The Heroes And The "Villain" (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice looked up. Her face was pink and she grumbled to herself about how idiotic the waiter was for assuming such a thing. She saw Liex's lips move but she had not heard a word of what had been said. She assumed he was just grumbling about the waiter.

"We don't really look like a couple do we?" Alice said, her face still pink as ever.

She was starting to wonder how the mission would go. She was quite nervous and didn't want to ruin any plans that Liex might have. Furthermore, she was certain that whatever happened would be on the news... Alice also knew that her friends were sometimes posted at the mayor's office... which meant...

"We have a pressing matter... my fri- ex team mates... sometimes guard the mayor's office... if that's true then... I will have to fight them won't I?" Alice asked as she looked down at the ground.

She had expected something like this to happen. When one joined the opposite side, such a thing was a customary, but it was also much easier said than it was done. What had surprised Alice, was that she corrected herself. She had almost called them her friends, but it was more than likely that they hated her for betraying them. She couldn't say she would blame them for the change of heart either.

Liex looked to the side as Alice looked up, he wanted to say of course not but couldn't help but noticed that their waiter pointed them out to a waitress and then proceeded to giggle. "Apparently we do." He said with a grumble, "I have half a mind to leave him a lousy tip for that..."

He stopped mulling over how he could get back at their waiter when Alice asked him a question, "You were actually put on guard duty for a mayor? Seems like a misuse of your talents." He said with a raised eyebrow, "Well the chances of that happening now are slim, at least from what I've been told. If we do get a surprise visit from your old team mates I'll have to chew out my informants."

He paused and scratched his cheek, "If we were to come across them... how would you handle it? You will have to fight them, unless you're completely unable to. If that's the case I'd handle them myself. But I won't kill them if you're worried about that, I'd just disable them long enough to make our escape."

Liex couldn't imagine how Alice felt, having to betray your teammates and the people you trusted. And to add salt to her wounds one of them admitted to loving her, from what he saw that day it made it harder for her to make her decision. In a way, he admired it though, she was strong even if she wasn't aware of it. Not that he himself wasn't strong as well, but he knew that if he were to be put in the same dilemma he'd be more unsure of himself.

He sighed internally, he was really getting soft by being around her. He'd never given these things much thought before he took her in. He couldn't help but wonder if this was a good thing or not, but his past experiences all pointed it out to be a bad thing.

"If we came across them... I would have to fight them wouldn't I? It's not that I'm afraid of. Its using my powers against them." Alice explained.

She could fight her team mates, but with knowledge of what her powers could do, it frightened her. Those who had experienced her powers firsthand would know why she would be afraid of using her powers against them. The nightmares... Alice wouldn't want to show her teammates their greatest fears. She didn't want to make them suffer with her nightmarish powers. That would be too much to bear.

Alice looked to the giggling waiter and waitress and considered saying something, but then just pouted, "That's embarrassing. How can people just assume we're a couple like that?"

Alice mumbled to herself and her stomach growled. She blushed and hoped that Liex had not heard it. Alice tried to think of something else, but could think of nothing at food now that she had been sitting down for a little while. She was hoping with all her might that her friends would not be guarding the mayor. Alice looked at Liex, her eyes hidden by her hood. She wondered what he was thinking. Alice then blushed again, but because she found him incredibly attractive after looking at him head on. This just caused her to curse herself under her breath for staring and she looked down at the ground to avoid looking at Liex.

Liex looked to the side, "Yeah, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to use your powers on them. Being on the receiving end isn't exactly enjoyable." He mumbled. He suddenly realized that he hadn't had a nightmare that night, or the previous one. He assumed that the lingering effects were finally wearing off. This made him feel relieved, he hadn't been getting much rest. Not like you could when you wake up with a cold sweat in the middle of the night from a bad dream.

