The House On The Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A food nut? I... used to be pretty fussy. I was vegetarian, only ate eggs that were free range, didn't wear anything from an animal... Didn't drink blood of any kind. I was really sick, mind you. Thin and so pale all the time. It... obviously changed," he sighed, scratching at his rosy cheek as he remembered back to how righteous a teenager he had been. "I was a little shit, Rudie. It's embarrassing. I used to wear ponchos and horrible girly necklaces and... it just wasn't a good time. My Dad shouldn't tell 'ya that crap about me."​

"I would have loved you like that, I betcha you were cute." She snorted, playfully punching the other's arm as she picked what she thought was the best produce. "Seriously, don't ever be ashamed of yourself. You need to be proud of your past self, it made you who you are now.... Well, I mean..."

"Rudie, I was insufferable. I was such a little weirdo," he cringed, trailing around with her, though the sudden memories did make him wonder - was he much better now? If he examined it honestly, not really. Back then, he had at least been happy, and the optimist of the family, the quirky one who everyone at last admired for sticking to what he believed in and being an advocate of charities and whatnot. Now, he was a bit of a whore, even if he did admit it himself. He had always been a bit of a flirt, though it had somewhat spiralled... until meeting Mark, that was. "Rudie," he began softly, pouting tiredly as he placed some steaks into the basket for his and Mark's dinner. "I... I just feel like a failure, honestly."​

"What are you going to do to stop feeling like that? You can either deal with things, or you can let them continue. I can't tell you what you have to do, babe. You gotta figure this out yourself."

"But you're my friend, you have to help," he muttered sharply, only and sheerly for the fact he was in such a rut, feeling so hopeless, that the other's words of ensuring his independence on the matter didn't settle well. "Hell, I've helped you! I mean, before I... got into drugs and stuff. I was pretty accepting of you when Terry told you to fuck off that one time."​

"It's up to you!" She sighed, rubbing her face wearily. "Do you want to get better? Because I'll help you if you do. If you don't, I can't do shit until you decide you want to change. I don't like forcing ideas down other people's throats, that's your Uncle and dad's job."

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"I only trust you, gosh. I just want you to be strict and tell me what to do," he grumbled, putting some packets of minced meat into the basket - his and Mark's diet did tend to revolve around meat. Hell, Mark was a werewolf, and Seth was rather into blood at the moment, more so than usual, so if he was trying to get back off drinking from the vein, raw meat tended to help-- or so he'd heard.​

"Why?" She huffed, "... Fine, you want me to be strict? I think you need to get your shit together, Seth. You need to realize that you've done some shitty things and you need to try harder to fix them."

With breath hitched at the harsh words, he didn't just cower away and ignore them, or explode with profanities, but instead meekly smiled and would have responded in gratitude that she had offered stern but genuine advice if it wasn't for the sudden pair of arms wrapping around his waist.

While he would normally freak out, as would anyone, it only took a moment for him to recognise the coconut-scented shampoo and well-spoke, if not posh voice in his ear before he pulled back to face the grinning face of a tall -very tall- man. While all of Seth's friends were drug addicts, drunks or general low lives, this man was... well, the antithesis. He was donning a smart blazer and jeans, a white t-shirt with a single logo underneath. Clean shaven, and with a set of chocolate brown eyes complimenting medium blonde hair, he was the sort of boy anyone would be happy to bring home to their parents... and the opposite of all of Seth's previous boyfriends, who had all been covered in tattoos and had a penchant for alcohol.

"I came to get bacon for breakfast." Mark explained when spotting the halfling's quizzical expression, ruffling his hair with all the affection in the world before recognising his boyfriend -technically, fiancé- wasn't alone, shyness suddenly protruding from him as he offered a hand forward. "Um, hello. I'm Mark, Seth's fiancé. You must be... Rudie, I'm guessing...?"​

"The one and only," She replied, eyeing the other warily as she reached out her hand. She would be freaking out right now, her slobbish look being rather hideous and her hair in haphazard points... If it weren't for the fact that A. she didn't give a fuck and B. she was too comfortable to need to look good for anyone. It was early, after all. "So you're the guy my friend has been talking about? Aren't YOU the perfect cream puff? Seriously, I need to get the rest of the food. I hate having to deal with Terry whining about having no food."

