The Human and Divine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nithya paused, watching Zora carefully. Mostly since few got close to Nithya without it being a fight and the main person was able to be remotely near Nithya without her being uncomfortable was Naeve since she was a part of her. The flower was placed on her hand and unlike the previous, it did not instantly take the form of death it held but instead held on for a few more seconds. The Goddess paused, blinking as if trying to believe it before she smiled slightly. "Pretty~" She cooed, ignoring the fact the flower was now rotting due to her touch, she had held it briefly before it took this state. Her eyes shifted to Zora for a moment. "Arigatou gozaimasu Zora." She replied before placing the dead flower with the other. Nithya turned to Soul. "Your trick was beautiful."

She paused, watching him carefully with narrowed eyes before she took the flower from his grasp, her fingers resting carefully upon the plucked stem as she brought it closer to her. Waiting, expecting the death and process of rotting to begin she was shocked when it didn't. Idly she poked at the petals with a raised brow before looking to him. "Is this an illusion?" She asked, her voice quiet as she held the plant carefully, as if it would break if she dared to change her hold.

"Thanks, but you might like this one more." Soul was still holding out the flower, actually it was one of the Mourning Glories from the set that had encircled him, but to her, there was no telling what it was.

Zora watched as the flower stayed alive in Nithya's hands, the goddess must have been happy to see that it didn't die. She was glad that Nithya could experience this, it was one thing to understand humans and learning about everything. "Thank you, Soul." She said to him, glad that he was able to help Nithya out like that.

"No, actually. In fact, it is full of life. And will continue to stay that way if taken care of. But if you do decide to keep it you must know that if your sister touches it, it will perish immediately. Do with it what you will." Soul said this as he realized the irony, Life killing the flower with just a touch. What a reversal. He wondered what would happen to the flower and how or if it would cause any sort of change in the sisters relationship. "And it was not a problem Zora."

She was enjoying the faint feeling that radiated from the flower that was its life span. Never had she felt that spark as she carried the souls off in her arms, their souls limp and motionless, this was different. Her fingers were stroking the surface of the petal faintly as she nodded. "I think that is fair. Naeve refuses to let me near the wildlife at the shrine so I can keep this to myself." Nithya was ignoring the fact she was apart of Naeve and so eventually, this would lead back to what occurred before, millions of years ago. Hesitantly she paused, eyes narrowed as she turned to Soul. "How do you know who my sister is?" Her voice was quiet as she awaited the answer. "I am sure neither of us have spoke of who or what we are to anyone here but Zora."

"I haven't a clue what you're talking about, maybe you're just tired again." Soul glanced around the group, at Aria, Yui, and Kenji. Soul then waved a newly plucked flower that Nithya saw as rotten and dead with a sly grin, he seemed to know more than he was letting on. He then set the flower down. "How long is lunch?" Now he was addressing Zora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nithya's eyes opened wide at this, her fingers seem to clench into her skirt while the other held the flower dutifully. Rage. To be honest, it was the only emotion clear upon her features as she stared over at Soul. She felt like this...she didn't even put a label to him as she seemed to turn her shocked gaze to a nasty glare was almost able to mess with her and Nithya hated nothing more than that. She was chaos and chaos was never going to allow that for it had to crush and destroy everything. Of course, bother and Naeve were similar to children, their belief in their task could be changed slowly but for now the remained glued tot he idea that their elements were why they existed. "You..." She hissed angrily as the flickers of red left her skin in crackling whispers.

"Yes?" He could feel a part of himself being pulled toward her. He wanted to unleash a power he didn't think he had. He wanted to sow the seeds of chaos and destruction. But he couldn't, he didn't think he had the power, so flicked his wrist and the flower changed back to living. "I apologize for upsetting you, it was supposed to be a joke. And no, just in case you have any doubt, the flower I gave you isn't a joke. But yes it will die if your sister touches it. Because it will die if anyone but you touches it. I'm sorry to have upset you."

Pause.

Nithya glanced at him for a moment, head tilted to one side before a hum passed her lips. That same dreary tune that Naeve hummed earlier now passed her pursed lips before she nodded. "I might...have imagined it. I apologize." She murmured, setting both hands in her lap this time. The influence of chaos she spread vanished as she removed it from herself temporarily, something that made her feel tired once again. "And Thank you for the flower, I owe you for this." She added before smiling as she returned her attention back to the plant, brushing it gently but eagerly now that she knew it would not die by her touch. "Be free to ask me or Naeve for the favor whenever." Mostly since if one owed something, the other did also.