Liex turned his attention back to Alice as she spoke again, "We probably really do look like one. The fact that I ordered for the both of us and we're dressed similarly probably didn't help." He said with a small sigh. He looked to the side and out the window, they'd have to leave after they pulled off the hit. It was a shame, this was one of the few places where he could hide out a bit comfortably. If they had gone anywhere else he'd be on high alert, but here he let himself unwind slightly. There was hardly anyone who could get the better of him in this city, not when he had caches of weapons stashed everywhere and people feeding him information.

He thought about Alice and how she'd deal with this, now that she was his partner she'd have to travel quite a bit. Liex was used to it since he hardly ever had a place to call home, but that couldn't be the same for Alice, he thought. He peered at Alice and noticed her blushing then shifting her head to look down, he felt his cheeks heat up slightly, she was probably staring at him, he assumed.

A small smirk crossed split his face as he had a wicked idea, "Why were you staring at me? Is there something on my face?" He said as he rubbed his chin and cheek, teasing her a bit couldn't hurt.

"...I'm sorry," Alice said to him. She felt ashamed for having done that to him. She hadn't meant to use her powers like that. She was still feeling bad about doing something like that. She was free now, but she still worried about using her nightmarish powers. Alice was certain that there was much more she didn't know and that it was all inside the book that she had found in the library.

Alice blew hair out of her face. She couldn't really be thinking about being in some type of relationship with Liex. The idea was insane. He probably didn't have time for things for that. To top it off, Alice was bad luck all on her own. She could cause it for others and she was sure that she could cause for herself if she tried. Alice was trying her hardest not to focus too hard not focus on Liex. She tried thinking of things to distract her, but nothing else came to mind. If that didn't make matters worse, she thought of the time that he had called her cute.

Alice personally didn't mind travelling. It helped the time go by faster. If anything, she was worried about slowing Liex down for not being used to his lifestyle. Alice hadn't found a home yet either, but X had told her that home was wherever people who cared about you were. She wondered if maybe her home was with her friends. Perhaps it was with Liex...

Her thoughts were interrupted when she was addressed by Liex directly, "I-i-i wasn't staring I was just..." Alice's face heated up even more, "Nothing. It's nothing." For the barest minimal of a second Alice's eyes brushed over Liex's lips. And for just a moment she thought about what they felt like, but it had only been a moment and she played off as though she had been looking to the side.

Liex blinked at Alice's apology, "No need to say sorry. We were enemies when it happened, it only made sense that you'd defend yourself." He said with a dismissive tone. He had been hit with worse things anyways, there were still a few things he had blacked out in his memories. He peered at Alice from the corners of his eyes.

He could see himself in a relationship with her, if he tried hard enough. He wasn't sure how it'd work, he'd never had a relationship like that, much less with someone like Alice. He shook off those thoughts, he doubted she was interested in him that way and that she'd be happy with him. She couldn't be when she'd have to constantly be on the run because of him and his enemies, they'd love nothing more than to use someone against him.

A small smile formed on his face as he saw her blushing harder, he should take the time to tease her more often, she was cute when she wasn't being shy and quiet. He was interrupted from his thoughts as the waiter returned with their food, Liex thanked him and began to eat slowly, "Eat up, you'll need your strength for tonight." He said after swallowing a bite of food.

((sorry about the short post again.))

Alice dropped the subject and didn't press it any further. When the food came, Alice looked surprised as though it was the first time she had seen food like this. In any case that much was true. She tried it and her eyes widened. The burst of flavor that filled her mouth was astonishing. Alice tried her best to eat slowly and make it last as long as she could. However, that plan had undoubtedly failed and she finished the meal in fifteen minutes flat. Though she had eaten cleanly and not a morsel of food had been dropped anywhere. Her plate even looked clean. Well that in itself was normal. She just used her shadows to pick up the food so she wouldn't leave a mess behind.

After finishing, she yawned quietly. Her thoughts still wandering to and fro from Liex to the scheduled assassination. She almost forgot about her discovery until she saw her bag starting to move on its own. Luckily, it was not making any sound... yet, "I think we should hurry..." Alice whispered in Liex's ear and made a motion towards her bag. She wasn't eager to read anything in that damned book, but in this case it couldn't be helped. If anything, it would just scare her more than she already was.

