The Heroes And The "Villain" (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Because I programmed by the government without the ability to process it..." Alice said looking up at Liex. Her hair covered most of her face as usual and it hid most of her expression.

Alice thought about Liex's answer. It seemed logical and she would question much further than that. In fact, Alice would have been satisfied with a simple yes or know. She didn't want to prod him for details...

"Okay next question... Are you afraid of me?" It was a simple question, but one Alice didn't know the answer to. Alice had learned that she had been feared by the ones she held dear and not praised. It hurt her more than she could understand. In fact, she was almost certain that Omi and x were afraid of her. Regardless of what the two of them said, she felt that this was true. She could kill people with so much as a glance. She could make someone experience their own personal hell. What person or alien wouldn't be afraid...

She just wanted to know. Even if the answer was yes, she would understand... All Alice ever wanted to do was bring people joy, but with powers like hers... she could only cause suffering. Her goal in life was blocked. If only she didn't have her powers. If only she was normal... even if just for a moment.

Liex raised an eyebrow at Alice's statement and looked at her, or what he could see of her face through her hair, "'Programmed'? You talk as if you're nothing more than a machine. You can love. You just need someone to show you how." He said with a shrug. "You should stop thinking like that, you're your own person now. If you are a machine, it'll be because you want it so."

He closed his eyes buried himself deeper into the couch, he opened his eye a crack when Alice asked her next question. He mulled it over for a while, wondering if he indeed was afraid of her. Of course he wasn't. But he took a moment to think about how to answer, Alice asked that question for a reason, he needed to give a decent answer to set her worries at ease. The more they trusted each other the better after all.

"No. I'm not. You keep your powers under control well enough. You losing complete control of them would be the only reason I'd have to fear you. But, you're not that careless from what I've seen. And even if that were to happen, I still wouldn't be too afraid. I'd be more worried and focused on making you stop than anything." He said with a shrug, "Does that answer your question?"

Alice simply nodded. The delay added to her anxiety. However, she found his answer to be satisfactory. She wanted to lighten the mood, but she hadn't any idea how to do that. Neither of them could go outside at the moment. It was highly likely that Maximus was still on high alert searching for the two of them. Alice also had a feeling that X and Omi would be looking for her too. It was all just too risky right now. She furrowed her brows. Alice didn't want to prod further into his life. She was just too tempted to ask about subjects she knew would be too touchy to discuss at this point in time.

Alice still needed to go to the library. She wanted to find out about herself as soon as possible. It would be important.
"Liex, have you ever heard of someone like me? With my powers I mean?" Alice asked looking to the ground. It was possible that he didn't know anything either.

Liex stared at Alice for a few seconds, trying to see how she reacted to what he said. After a few seconds he looked away and out the window, it had suddenly grown dark. He contemplated between either making something to eat or cleaning out one of the rooms for Alice to sleep in. His musings were cut short as Alice asked him her question. Liex closed his eyes and thought about it before shaking his head.

"I haven't. I've heard of people with slightly similar powers, but not your powers exactly. Is that why you want to go to the library? It makes sense. I've felt the same way, I mean, have you heard of people like me? I stopped looking for answers though, too many possibilities." He said dismissively, "We'll go to the library soon, don't you worry about that."

Liex stood up and rubbed the back of his neck, he decided to skip eating all together and just going to sleep. "I'm going to bed now. Go sleep in the other room, there should be a cot here you can spread out. Good night." He said as he went into his room, he locked the door behind him.

He started to strip down but stopped, he sighed and continued stripping down and then slipping on a new shirt and shorts. He lied down and after a few seconds went to sleep.

(OOC: Initiating Time Skip)

A few days had passed since Alice had moved in with Liex. She had done nothing, but meditate and try to keep her powers under control. She didn't sleep in fear of having another nightmare. She didn't want Liex to have to wake her up again. That type of work grew tedious she supposed. It was now safe for her to go to the library. The commotion of her betrayal had died down just enough for something like that, but going into any more stores was still a little risky. It was probably the same with anything run by the government. She waited for Liex to get up and tried her best not to make any noise. She hovered above her cot and did not touch it at all.

She was beginning to wonder if she'd be happy with what she discovered, if she discovered anything at all. It was possible that she really was a monster of some sort, only to be used as a weapon. Alice hadn't been able to much besides destroy with her powers. She could heal sometimes, but that took an insane amount of energy and it didn't work all the time. She sighed. Could she do anything good wither powers? Would she really be able to help people?

