The Human and Divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, hey Kenji." Zora said, once the boy had called out to her and ran over. "These are my friends." She responded when Aria and Yui introduced themselves. "He was riding by and ran into Erika. It seemed like she was pretty mad at first, but it turned out alright. Then, the bike broke so I let him use some tools to fix it." Zora told Aria. She recalled everything that happened the other day, her life was full of a lot of things daily but she had to admit that that one she had some interesting things happen. She meant more gods and added a friend.

"Well, pleasure to meet you. I just moved here from Tokyo, so this is quite a bit different. Even if it isn't the country, I am still not used to how open it is here. I will admit though, the air is cleaner here." Kenji smiled as the he spoke. Rengoku just sighed internally. This is quite degrading for a demon of my status. I would just kill her now, if this weren't for revenge. For now, I must simply put up with this frivolous banter.

(on my phone so colour wont be there.)

The twins were bored, having lost track of what they were intending to do they were now wandering aimlessly, Nithya with a scowl that began to resemble a pout and Naeve with a stoic expression to her face. Of course they both intended to complete the task of sorting out living arrangements while on mortal soil but they were strangely, far to easy to distract. Nithya especially considering she was stopping ever few minutes to poke something, testing objects she did not know about. Eventually however she ran into a dog.

Normally Naeve would stop her sister when she turned to her more chaotic nature, however the girl had wandered off if belief Nithya would eventually follow.

Beady black eyes stared at curious red ones as the minutes began to pass. Not many animals could stand before death and not react, felines, birds and foxes being the few able to stand her presence but canines were not one of them. So it was understandable when the dog began to bark viciously, ears back as it fixed its gaze on the goddess. Annoyed. The emotion struck her like a ton of bricks and so she reacted according to her current emotion. She was going to kill it. Slowly the gloved hand pointed towards the now trembling creature as the air around her turned a polluted black and red, the miasma like substance leaking off her before it began to crawl around the small creature tauntingly before it was done.

It was gone.

The air however was heavy, the chaotic miasma still remaining as it began to spread in the air for she had not recalled it. Chaos burned, bringing an abnormal heat to the air that dangerously flickered against the skin.

With Naeve gone she smirked at the slight charred space, enjoying the presence of what she rules over. "Beautiful" the woman of chaos purred, a large grin upon her lips as she waited for Naeve to appear and complain about her actions.

Zora smiled at Kenji. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it here in no time, it's very nice." She said as they were walking down the hallway. She stopped at one of the classroom doors. "This is my class." She told them and headed inside to take a seat. She sat down and pulled out her supplies for school. She watched other kids coming in, others talking to their friends, though class would start soon.

Meanwhile, Aiko was back at the shrine. She was taking care of her duties as the goddess of love, hearing out the wishes that people made and trying to do all she could to help them. She always loved love and wanted everyone to feel that way with someone else.

Zora went inside and Yui followed after her, but Aria held back for a moment to talk to Kenji. "I'd like to give a bit more of an introduction, now that they're gone--this can get awkward with people around. Please call me Aria-chan, but I want it to be absolutely clear that I am a boy. Now half of what you hear about me will make more sense. The other half will still be nonsense, though." Aria smiled to let Kenji know he was joking, then gave a small curtsy. "Welcome to the school. Do you know which class is yours?"

Yui shuffled inside and sat down at her desk. She pulled out her books for the first class, then folded her hands in her lap and waited. She remained as still as possible, her body hardly moving, but Yui's eyes were constantly darting about the room. She watched everyone intently--she always did. They were all so interesting, it was impossible not to look and listen. Rin had broken up with yet another boyfriend, this time because "he's like a spoiled, little brat! His mom probably still nurses him..." Matsuda tried to step in and take advantage of Rin's break-up ("That's terrible! You must be lonely now."), but Kyouko gave the pervert a solid right hook that sent him flying before he could touch anyone's anything.

Just like this, Yui could spend all her time watching everyone. She enjoyed it, and she sometimes wished that she could be a part of it. But she knew she couldn't. Not really. And definitely not without Aria there.

When Naeve did arrive she instantly raised her hand, bringing it down harshly upon her younger twins head. Nithya easily fell to the ground, a groan passing her lips as she sent a small glare at her sister in retaliation. It wasn't that she meant to pollute the air with chaos it was just she got into the swing of it and so found the results amusing. The younger one stood up, brushing the school uniform off before looking at Naeve blankly. "I apologize." She murmured, causing the other to sigh softly. "Hm, it is alright. Chaos has to be present or the balance would be unfair. I myself cannot allow that to happen nor you." Both nodded before the red eyed girl smile softly. "Let us go visit Aiko." With a small sound of agreement the two goddess' vanished.

