The Heroes And The "Villain" (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was just going to try healing that wound you've got on your side." Alice replied to him, "I won't do anything, if you'd prefer I didn't."

Alice looked at the clothes. She could have cared less if they were the latest fashion. She just wanted to get out of the memory that was her super hero uniform. Alice didn't have any bags, meaning she would have to burn the black leotard she was currently in. There was no point in preserving something like that either.

The reason Alice had burned her clothes was because they had all been a lie and that's all it would ever remind her of. She was unknown to everyone because of that M and her cape, but now she was going to be Alice. Alice Eldwin Baumgarde. She was going to try her best not to spend too much money. At this point time, she figured that money was pretty crucial. She didn't question why he had clothes that were to small for him and quite frankly she didn't care. It was at this point in time that Alice realized she could be a person. Her whole life, she had been controlled by the government, but now she could have a personality if she wanted. She seemed to be lacking one in her opinion...

Liex raised an eyebrow at that, "Wait. You can heal other people? I never read about that on the documents I got on you. Then again, I didn't think you could do what you did yesterday." Liex said with a shrug. He scratched his cheek as he thought about it, if she did heal him then he wouldn't have to waste time on healing. And if they were being chased he would be able to get away or fight back. Plus it was a pain in his ass having a wound. He always hated not being at full health, he felt like he was a liability on other people if he couldn't carry his own weight.

Liex nodded and sat down on a chair, he took off his bandages and sat back, "Feel free to start at any time. The sooner the better though."

"What I did yesterday was simply bad luck... their guns jammed, causing them to implode upon themselves. It was just a more widespread version of what I did when I jammed the guns inside the building..." Alice grimaced as the memories ran through her, "Anyway, I don't know if I can heal others, it was just something that I wanted to try. It might not work..."

Alice sighed and then looked at the wound. She studied it for a few moments and then let her shadows run around her hands for a few moment and the shadow turned white. She then pressed her hands on to the exposed wound and watched as her shadows seeped into the wound. She used a little more shadow energy than she would have liked, so it was possible that he would be feeling a little bit powerful for the next few hours. However, she was unsure. Alice removed her hands and waited for about three minutes before the wound started to become nothing more than a simple cut. For the most part it was healed. Alice looked up at Liex and nodded before giving him some space.

"I supposed that it worked this time..." Alice said quietly. Though she could not guarantee that she would be able to do that every time. Especially since her powers were suited for destruction rather than healing. Though this time it had worked and that was all that mattered at this point.

Her black hair covered her face as she felt a breeze, "I hate to be the one to make requests, but I need to go to the library. I know that I'm not human, but I want to know what I am... because up until now... I was just a weapon..."

Liex felt a strange surge of power flow through him as Alice healed him. He trembled slightly as the sensation felt foreign to him, he chalked it up to the shadow energy from Alice and shrugged it off. As she backed up Liex stood up and inspected the wound, or the spot where the wound was. His eyes widened slightly as he saw the wound was now just a cut. He moved around and tested how it felt, and was pleased to find that he didn't feel anything at all. In fact he felt better than he did in a while.

Liex looked up at Alice as she started to talk, when she mentioned the library he scratched his cheek and thought about it. It had been years since he'd stepped into a library. And somehow he felt like the last place anyone would look for him and Alice was in a library. He closed his eyes and thought on it a bit longer until he finally nodded. "We'll go then. Not right away of course. We'll have to wait at least a week just to make sure we're not seen." Liex said as he spun on his heel and walked to the entrance of the care, "Now go change. We'll be leaving soon."

He stopped as he was about to step foot out of the cave and looked over his shoulder at Alice, "Also, forget about what you might have been before. Human or not. You are a person. You're not a weapon or a tool any longer." He then stepped out of the cave and down into the brush. He followed a hidden trail he had set up and eventually came across a car he had hidden away. He knew that when the job was done he wouldn't be able to just steal a random car, so he had this set up for him at the last second, right down to the necessary paper work. Sure, Liex was a fugitive, but he had the right ties in the right places. And throwing around some money always helps.

Alice scurried off to change. She did it rather hurriedly and when she finished, she went to run an errand on her own. Alice was swimming in money. Being a tool for the government had its perks. She used her shadows to fly and cover ground as fast as she could. She hoped that Liex would wait just a moment while she did something. Alice managed to make it back to society and not a single recognized her and she was bumped into and even pushed to the ground. Alice shrugged it off. She couldn't believe that these people had praised her before. She got up and looked around for a bank. After finding one, she made up a bogus account and cut the cameras off using her bad luck. The clerk gave her a look of disdain, but nonetheless her job was to be done.