Liex ate his food, not paying much attention to the taste. He'd had better tasting food on some rare occasions and if he wanted to he could probably cook better than this. He looked at Alice as she ate, an amused look in his eyes as he saw her wolf down her food. She had enjoyed his cooking too, or at least it looked like she did. Maybe he should make her a treat? Something sweet would probably make her happy he thought. During his musings he noticed that Alice had finished before him, he began eating the few bits left more quickly as Alice leaned over and whispered that they should leave.

He looked down at her bag and understood why she was a bit anxious to leave. He swallowed his last bit of food and placed down some money for their bill, he stood up and nodded for her to follow him.

After 20 minutes of them walking they had reached the safehouse. Liex let them in and locked up the doors, he spun on his heel and nodded to Alice. "You go ahead and read that... book you have. I'll leave you alone while I go prepare." He said as he walked into the room with his computers, he closed the door behind him and stepped to a closet. He unlocked it and swept aside the few coats he had hung in there, he felt along the back of the wall and pulled on a small switch, popping the false back open and putting it aside.

He crouched down and rummaged through the weapons he had stashed in there. He pulled out two pistols and screwed on suppressors, he pulled out a few magazines and ammunition. He scooped them into his arms and walked back into the living room where he had left Alice, he plopped down onto the couch and proceeded to fill the magazines with bullets. Casting Alice a few glances as he did.

In that twenty minutes, the book vibrated so violently that Alice had to hold it away from her body. When they arrived she hovered above the floor and opened the book. It opened itself directly to the center. Alice dropped the book when a face started to come off the pages. Luckily, the book could hover on its own without Alice's help. If anything, Alice was tempted to close the book before she had another heart attack.

"Well it's been a long while daughter. I haven't seen you since you were born. How's life treating you?" Kazarath laughed, "It's only a matter of time before fate comes true. You can't run from it my child so accept it."

With that the face disappeared for Alice had a chance to do anything. The pages were covered with words that didn't make any sense, but then she noticed that it was actually information about her powers just scrambled up in a different way. Alice yawned tiredly and heard the sound of bullet being loaded. She almost wondered why he would need something like that when Alice could just suffocate their target with her powers, but it was probably easier the way Liex was doing it. Alice's method would just attract further attention of the fuzz.

Every time Liex looked at Alice, Alice blushed. Her eyes brushed over Liex"s lips yet again which just made her blushing worse.

Liex glanced at Alice before closing his eyes, he just noticed he'd been staring at her, and he couldn't understand why. He loaded the magazines into his pistols and then placed them down. He stood up and went back into his computer room, partly to stop his constant staring and partly to take out his new tool. It was a pair of what looked like climbing picks, but with pistons at their ends. Using the pistons the pick would dig into the wall, he was excited to use these since using the old hook and rope was tedious. Yes he could use his teleport ability but he preferred to leave that to when he needed to run away.

He strapped the picks to his hips and returned to the living room, he reached down and strapped the pistols to his sides in holsters. He slipped on a cloak he had pulled from his closet and slipped the hood over his face, casting a shadow over his face in a way similar to how Alice covered her face. Liex looked down at Alice, "Remember the rules I set down before? Well, this is a mission so I expect you to follow them down to a T, if you don't there will be consequences. Now, let's go." He said frankly as he led the way down and out of the building.

Liex took turns down alley ways, to anyone else it'd appear like he was lost and was just wandering around. But Liex knew his way through the city, and soon they stopped at the alley behind the mayors building. He looked up and pointed at an open window, "That window is for the mayor's office. We make our way up there and we'll jump in, then we snap off a round or two and I teleport us away. Quick and clean, like a surgery." He said softly to Alice.

He stepped close to the wall and reached down for the picks, he placed them against the wall and smirked slightly as he saw them work perfectly and dig into the wall. He bent down slightly and looked over his shoulder, "Hop onto my back, I'll carry us up there so you use your shadows to cover us."