Minutes later, black and grey miasma filled the area near Aiko, creating the solid forms of both girls in their true forms. They didn't need mortals seeing two people randomly appear after all. Naeve glanced at the older woman with a raised brow, the silver armor made a soft, forgiving sound as she smiled gently. "The Goddess of Love, Aiko." She murmured, causing the opposing twin garbed in black and fur to respond with the same expression. "It is nice to see you, it has been a while." A long time since the pair secluded themselves.

Naeve couldn't help but feel calmer knowing there was other Gods upon the lands as she found no comfort being near humans. The one of life tilted her head with curiousity, a hum passing her lightly painted lips. "You are granting the mortal's wishes..." She trailed off before pausing. "Aiko, I must inquire to why you took on a human as your successor?" To be honest, Naeve wanted to cast her judgement on the girl to see what the world whispered. After all, reigning over judgement made her impartial so if the girl was perfect for the position she would know. However, she would not do so without being asked.

Nithya hummed, looking at the sky before she looked at her sister. "Since arriving here we have begun to change." She added quietly, but loud enough to be heard. "I dont know if its good or bad..." She shook her head, pulling her sleeves together as the fur lining hiding her delicately covered hands. Naeve thought about it before nodding. "Maybe we should return to our task of granting the humans wishes..." The other just shrugged, still undecided. Nithya turned her gaze to Aiko. "Are you happy?"

She had to ask.

Aiko could sense the two twin sisters coming, her smile becoming larger now that she knew she was getting some company. She turned to the two gods once they appeared before her. "Why, hello you two. It has been such a long time." Aiko said with a cheerful tone. "I hope you two are doing well . Ah, yes. I am granting wishes. I just love seeing them so happy and watching love blossom. It's so beautiful." She took a pause. "My successor Zora. It is simple. It is the way she is, the way she acts. She will be perfect for when it comes to helping love blossom for the humans. If you don't believe me, then I suggest you spend some time with her and see for yourself."

Aiko let the two talk amongst themselves about how they seemed to be changing. She was glad they felt different, with the changing times it was always good for them to change too. "Yes, I am very happy." She finally said when they asked her. "I have a wonderful daughter to take my spot and seeing the humans happily in love makes me feel good."

The twins glanced idly at the woman as they tilted their heads in response, their actions mimicking one another. Seconds later the twins looked to one another, lips pursed as opposing eyes refused to shift from each others. Nithya turned back to Aiko, the small trace of a smile still on her lips. Death was fond of Aiko after all, being a goddess she enjoyed the company of. "I am glad you are happy Aiko!" She cheered softly, her arms still hidden by the long, fur sleeves. "Your daughter is quite amazing, her aura..." The one murmured before smiling. "It is different. I have carried many souls to their final places but her soul is different from most." The girl told the older goddess. "It's interesting."

Naeve paused, her eyes on Nithya before she turned to the goddess, nodding gently. "I see, out of our comrades, I respect you the most Aiko. If you decision is this It must be correct." Judgement responded, smiling as well. The girls rarely smile anymore but they were seemingly happier. "Humans are intriguing...we are contemplating if we should respond to the mortal's prayers and wishes once again." She added before yawning softly. "Love is such a complicated emotion..." She groaned, trying to work out the reason to why Aiko loved humans so much.

A small giggle escaped from Aiko's light pink lips. "You are right, love is complicated and something not easy to explain. See, there are so many different kinds of love. Love as of a family member or members such as I feel to my daughter and return. I am sure you two feel it between each other, although you might not believe it. But, there is also love with a significant other. Hmm, maybe you two should just go and find out for yourselves." The goddess of love paused. "Watch the humans and love then maybe, maybe find it for yourselves."

Nithya found the mood lightening so she nodded, content as she stared back at the sky. "We should Naeve." She murmured, her hands shifting so one rest upon the curve of her waist. "It could be beneficial, specially with you being the goddess of life. You should try to understand them!" She pointed out, brushing the hair from her face. Nithya herself didn't need to understand, all she had to do was control chaos and death. "Plus I think spending time in the mortal's environment should be fun!" She chimed softly before grinning. "How about we attend school? hm?" She asked, rocking on the heels of her boots.

Naeve nodded, thinking. "I guess...me and my sister hold love for one another." She paused, looking up for a brief moment before she looked back to Aiko. "But is love between Gods really necessary? We are only present for balance." She whispered to herself before looking over to Nithya. "...Fine." She sighed, knowing full well how Nithya enjoyed being mischievous. "Lets go join this school." the words were forced as Naeve seemed concerned once again.

