The House On The Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Because it's sickening. My father's old, he shouldn't have more kids," he scoffed irritably, his lip curling in clear annoyance that the mere comment on children, of which he thought Rudie wasn't even up for, had become this big debate and one that he saw she was serious about. He hadn't thought she would be, but evidently, he cast her in a different light to one she was in. "And I don't wanna be fucking pushed aside. Terry's the golden child. He fell down a mountain, and now everyone loves him. If I fell down a mountain, you'd all throw a celebratory party."​

".... Do you honestly think that?" She whispered, her face contorting in horror as she held the bowl of flower. "Seth, no one would do that. You matter to us just as much as Terry does, don't EVER think you're not important to us!"

"Everyone seems pretty pissed at me. I don't think they'd care if I disappeared off the face of the Earth," he admitted with a shrug. The woman would be his stepmother pretty soon, if the wedding was going to happen in a few months, and when that occurred, it would be official that she was a mother figure of sorts to him - something he had lacking in all his years alive. He had mostly been surrounded by male figures, so Rudie was someone he had to grow used to.

But he did like her a lot, and every cruel thing he said, even as early as minutes ago, he immediately regretted.

"I dunno... I just wanna fit back in, and if you had kids, I'd get pushed aside, 'cause I'm not your blood and stuff."​

"I mean, I still care for you Seth." She replied, placing a few now finished pancakes on a plate for him. "You still eat human food, right? Anywho, just because you're not my baby doesn't mean I don't want to take care of you. You're my friend, if anything, and I wanna see you be happy... "

"It's obvious why you're dating my father. You're as soppy as he is," he mumbled, albeit with a smile on his face that at least helped to diffuse whatever tension he had created from earlier, peeking down at the plate of pancakes with a small sigh. "Of course I can eat human food, silly. I never stop eating, to be honest. Mark says I'm like a pig, really..."​

"Mark's your boyfriend, right?" She whispered, plating herself some food while pouring some coffee for herself. "Hm, jeez, I haven't seen you over in so long, I didn't know if you started to just drink blood or something. I can't find out what you're eating at all times, hmph."

"Mm, Mark's my fiancé. See, not only you can get engaged," he snorted playfully, tugging into the plate of pancakes to at least show her he wasn't just dependent on blood and nothing else to feed him. He did eat a lot, which wasn't wise when he and Mark literally struggled day in, day out just to have food and the basics to survive. In fact, when Seth had slept with someone for money, that was literally only to have money to pay for electric, and not for drugs as Terry had wrongly assumed. "You should meet him, Rudie. He's... lovely. A real gentleman~ I've said this to everyone, but... not everyone believes me."​

"Well, I'll have to talk to Axel about it. It IS his house, after all, but I do kinda want to meet him. Curiosity, I suppose. Now, is he human? Or some werewolf or whatnot?" She snorted, giggling as she took a sip of the fresh coffee.

"I normally don't talk about my boyfriend to anyone but Rose, but given she hates my guts, you'll have to endure all of my gushes now. You'll be my stepmom soon, so get used to it," he grinned, even if there wasn't much difference in terms of their ages - it was a reason he hoped to make Rudie a close friend of his. Sure, it would be hard replacing Rosemary... but he liked Rudie a lot, and she wasn't a replacement. She was genuinely someone he did like that also happened to be the woman his father loved.

"Mark's a werewolf. A really big, buff, handsome werewolf," he cooed playfully, his eye glittering as he bashfully let his cheeks brighten pink. "He's adorable, honestly. He's all big and manly, but he goes to this art class to help these deaf kids paint. He's a good guy. Don't know what he sees in me, but I'm trying to be a good guy now. For him and everyone here."​

"Maybe you should try working on making Rose feel okay about you again?" She suggested, adjusting her engagement ring with a hum. "I mean... From what I remember, you two were stuck together like glue. I'm sure she's just upset that, that friendship is broken. Just... Take it slow, you know? Friendships won't get fixed in a day, hon. Nothing does."

"Of course we were. We were best friends, not just cousins," he mumbled, biting on his lips anxiously before growing distracted and finally returning to his food, though even that lasted a mere moment when he couldn't help thinking about Rose. He missed her terribly, and he did just want to reconnect with her before he eventually married. He wanted to be friends again, and do all their quirky things together that only they understood. "...I dunno. It seems too far gone to salvage it now."​

"Seems like you don't put much hope into your cousin, then." She replied, simply shrugging as she finished off her coffee. "I can't tell you what you can and can't do, Seth. But I can tell you what you should do, and I say just to keep trying you know?"

"Oh, you're not my mother, shut up," he chuckled, using that as a mechanism not to just let the stress of everything show. Of course it was stressful, trying to form a friendship with Rosemary after a rather major period of not talking or having that much friendly contact with one another. "...I guess I'll try to get it sorted then."​

"Please do," She smiled, rubbing the sleep from her eyes before snatching the now empty plates. "I'm heading to the grocery store, need anything? I might as well get something for you while I'm out too, if you plan on staying for awhile."

"Can I come with you? I might buy some stuff for Mark," he decided - and anything was better than staying home and inevitably seeing Rose and Terry head down for breakfast, especially when they were closer than ever and he was pushed out. Sure, he may have caused himself to be pushed out onto the peripheral, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt hen he saw them together, which happened to be more frequent as of late.​

"If you don't mind me cursing out people in the store for being fucking idiots?" She laughed, "Honestly, it's way too early to deal with their shit. People need to keep their kids at home this early..."

"I thought you liked children. You'd better get used to them if you want them one day," he snorted, easing back as he rolled the sleeves of Terry's shirt up quietly, his eyes glittering with a smile akin to how he had been before the bad behaviour had kicked in. "I love kids, believe it or not. They're adorable-- so if you do have them, I won't be a bad brother or whatever, you know? I'd love to be a big brother~ I'd like a sister, if you can make that happen."​

"I love kids, but I hate other people's kids. I work at an ice cream shop! Imagine all of thw annoying little shits who come in, you know? My children wouldn't be like that." She reassured.

"So if ever I adopted, you'd hate my kid?" He grinned, rather enjoying himself simply teasing her - it was the basis of their relationship, at least. "Because Mark was talking about it when we get some money together and stuff, you know. I'd be a great father, when I get my act together, aha."​

"Hey, if you're kid's bratty, I might just refuse them ice cream." She reolied with another one of her notorious snorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.