Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. [Player Created] [I'll add the name of the thing if it's made]

• 6. [Player Created] [I'll add the name of the thing if it's made]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving these new players, ya'll are great.

Nick, I loved "Nick" (the character) with your new found RP abilities he'll probably have more character and personality then before. Besides ole' Duncan is in the RP and seeing you two have your bromance would be amazing for the RP.

Alright with that out of the way:

1. People still can sign-up into the RP and then dropped into said RP depending on what they want.

2. I will ask you guys what kind of opening would you guys like, I'll write three options. But feel free to suggest more then one.

Love the backstory for Virginia, the parasite can be removed from the (spine and/or infected ligaments) but it's normally a crapshoot.

Any idea when we'll begin? I'm really excited for this.

Time for me to try an actual douche character! As in, that guy who starts shit and is often the center of arguments when it comes to things like 'mercy' and 'quick deaths.'

I'll probably use some of his traits but change around a few things and such.

Dr. Forrest said:
Dr. Forrest: Time for me to try an actual douche character! As in, that guy who starts shit and is often the center of arguments when it comes to things like 'mercy' and 'quick deaths.'
Yes! Someone to replace my psychotic Rhodri!

Name: Allen Montirgony
Race: Human
Appearance: Standing at a nice 5'10", Allen has messy black hair and brown eyes. Except, his left eye is missing. He is tough and fairly quick. His left and right arm boast some strange spaced metal plating design attached to leather. (Think about Dead Space 1 and Issac's arm when he has the suit on).
Wearing: Metal jaw-plated balaclava, eye patch, green t-shirt, chest rig, jeans, holster, knee pads, and boots.

Inventory: AR-15 with a bayonet on the end, a few magazines of 5.56, Glock 19, a few magazines of 9mm, a lighter, and a utility knife.
Armor: Metal jaw-plated balacava, chest rig, ribbed(?) arm guards, knee pads, and boots.

Skills: Cooking, speech, and first aid.
Traits: Eagle eye, missing an eye, optimist, heavy drinker,
Backstory: Previously a medic in the military, the cataclysm has brought his spirits down to a crawl and is coming back to drinking his problems away. He seems like a nice person on the survace, but his scars tell otherwise.

Can I join please? I'll get my sheet up within an hour and a half? :)

Like AJ said, join whenever you want, it's open even when the RP is happening.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Vanessa Bishop
"She's our own personal cat-trap."

Female | Human
Twenty-Four years of age

Vanessa weighs in at around 112lbs and stands at 5'4", the perfect height for somebody of her particular skill set. Like her mother, and her grandmother, Vanessa has dark brunette hair that tends to stop growing when it reaches just below her chest; she gets the loose waviness from her father's side of the family, but that's where her genetic inheritance seems to end. Unlike the rest of her family, Vanessa has a physically slender physique that contains a healthy balance of body fat and muscle. Though not granting her with the strength she would one day like to acquire, her muscles have improved tremendously over the last several months and have given her an otherwise rarely seen appearance since the events of the Storm. Arching eyebrows sit atop naturally brown eyes that deceivingly give Vanessa an otherwise 'innocent' look, and her high-cheek bones and dainty limbs only contribute to that. Vanessa's lips are naturally plump and defined by a perfectly curved cupid's bow, but somewhat dampened by her use of language and sarcastic retorts.
Vanessa wears clothes that she usually finds on the bodies of the dead. Currently she dons a piece of tattered body armour that has clearly been fired at; it consists of a padded vest to deter bullets from piercing her and zip in the centre to allow for breathing room (it's very tight, think scuba gear without the legs or anything below the waist). Beneath that is a tank top, which actually did belong to her and combat trousers of a beige colouring that are tucked into a pair of motorcycle boots she was lucky enough to loot.
INVENTORY
x. Flashlight, two batteries and a third within the f'light
x. Thermal Wire, found shortly after the Storm began

x. Dual Pistols, numerous bullets
x. Canteen(s), four, three stolen from her now dead friends
x. Nuts, stolen from the bodies of her dead friends

SKILLS
Vanessa's skills lie solely within the fact that she is small, flexible and very agile. Her main defense against those that would harm her is her speed, in which she has plenty. She is able dodge a number of blows before tiring which she uses to her advantage, every muscle-head trigger happy looter as to get tired sometime, right? Vanessa is also good at climbing, a somewhat capable shot (dead god do not give her a machine gun or ask her to fire a rifle, she'll probably shoot you) and is able to operate manual vehicles. Vanessa also has some fighting capability which is where she has the advantage, having been trained by a marine (see her back story), she is capable of Krav Maga and various complicated maneuvers (think Black Widow fight from Iron Man 2) that makes her a fierce hand-to-hand combatant.
TRAITS
+ | Realist, Survivalist Instincts, Loyal
- | Morally Grey, Un-trusting, Impulsive, Stubborn

