The House On The Mountain

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, he hasn't told you all he's done then?" He murmured, a slight sneer in his tone as the part of him he had held down most his life, the vampiric maliciousness and brutality that he had always hated now rising to the surface again - it was this that was always on show when he had fed in the past few years, anyway.

Even now, when he knew it wasn't the nicest news for Rudie, he still felt a slight inject of joy that came with being so mean. "He's killed at least fifty people in his heyday. He was a serial flirt, too. Though when me and Terry were born, he did kick that all in, grew into this pathetic dweeb of a man. Then he met you and he's stayed reaaally boring. Like, he's a big dork, and he used to be pretty cool, apparently... He should just go killing again, at least he'd be fun."​

"Seth, shut the fuck up, okay? I get it, you want me to hate your father and see his flaws. The thing is, he doesn't act that way anymore. People can change, just like I believe YOU can change too! But I won't want tp help if you keep acting like a major dick."

"I'm not acting like anything," he grunted, completely refusing to acknowledge her rather truthful words, and instead stared out the window in his moment of continued childishness... until seeming to abruptly break out of it and peer at her with a surprisingly small, timid frown. "...Sorry, I... don't know why I said all that. I'm just tired, honestly."​

"So am I," She grumbled flatly, her eyes brimming with rare tears as she pulled up to the house. "Carry in the groceries, okay? I need to go to the bathroom..."

"I... didn't mean to upset you, Rudie! D-Don't tell anyone, please? I... I'm trying to get back Rose's trust, and Dad's, and... don't tell 'em?" He suddenly pleaded, moving to grab her hand in his own pale, small one in evident desperation, his own eyes now displaying signs of tears. "I know I'm a jerk."​

Spinning around in instinct from the sudden grip, she pursed his teeth in contemplation before letting out a sigh. "Yeah, sure. Whatever, Seth. But if you do some shit like that ever again, I WILL tell the family, okay? I don't appreciate you badmouthing your own father."

He smiled triumphantly at that, at least glad that she had agreed to keep quiet, though after the moment of triumph came understandable gratitude, moving inside once grabbing the bags as tight as he could to help her out. Usually he'd complain about having to endure doing that, but complaining didn't seem polite after all he had said to her that morning. "He badmouths me a lot too, mind... just saying."​

"Well, maybe he's just sort of mad at your actions." She muttered softly, looking away shyly. "Seriously."

"If he murdered someone, you'd protect him-- oh wait, he has murdered people," he muttered under his breath, trying not to be deliberately cruel, though it was a fact. Vampire or not, murder wasn't good, obviously. If he had gone out ad killed people, he'd be disowned in the bat of an eye, so knowing his father had and got away with it, blamed it on his nature, annoyed him deeply. "I'm going to see Rosemary, you can put the food away. You don't do much else around the house, let's be honest."​

"As if you'd know, Seth. You're never here." She replied with a sigh, shaking her head in utter disappointment. "Go and relax okay?"

"I'm sorry if I have a life, Rudie. I do more than hand out ice cream and flop around the house," he muttered again, deciding that before he said anything else out of order, which was likely given his recent record with his words and insults, he ought to hurry on out in search of Rosemary, only to grimace once eventually finding her but with Terry. He didn't care before if they had been friends, but now he was out on the sidelines -where he had sort of placed himself-, it did feel like he was being replaced. "...Ahem... I'm not interrupting, am I, hm?"​

The witch's smile instantly dropped once seeing the other, instead replaced with a frown. "...What do you want?" She whispered softly, "Don't you want to return to ruining someones life?"

"I'm trying to fit back in, Rose. I mean, I'm sorry and I want to try hard at being nice, so..." He sighed, fiddling awkwardly with his hands until Terry beckoned him in with an easily forgiving smile, the other moving to sit down beside his brother on the bed. "I make mistakes, simple as that. Bad ones, b-but I'm not gonna make 'em again, so relax, okay?"​

"It'll take more than just a sorry for me to forgive you. You fucked up, and you need to make something extreme."

"What do you expect me to do?" He asked flatly, not wanting to turn back into the hard, cold, completely irresponsible character, but there was only so many times he could try to apologise. Going around in circles wasn't his ideal. "Rosemary, I'm not going to stick my hand in fire to prove to you I'm sorry, or shower you in gifts. I... you tell me then. What do I do?!"​

"I just want you to not be a selfish dick. You're always focusing on yourself, you need to prove that you can be compassionate."

"...Oh, can I come to the school with you? I'm ace with kids, and that'll show you I can be compassionate," he grinned. It wasn't the wisest decision if his past and recent behaviour was anything to go by, but it was a fact that Seth had a soft spot for children, and it did seem that it would show he could be compassionate. "Come on, please? I'll be good, promise~"​

"And if you fuck up?" She countered, "I cant just let you fail withouy punishment."

"If I fuck up at the school... you can burn the pictures of my Mom? not that you would you're too sweet," he smiled, only having three pictures of his mother: one by herself, one with Axel when the two had spent the night together at the bar and fallen head over heels for each other, and one Axel had decided to take when she had given birth to Seth, only moments before she had complications and died - mostly because of giving birth to a halfling. Axel, at that time, had cared very little -he wasn't that mature at the time- but he had kept the photos, likewise with Terry's mother. "It does show you I... I'm serious though. I won't fuck this up, Rose."​

Letting out a soft exhale, she eased back and peered up at the ceiling. "Fine. If you're willing to burn a picture of your mom, I know you're serious... I just want you to get better."

Status
Not open for further replies.