The Human and Divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Aiko-sama," Aria greeted with a small bow. "We were actually going to visit Zora this morning. And I was going to try for a whisker again," Aria admitted. He really wanted to add one of Gin's whiskers to his collection, but the cat had managed to escape all of Aria's attempts thus far. Today's strategy wasn't an original, but he did think up a twist to catch the feline off-guard.

Yui greeted the kami with a respectful bow as well. "Th-thank you for your praise," the girl stated politely. She was new to this world of kami and yokai, so she was still nervous when Aiko addressed her. How does one treat a kami? Aria never seemed big on reverence--though he did show Aiko a good deal of respect--but Yui felt that she, as a human, should honor the divine beings. Especially Aiko-sama, who had brought Aria and herself together; Yui could never thank the kami enough for that.

"Such a pitiful little thing really... I would almost feel bad for her, were it not for he mother..." Up in the hills, a pair of Golden eyes gleamed. Behind those eyes looked to be a small fire. "With such few demons there are here now, I can not afford to fail. It will not be long before they are all driven out, or converted. It sickens me!" The figure turned around. "In any case, I should begin..." The strange fires disappeared.

--------------------------------------

"Thanks for the day off... I was beat..."

"Sure thing, just don't work yourself too hard. Hate to loose a worker as good as you."

"Yeah... See you tomorrow." Erika was just let off work today. All week she had been working, and her manager was getting worried. She began the slow walk home. As she passed by the shrine, she heard a cry from behind.

"Watch out! I can't stop!!!" A boy with dark purple hair came hurtling down the hill on a bike. Right before he hit her, he swerved into the curb and flipped off his bike. "Ahh... That hurt..."

"Watch where you're going! You near killed me!"

"Y-Yeah... Um... I-If its possible for me to make it up to you, I'd be happy to help."

"Hmph. Its fine. Just be more careful next time."

It was quite the commotion outside.

Aiko chuckled at the two. "Well, you can try again. I don't know if you'll get one." She also thought Yui was so cute. She was so shy around Aiko, it just made her want to hug the small looking girl and cuddle her. "You are welcome Yui."

Zora could hear something out in the front of the shire. "I wonder what that was." She said to the others. She did have to keep an eye on the shire anyway. She headed to the front of the shire, seeing two people talking in front of it. "Is everthing okay?" Zora asked politely, coming to them.

"Oh, hey. Zora, right? I'm fine. Its this blockhead that is probably hurt... Ah shoot, look at the time! I should probably head home. Well see you at school!" Erika ran off. She had known of Zora, but really nothing about her. She did know she was of great importance though.

Hm. So this is the Goddess of Love's Heiress? I would be giddy with excitement, were I not so cold. His thoughts were never once portrayed by face. Instead the exact opposite was shown. "Heh... Well she sure is an odd one... Anyway, I think I'm fine. My name is Kenji, by the way. Kenji Hanamure. I just moved in with my Aunt last week, so I don't really know my way around. I figured it would be a good idea to go for a ride, to get a feel for the place. You can see how that turned out." He rubbed his head slightly embarrassed at the fool of himself he made. "Any way I should head back. I will be seeing you at school yes?" Kenji hopped on his bike and pushed off. He went a few meters then fell. He looked back at Zora. "Heh... The chain came loose. I could fix it if I had the tools..."

Zora waved to Erika as she left. "See you at school, then." She said. She turned her attention to the other boy there. "I'm Zora." She began to say to the boy. "It's nice to meet you. I'm glad your okay." She watched him fall on the bike as he was leaving. "Or not." She added. "There might be something at the shrine that you can use. Why don't you came with me?" She motioned in the direction of the entrance to the shire.

"Thanks I appreciate it, but you sure the " Kenji walked his bike beside her as he walked into the shrine. That worked better than expected. You'd think she'd be a little more cautious considering her position. However, I will not complain. Hopefully the Goddess will step down fully soon. Then I shall strike. "Do you live here? I've never really been this far into the country. Its all a bit new for me. Don't get me wrong though, This place seems nice. It's peaceful here..." He looked around. The trees rustled in the wind, cherry blossoms floated gently to the ground, and the birds chirped merrily. It was indeed a beautiful sight... That needs to burn!

