shrine in need, it always is so nice to know that you can do something for someone. Oh, and I usually don't know a whole lot of people but the people I do know I really enjoying hanging out with them, like Yui and Aria I've known for some time now, but I just meant Kenji and the twins yesterday. I'm glad I can meet so many new people in just these few days."

The twins paused to look at Zora, heads tilted in confusion. To be honest they could t understand that reasoning, it even caused discomfort in both girls minds temporarily before fading. They looked to each other briefly before Naeve sighed.

Glancing to Zora, a small frown upon her lips. "I need to go and restore our shrine, could you watch Nithya? The wildlife have a strong dislike for her so if she is there it will be harder to finish" she murmured.

The eldest twin stood up, causing red eyes to stare before shrugging. She didn't mind, as long as she could continue to eat she could care less.

Kenji nodded and sat beside the twin. This had been the time he had waited for. Perhaps he could suede her from her sister's side... She was much more fun that way. "Sure, I'll look after her. We might have a bit of fun together." He waved off the other. Such a bore. Life, and justice? Now where was there fun there?! It was so restrictive. He turned to the red eyed twin.

"So, do you two live at a shrine as well? Never imagined that I would befriend so many future shrine maidens." Kenji laughed, and in that time he slipped a note to Nithya, discretely so the other would not notice.

I know who you are, God of Death and Chaos. If you will walk with me after school, alone, I will gladly explain some of it to you.

Aria laughed--first because living in a shrine was funny from a certain perspective, and second because he pictured Naeve and Nithya dressed as shrine maidens and welcoming visitors. "It's actually not so bad in a shrine. I spent a few nights under Aiko-sama's roof. But I'm definitely happier in my small apartment, even if it does come with bills and no donation box. Still," and here Aria turned to Zora, "I keep telling you to get a hobby! Sweeping doesn't count; you should try a sport, or art, or karaoke. We could have a double-date this weekend!"

Yui, now recovered and kneeling upright, was nodding along with Aria. Zora was a very kind person--one of the nicest--so Yui thought it would be great if they could do something to make her happy. The sudden jump to a double-date made her head pause, but after a look to Aria, Yui added one, last, blushing nod. "That would be a lot of fun, Zora-chan."

Zora giggled a bit thinking about what Kenji had said about meeting shrine maidens. She then turned her attention to Aria and Yui, and listened. "A hobby? But, those are the things I like to do Aria. I can't help it, it's what I am used to. And...as much as I love hanging out with you guys I don't think a double date would be good. You two have each other but I don't have anyone to go with, it just wouldn't work out." She said, shaking her hands a bit in the air in a small protest.

"That's the whole point! You need to find someone! How can you, caretaker of the shrine of Love, not want to go on a date? That isn't right; wouldn't you agree, Soul-kun? Here, look. We've got two strapping specimens of masculinity that you could get to know better: Soul-kun and Kenji-kun. Kenji would be honored to take you to karaoke, am I right, Kenji-kun? And Soul-kun here would be forever grateful just to have the chance to treat someone as cute as you to dinner. AND let's not fail to mention the dozen boys downstairs that would hunt a snipe in the snow in exchange for a kiss from you."

Oops. Maybe Aria shouldn't have mentioned that one. Truthfully, it was a great prank; but he hadn't asked permission from Zora before offering her lips to her fanclub. Though that was back in January, and of course nobody had success; nevertheless, the fact remained that he may not want to mention that particular practical joke to Zora. All he could do now was keep a straight face and pray she let it pass without comment.

Life paused, staring at Kenji before she nodded."Fine but if anything happens its on your head." After all, Nithya only needed a push to make her release chaos.With a shrug she nodded, bowing quickly before she headed to the door. Once hidden the woman was gone, white mist shifting with her.

On the other hand, Nithya tilted her head Kenji before eating another chip from the bag. Now that Naeve was gone she knew she had to talk, even a bit. Her attention to the note. After a few seconds she nodded before placing it in her pocket.

After that she seemed to try and seem like she was in the conversation. "Zora, it seems like something fun. You should do it." she paused, tilting her head. " Plus in your position, experiencing all kinds of love would be beneficial " She added before pulling out a new box, this time it being pocky. Looking at her food she idly pulled a few out before offering them to the others.

Zora blushed deeply as she listened to Aria and Nithya. "Aria! Nithya!" She shouted out embarrassed. "I know..I know..I take care of Love's shrine but I never really thought...uhh..." She was just so embarrassed now and he even added their new friends in there, and since when were there guys who wanted to get a kiss from her. She didn't know that. "Our new friends don't want to be bothered by me like that. Ant there aren't any guys back in the school like that." All kinds of love....that just seemed so strange to think about. Yeah, Zora knew about love and helped Aiko with it all the time, but she never thought about it for herself.

"Actually I do know of a place" Soul slightly stuttered for a moment, Aria's words weren't wrong per say. But, Soul thought, "Even if I were to go on a date with her, it wouldn't work out. She-she wouldn't like me, especially if she found out about who I used to be. And on top of all that, I came here...." He didn't want to think about it. Instead he started to think of what the date would be like. He shifted his position and out stretched his legs. He sneezed again. "'Scuse me." He also outreached and accepted the Pocky and ate a bit of it.

Nithya just shrugged at Zora's reaction, her eyes turning to Soul as he took one of the pocky. His soul was intriguing, shifting as he spoke. However, as Death she would not interrupt but she had a feeling to what the reason Soul was here for. Nithya could not interrupt until one was dying or dead though, Naeve was the only one able to deal with things happening in ones life. She could mess with it a bit, although limitations occurred. In this case, she would remain silent until Naeve returned. Throughout all of this, Nithya mindlessly ate away at the pocky supply so when she ran out she stared at the empty box her eyes widened.