Both of them turned back towards Aiko, Death smiling and Life with a small smile as both bowed their heads. "Thank you Aiko for this talk." Naeve retained her formality why Nithya smiled, waving slightly. "We'll be back Aiko!" She cheered, both chaos and judgement vanishing completely. In returned, moments later their forms appeared near the school grounds, once again within mortal forms that adorned uniforms. Both wandered inside quietly, making sure to avoid a majority of the students before they headed to the principle.

The pair walked inside and Nithya quickly set to work on influencing the mortals mind. So after a few moments the pair had the forms showing they were now registered in the school and they were being hurried to a classroom by the secretary, much to their confusion. Of course, being in solitude school was a mystery to them. Nithya and Naeve were pushed into a classroom, their gazes stuck on the students for a moment before Naeve lost her comfort and seemed to inch behind Nithya. However, They both had one thought crossing their mind, specially when they had no clue what to do...

'Crap...'

"Eh?... W-wait, you're a guy!!!"

This demon is dangerous! He must be quite persuasive, and an excellent liar to be able to convince me he was a girl without even saying a word! Perhaps he isn't even a boy at all, but is using his ability to trick me once more!

Liiiiittle bit too much thought but into that one, Your Shadowiness. Kenji regained his composure

"S-Sorry about that... So, I think I was in Class 3-C, but... I haven't the slightest idea where that is."

He eventually found it, and had to introduce himself.

Soon... Soon... Hopefully soon...

He then took his seat, and listened to the lecture. It was mundane and boring. Why did it have to be this way?... It will be worth it. He will have the power... Just have to survive highschool for a while

Last edited:
Quietly and unnoticed the twins slipped to the back of their class, taking a seat as to remain hidden. Nithya instantly let her head fall onto the desk, having made sure they needed to make no 'introduction'. Naeve however seemed to show some enthusiasm in their situation as she sat perfectly straight, hands poised in her lap as she waited curiously for whatever she was waiting for. Neither had any idea how a class ran and so their reactions were completely different. The Goddess of Chaos found the idea idiotic and had long since decided she could nap during the 'school' hours. Of course, there was a point where Naeve was planning to disrupt this to have Nithya actually learn something.

Moments later the girl sat up, red eyes scanning the room before she looked to Naeve. "I do not understand this place." The one normally garbed in fur murmured, pouting slightly as she sat her head on her folded arms. "We are here to understand it Nithya.." Was the ever gentle reply, causing the opposing twin to snort before sighing. "I only wish for some action to occur...a huge battle or massacre maybe.." Naeve only shook her head in response. "Only because you feed on chaos." Only receiving a nod from the one who wanted to cause death, both sighed. Later, they would plan to go visit their shrines but for now they were bored.

Nithya bored was a bad thing.

Fingers twitching mercilessly as nails dug into the desk, eyebrow twitching in co-ordination. "Tempted...Tempted...Tempted..." She murmured before groaning, fingers threading through her hair as Naeve shook her head. "When is it a teacher is to arrive?" Naeve murmured, tapping her cheek softly before shrugging. The goddess of life eventually noticed Zora, causing her to hum before looking over at her sister who was seeming to have some panic attack in annoyance. "You understand we are in the same class Aiko's child?" She whispered, causing the red eyed one to sit up, glancing over before blinking. "Ah...interesting." And with a gentle thud, the goddess of chaos was back in dreamland.

After some time it seemed everyone had arrived, though Zora was surprised to see two new faces in the classroom, ones that she just saw yesterday at the shrine. It was surprising and she was tempted to go ask what the twins were even doing there. She wondered if it was bad or good that death and life was in a regular school classroom. However, just as she got the thought to stand up and talk to them, the teacher had walked in. She sat her books down onto her desk and began to write something on the board about what they would be doing that day. Zora opened up her notes and picked up her pencil. She began to copy down what the teacher was writing. It was going to be what she discussed, but Zora preferred to have it copied down already before the lesson began.

Soul burst through the door to the classroom violently, how he dreaded being late, but there was another dread, he sensed another. Another what? He wasn't sure, all he knew was that he sensed something that he felt in himself, but in someone else, something that was natural but it felt like Void. And when he felt Void death was soon to follow, and this was his mark, or was it his marks friend, he was unsure. He hadn't slept much that night, the thoughts of his mark had kept him up. How could he bring himself to kill her, even for his old "friend." Ah but there were other things to worry about. Like how he was going to play this. He did just burst into a classroom, a public place. "Sorry for the interuption, I-I'm the new student you were informed about, Soul." He slightly waved his left hand, forcing false memories into the teachers mind. Then it hit him. He had used his real name. He mentally scalded himself for the rookie mistake and took a seat near the middle of the classroom.