"Yes, I've always liked here. It's wonderful here. It is very peaceful and calm." She said to Kenji. She headed up the steps to the shrine where she still saw the others. She took a turn away from them though, heading to another small building that would be the best place to look for any tools to fix the bike. "I'm not very good at fixing bikes so I don't know what you need, but you can take a look in here and see if anything will help." She stopped herself in front of the building and opened up the large doors. It was more like a shed in the inside though outside it was much more fancy. There were shelved of tools, and boxed that had a home either on the floor or one of the places on the selves.

The twins watched everything with...a odd gaze. There were few times they enjoyed remaining in the background and now was one of them as it allowed them to discuss a few private matters. Naeve set a steel gaze towards her twin as she raised a brow as the female who held the scent of death was simply..curious. The twins were far to used to watching the realm from wherever they resided and so life and death did no longer interfere in any affairs, other than their duties. So, to be watching things happen first hand...they were feeling odd. Nithya brushed a onyx lock from her vision as she pulled her usual stoic expression back, their talks resuming.

The light based goddess turned her gaze to the one who consumed what many believed to be darkness. "Odd..." She whispered, the words barely audible as they left her parted lips. "I dont understand others..." Nithya could only shrug, slowly releasing the form she held as she seemed to return to her usual form. The fur collar slid around her shoulders as the red oriental style dress seem to fall to the fall, stopping just before the heels of her shoes. Large amounts of her fur was wrapped around her wrists as well along with the waist. Coupled with the dark red eyes peering and the raven black locks, it seemed believable that she was who she was. "We only do our jobs, we do nothing else so we have never tried to understand anyone but each other." She pointed out as gloved fingers pulled her hair behind her. "It's not as if we have seen a reason too."

Naeve could only nod in reply before shrugging as she two changed, hair slipping to her waist as the silver helmet slowly appeared upon her head, binding her raven black locks in a way that shielded one of her eyes. The silver armor replaced the school uniform as she felt the gauntlets upon her wrist finally take form, the silver reflecting the rays of the sun which gave her a more ethereal appearance. Lighter. Grey like eyes watched the sky idly, knowing that now mortals would not longer be able to see them unless they had some strange ability to which was rare. "True~" She chimed, arms folding over her torso as she smirked slightly, although it came out as a almost soft smile. "Let's remain present for a while." Nithya only nodded in agreement as she looked around at the shrine. "I guess we should check out the shrine we have...-" "Later sister...I think we should just wait for now...I'm still interested in Love's child. I never expected it to happen but it has..."

Both just glanced at each other before nodding. Moments later, red eyes went wide as hands began to press against her temples, a soft groan passing her lips. Naeve looked at her cautiously before raising a brow. "More troublesome souls?" Receiving a nod she watched as her sister raised a black glove clad hand as her shadow seemed to morph, twisting in a vulgar manner till a cloaked type figure was seen behind her. "I'll send some of the birds..." She murmured, watching as the silky strands escaped, wings bursting free before ravens escaped to the sky. Reaching out, Nithya held one feather within her hands, rolling it between her fingers with a sigh. From that point on they remained quiet, unsure of what is going on anymore.

Last edited:
"Mm, Thanks." Kenji walked into the shed. It was a little dark, as it seemed the only source of light was a window up high that was being blocked by a tree. He stumbled around a bit before finding a tool box. Hammers, screw drivers, wrenches. You know all of the usual stuff. In truth he had no real need for this, as he really had no where he needed to be. He was currently living in a house yes, but it was empty. He had taken control of it and cleaned it up, so no one would suspect a thing if they entered. He would simply claim that his Aunt always had to work late.

After collecting what he needed, he stepped outside and began work on his bike. Soon after he finished.
"It's gotten pretty late... I should go." He started walking his bike, then turned back. "Hey Zora, uh..." He looked slightly embarrassed. "Mind if I hang out with you at school? I don't really know many people and your the first I've even really had a chance to talk to so, if its okay..."

Zora smiled at Kenji. "Of course we can hang out at school, you don't need to ask." She said to him, cheerfully. "I'm always glad to make new friends, be careful when you're riding back. Don't go hitting more people or falling off that bike of yours again." She waved him off as he was leaving and turned to her other visitors. The twins seemed to change into their usual form now, though with the way Zora was she was still able to see them. "If there's anything you guys need I'll be glad to get it for you but if you don't mind I should get back to cleaning this place. It'll start to get dirty if I don't." With that she took the broom in hand again and began to sweep another area of the floor.

