Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. [Player Created] [I'll add the name of the thing if it's made]

• 6. [Player Created] [I'll add the name of the thing if it's made]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and just so you all know, the old roleplaying site I was on on average would write longer posts compared to Iwaku so I might have a tendency to write obnoxiously long posts so I'm sorry if my posts start to become too chunky and feel free to tell me to tone it down a bit if it becomes obnoxiously wordy because I have a feeling I will need it to get accustomed to roleplays here on Iwaku.

Posted!

Poor Justifier, Virginia was kind of mean to him.

Whoa, @Kirra, my old site was all short posts, and now I have to cope with Iwaku posts. I can't imagine even longer ones XD

Haha, truth be told that was my shortest posts in months. My average post lingers easily around 2000 words but I've written longer due to my rambling. Although it was a collab with quite a few people (okay pretty much the whole roleplay, we were doing a timeskip) my current max amount of words was just shy of 10,000 words. Oh course quality is much better than quantity (as it should be) but I have a tendency to be a bit wordy and ramble. Luckily the old roleplaying forum was split apart by length instead of genre so I had a bit of grace due to that. However that is there and here is different so I'll do my best not to go too overboard.

EDIT: On a side note, how do you tag someone. Do you just put the '@' sign in front of the person's name?

Hmm, let me test this out...

@Dr.Forrest

EDIT AGAIN: Ohh! It worked! That's great to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The robots and I are probably going to break out separately. Also, I say we break out in a car that someone made into a boat.

EDIT: Still getting used to the whole layout of this forum.

Posted!

Poor Justifier, Virginia was kind of mean to him.

The Justifier don't mind! He can take the abuse!

Also, just so this is clear, the sensors aren't really used to scan areas, but more of scan and read people. Is that alright, @ajwilli1?

Haha, truth be told that was my shortest posts in months. My average post lingers easily around 2000 words but I've written longer due to my rambling. Although it was a collab with quite a few people (okay pretty much the whole roleplay, we were doing a timeskip) my current max amount of words was just shy of 10,000 words. Oh course quality is much better than quantity (as it should be) but I have a tendency to be a bit wordy and ramble. Luckily the old roleplaying forum was split apart by length instead of genre so I had a bit of grace due to that. However that is there and here is different so I'll do my best not to go too overboard.
EDIT: On a side note, how do you tag someone. Do you just put the '@' sign in front of the person's name?
Hmm, let me test this out...
EDIT AGAIN: Ohh! It worked! That's great to know.
I'm fine with the wordy posts. I actually kinda like them.

I know my posts are a bit on the short side of things, but I don't want to bore anyone describing how one of the pillars looks to be very cracked.

My main problem currently with writing, is the repetition aspect when describing the environment. It feels like I'm doing to many "and(s)".

Oh man, I forgot to check a post and suddenly I missed 2 pages of stuff D:

Anyways, I imagine my character (who will go by whatever you guys end up calling "her") will be the sort of out there one, but in a kinda endearing way. Or a very annoying way. Depends.

Whoops, I dun goofed and forgot to watch this. I'll go read what I missed and then post.

Posted. I was gone most of the day, but I'm here now! Anyone else online?

Reactions: Maximoff
I'm online! :)

@ajwilli1 - during the riot/escape, can I write in that Vanessa kills James pleeeease? ^^,

Woo glad I'm not the only one! Shall we conduct small talk or...:bitelip:

Why not! Haha. So, I see you applied for Nullus Sanctus! What race/soul/monster did you end up making? :)

Oh! I'm a human soul by the name of Ryan Heart. He's one of my favorite characters I've created by far. :)

Did you sign up? If so, what race/soul/monster are you playing as?

I'm fine with the wordy posts. I actually kinda like them.
I know my posts are a bit on the short side of things, but I don't want to bore anyone describing how one of the pillars looks to be very cracked.
My main problem currently with writing, is the repetition aspect when describing the environment. It feels like I'm doing to many "and(s)".
Unless the pillars have some divine powers that makes kings and overlords grovel at its majestic beauty or is important for the roleplay (foreshadowing, key item, etc.), there shouldn't be a reason to write an enormous description about that (unless you're more interesting in starting up a dick waving contest instead of writing, I've seen it happen).

Yeah, repetition is a hard thing to get out of. I have a tendency of repetitive funk at times, especially when I'm tired.

Oh and if it isn't obvious, I'm around too! I do have a question though, do most roleplays here on Iwaku move at this speed or will things slow down a little once we progress. Ah wow, I haven't seen this much action so quickly in a while in the IC, granted in one of my other roleplays we are constantly talking on skype (do you guys do that here? Sorry about all these questions, I'm still trying to learn the general feel of this place).

I'm used to more fast pace RPs. This is actually painfully slow in my opinion. In the RP I GM I have a group chat so I can check on the players and she what's going on and try to get things moving. I try to get as much done as possible so I don't bore myself.

Oh crap, I'll have to make sure I keep tabs on this with my phone then.

I'm currently in one other roleplays with a round taking up to two weeks between my own posts while the one I GM (which is far more active with Skype, TitanPad and such) takes a week to get a round in but fluctuates depending on everyone's availability. Both are in the 8-9 month range and still is going strong so I can't complain. Haha I guess I'll have to step up my game though.

Saw your post @Lorknis , I'll reply soon!

And yeah, Kirra. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea!

I'm certainly flexible on how fast paced an RP can be. In DAPPPER, I get about 1-2 posts a day but in the old Highway, we could fit in about 50-90 posts.

Oh wow, hopefully I'll be able to keep up! I've never even imagined having 50-90 IC posts to read! Haha I don't even know if I can hash out everything and work out all the kinks and plot details in my post that quickly. It'll be interesting to see. I have a thing against using my phone for IC posts due to a love/mostly hate relationship between the two of us. Haha I guess I'll have to get over that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.