You aren't meant to build things, Alice... You're meant to destroy...
A voice echoed inside of Alice's head. She looked around. She was certain she had not imagined whatever that was.

Liex woke up and stared at the ceiling over him. He closed his eyes again and breathed in deeply, today and yesterday he hadn't had the same nightmare he'd been having. It looked like Alice's effects had finally worn off. He sat up and swung his legs over the bed before standing up and stretching. It had been about a week since Alice had been living with him, and things hadn't changed much for him except now he couldn't wake around naked like before. There were a lot of things he couldn't do now that Alice was around, which had irritated him slightly at first.

He didn't mind it now, she was decent company which he had been lacking, everyone he knew and worked with were messed up in some way. Like Jake, Liex thought chuckling softly. He put on some clothes and stepped out of his room, he looked around and noticed Alice wasn't out of her room. He also didn't hear her, she hardly ever made much noise in the morning. He just assumed it was since she wasn't comfortable being around him yet.

He shrugged off the thought and began to cook something to eat. Liex figured it was about time for him and Alice to go the library, enough time had passed he figured. It should be safe enough, and the sooner they do it the better.

Liex had taken on a small contract that needed to be completed today. It was something simple, the mayor of the city was taking bribes from drug dealers in exchange for the mayor turning a blind eye on them. Liex wouldn't let this slip by now that it was brought to his attention. This would also be a chance for him to see how Alice can handle being an assassin. As soon as she woke up he'd let her know the plans for that day.

When Alice heard movement, she quietly hovered to the main room. She had grown into the habit of peeking before she entered rooms in the morning to assure herself that Liex was fully clothed before she wandered about. Alice had tried her best throughout her stay not to be much of a nuisance. She wondered perhaps if the two of them would go out today or stay inside. It had been a grand total of one week since either of them had gone out since the betrayal. However, Alice was still haunted by the ruthless visions of X's burnt face when he had admitted that he loved her. It had been a horrifying experience to leave him alone in that condition.

While Alice lacked many necessary social to interact with real life people, she was familiar with the admittance of love. She had seen it on television once, but she thought she would never experience something so painful, so ruthless. If that was what love was, Alice did not want it. With these thoughts in her mind, Alice appeared in the dining quarters rather distracted (OOC: didn't know what I should call it... kitchen sounds weird for a base...).

She didn't mention the voices she had been hearing lately either. They had been tempting her to do something, but she couldn't hear them clearly when she was awake. Only when she was asleep could Alice hear the voices. The one that troubled her was X's voice and a voice she had not heard before, but sounded vaguely familiar.

"Good Morning..." Alice said, her voice soft as usual.

Liex heard a door creak open and looked over his shoulder at Alice, he turned back to his cooking as she came closer, "Good morning. Do you always have to float around? It's as if you're trying your damnest to not break anything. There's nothing to break." He said with a snort. It slightly unnerved him how quiet Alice was, he hardly ever heard anything from her room, she floated everywhere, and she always spoke in a soft voice. There were was probably a reason behind it, but what it was he didn't know. And he wasn't about to be nosy and ask her about it, when she wanted to tell him she would. He just hoped whatever it was it didn't interfere with her work tonight.

"I think, it's ok now to go outside. I haven't seen any signs on people looking for us and I haven't heard of people asking for us. As long as we keep our heads down we can move around, so today we'll be going to the library so you can do whatever it is you want to do." He said as he was close to finishing preparing their food, "After the library we have a job to do." He said as he began to set down the plates and serve the food.

"Since this is a small job normally I'd give you the option to join me or not but this is our first job together. So you have to come along so I can see how you can be useful." Liex said as he sat down to eat.

Before he dug into his food he looked at Alice. "This job is going to be very easy. In and out, quick and clean. Unless people walk in on us, then it'll get messy. We can't leave witnesses behind. Not with your friend Maximus searching for us." He said before beginning to eat. He wasn't sure how she felt about killing people. He practically grew up killing others, but it looked like she rarely ever did so. She was pretty shaken up when she killed before, then again it was a group of people.

Well, it didn't matter, he'd train her to shut off those feelings. He paused and mulled this thought over in his mind, the more he thought about it the more cold it seemed. He peered at Alice through the corners of his eyes, she seemed pretty innocent. Maybe he shouldn't have her kill any time soon, maybe he should have her just provide back up. Again he contemplated on this as he slowly ate.