Vanessa was found months after the Storm began by Martin Halston, a marine nearing his late forties. He was the leader of a gang that looted and bullied the weak, though their lifestyle was seemingly envious in the months of the second year. He was ruthless and though he wasn't cold to those he cared for, even they knew that he was merciless. Martin saw something within Vanessa that allowed her to become a part of their group, subsequently saving her from a fate worse than death at the hands of Martin's lackeys.
Martin taught Vanessa how to protect herself and it seemed as though she was a natural, even going as far as to teach herself several maneuvers. Despite being forced to contribute to some of the killing, Vanessa was thankful for Martin and the others having her back; she ate well and nobody was trying to kill her. It was soon after that, that Martin convinced Vanessa to act as bait for unsuspecting passersby; she would lure them in and Martin and the others would murder them. He'd labelled her his own little cat-trap; something Vanessa despised.
Eventually a rival group ended up gaining the upper hand in a battle against Martin and he was killed almost instantly, leaving Vanessa and her allies to fend for themselves. The rival group eventually killed those she called her friends but she was long gone, having anticipated that retaliation would be suicide. Now she wanders alone, stealing food when she can in hopes of making it to the safe haven she's heard of.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
((Copied almost exactly from the old thread. I added descriptions for all the bionics, for those who don't play Cataclysm. He will be very useful later, as he can power most electronics as well as fixing the car we're driving.))

Name: The Prodigy
Background: He's the son of the CEO of a bionics company. When he was very young, he wandered out into the street an got hit by a car. His parents gave him the best care, and of course, the best bionics. When he grew up a little more, he showed an interest in the bionics that had saved his life. He taught himself how bionics worked and even learned enough surgery to install them himself. He has a lot of passive bionics to replace the functions he lost in the accident. He also has a bunch of other bionics that he installed himself, some that he even designed.
Description: Pale and thin from staying in his workshop, with grimy clothes and an odd look to his piercing blue eyes.

Inventory: t-shirt, jeans, jacket, backpack, water bottle, bionic gubbins, first aid kit
Skills: [Expert Surgeon] [Expert Mechanic] [Master Electrician]
Traits: [Weak] [Pale] [Savant] [Light Eater] [Fast Reader]

Passive Bionics: Integrated Toolset (hands contain every tool you can think of), Enhanced Hearing, Joint Torsion Ratchet (moving generates bionic power), Superalloy Skeleton (bones cannot be broken), Enhanced Capacitors (can absorb electricity to charge power banks)
Active Bionics: Metabolic Interchange (bionic power in exchange for food), Blood Analysis (can read chemicals in blood), Blood Filter (untargeted blood filter), Finger-Mounted Laser, Fingerhack (can access electronics through a USB port), Internal UPS (some complex electronics run on a Unified Power System, and these devices can be powered from bionic power banks), Leukocyte Breeder System (can stimulate the rapid development of immune cells, curing most diseases), Electroshock Unit (can deliver an electric shock from the hand or a metal instrument), Advanced Repair Nanobots (nanobots repair the body and bionics, except this version is able to be targeted), Experimental Jetpack (limited and unreliable flight)

((He's less OP when you realize he's useless in combat.))

EDIT: ((DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN son, I'm the only one who knows how to make/repair/upgrade bionics/robots, in a group full of cyborgs and robots. Kickass, I'll be the medic like I was last thread.))

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Alright. I'll start either tonight or tomorrow!

In the meantime, how'd you guys like to open?

1. You start in your old homebase that's located just off the coast of Queens, New York. You mysteriously get a boat that has just enough room for all the players, you guys do whatever you want from there.

2. You start enslaved by the Bandits that are located in Times Square. The place is like a large scale warcamp/town where the salvage economy is run by slaves (you guys) that are forced to deep sea dive into the waters to scavenge the once usable New York Streets. You either escape stealthy or cause a uprising, or something else.

3. You all start in a town that's been built into the shipwrecked remains of a cargo ship. There's some food that's produced by fishing and small greenhouse farms, plenty of housing (cargo containers are used as buildings/houses) and entertainment; and is heavily guarded by a local militia armed to the teeth with SWAT gear.

4. [Players Choice... Make another option and I'll add it to the poll.]

Note: New York and the whole of the East Coast is heavily flooded, whole streets are now at the new "Sea Level" and are packed with coral beds and kelp beds. Mountains and skyscrapers are similar to small islands, and boats are the main form of transportation. It's like most of the East Coast just fell into the ocean.

Hm, I like 3, guessing that that town is near New York.