The account took longer than expected to get activated, but eventually she had finished. Then she looked around for a coffee shop and looked and noticed that there were computers available for public use. She looked at the time. Liex was probably getting angry, but she was doing something really important. After the computer took its sweet time booting up, Alice "hacked" into her bank account and transferred a grand total of 60,004,765 dollars to her bogus account. Of course Alice then gave the computer upgrade, but making its router bounce all over the world and it was pretty much untraceable at this point.

She returned to the bank and the clerk who had serviced her before was now smiling as Alice withdrew all of the money. Alice then requested to terminate the account she had just made, which was a lengthy process, but then Alice gave the clerk 4765 dollars leaving her with an even 60 million. Needless to say, Alice covered her tracks by silently killing the clerk with her own shadow. Alice looked around to see if anyone had seen and she stepped behind the counter to erase the transaction record of her account and terminating it also. Therefore there would be no record that any money or transaction had been made at all.

This all took about one to two hours and so Liex was probably going to be furious. Alice shook the thoughts away and carried the money away using shadows to avoid any suspicions. It took her five minutes to get back to Liex's location once she was in the air. She landed back down on the ground and set the bag of money down. It definitely was not light.

Liex opened the door to the car and started it up, smiling slightly as he heard the engine start. He drove it around and out of the brush and up to the entrance of the cave. He left it running and got out of the car, he walked to the cave and stepped in. But he stopped and raised an eyebrow as he saw Alice was no where to be seen. He frowned and walked to the room in the back and knocked on the closed door before opening it and looking in. Liex gritted his teeth as he saw no one was in there.

He slammed the door shut, almost tearing out the handle from the door. Had she left? But he was so sure she was going to stay. All that time wasted for nothing! He sat on a rock and fumed, his brow furrowed and his mouth turned into a sneer. He tried to be kind and this was how he was repaid? He fumed for a few minutes until he calmed down and thought about it more.

Alice seemed sure to stay, she had even healed him. Why would she do it if she was just going to leave? If anything having him wounded would be better since she'd be able to get away from him faster. He laced his fingers together and held them under his chin with his eyes closed. It didn't make sense that she'd just up and leave. She had even told him her name, why would she leave after revealing such information? These thoughts ran through his mind again and again. Finally he opened his eyes.

He would wait. 3 hours. Max. If she had not returned by that time he was gone.

After two hours of him waiting on the boulder Alice finally returned. He stood up and walked to her, fuming all the way. "Why did you just leave? You didn't so much as even hint that you would be leaving. When you want to just up and leave somewhere you damn well better tell me. This time I'll let it slide but the next time I won't be so forgiving." He said in a low voice. In time he'd be able to trust her while she was on her own. But not now when they had only been together for a day. Liex looked down when the bag caught his eye, "What's in the bag?"

"Sixty million dollars." Alice said flatly.

She had expected to be scolded and she did not protest anything that Liex said to her. Alice would have remained quiet and taken whatever he had to say had he not addressed her directly with the question. But they were going to need money and quite a bit of it. She slightly wondered if he'd ask where'd she gotten this kind of money, any normal person would. The other 4765 dollars she had left at the bank with the clerk's dead body. It was more of a set up for someone who had tried to steal money from the bank and died in the process which happened more often then people would probably like to admit.

Alice listened to Liex's words. He had said that he wouldn't babysit her and she didn't want to be a burden on him. She had just been trying to let him know that she could carry her own weight and some of his if the time ever came for something like that. Alice used her shadows and pushed the bags towards Liex so he could see it's contents. The money would easily fit into the trunk. In side the bag with the money was also a briefcase in which to encase the money for easier carry.

Liex opened his mouth to scold her some more then stopped, his mouth still open. His eyes narrowed and his mouth closed. That much money? She had gotten that much money in under 2 hours? That was impossible, she'd done something to get it, but he couldn't figure out what. He stared at her with a hard look, "Where did you get this money? We don't need this much money right now. I have more than enough to suit our needs. Hell, if I stopped taking on jobs I'd be able to survive on what I have for at least 50 more years. So why and how did you get all this money." He said through clenched teeth.