Alice smiled lightly and she let herself touch the ground, "I don't want to be a nuisance."

She listened intently to Liex's words. Alice could see the question on his lips, though he didn't say it. However, she answered the unspoken question as though he had asked her aloud, "I don't mind taking the life of others, " She looked at her hands as she spoke, "Up until now, I thought that with these powers of mine I could protect people. Maximus told me that... but it was a lie... He was having me torture people with my powers."

And suddenly, Alice could hear the screams, she could remember, "I can hear them, their screams... they begged for death but I kept them alive because I thought..." She stopped, "That thing that fell out of my ear when you had that partner with me... it was a micro chip to control my mind. I couldn't remember anything unless Maximus wanted me to remember it... it's what stopped me from using my powers... It's what caused that pain when I used my powers..."

She was about to take a bite of her food when something made her stop. It was a reflection, but not of herself. It was of a man she had never seen before, but Alice couldn't help but feel connected to it somehow. When she looked again it was just herself. Alice looked back up and Liex and didn't say anymore. She felt like she was rambling about something he probably knew nothing about.

Yes, Alice had been shaken up before about killing people, but those people had once been her ally and had nothing to do with Alice's control. They were all fighting for a lie that Maximus had created. He lied and because of that people have to die. That was what made Alice feel so horrible. To see her powers nearly at their fullest, was frightening. There was so much she didn't know and so much she couldn't control.

I can teach you... Alice heard the voice again and she looked around and then at her reflection. The guy she had seen from before appeared and then disappeared as quickly as it had come. She continued eating wondering if she'd get anymore detail from Liex about the mission.

Liex stopped eating and listened closely to what Alice told him, he remained quiet and looked down at his plate. Now he understood why she was so quiet. Having those memories back, it was no surprise she had been having nightmares. He remained silent for a few more seconds, unsure of what to say.

"Am I really that easy to read? I have to work on that, I'm losing my edge." He said with a small smile, "Your past... is just that. Your past. And it wasn't really yours in the first place, you were just a puppet. But now... now your life is your own, you no longer have someone controlling you. Yes, I did pressure you to join me but you can leave at any point to do what you wish." He paused and closed his eyes before looking up at Alice.

"From now on, whether or not you're a decent person will depend on how you use your powers. Either to destroy or help." He said softly as he finished the rest of his food, he stood up to drop the plate into the sink before pausing, "Did that just count as babying? I wouldn't know. I should get serious now. To keep up appearances and all that."

He placed down the plate and leaned against the counter, "The job is killing the mayor, drug lords are moving into the city and the mayor looks the other way while getting a cut of the drug money. This is pretty simple I know, and usually I don't bother with these kinds of contracts. But an old... 'friend' of mine asked me to do this. Anyways, I've had people keep an eye on the guy, he stays in his office late to spend alone time with his secretary. We'll be pulling this off during this time... but don't worry, it won't be while they're doing the deed. It'll be right after. We'll scale up the side of the building with you using your shadows to cover us. Simple, you got it?"

Alice shook her head, "Actually, I can't read you at all. You barely wear an expression unless you're angry. I just thought it was an obvious question."

She wasn't going to leave. That was certain. If she left, she mine as well just turn herself in seeing as she would have no where else to go. Alice didn't feel like she had a life. In fact, that wasn't it. Her life was just lacking something and when Liex said her life was hers. She realized that she lacked a purpose. Now that Alice truly was a free person, she didn't have a reason to exist. It was shocking, but in a sense it was a logical assumption.

"No that didn't count as babying, if it did, I have a feeling I would be the one scolding you..." Alice's tone was probably hard to read as it didn't hold any detectable emotion, though if one gave it some thought, they could guess that she was hinting at something or was rather serious.

"No offense, but I don't think you should be using the term old, when you barely look a day over twenty-one," Alice said snickering, "Why would we go through the trouble of scaling the side of the building. Wouldn't it be easier to just walk in? I can create illusions. I could make us look like the secretary and the mayor, but the mayor would be very pissed off as would the secretary. It's got to be nightmarish somehow."

Liex raised an eyebrow, "Oh? With how shy you've been around me I doubt you'd scold me. Maybe just glare or mutter angrily to yourself... which would actually be kind of... cute." He said absentmindedly before closing his eyes and shaking his head.