Alice nodded at Liex. She wouldn't mess up his plans. She would do as he asked. Alice followed him through the several twists and turns of the alley. She couldn't remember the way they had come, but she was certain that Liex knew what he was doing.

She didn't think so much about the killing part. Furthermore, she wouldn't have to do it. If anything, she was just and accomplice for the time being.

However, her face nearly flooded with color when he said to hop onto his back. Liex couldn't really have meant that she'd have to... Alice was glad that the hood covered her face which was entirely red. Very nervously, she got onto his back and tried her face that was flooding with even more color. Alice tried her best to think of something else. The mission was important and she wouldn't screw it up, but she wondered if there was an easier way for Liex to do things besides carry her, not that she opposed the idea.

She looked at the picks. For a toy they were pretty good for climbing walls. She smiled to herself. She was becoming more like him by the second calling his picks a toy and what not. Her shadows were already starting to work. They would look like a shadow from a cloud if seen. However, it was more likely that they wouldn't be seen at all. She hoped that was okay. If it wasn't, she could make them more visible if he so desired.

If Liex had been doing anything else his face would have lit up once Alice got onto his back, but he just ignored it as a light pink colored his cheeks. He reached down and grabbed Alice by her thighs to shift her around into a better position before straightening himself and proceeding to slowly climb up the side of the building. As he climbed he looked around himself at the shadow covering Alice provided, he was pleased by it. He probably wouldn't have been seen if he was alone, but having Alice with him ensured that they wouldn't be spotted.

As they approached the window Liex grabbed onto a ledge and carefully slipped the picks back into their holsters, slowly he pulled himself up and peered into the office, he narrowed his eyes slightly as he saw the mayor and his secretary cleaning up after themselves and getting dressed. He held his breath and waited until the mayor led his secretary out of his office and proceeded to sit at his desk.

Carefully Liex climbed in and crouched down to let Alice get off. Slowly he stepped behind the mayor and pulled out one of his pistols, he reached out and grabbed the mayor's chair and spun it around. The mayor gave out a yelp as Liex stopped his spinning chair and placed his pistol against the mayors forehead. "Enjoying yourself this fine evening are you? How could you not when you have that little lady as a secretary, right?" Liex said with a smirk.

The mayor opened his mouth to yell but Liex quickly placed a hand over his mouth to stop him, "Oh no, can't have you calling for help now can we? You've been a bad boy, Mr. Mayor. You're probably wondering who I am, but that doesn't matter. I'm just the madman who's going to end you." Liex said in a slightly sing-song voice as he pulled the trigger and fired a round into the mayor's forehead. He slumped over and fell to the floor with a thud.

Liex grimaced slightly as he wiped his hand off on his cloak, "Man, his blood got all over my hand. Blood is so hard to clean off." He muttered as he heard the door click open and saw the secretary step inside only to have her eyes widen at the scene before her. She opened her mouth and let out a loud scream, Liex quickly raised his pistol and fired off multiple rounds into her. She stumbled back and fell outside of the office.

Liex spun on his heel and rushed over to Alice, "We should leave. Now." He said with a slight urgent voice as he scooped her into his arms and teleported away, traveling from roof-top to roof-top.

Alice's face was red all the way until they reached the Mayor's office. When Liex had touched her thighs, she almost went insane with the sensation. It was odd and foreign to her. She hadn't ever been touched there by anyone save herself.

She watched Liex's work with all too much interest. She wasn't disgusted by it, but she was glad they had finished bumping uglies before the arrived. As horrible as a scene as it would have been, things for Liex and Alice might have become even more awkward.

When she was scooped up she let out a small shriek of surprise and then she muttered, "You got blood on my pants..."
In actuality she was simply trying to hide the redness that was appearing in her face. If Liex would just stop touching her, she could concentrate on something than how she was feeling about his hands being so close to... well she just didn't want to think about it.

