The House On The Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Can't I just come sleep beside you?" He asked awkwardly, fiddling with his hands out of nervousness - though why he was nervous, even he couldn't really pinpoint. Perhaps the fumbling was more habitual now than anything else. "Unless you're sleeping beside Archer, I mean... I get that. Besides, I know I'm old enough to sleep alone, it's just... you're the only one who likes me right now, and I hate sleeping alone. I would go share with Rose, but... obviously that ain't gonna happen. Pigs will fly first."​

"Well, Archer IS over... But it's fine. I've got a big enough bed, and you know neither of us really move when we're in our sleep states." He replied, shuffling towards the bedroom with another sleepy yawn. "Get dressed into something else, though. You're covered in dirt, and I don't want my sheets getting that on them!"

"I'll borrow one of my brother's shirts," he shrugged easily, only really recognising his dirty state the second the other commented on it, frowning to himself at realising that he was probably, in appearance, far different than he had been. In that moment, he did rather crave some of his old clothes, but wouldn't that come across as trying to hard?

Part of Seth's personality was to worry and analyse things far out of context, and right now, did simply opt to fetch one of Terry's old interview shirts, arriving back with it on - expectantly, it was far too big, with the sleeves hanging over his hands and reaching his knees. Smiling quietly, he clambered onto the bed with a small yawn, having washed the dry blood from his chin and appeared in that moment nothing more than a sleepy young teenager - he had always looked far younger than he actually was.

"So, you and Archer," he started quietly, stretching out as far as he could -which wasn't that much- before climbing under the covers. "Are you dating~?"​

Facing the other in bed, he offered a shy smile and a flustered giggle from the response. "Well... I suppose. But we're going slow, y'know? I don't want to feel pressured to do anything, especially with how sick I've been, and he says he doesn't want to rush me. We k-kiss, of course, but nothing really... sexual. I like it this way, but I sort of feel bad, too..." He babbled, his hand reaching for Archer's under the sheets.,

"I'm just glad you're happy, honestly," he admitted, peering across Milli at the dozing vampire and, as much as he had always disliked Archer from stories his father had told him from back in the day, he couldn't hate him if he made Milli happy and was such a nice person anyway. He wasn't malicious, or cruel like Axel had said all those years, but he was goofy and kind and he didn't give Milli a bad time.

That was enough for Seth to be satisfied, the halfling resting back on the pillows with a contented grin. "It's cute, really. I like him a lot. I think he's really nice and he's good for you, Milli~"​

"You think so? That... Means a lot to me, Seth. I always feel like the person I'm dating is my soulmate, then they go and prove otherwise, y'know? Its disheartening, to say the least, but Archer's the first guy who came back. He's the first guy who genuinely wanted to take it slow, not because they thought I'd get hurt, but because I wanted to."

"He's not a bad guy, huh?" He cooed, more than happy just to accept Archer and silently settled down - although quietly frowned to himself. He liked Mark, his boyfriend, but nobody was willing to even get to know him when Mark wasn't really that bad a guy. He went to college, he wanted to get on the straight and narrow, and the first time he had allowed Seth to make love with a guy for money, he had instantaneously forbade him from doing it again.

Yet his own misdoings had somewhat clouded everyone's impressions of what his boyfriend would be like, when truth was, Mark was a practical gentleman.

"...Nobody really cares about my soulmate, Milli," he sighed in admission, pouting deeper as he did realise he wasn't cuddled up beside his boyfriend as he usually was. "I want to bring him over for dinner..."​

"Well, from the horror stories your brother told me... I don't know if that would be a good idea." He admitted, his own fluttering smile fading fast. "If you invite him over, you need to promise me he doesn't do anything dumb. And... And no sex under this roof, okay? I'll talk to Axel about it, and I'd love to meet him, but we do need to discuss it."