"By going up the wall we won't waste time and we won't cause unnecessary harm. Sure, I don't mind killing or hurting people, but if just the mayor and or his lover get killed then people can just assume it was the mayor's wife. We get a job done and shift the blame on someone else," He scratched his cheek and looked to the side, "Plus I got a new toy I want to try out that works great for climbing."

He pushed himself off the counter and began walking out of the dining room before pausing. "We'll be leaving in a few minutes. I just need to get dressed, you should too and bring whatever else you need to bring." He walked out of the room and into his bedroom. He closed the door behind him and shuffled out of his clothes, he kicked aside his shorts and sighed, "Man I miss walking around naked." He grumbled to himself before pulling out a set of clothes and pulling them on.

Like before he put on a baggy sweater and pulled on the hood, he opened a drawer and brought up two small knives and hid them in his jeans. When he was going to be spending a lot of time out his safe house he preferred having some sort of weapon on him, and knives could be easily hidden and were much quieter. It was silly of him to take weapons to a library of all places but he just felt... naked without one. It probably due to the way he lived, when he became 10 years old he always carried something to defend himself.

And it got worse once he became an assassin. He sighed and pushed aside those thoughts, he always hated thinking about his childhood, it tended to leave him in a foul mood and made him remember things that he thought were buried. He opened the door and stepped out into the living room. He sat down and waited until Alice was done and ready to leave.

Alice's face turned red. He was right about the idea of her muttering angrily to herself or glaring. And did he just call her cute? No. Alice just assumed she imagined the word. Liex hadn't really called her cute had he? She was grateful for the hood that hid most of her face, or he would notice the blushing. She snickered. Toy? What an odd name to call a tool used for climbing. Alice had never heard it described that way before.

Alice didn't really need anything. She had a hood to hide her face and fashion wasn't really on the top of her priority list. When she was running around playing super hero, fashion was one of the things she was forced to care about. Alice was really happy that she could wear something comfortable for once. She didn't really know what she should bring. Alice was already weapon enough in her opinion. She really didn't need to bring anything else. If anything, it would be highly unlikely that she would need to use her powers in the library.

Alice was actually a little scared. She felt like she was going to find out something she'd wished she never knew. There was even a possibility that she wouldn't get much information at all. What she really wanted to know is if she was human. Some part of her knew that she wasn't. Alice felt that she had a connection with something dark and something that shouldn't be talked about. However, Alice's curiosity was getting the better of her. She just had to figure out what she was so she could control her powers better.

"Okay, let's get going. I don't want to make us late for contract." Alice said a few steps away from Liex.

Liex looked at Alice from the corner of his eyes and stood up. "That didn't take long, you didn't even bother to take a few seconds to apply make-up. Most women I've met take hours to get ready." He said with a snort, then again most women he knew weren't exactly... upstanding people. With this thought in mind he made his way to the front door, going through the process of unlocking his door. He really needed a better way to keep his door locked that didn't involve multiple locks he thought with a grumble.

Once outside he locked his door and proceeded to go down the floors and out the building, before he went anywhere he looked up and down the streets. He was usually pretty paranoid, but it being only a week after his last assassination his paranoia soared to higher levels. He would have preferred to wait it out a few more weeks but he HAD promised Alice to take her to the library.

That was the main reason he now stepped outside, even if he wouldn't admit it to Alice or himself. He had really only accepted the contract because he was going to be outside anyways, might as well do a favor for one of his old contacts. He had many of them spread across the globe, they fed him information that kept him alive and out of the authorities grasp.

Once he felt that the coast was clear he stepped onto the sidewalk and nodded his head at Alice to follow him. Just like the clothes stores, the library was relatively close, it would only take them a few minutes to walk there. And despite how the rest of the city looked, the library was impressive and had a large collection of books. Whatever Alice was looking for, she might find there. Although the chances of that were still slim to Liex, Alice was a well guarded secret of Maximus' and his organization. Whatever secrets there were to be found, it most likely wouldn't be in a library, but he wouldn't tell Alice that and bring her hopes down.

He mulled his last thought over a bit more, he wasn't sure why he cared about keeping her hopes up. In fact since he and Alice had spent a bit more time together cooped up in his safe house he found himself having more confusing thoughts about her. However he didn't keep thinking about that for too long, he didn't have the time or privacy for that and they had arrive at the library anyways.