She had no idea where the two of them were going, but she was just along for the ride. Alice heard a familiar alarm and her eyes widened, "That's team MRAX alarm... they're going to be here soon. Because they called my... " She stopped herself and became silent. Her head was pounding in a ruthless headache. If they could get away they would be fine.

Liex stopped on a roof-top and looked at Alice, "MRAX? They're here? Great... we'll have to go down through the alleys, if they bring out a helicopter we'll be exposed up here." He said as he focused and teleported down, he hurried down the alleyway without setting down Alice, they'd be able to travel faster if he just carried her and he'd be able to teleport them quickly if he had to.

He slowed down again as he heard the whirring of a helicopter going in their direction. He cursed loudly, "Crap. This isn't good." He hissed lowly, he shifted Alice and tossed her over his shoulder and went at a sprint down the alleyway. He needed to get to his safe house, and the quicker the better, he wasn't outfitted to take on a large amount of people.

Liex stopped in his tracks as the whirring grew louder until it was overhead, he froze and looked up as a search light was focused on him and Alice. "Shit." He grunted, "Alice, give us some cover or something!" He yelled over the whirring of the helicopter blades.

"Team MRAX is my team. That's their helicopter which means my friends are... I'm sorry..." Alice whispered. Her voice was probably drowned out by the helicopters whirring around.

"Misfortune get away from him!" Omi's voice could be heard from the intercom.

Alice slid off of Liex's shoulder and she guided the helicopter's shadow into a building. It started to fall with the sound of metal grinding against stone and breaking glass. She didn't kill them, but she probably injured them... her friends... She could hear more of them coming. She tried her best to think of something. She pushed Liex on the ground, pinning him or appearing to. There was a shadow around the two of them and then they fell into the sewers. Alice almost screamed but then she used that energy to keep them hovered just above the water.

"Um sorry..." Alice whispered and she hovered them to the nearest ground taking care to drop Liex on his feet.

Liex watched as Alice brought down the helicopter with a quiet fascination, he really had to remember not to piss her off. At any point. He was surprised when Alice pushed him down and then phased them through the alley and into the sewer below. When Alice dropped him off he let out a sigh, "Good job. We need to get going now, we're still a bit far from the safe house and they're really going to be looking for us now." He said as he grabbed Alice by her hand and led her down the sewer.

He strained his eyes to see in the darkness, he had a flare he could have used to light their way but that might have given their position away. They needed to be quiet and stealthy if they hoped to get to the safe house without any troubles. As he led the way he looked over at Alice, "Are you ok? It couldn't have been easy to take down the helicopter." He said softly.

The short one was there, Liex had heard him. They were lucky the other one wasn't there, X, that's what Liex thought his name was. If he had been there Alice might have been more shaken up, and that would have made things more messy.

"If it means anything, I'm grateful for how quickly you handled things. After we get to the house we'll get out of this city, and I'll let you pick the next place. I have several safe places to hide. Who knows, it might be somewhere you've wanted to go." He said softly, trying to cheer her up.

Alice could see in the darkness, but she wouldn't do any good. Furthermore, she controlled shadows, if anything, she'd probably end up making the sewers darker than they already were. Even though she had brought down the helicopter, she was sure that they would be searching that area for a while. Her mind was lost in space and she couldn't seem to focus on anything. She was just hoping that Omi... or maybe she should call him Rogue was okay. She nodded at Liex's words and then mentally face palmed herself. All this physical contact was going to make her crazy especially since now was not the time for her to be thinking of such things.

She felt her face get warm and she realized that she was blushing for what felt like the hundredth time that day, "Just lean in the direction you want to go, you don't have to walk because you aren't touching the ground anymore..."
Alice whispered to Liex and then she hovered them so they wouldn't make any sound. Anything to keep her mind off what would have happened if X had been in that helicopter. There was no doubt in Alice's mind that he would surely have come after Rogue's message. She shuddered and she listened closely to Liex.