"Fuck Terry, he's already thin, so what?--"

"That's a horrible way to talk about your brother," Mark whispered under his breath to his boyfriend, quietly correcting his swearing before smiling to himself at Seth's quiet apology over what he'd said about Terry. Seemingly, Mark was the real deal, practical perfection. He was handsome, kind, smart and spoke correctly-- but nobody was that perfect, right? If he wasn't perfect, he was certainly hiding it well, but likelihood was this wasn't a charade and he just was a generally nice person. Shaking Rudie's hand politely., he chuckled under his breath. "Oh, well, I'll be glad to take Seth off your hands. He's a handful, I suppose. I mean... "

"Oi, I wanna go round with Rudie," he huffed, mostly because he did want to bond with her - he had a jealous streak that she preferred Terry, even if that really wasn't true. "I won't be long."​

"Seth here said he wanted you to come over, isn't that right?" She asked, the long haired brunette peering over at the smaller of the men. "Sorry, Mark, but I think Seth should cook the meal he makes you and the family. He'll be busy getting his hands dirty in whatever he cooks... Though it was nice to meet you. Now, seriously, lemme finish shopping, will 'ya? I'm on a schedule, even if it's my day off..."

"Come around at six, Mark. For dinner," Seth murmured quietly, shooting Rudie a playful pout before leaning up as best he could to place a rather sickeningly passionate kiss on the wolf's lips, whom of which was clearly embarrassed by the affection... though was hardly going to regret it, shooting Seth a shy smile before letting him go on his way.

"See?" Seth smiled proudly, peering over his shoulder at the werewolf still at the meat aisle. "He's just perfect, isn't it? He's unbelievably gentlemanly-- and not some drug addict like you all think, huh?"​

"Not everyone's perfect, Seth." She muttered under her breath, strolling along rather quickly now that time was spent to speak to the other. "Seriously, I'm not like Rose or whatever, but I get a bad vibe from him. Something's gotta be up... Even if he's nice, and pretty cute. You did pick a good one, at least aesthetically wise, eh?" She teased, even if she did tense.

"...He's perfect. There's no bad vibes, Rudie," he blinked, slightly surprised by that. He had hoped that the one friend he had left beside Milli would just be happy to accept Mark as a gentleman, but hearing her doubts did cloud the compliment she gave afterwards, that brief moment of him being happy smiley Seth ending with a small growl. "H-He's better than all my other boyfriends, and I love him, and he's... he's perfect. He has normal faults, like his obsession of alphabetising all his stuff. That's annoying. And he always forgets to do the dishes-- but there's nothing dodgy going on! Rudie, seriously, don't..."​

"I'll make my final opinion tonight, okay?" She sighed, pushing to the cash register. "Don't freak out about my feeling, alright? My feelings can be wrong, okay? That's why I usually ignore them..."

"You're not Rose, like you said-- if she says the same, I'll start freaking out," he admitted, that at least proving how much he did both value her opinion, and have trust in how she picked up vibes-- though whether she would genuinely answer him when he asked about it was something he doubted. He wouldn't be surprised if she just disagreed to help entirely. "...I'm doubting him now, and... what if he's dodgy? I thought he was lovely."​

"How long have you been with him?" She asked, using the self checkout. "It took me like a year and a half to truly trust your pa. He's a vampire, after all..."

"About five months, something like that," he shrugged, quietly placing the items he'd bought into a carrier bag with a weary frown. As much as he adored Rudie, and saw her as a rather close friend, the one person he did need at the moment was Rose. No matter how devastated their friendship had become, he did find himself just wanting to talk it over with her now he was starting to scrutinise everything about Mark, however untrusting that was.​

"Five months of being engaged or five months of dating?" She blonled, shocked if the answer was the latter. "... I guess that's alright, if you love him..."

Status
Not open for further replies.