"Well, we're here." He said quietly, waving out his arms in a flourish as if it was a surprise. He went up the stairs and looked over his shoulder at Alice, "Still sure you want to go in? We don't know what you might find, and if you'd like it."

"If I don't go in... I may never find out who I am..." Alice said solemnly.

She walked into the dusty old library. She thought it was incredibly ancient. There was definitely a wide selection of books, but Alice didn't even know where to start. She checked super natural beings. Alice was certain she wasn't a witch and she laughed the idea silently away. She picked up another book and there was on X's race and one on Rogue's race, but that was the extraterrestrial section. Alice searched and searched the library for any ideas. Alice had been sure that she was an alien. She didn't rely on spell books or wands for her powers.

Alice was about to give up when she passed a book with a monstrous cover. There appeared to be real teeth on it and eyes that were closed. She picked it up and the eyes opened. It shocked her and caused her to drop the book and it fell with a loud thump and echoed throughout the entire library. There was an earsplitting screech that erupted from the book and Alice was sure that no one else but her could hear it because it didn't cause echo like when she dropped it. The book opened itself to page one.

Kazarath's Child:

A demon that is born from a human mother that has mated with Kazarath himself. It is said that Kazarath does not exist because no one has fit the description. Kazarath is the ruler of planet known as Navaeh. It's completely infested with lower demons, often called aliens by humans who do not know that this is where they will end up if they fail to reach Paradise. Kazarath's child is said to bring about the destruction and misfortune of others. On the child's eighteenth birthday is when Kazarath will claim the child as his own and bring about the destruction of earth through the minds of the people.

The child will have already seen this future and knows that its powers will make everyone's nightmares a reality and putting them into form. The demons of Navaeh will be released and sent to torture the helpless humans through bad luck and nightmares and corruption...

The Powers: Kazarath's child will have unusual abilities and quite powerful ones. The weakest power would be shadow control. The power to control any shadow and manipulate it to one's liking. If the child desires, they can suffocate a person with their own shadow and even fly or hover at will. The second strongest power is causing bad luck. Since Kazarath's child is said to bring about misfortune to the world, the child is granted this power making bad things suddenly happen at any time. The third power is the most powerful and is hard to control. The way to control it however is simple. The child must-

The book closed itself before Alice could read more and she picked up the book and locked itself. She looked horrified as though she'd seen a ghost.

Liex nodded and followed after Alice, following her into a section of the library he hadn't been to before. The books definitely looked older, he ran his fingers along their spines and enjoyed the musty smell of the old books. He had always found the smell of old books slightly comforting and had a certain charm to it.

He stopped his musings as he heard a book drop and looked over at Alice, then down to the book she had dropped. That had to be just about the ugliest book he'd ever seen, he was also pretty sure it was demonic. He wasn't an expert on such things, but teeth and eyes on a book typically say "Black magic and demons, beware!"

He narrowed his eyes as soon as the book opened itself, oh it was definitely demonic now. He read the page it opened to and raised an eyebrow as he read the word Kazarath, it sounded familiar. He wasn't sure, he had never bothered to read about supernatural beings like demons. His eyes widened slightly as he read the passage about the powers, they sounded a lot like Alice's powers.

As the book closed and Alice bent to pick it up, he looked at her and noticed the look on her face. He tentatively placed a hand on her shoulder, "You ok?" He looked at her with a slightly worried expression, "That's you... isn't it? The person that book described."

(Sorry for short post, couldn't think of much else)

There was a clicking sound before Alice could answer and she looked down at the book. It opened to a blank page then a picture appeared. It was Alice.

"It's me..." Alice said distantly. She flipped to more pages, but they all had pictures of her or were blank.

Alice threw the book as far as she could, but before the book hit the ground, it stopped midair and flew back to Alice at top speed before stopping in front of her face and then falling lightly in her hands. She nodded before slipping the book into her bag. It wasn't as though the library was going to miss a book that was as dark as this nor could the library keep it. The book obviously was going to be where Alice could reach it at all times.

"I just... let's get out of here... I've learned enough..." Alice said looking at the ground. She took Liex's hand away from her shoulder, but not before mindlessly holding it a few seconds. She then realized what she was doing and she let go, her face red.

She made her way ahead of Liex and didn't say another word until the books started to become more and more new, "I'm not really going to destroy the world... right?"