"Cool! Well see you." Kenji watched as she climbed back up to the guests. He could see every last God and Goddess there. The one who stood out though was the Goddess of Death and Chaos. His eyes made contact with her's and he smirked. Hm... Nithya, Goddess of Death... Truly she is a sight to behold. Perhaps I shall take her for a bride after I take control of this land... He pushed off, and rode back to his house.

"As much as I despise this form it is best that I remain in it until the time is right. There are too many Deities around. If I unseal my power they will surely notice me... No... Can't let that happen... Otherwise I will be locked away for another thousand years or so... However, all the parts are falling into place. It is truly a wondrous thing. Hehehe..."

The couple bid farewell to Aiko, at least for now, and continued on their way to the shrine while she dealt with the new arrival. Aria couldn't help but lean over and whisper to Yui, "I think she got lost. About six hundred years ago."

Yui pressed her hand to her mouth to cover the smile that forced itself onto her face. "Aria-chan, that's not very nice," she chided, but it was apparent she could barely stop herself from laughing.

"You're right, you're right. Anyway, if we don't hurry to the shrine, we'll be late for the movie."
Yui agreed, but neither of them increased their pace. They were happy as they were, walking together in the beautiful spring weather.

-----

As Aria placed his foot on the first step leading up to the shrine, he let out a large sneeze. It was powerful, so either there was something nearby he was allergic to or somebody was saying a lot behind his back. Aria picked his head back up and looked around. There was a boy riding off on his bike, a group of boys walking the other way, and then whomever was inside the shrine--those were the only people around. Aria shrugged and pushed it aside, ascending the stairs with Yui.

Cresting the top, Aria found a pair he would have been happy not meeting: twin kami that were triple trouble. Zora wasn't in sight--probably inside cleaning, like always--nor was Gin somewhere to be seen.

"Looks like we came at a bad time, Yui-chan. Let's head to the movie. We'll see Zora at school tomorrow, anyway."

"Um... alright," Yui agreed quietly. She wasn't sure what made Aria so nervous; the grounds were empty as far as she could see. But Yui never doubted Aria. If he said they should go, then they would go. A small smile grabbed her lips. Aria always protected her, even from things she didn't understand. Even in ways he didn't understand.

"What?" Aria asked, noticing her smile.

"Nothing," she answered happily. "I was just thinking about how much I love you."

Aria felt his cheeks blush pink. He couldn't say anything to answer that, so he gave her a soft kiss instead. The pair hurried back down the steps and off on their date.

Zora had finished up with her cleaning and as the day went on to the evening Aiko had arrived with a smile on her face. Zora had questioned the Goddess about where she had went, Aiko claiming that she had already told her. With that, Zora left the room with a happy sign and headed to her room. She needed get to sleep, she had school the next day. She went into her room and get ready for bed, and fell asleep.

Aiko kept her watch on the shrine, she had found out that many people were at the shrine that day and it made her weary. Though she watched over with her usual smile, sure that everything was okay. They didn't seem to have wanted to cause harm to Zora after all.

The morning came and Zora awoke with the birds chirping outside the window. She got herself up and put her school uniform on. She was given some breakfast by her Goddess mother and she set out down the steps of the shrine and onto the sidewalk that she always traveled on to get to school. It was a peaceful walk for her, beautiful scenery to see through most of the way until the buildings began to become more prominent. She could see the school in the distance.

Aria and Yui joined Zora from a side street, falling into step alongside the kami-to-be. Aria wasted no time in launching into the gossip with her, while Yui listened attentively from his other side.

"You had some interesting visitors yesterday. Any marriage proposals yet?"

Yui sucked in a sharp breath. The question shocked her, even if it was Zora that had been asked. A girl in her class possibly marrying... the idea was impossible, yet impossibly appealing. No, maybe just fascinating, Yui corrected quickly. They were only in high school, after all, so marriage was a long way away. Marriage was for adults, and it meant starting a family, and having kids, and... Yui's cheeks were pink already, and she just knew that she'd be having thoughts of marriage all day now.

