The House On The Mountain

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...We've been together five months; engaged for a month," he whispered softly, realising how bad it did sound but if they did love each other, it wasn't a problem. At least, it hadn't been until Rudie unintentionally placed doubts in his head. "I... hmph, we'll talk about it later, alright? My Dad talked about engagement not long after meeting you, i don't see a difference."​

"Don't overthink it, okay?" She sighed, "Just relax. You look like you're going to pop a vein over this or something, seriously!"

"Because this is the guy I wanna build a LIFE with, Rudie! I've been with so many bad guys, and the one man I think is perfect could be just as dodgy," he grimaced, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand angrily. "Let's just go home, okay? Jeez."​

"Sounds fine by me. Can you carry some of the bags?" She asked, hitching them onto her rather strong arms as she wandered towards the car. "Be careful with the stuff in the trunk, okay? I've got some breakables back there."

"Don't you wanna just quit your job? I mean, take this the right way, but you can do a lot more than just serve out ice cream. You're strong, you could work doing something using that. Or you could do something more fun-- Dad says on the phone to me you always moan about the kids in there," he stated as he reached feebly for the bags, whining immediately at the weight... even if he was a halfling, and ultimately somewhat stronger than most vampires themselves. "Ugh... if not, can you get me a job there? I need the cash."​

"Yeah, but why would I miss getting free icecream?" She teased, placing the things in the car carefully. "I could probably get you a job there. I honestly don't really want to work, period. But hey, if I gotta do it, I'll do it where I can get something sweet out of it- like ice cream."

"Hey, you have to work. Gosh, don't be lazy, hm? I mean, only time you'll get away not working is if you get knocked up, but hey, doubt that'll happen. My Dad doesn't want more kids, right?" He smiled easily, believe that to be the truth really as he clambered into the car tiredly, curling up automatically in the seat. "Ugh, just drive fast, alright? I wanna get home and just... talk t' Rose I guess."​

"Remember you gotta cook tonight," She laughed, starting up the car slowly before heading down the highway. "I REFUSE to cook tonight, seriously. I've worked too gosh dang hard in that kitchen."

"Problem is, I can't cook," he snorted, the truth of that something he was happy to admit before he got around to cooking - they all needed to be warned beforehand that he was awful. "I burn stuff a lot. I mean, I burned an egg. A boiled egg. Do you know how hard that is, Rudie? I... hmph, you can at least have the decency to help your lovely future step-son~"​

She groaned, "Fine, I'll like... Watch, okay? I'll make sure you don't set anything on fire, okay? Or make anything toxic. But you can do everything else, I've got a cookbook you can borrow if you'd like."

"Sure, that'd be pretty cool," he smiled appreciatively, even if he did have this irrational fear Rosemary would just refuse to eat what he made. He knew, deep down, she wasn't that childish... but he felt she hated him, and because of that, would she really sit down for a meal he had made? He didn't really have any hopes, anyway. "Ah... I'll just make meat and veg, something easy."​

"You're that bad of a cook?" She teased, "If you plan to live with your fiance, you need to know how to eat. I mean, outside of just raw humans, that is. You guys need actual food, like fruits and grains. Jeez."

"...I don't eat humans, gosh. Just feed from them," he corrected flatly, folding his arms over his chest in a show of defiance against her judging statements. "And fruit's awful. I used to like it, but honestly, it's too sweet. I prefer meat, and... well, blood, aha... But I'm TRYING to cut down now, alright?"​

"So you do eat humans." She countered, rubbing her eyes wearily as she drove down the street. "I'm gonna go home, lay down, and relax... I think I deserve to take it easy on my day off, hm?"

"Not fully," he snapped, glaring out the window. What was dubiousness over Mark quickly became anger at Rudie for placing said thoughts in his head, and much like a child, the refusal to even glance at her continued for a few seconds... until peering back at her with a stern frown. "Do what you want, I'm not your boss."​

"Oi, I'm just talking out loud here." She murmured, her attempt to talk to the other fizzling out as she drove in silence. She wasn't a big fan of talking anyway, so she honestly didn't mind keepinh her lips shut

"You talk too much. Like voicing your non-useful opinions on my boyfriend. I ought to trust him. You just think he's dodgy because he isn't some drug taking loser. Can't I do better than that?" He muttered sharply, his bitterness over his doubts being taken out on Rudie, not that he meant any of it, however. "Honestly, just... leave him alone, okay?"​

"Fine." She replied flatly, her grip in the wheel tightening as she drove on. "I told you, I'm indifferent to your boyfriend, Seth. I just want what's best for you, and if that's that guy then fine. Don't get all pissy at me."

"If you were a nicer person, I wouldn't get pissy at you," he responded swiftly with a soft snort, arms folded and gaze locked out of the window in a display like a child, as was his behaviour in the recent moments. "Do you want me to tell you all the horrible stuff my Dad's done? He's not a saint, he's dodgy as hell, Rudie."​

Replying wiyh a shrug, she shot him a glance. "I think the fact that he's a vampire is pretty dodgy in itself."

Status
Not open for further replies.