Liex remained quiet as he saw the book open to an image of Alice. It looked exactly like her, it left no room for doubt that it was anyone else but Alice. It was made more clear as Alice flipped to more pages, showing more images of her. He couldn't help but wonder what he'd gotten himself into by taking Alice under his wing, he didn't regret doing so. But, all this threw in a wrench into his careful plannings, it was an unknown factor that Liex was unsure he'd be able to deal with properly.

He grew slightly more worried as he saw the book be thrown by Alice only to return to her hands. He squeezed her shoulder reassuringly, until she grabbed his hand off her shoulder and held it. He was made aware of how... delicate her hands felt compared to his own calloused hands. His cheeks colored a slight pink, and increased a tint in color as he saw Alice's own face turn red when she let go of his hand.

Before Liex could ponder on this Alice began to walk off, he followed a few steps behind her, wondering what was on her mind. His thoughts were answered as Alice spoke up, he paused for a second and walked up to her until they were shoulder to shoulder. He nudged her shoulder with his, "Destroying the world means you'd be killing me off too. I'm not so easy to get rid of, no matter how much you want to. So no, as long as I have a say and can do something about it, you won't do anything of the sort. I'll keep you from doing it." He said with what he hoped was a reassuring smile.

Finally they stepped out of the library and Liex stood at the top of the steps, wondering what to do next. There was still time before night time came, and he imagined Alice was tired of being cooped up in the safe house. Finally he nodded to himself and looked at Alice over his shoulder, "I think, we'll be going somewhere to eat. You're probably tired of my sub-par cooking, so I'll treat you to a nice meal. There's a few nice restaurants around here, pretty quiet and if I ask for it, private. We'll make a... date of it." He said with a small laugh as he stepped down and began to lead the way down the side-walk.

He hoped that this would help take Alice's mind off of what she had found out. He knew that whatever information she'd find would probably be bad but... being the daughter of some demon and destined to destroy the world is just about the worst case scenario. He peeked at her through the corners of his eyes, she didn't seem like a demon, or half-demon, or even someone with powers at all. She looked like a normal girl with the typical normal problems that come with being one.

He wondered if maybe he'd find something about himself in that old library, he didn't care enough to look but he entertained the idea that maybe he too was a demon until they reached a small restaurant. He walked up to the door and opened it, leading Alice to a table at a corner and sat down, waiting to for a waiter to come and take their orders.

He pulled off his hood and looked out the window, "This is a nice quiet place, I think you'll like it. The food is great despite the looks of this place." He said softly to Alice.

Found a picture of Alice
1179cb604213af932ace98be229f4a49.png

Alice nodded slowly. She wasn't just worried about herself. Kazarath, her father seemed much more powerful than she could ever dream of being. If he was at her side, it was possible that Liex wouldn't be able to stop her, but she didn't want to kill Liex. When he nudged her, she tried to hide her shock with her hood.

Alice shielded her eyes from the light upon coming out of the library. Her eyes had grown accustomed to the library's poor lighting. She slowly reopened her eyes and then listened to what Liex was saying. Her stomach growled involuntarily at the mention of food. To make matters worse, her face had turned several shades more pink than she had wanted. Alice mentally slapped herself. She hadn't the slightest idea of why she was suddenly getting nervous about something like this. Liex was just messing with her or at least that's what she told herself to prevent any unwanted looks because of the shade of her face.

Alice wished she could be a normal girl with the typical problems. What she hadn't told Liex was that her dreams were exactly like the book had described and that her eighteenth birthday was just one month away. She didn't want to think about such troublesome things on their date... Alice nearly laughed to herself. Date. Another word for grabbing a bite to eat.

Alice didn't know what to get. She was used to government meals which didn't consist of much variety, "Order for me? I don't really understand what anything on the menu is."

Liex raised an eyebrow, "You want me to choose? I don't even know what you'd like... well, if you insist." He eyeballed the menu for a few minutes, finally deciding to go with the filet mignon for both of them and a salad. He signaled a waiter over and gave their orders, the waiter left but not before commenting on what a cute couple Liex and Alice made.

Liex's face colored a slight pink as he looked to the side, damn waiters he grumbled in his head. He turned his attention back to Alice, "So... how are you? You know, with what you learned in that book... I can't imagine what it's like to have a bomb like that dropped on you." He said with a soft voice that was barley louder than a whisper. He wondered for a second if Alice even managed to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.