Zora looked over to the two who had just joined her. "Oh, Aria and Yui. When did you guys come yesterday? I would have given you some tea." She said. She thought about what Aria asked. "No, not yet." It was something Zora was not that comfortable with but she was able to talk about it freely. It was true that anyone could come to her and ask for her hand in marriage just to get the chance to take some of Aiko's boundaries. With that in mind, Zora knew anyone could come and pop the question. Luckily, it hadn't happened yet but she knew she wasn't free from the possibility.

"Hmm. Yui-chan, do you think Zora-chan sounded a little disappointed when she said that?"

Yui was snapped out of contemplating good names for a baby girl when her own name was said. Her eyes grew wide and she started to fidget nervously. "Aria-chan!" she complained.

"Just a thought," Aria said with a joking smile as he turned back to Zora. "We stopped by the shrine yesterday morning, but you were busy with those twins. I haven't seen them around before; who were they?"

"Disappointed? No, not at all." Zora said casually to Aria. "I just find it strange when I think about it all, you know. How would you feel if you knew anyone could just come up and ask you to marry them?" She made a sigh, then listened to Aria's next question. "Oh the twins. Yeah, I just meant them myself. Their Gods as well. Ones named Naeve while the other one is Nithya." Zora headed into the school. "They seemed nice. I know I should be careful but I don't think they were there to harm me or anything."

"Hey Zora!" Kenji ran towards the group, waving his arm. His other was placed around his bag. "Oh, hello. Nice to meet you two. My name's Kenji Hanamure. Didn't I see you two on your way to the shrine?" Rengoku felt something... Familiar about the blond haired "girl."

"Is she... She is a demon! I never anticipated this... However she seems rather frail... None the less, if any being could see through my ruse, it would be a fellow demon. But more importantly, what is she doing with the Heiress, and this other human?... I must keep a close eye on her..."

The twins nodded softly to Zora before both vanished with the attendance of mist both in black and white respectively. However, before she left, Nithya caught th eyes of a male, causing her to raise a brow slightly before her presence was gone from the area. Moments later the two were stood in the park nearby, Nithya swinging lazily on the swing in her human form, once again copying the nearest school uniform she adorned before. Naeve of the other hand leaned against the climb frame like structure, copying her human form as well. The two sighed softly before they began to talk. "I want to stay here." Naeve murmured, her voice a whisper to the girl she was the opposite to. "I want to observe for a while..." She added, watching as Nithya in returned shut her blood red orbs.

"If you wish."

The next morning the two were still in the park in their respective places, Nithya barely awake and Naeve just watching the passing clouds. Nithya never liked the day since it seemed to take hours before the female was awake enough to respond in a way that seemed intelligent. Till them she just murmured the occasional random sentence, more than often it being a string of curses to whoever ruled the day. Naeve was humming a soft song, a silver ring upon her finger sealing away the powers she adorned, a black one locked upon her sisters own hand. Unknown to the twins, they seemed almost as if ditching 'school' due to their appearance and choice of forms. However, to their later defense, they did not attend any useless school.

Naeve turned her gaze to the raven who tried to hide but failed miserably. "We should find a place to stay. If we keep travelling back here then it will cause a disturbance. There are still Gods which despise us for the harm we caused during the battles we had." Nithya could only nod as she stood up, trying to crack the mortal bones that let a strange sense of pain flood her system. "Pain...it demands to be heard..." The one of death murmured before walking over to Naeve. "So, what shall we do? I could mess with a human so we can take their home?" Naeve hummed in thought before shrugging. "Lets do that as a last resort till then..."

"Naeve... and Nithya... ACHOO!!" There was no way that a demon couldn't know those names, but the last he'd heard was that they'd forsaken the world in favor of their own, only maintaining enough contact to carry out their duties. Apparently Zora was big enough news to warrant their return. The only comfort Aria could find was that their powers in this realm would be severely reduced after the extended absence.

Aria's thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of a boy running to join at Zora's other side. Yui, ever the polite girl, greeted him first. "It's nice to meet you, Hanamure-san. My name is Yoshida Yui."

"I'm Aria. Good to meet you, Kenji-kun." Of course Aria removed any distance in his speech. They were the same, after all--two students going to school. He didn't say anything more, his mind still concerned with Life and Death, so Yui worked herself up to say something.

"We did go by there, but we were running late and couldn't visit. Were you there, Hanamure-san?"

Status
Not open for further replies.