"It just annoys me that Mark's being judged based on what I've been doing. I'm the one on drugs, I'm the one who has been stealing and behaving like a lunatic. Mark's studying to be a vet, Milli," he sighed, feeling beyond guilty for having tainted his boyfriend like this. The two were binary opposites at the moment, but who was going to believe Mark was a nice guy unless they met him? "I promise you'll love him, I mean... He's the sweetest guy. He didn't even want to have sex before marriage, but... I sorta convinced him-- that's by the by. I promise it'll be great~!"​

"It better," He scolded playfully, letting out a weary yawn as he pressed his cheek against the pillow. Tugging his blanket up to his nose, as he always did before bed to block as much sun as possible, Milli was out like a light before the other could even respond. That was emphasized by the soft breathing of the now essentially comatose uncle.

On the other hand, the younger vampire stayed up even when the sun peeked up, for the fact he as a halfling and didn't have to sleep through the day, yet he had even prepared to. Nonetheless, he climbed out of bed in clear disarray with his horrible sleeping habits - he had spent most of the last month with non-existent sleep, having been out in town and drinking himself into oblivion, so sleep was never really an option.

Passing out through drunkenness, on the other hand, had become natural.

Silently trailing out of the room, he knew only three people would be awake: his brother, Rudie and Rose, and neither seemed like a viable option for company.​

Of course, it was the familiar voice of the human woman that rang through the house. Her usually, cheerful humming always filling the home in the morning as she started up an early breakfast for the halflings and Rose. Once spotting Seth, she offered a small smile while starting up the oven. "Oi, good morning Seth. Hungry? I think I'm going to make waffles with hashbrowns."

"And why are you bothering being nice to me? From what I hear, you want to turn my bedroom into a weight room. Well, my Dad does, but you're dating him, so I'm guessing you're just letting him do what he wants," he remarked as he took a quiet seat at the table. He liked Rudie, she was perfect for his father, but that didn't mean he was prepared to let his bitterness go unnoticed with what he thought was a joint decision about his bedroom. "I'm sure you just want to see the back of me and Terry, settle down with my dad and pop out a few kids of your own, hm?"​

"Well, I would love a pair f kids on my own, but that doesn't mean I don't love you or Seth." She replied softly, her hands moving quickly to grab the right ingredients. "Why can't I be nice to you? I don't have to, if that's how you really see me, but I think I deserve to be nice to you."

"You know my mother died given birth to me. And Terry's died giving birth to him," he started softly, a slightly malicious smile marking his features. While he had promised to be good, try and get back to how he used to be, the slight sadistic side he was showing at the moment compromised and contradicted any chance he had of showing his family he could be nice again. "You're human. You'll probably die in childbirth too, Rudie. So, it's only nice of me to offer that, if ever you should get pregnant, I'll just come along and beat the brat out of you. How about that~? I'm such a lovely stepson, aye?"​

Her cheerful whistling stopped as the other spoke, her eyes locked on the scrambled eggs. "... Seth, can you please leave the kitchen? I don't want to get mad at you, I'm not in the mood. So... G-Go watch TV, or leave...."

"I think I have more reason to be here than you-- don't get mad. I just don't want to see you die giving birth, Rudie," he drawled casually, searching in the fridge for one of his father's hidden beer cans and calmly cracked it open - again, it hardly held any hope for him changing his habits, particularly his growing dependency on alcohol in replacement of drugs. "You know I like you. My Dad loves you. I don't wanna see you just... die."​

"That's not your choice, is it?" She snapped, the acidic tone the other used only making her more upset, whether or not the other meant to or not didn't matter. Clearing her throat, she remained calm once again and continued her cooking. "I appreciate it, Seth, but if I want to have a child, then it's Axel and my decision."

He may have played on the fact that he was looking out for her, which in a way he was, but deeper than that, he detested the thought of gaining any more siblings, and if she was dead set on it, he wouldn't do the mature thing and just let her and his father get on with it, but would take matters into his own hands.

Axel was a lovely father now, but when Seth was a child, he had done nothing really fatherly for him, so why should some new kid have a fantastic childhood when Seth's had been far from perfect? It was jealousy, he knew that, but he was too immature to really care. "So you're happy to die are you? You're a fool, Rudie."​

"Milli and Axel told me about their parents, how their father turned their mother and had children then. That's what he'll do, he'll change me before we have children, so no one gets hurt in the process. Why are you acting so childish about this? This is our choice, not yours Seth. I don't know why you're so bitter about the whole idea?"

Status
Not open for further replies.