Soul shook his head. "No no, you owe me nothing, I simply was doing a favor for a 'friend' but thank you for the offer." Soul then eyed the flower. He saw it as the Mourning Glory, and that it actually was still alive. He smiled as he realized that she had kept her power from draining it's life away, even if it was only because she was told that it was supposed to stay alive. And although what he said about anyone else touching it would cause it's death wasn't true, it would die at Naeve's touch. He then realized the problems it might cause and both scalded himself and laughed internally.

Nithya paused, nodding happily as she seemed far happier now that the small fear in her was gone. She was enjoying the small amount of company the plant provided for her, causing the small occasional coo from her lips before she felt a familiar energy wrap around her. Naeve. Her eyes glanced over to the door as the other twin walked through the door to the roof, rubbing her eyes tiredly before taking a seat next to Nithya, her head slumping down onto the others lap as her eyes closed. "Tired..." The eldest murmured, causing the younger to just stare in slight amusement. "You should have completed it slowly." She told her, causing the other to scowl and return to her mock sleep. "Ah, when does lunch end? I need for this school day to finish so I can continue on the shrine."

Soul felt the shift in Nithya's mood almost immediately. He almost wanted to get Neave to touch the flower, just so she would know how her sister felt ever time she tried to touch something. "Ah, I haven't a clue, sorry. But I would like to visit your shrine, and Zora's if possible." Soul said, realizing the opportunities this would provide later, but now he was thinking about actually becoming friends with these people. He knew things about these two that they hadn't directly told him. He hated that feeling, knowing he had pryed and tricked his way into knowing. And he hated himself for doing it.

He knows something... I am not quite sure what yet, but more than I like... I must do something about this soon...

This 'magician' had certainly complicated things beyond his expectance. Kenji however just mused at the flowers that floated down.

"That's amazing! I hadn't ever expected this stuff to be real, and yet... Where did you learn this magic?" Disguised as mere curiosity, Kenji asked to discover the true nature of this magic, so he had a better idea of who he was dealing with. Thus far it has only seemed to be a few fancy tricks, but one can never be too careful...

"A few mages from my home village, and my adoptive father. I've always had a knack for it. I just kind of picked it up." Soul said as he began to lose patients with the end of lunch. He sighed and stood. He started to pace slowly at first. Then he cupped his hands and created a little puppy in his hands. It was a transparent grey. It barked as he played with it. He set it on the ground and the puppy ran around in between the members of the group and yipped at them. Then attempted to play with them.

Zora stayed silent as she watched Soul and Nithya talk between each other. It was nice to have Naeve return as well after some time. Zora giggled as she watched the puppy play. So, Soul picked up his magic from some other people, she wondered if that was true. Suddenly a bell rang. "Looks like lunch is over." She said, putting her box that held her lunch away and stood up. She wiped off her skirt and headed for the door. "If any of you would like, you can come to the shrine later today." She said while smiling at them, then opened the door to leave the roof and go to her next class.

"I think I might. But one more trick, shall we?" Soul stepped back onto the edge of the roof, stretching out his arms. He shuffles his feet to be half over the edge. He leaned back a little and fell. "AAAAHHHHhhhh.....!!!"

Zora was about to go through the door, when she saw Soul just randomly falling off the side of the roof. She let the door shut on her, without going through. "Are you crazy? Soul!" She shouted out. Was she suppose to see if he was okay, or was she suppose to ask the twins or Aria to help. They could do more than what she could do if he was hurt. She was just too shocked to do anything.

Soul tapped Zora's left shoulder from behind, gently. He then hugged her loosely. "Sorry if I frightened you. I just wanted to ask you about the others in private, so I figured I'd distract them." He gave a smile that suggested he knew more than he was letting on and let his arms fall back to his side, the others, seemingly, were still in shock.

Zora let out a sigh of relief, he seemed to be okay. She turned to face him after he let her go. "What do you mean, what do you want to ask?" She said to him, not sure if it was the best idea to tell him anything about the others. They were her friends, she didn't want anything to happen to them.

He whispered to her: "I know what the twins and Aria are. And no I don't plan on harming them in anyway. In fact just the opposite." Soul's face was inches from Zora's and he couldn't help but think about kissing her. How he wanted to. But he couldn't. She didn't like him, and probably never would. He stood straight once more and waited for her response.

Status
Not open for further replies.