Empty.

She looked disturbed, the way she checked the box to see if any more would somehow magically appear. In their own realm, the twins had an unlimited supply of food that seemed to never run out so when she was out of the snack she pouted. "I want Naeve to return..." She paused, tilting her head. "She has my food." One would believe it was an act of missing her but to be truthful, Nithya was just keeping herself calm by eating away at the candy sticks. Mildly she noticed the annoyance in her at the lack of pocky but she simply turned to watch the others. "I think Soul and Zora should try and go on...this date. It sounds interesting." There was a small hum from her lips before she glanced to them both. "...Then again, I am slightly unsure about what a date is so maybe my opinion isn't the best. However from what I got when I was....working, I think you both should."

Zora was completely red in the face from the talk her friends were now having. She continued to wave her hands up in protest. "Oh no, he wouldn't want to go on a date with me, don't make him do something he doesn't want to do." Zora said, still very much embarrassed. "Besides Nithya you're dea....I mean...you just wouldn't understand much of that stuff yet since you uh haven't been around much." She was trying to hide everything since she didn't know about the others. She took a look back at Soul, first trying to keep herself from looking at him, but once she did she got even more embarrassed and looked at Nithya's empty box.

Nithya paused at Zora's words, her head tilted as red eyes stared at her. It was true, although it struck a small cord within her that she chose not to really notice. "...You are correct. I have not been around long enough. I apologize for my earlier suggestion." She stated clearly, placing the box down as she set her hands upon her lap. "I am just acting upon what I have learned from your Mother." She murmured softly. Despite everything, Nithya tried to take in anything Aiko said as she found the woman and her element truly interesting. Zora was correct though, she had been gone. "I will be rectifying that absence though." She added, resolve in her eyes.

"Actually I wouldn't mind, if you want to, that is. Heh." Soul said this awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck, he then hiccuped and covered his mouth with his right hand. He flicked his left wrist and a small flower appeared in his hand, he passed it to his right hand. He spun it slowly in his hand. "Wanna see something beautiful?" Soul had an ulterior motive for the spell he had planned however. The state of the flower and even the specific flower was so supposed to mean things about the person it was near. Of course only he would see the differences. Everyone else would just see his or her favorite flower.

Last edited by a moderator:
"My mother?" Zora said, looking at the one twin, it seemed that must have been why they were there. Aiko must have told them things that made them want to come to school and see. Zora giggled a bit. "I see, so she's trying to get you and your sister to understand love isn't she." Zora said then turned her attention back to Soul when she suddenly heard him say that he wouldn't mind going on a date with her. "O-oh...really?" She then said, feeling so ackward now and not sure what to say especially with her other friends there watching. "I guess..we could hang out some time. Oh and okay, I'll like to see something beautiful." She took a look at the flower.

Soul smiled brightly as he tossed the flower high in the air. It 'exploded' into a rain of flowers. They slowly changed as they fell, In the other's eyes they simply changed to their favorite flower. But Soul saw the reality, the closer the flowers got to the individuals they changed very differently. The ones encircling Yui were white tulips, the kind one would recognize for their calm beauty. The ones encircling Aria, however, were fullof sporadic and vibrantly bright colors. Until they reach a sort of inner circle, there the colors were darker. The ones that fell near Kenji where of a deep purple, they were thorned roses. As if he were dangerous and deceitful. The ones that fell near Nithya were actually almost similar to some that fell near Soul himself. They were black and rotten, and seemingly chaotically spread out. The others near Soul were Red roses and Purple morning glories. But all were trumped by what he saw near Zora. They were all different types of flower, and colored in hues of pink that reminded Soul of the most beautiful sunset he had seen. He smiled and sighed, he then shook his head to keep from staring. "What do you think?"

Nithya nodded softly in response to Zora, her head tilted. "Yes, we went originally to chat with Aiko-sama. However, it resulted within Naeve calling the emotion something and so Aiko-sama explained it to us." She paused, closing her eyes for a moment. "She also explained how I and Naeve feel sibling love for one another." She murmured before looking back to Zora. "The result was that we try to understand what we have missed. So attending school was the best option." She yawned softly, reaching up to rub her eyes before she calmed slightly. "I have to say that this education is boring...why do you need to know anything this place teaches?" Nithya murmured, pouting slightly before looking to Soul. "Something beautiful?" She questioned before watching as the flowers fell. Nithya loved flowers although her presence killed them but she wanted to try...one last time. Softly her fingers plucked the small plant before raising it from the ground. It remained normal for a few seconds before it colour faded and its petals began to whither and curl into itself. Dead. Her eyes darkened slightly as she stared at the plant angrily before she put it on the ground.

Soul watched Nithya pick up the flower that was already dead, knowing she thought it was living and that she had thought her presence killed it. Then he remembered another flower spell he learned. Maybe he would ask if she wanted to see it, but he didn't know when. For now he waited for the other's responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zora watched the flowers, wide eyed with how beautiful it was. "That's amazing Soul." She said as they fell to the ground. Zora took a look at Nithya again, so it seemed they were trying to learn things. She watched as the girl tried to pick up the flower. It must be hard to be death. Zora picked up one of the flowers from the ground and brought it over to Nithya hand's and placed it in her hand, though she held on to it with her. It seemed to stay a bit longer alive, but it did die after a for more seconds. She didn't realize that Soul was staring at her when the flowers were falling.

"Um, Nithya, try this." Soul picked up a flower and whispered something, seemingly to the flower, and handed it to Nithya. "Here, this should...well see for yourself." Soul's spell was intended to keep the flower alive, as long as it was taken care of properly. But of course that was only if Nithya decided to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.