The House On The Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you ever refuse my son or daughter ice cream, I will personally boycott your ice cream parlour... for a day or two," he grinned, knowing that not eating ice cream was a rather impractical thought, and one in which he could never really hold to. He prided himself on being able to stick to targets he set himself, the newest ones being free of drugs, but when it came to food? He would struggle. "Look, I don't even know if I'd be able to adopt. Who would give me a kid?"​

"Once you get clean, they would." She replied, shrugging. "Milli told me how he adopted Rosemary, and Milli still looks young. If he can do it, you can do once you get better. Have some hope, will you?"

"Hope, psh. I dunno. Mark said he'd prefer a surrogate, anyway," he smiled, the fact they had seemingly talked about it in this depth proving how serious Seth was about having a child of his own. He was 25, the peak time to settle down really, and being with Mark, who he loved more than life itself, and how serious their relationship was, children seemed to follow. "I don't know, we'll see, I guess."​

"Don't rush it, okay?" She scolded, "You got a fast lifestyle, and you'd need to end that lifestyle to raise a kid. Make sure you're ready to do that, alright? "

"Oi," he scolded with a small frown, pouting out sorts as he reached to hold onto his tea for comfort. "I-I can easily forget my fast lifestyle. I wanna settle down, you know? Just... be a family guy. It's what I've craved, but... meh. I'll try-- now can we go to the grocery store~?"​

"Yeah, I guess. Let me get some flip flops on first, will ya? Be patient." She huffed, shimmying into the shoes by the stairs with a purse of money in hand and Axel's car keys. "

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Is my Dad alright with you using his car? The old man loves it," he murmured, eyeing the flashy vehicle with a small smirk - ever since he was small, and despite how strapped for cash his father was, the man had always made sure he had a nice car and his expensive home, however much debt he had got himself into at one time in his life. "I mean, he would never let me touch it, or Terry."​

"What he doesn't know won't kill 'em.' She smirked, tossing the keys skillfully before shuffling towards the car with a hum. "Now come on, I want to get Milli the poptarts he likes.... Even if they're hella nasty and bad for you."

"What, and ice cream isn't bad for you? Double standards, dear," he grinned playfully, admiring the fact he was sat in his father's pride and joy, and the low rumbling sound at starting the engine immediately made him grin just that little wider. It was a dream he had had, to be able to sit in his father's expensive car, but driving it? It did seem like an actual dream. "He'll kill me, seriously-- you'd better stick up for me. My Dad's sorta... not my biggest fan lately. He's always liked Terry more. Terry is-- at least, he was big and buff and macho and all that. I was always a little feminine."​

"You're just permanently built like that, babe, don't get so down." She snorted, seeming like the type to just say "fuck it" to a car... Though she was actually quite careful with the expensive machine. Moving slowly to pull out, and following the speed limit, she offered the other a smile at the stop. "Jeez, I never pictured Terry to be buff."

"...It was a long time ago, before the accident," he breathed slowly, eyes glued on anything but Rudie, only to avoid her seeing his tearful eyes. He may claim that he didn't care about his big brother, but tears proved otherwise. "He was a gym nut, honestly. He was naturally muscular, and a total hottie. Like, every girl in school swooned for him-- and some of the guys. He still is handsome! I... I'll defend him 'til the end, but he's just a lot different. Seeing him all thin is... different."

He sighed quietly at that, biting and nibbling on his lip - the memory of his brother's accident was something that replayed itself a lot. "He'll get back to his old self when he can walk better. Then you'll see~"​

"Hm." Was her quiet response, her eyes locked on the road. "Yeah, I've seen him stumble a bit, y'know? Usually Rose is there to help, which is sweet... Though with her job now, and the whole stress of trying to live on her own, it's probably putting a lot of pressure on her. Terry definitely was worse when I first met him though, when it comes to walking, so that's good."

"It's just sad. I... I've seen him be so athletic his whole life, and to be reduced to this, it's horrible-- but he's alive. There was worry he'd die, halfling or not, so... the fact he's alive and not permanently brain damage is enough. He'll recover," he said sternly, and with enough determination to make that seem as believable as anything - it had been what Axel had always said strongly, and it did reflect within Seth too. "Anyway, this is so depressing," he huffed, lounging back with sunglasses now over his eyes. "I'm not someone who likes talking about this stuff, gosh. Let's talk about something fun, Rudie."​

"Like what?" She asked, obviously being more of a listener than a talker. It worked in her and Axel's relationship, usually listening to her boyfriend ramble on about things that stressed him while preferring to simply listen and take it in. "Whatcha got in mind?"

"We can talk about my adorable boyfriend again, and my love life? It's my favourite topic," he purred playfully, only realising that he was only in a shirt and boxers at the moment, and nervously held himself. Normally, he wasn't someone who cared about what people thought of his dress style - he had grown up through high school forever wearing odd little outfits, but now, he was just in a shirt. While it may have reached his knees, he was engaged, and he really didn't want Mark hearing about... this. Though frankly, he had no other choice. "...If I moved in with Mark, you'd all still want to be in my life, right?"​

"Well, yeah. You were the one who kicked us out, remember? Not the other way around..." She whispered, pulling up to the store with a yawn. "I mean, we barely ever see you anymore."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Uh, hello? I'm right here, Rudie. I'm sticking around for a bit-- not only because there's no hot water at Mark's apartment," he chuckled, even if that was a major factor, though how his boyfriend was going to cope without it was something he hadn't quite thought about, as selfishly as that seemed. "I'll be around so much you'll get sick of me, huh?"​

She snorted, her eyes rolling as she wandered up to the revolving door, having to be careful not to fuck up after a few drunken trips to the grocery store- a story Axel liked to tell far more often than she'd like. "Okay, let's see... Do you like toaster waffles?"

"I eat anything, I thought that was obvious," he grumbled, pressing as close as he could to try and keep his outfit noticed by anyone, the fact his hair remained uncombed and eyes with dark shadows underneath them only adding to the illusion -or truth- that he had rolled out of bed and come out to the store in quick succession. "After this, drop me around to Mark, alright? You can come in, have some coffee... you'd be the first to meet him! That's cool, right?"​

"We can't stay forever, though. I don't want the food going bad." She whispered, moving to the frozen food aisle to grab her favorite snacks, along with the promised food from the other five people sharing their home. Tossing them lightly into the cart, she then moved to the produce. "Oi, Axel told me you were this big food nut when you were younger. It's a bit of a weird transition, isn't it??"

Status
Not open for further replies.