"Somewhere... I've always wanted to go..." Alice whispered to herself. Did she really have a place she wanted to go. Everywhere she looked there was bound to be Wanted Posters of Liex for the "kidnapping" of Misfortune. Whatever blasphemy that was. All she really wanted to do was just go a place where she could be normal and do normal things.

Liex stood still as he felt himself being lifted off the ground and let go of Alice's hand, the feeling was a bit... odd. "Good thinking." He muttered as he leaned forward slightly and continued going down. He thought back to just how closely he had been to her that night and felt his cheeks slightly heat up, being thankful for the darkness. If it wasn't for the mission he wouldn't have grabbed onto her so much, although he didn't particularly regret holding her so often.

He shifted his head slightly to look back at her but stopped himself before he did, he couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking about that. Or if she was even thinking about it at all. Maybe he was giving it all too much thought? He did have other things to worry about, like being shot. Or arrested and executed. Yet he found his mind being plagued of how nice it felt to have Alice so close.

"Yeah, anywhere you want to go? I have safe houses all over the world. I'm sure there's a place where we can go and relax for a bit. Maybe an island nation? The chances of people recognizing us there would be smaller than they would be here." He said softly, an island nation wouldn't actually be a bad idea. It had been years since he had seen the ocean, and a small part of him wanted to see Alice in swimwear. But he wouldn't admit that to himself, much less to Alice.

"Then let's go to a place like that. I think we could use the vacation..." Alice said the last part more to herself than to Liex. She wondered if he had noticed that she had taken special care not to say his name in public. It wasn't important, but Alice didn't want to make the mistake of doing it for the sake of him getting in trouble or some sort. Luckily the only name on the wanted posters was Somnium unless someone else knew Liex's name.

Alice tried her best not to think of all the things that happened today. She wasn't exactly regretting that Liex had been rather touchy today. In fact she was... Alice shook her head. She didn't have time to think of things like that at all. She should be thinking about what her father meant about her ending the world. She couldn't really be doing that. And Alice's mind jumped elsewhere. She actually started to give going to an island with Liex some thought. Her face turned several shades of pink at the thought of seeing Liex shirtless. However, she would never say that she had done something like that to Liex. That would be more embarrassment than she could bare.

Without thinking, she realized that Liex had let go of her hand. Suddenly her hand felt cold and empty. Was it possible that she liked holding Liex's hand? The was ludicrous, but here she was missing the warmth of his hand... She wanted to continue holding it and while she may not have noticed it until it was too late. She had voiced the thought out loud and she hoped that Liex had ignored it or hadn't heard it at all.

Liex smiled slightly to himself, "Good, I know of a good place. I have people there who can help hide us." He said softly, he hadn't seen them in a while. He always had felt more at ease with them, he just didn't go see them often since he couldn't risk someone finding out that hiding place. They even knew his real name, there were only a handful of people who knew that.

He stopped as he heard Alice speaking out loud, his cheeks colored slightly as he scratched his cheek, "Well... it is dark. If you want to keep holding hands then I guess it's fine... to stay safe and all." He said as he reached out and clasped her hand again. He found that he liked the feel of it, but then felt his face heat up from the thought, and because he just noticed that he squeezed down slightly on her hand.

Liex cursed at himself, he wasn't sure why he did that. Just that he liked it and wanted to do it more. Luckily, or unluckily, after a few minutes of following the sewers Liex came to a manhole that led to the alley behind his building. Still holding onto Alice, Liex focused and teleported up onto the alley, he pulled Alice in close and pressed himself against a wall. He strained his ears and focused to see if they were being followed. He could hear the sounds of a second helicopter far down the street.

He nodded to himself and focused again, teleporting into the building and leading Alice up to their safe house. He let them in, then finally let go of Alice. "Get some sleep, Alice. I'll set things up so we can leave first thing tomorrow morning. I'll be in the room all night, I need to keep an especially close eye on my cameras, you're welcome to join me if you'd like." He said as he walked off into the room with the monitors, leaving the door open in case Alice did go in after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.