Name: Tia Harris
Appearance: Standing at the height of 5'1", Tia is not a person that is visually intimidating especially considering her build which is slightly leaner and toned compared to before all hell broke loose but not by much. With her light brown hair just long enough to be tied in a bun or ponytail and bangs barely long enough to stay behind her ears while working, she is rarely seen with her hair down. Being a jeans and t-shirt type of person, Tia has stuck to her habits only adding a good pair of hiking shoes and a jacket that she is currently in the process of modifying.

Inventory: Backpack, two notebooks with one partially filled with data collected over the past two years, pens, packaged food for Tia and Annie (two days worth), water bottle with filter straw, a pair of CB radios (two AA batteries required for each), handheld flashlight (two AA batteries required), solar powered battery charger and eight rechargeable AA batteries, wristwatch, stolen handmade electrical railgun (accuracy 80% not counting human error), sewing set

Armor: A large fitting jacket with metal of varying thicknesses, sizes and quality sewn between the layers of her jacket. Currently the outer right side and the outer forearm of the left is completed although gaps are still present to allow mobility and such.

Skills: Scientific Knowledge, Resourceful

Traits: Observant, Quick Witted, Hard Worker
Stubborn, Willing to Sacrifice Everything for Annie, Bad Liar

Backstory: Raised in a city a little over an hour away from Seattle, Tia was relieved to leave the northwest the first chance she was able to after graduating high school. Leaving with nothing more than a backpack filled with her belongings and a vow to her parents that she would never return, Tia moved to the east coast to live with her older brother and his wife while attending a university nearby. Working hard to get a degree in the science field, Tia graduated with a master's degree with a job already waiting for her. Although she was not a part of the group that was working on the portals her superiors had friendly relations with those involved and when the portals started to appear, her superiors were asked to investigate a nearby portal. As a last minute decision Tia was brought along although she was new and knew very little about the portals due to being understaffed that day. By the time they arrived though the situation was already out of hand and chaos took over the city. Half the team was lost that day but Tia was one of the lucky few that escaped. Sticking with her brother Keith, his wife and their young daughter after that event the four of them worked hard surviving together. However that wasn't enough as conditions started to get harder to survive in. It has been three months since Keith's death which was shortly followed by his wife's unsettling death a week later. Since then Tia has been doing her best to keep Annie alive, even if that mean breaking the vow she made years ago.

Name: Annie Harris
Appearance: Standing at 4'2", Annie isn't far from average compared to females her age. Her short blonde hair is straight and is long enough to almost align with her chin. She has on tennis shoes and although she wishes she could wear a dress or a skirt, she is often found in pants and a t-shirt since Tia tells her that is is more practical. Annie usually keeps her mother's ring in her left pant pocket but hopes to find a chain of some sort so she can wear the ring without fear of losing it. Although she has been told that the cause of zombies is parasitic, she is always found with her disposable mask either on her face or hanging around her neck in case she needs them.

Inventory: Pink child sized backpack, water bottle with filter straw, father's hunting knife, slingshot with a small pouch filled with marbles, mother's wedding ring, child sized gloves and a disposable mask (x2)

Armor: Disposable mask

Skills: Hiding/Sneaking

Traits: Curious, Quick to Learn, Stealthy
Very Trusting of Others
Physically Weak, Dependent on Others, Refuse to Kill First Stage of Zombies

Backstory: Although her memories before the incident two years ago are few, she remember them to be a happy time with her parents and Tia. However that changed when one day out of the blue Tia returned home early from work injured telling her parents that they needed to gather supplies and leave as soon as possible. Although they tried reassuring Annie and kept what was going on away from the girl, she knew something big was happening. With supplies packed, the four of them drove for as long as they could but by the time they needed to refill their car, the gas station was empty. As was each station they visited in the whole town. After that, the four of them had to walk. Where they were walking to, she didn't know. Nor did she knew what she was walking away from. However things became clear soon afterwards as the family learned that there would be no running away to safety from the threat all around them. However they would survive...

Or at least that was what she thought would happen. Her father died as a hero giving the rest of them time to escape, she still has his knife to remember him by. She doesn't know what happened to her mother but is afraid to ask Tia due to her aunt becoming very cold every time the subject is brought up. She isn't sure what the future will bring but Annie's still hopeful even after these two years.

• Love
3 Votes on the Slavery opening. We good with this? Because I am, reading about these characters has gotten me so hyped to do this once more.

(Speaking of which. I NEED TO ORGANIZE ALL THE CHARACTERS AND POST LINKS TO THEM ON THE FRONT PAGE! Also read most of them, I kinda sorta lightly skimmed through most.)

I'll toss in a fourth vote for the slavery opening :)

I'll toss in a fourth vote for the slavery opening :)
Speaking of which. Would Vanessa actually be a slave? She sounds like she'd make a fine Raider that is trying to overthrow the current leader to put herself in charge and/or make off with all that sweet bandit loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.