Yui was thoroughly shocked, and most of the class seemed to agree. The boy had burst in halfway through third period. A super late arrival on your first day of class was a bad sign for the year to come. When she turned to look at her boyfriend, though, Yui noticed that Aria wasn't bothered in the least. Not nearly as bothered as when the two girls at the back of the room had arrived that morning.

Aria leaned forward to whisper to the new student. "Hiya, Soul! I'm Aria. That was a terrific entrance, but your introduction was weak. You had the attention of the entire class, so you should have told us more about yourself." Aria smiled brightly to let the boy know he was pulling his leg. "You should join Yui-chan and I for lunch later."

"Alright, I'll consider it. Thanks for the invitation and advice, Aria." Soul gave a forced chuckle, suppressing the urge to turn around and 'Charm' the boy into forgetting his own existance. He spoke without facing the other participant. This was both to keep the teacher from noticing, and to keep the other participant from seeing his eyes. "Who might Yui be?" Soul flicked his wrist and a pen appeared in his hand. He began writing quickly, waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aria placed one elbow on his desk and rested his chin in his palm. He kept the inside of his wrist showing and smiled kindly. His other hand reached up to brush a small strand of hair behind his ear, the fingers running along his smooth skin to accentuate it. He added half a dozen other small movements he'd learned that are subconsciously linked to femininity, not wanting to rely solely on the skirt to convince the new boy before bringing down the hammer. "Yui-chan is my girlfriend," Aria stated, gesturing to the girl sitting at his right.

Yui's eyes widened a little, but she tried to pretend she hadn't been listening in. She bent her head down and scribbled notes furiously, feeling incredibly self-conscious and sure that she could feel Soul's eyes on her even now.

Soul glanced to the right and behind himself. He then turned towards the boy and said with a straight face and serious tone. "Doesn't surprise me. And yes I know that you are male." He turns toward the front of the class once more, waving his left hand as he turns, the teacher froze in place and fell unconscious for only a moment before standing back up quickly, readjusting their clothing and continuing the lesson which Soul had paid little attention to. "And, Hello Yui." His tone of voice had changed to a more friendly light-hearted nature. He continued writing quickly, he blank when he looked up and saw his mark. How had he not noticed her sooner? How had he missed her? He became slightly angry with himself, then got over it. Mistakes happen, just so long as they're not fatal. Soul sneezed suddenly and abruptly. "Sorry everyone." He went back to writing.

"Buuu." Soul was a dangerous one, but worse was that he was absolutely no fun! Kenji had panicked so much it was cute, but Soul just shut him down without even a smile. Aria was so upset he actually paid attention to the lesson, though that was also in case Soul did anything else funny to the teacher. He'd wait until lunch to straighten the guy out.

Lunch couldn't come fast enough. When fourth finally ended, Aria almost jumped out of his chair in celebration. "Alright, right this way, Soul. We're going to give you a proper welcome to the school, starting with "Who's Who in K High." Aria was about to haul him out of his chair and drag him along, so intent was he on this tour, but Yui's voice stopped him before he touched Soul.

"Aria-chan!" You're scaring me.

She didn't say the last, and nobody else would notice it, but Aria looked at her and knew it to be so. Aria froze, his face sad, but it passed after a moment. He smiled, stuck his tongue between his lips, and bonked himself on the head. "Of course, how silly of me! Soul, after you." Aria stepped aside with a small bow. "We're going to visit Zora--window seat, third from the back. Since you're new, it's important that you understand the rules." And that didn't mean the student handbook, though that could be important, too. That meant the unwritten stuff: don't endanger the other students, don't use magic on the teacher, don't do anything that would interfere with Love, etc.

Yui understood one thing: if Aria was going to introduce Soul to Zora, that meant he was from that world. Knowing that made her a little uneasy, but Yui felt safe with Aria there. And Soul didn't seem like a bad person, even if he was a little strange.

"Wait, Zora?" His voice was raspy and almost as if he had lost his voice at the sound of his marks name. He slowly began to realize fully that he was about to be introduced to his mark. This was bad for two reasons, One he would then personally know his Mark, and Two he had suspicions that he might feel something for her, which would only be confirmed by meeting her. He had to act, quickly. But all he could think about was his Mark, Zora. An interesting name. "S-sure, why not? Uh, who is she?" He tried to think, but it just wasn't working, so he decided he would go along with it and hopefully find a way to distract them, but to no avail, he was already following the odd couple to her. He slowed his pace upon sight of her though, both afraid and astounded. How could he bring himself to kill such a lovely young lady, he doubted he could. But he had to, otherwise he himself would be facing, well he'd rather not associate that with her, so he chose not to think about it. Instead he was mentally preparing himself to kill her, and make it look as though it were suicide or accident. As long as he didn't get caught or killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.