He was angry, but more due to worry. If she had done something like stealing it they could be tracked by how they spent the money. And if she wasn't careful she might have been followed. Liex looked down at his wrist and noticed the time, he stepped past Alice and grabbed the bag. He opened a compartment in the trunk and hid the suitcase under it. He looked at Alice over his shoulder then got inside the car. "Come on, we're running out of time. I want to get there before sun-set. Hurry up and get in the car."

"I worked for the government..." Alice said simply, "I just opened my account and then terminated it..."

She was hoping that he'd at least understand that she had covered her tracks. Alice didn't really feel like going through such a lengthy explanation about how she had managed to get the money and cover her tracks in two hours. She got into the car, her head down. Alice looked out the window. She had only been trying to help, not get him pissed off, but she supposed it was her own fault for going off like that without warning. She realized the errors of her ways and like a child that had been scolded she turned to face him.

"I won't leave again. I'm sorry." Her eyes stared into his.

Alice then reverted her gaze back to the window. This partnership with Liex was going to be harder than expected and as for the money, you could almost never have too much of it. On top of which, Alice would need the money when her and Maximus had their reunion which would undoubtedly happen.

Liex sighed frustratedly, and said nothing. He was still annoyed and now he was on edge. What if she hadn't done a good job of covering her tracks? Now they could be looking for them for robbing a bank. Their searches would be relentless, and even if she hadn't been caught, what would they do if they got pulled over and a cop found the money? You just can't explain away a suit case of money. Unless he's a crooked cop but what were the chances of that happening?

As Liex grumbled in his head, Alice looked into his eyes and apologized. This stopped his grumbling and made him sigh again just as frustratedly as earlier. "Look we're partners now. We need to know where the other person is since we're the only back-up we got. If you had told me where you were going I would have waited without getting so mad at you. So, it's fine this time. Just forget it and don't do it again." Liex said as he turned round a corner and took out a small detonator.

He tossed it at Alice, "You can blow it up if you want, I imagine you don't get many chances to blow things up. It's quite satisfying."

Alice nodded and then when he tossed the detonator, she looked slightly surprised. She was feeling a little different with the detonator in her tiny hands. Alice felt as though she was about to leave everything behind with just this button and start again with something new. Alice took a deep breath and she pressed the detonator and watched as debris flew everywhere. She felt as though some part of her had died and at this very moment, she was just too fed up to care. There was nothing more for her than despair where she had been. Now was something she was going to have to get used to. Alice sighed and she looked at the device in her hands. It actually reminded herself... having been used only to be tossed away when your use had been fulfilled. And with all this, she had to admit she felt oddly satisfied.

"Okay," Alice said looking at the ground, "Let's go..."
Alice was not scared as much as she was wondering about the people she'd encounter. They would have no idea that she was once the idol of the world. She was the one that everyone had relied on up until yesterday. And X... what were they doing. Was he searching for her? Alice certainly hoped not... That would only lead to fighting and quite a bit of arguing. She cringed at the thought of seeing her friends again and the hurt looks on their faces.

Liex watched the debris fly out as Alice pressed the detonator. He smirked and nodded, "Satisfying right? If you're having a bad day, nothing helps more than seeing something blow up." He said as he started the car again and drove off. Following a trail and then turning onto a road. He kept a close eye on his speed and made damn sure there was nothing else wrong with the car. He wanted to avoid being pulled over, if he was pulled over there was a good chance he and Alice would be recognized and he'd have to get rid of the officer. He wanted to not have that happen, it'd be too much of a hassle.

After a few hours they reached the city limits. Liex took turn after turn, going deeper into the city and to the more seedy parts of it. He turned into an alley and stopped the car. He stepped out, looking up and down the alley, "We're here." He said to Alice. He walked around and opened the trunk, reaching in and pulling out the case of money. He looked over at Alice and nodded for her to follow him, he walked through a door and up a staircase. Going up and passing multiple doors on the way, someone peeked their head out then immediately went back inside as they saw him. This cause an amused smirk to split his face.

Finally he reached the final door on the last floor, he reached into his pocket and proceeded to unlock the door and step inside. He flicked on a light and breathed in deeply and sighed, "We're home." He said more to himself as he looked over the large room.

Alice looked around. She didn't know if she could call it home just yet. In fact, she had never had a place she could truly call "home". Her entire life had been based on nothing, but lies up until now. She had no idea what was in store for the moment. Alice wondered who had been at the door. The warmth from their body was there, but then it had disappeared. However, Alice thought nothing of it. She was sure she would not be harmed if she was with Liex. Especially if that person happened to be an ally.

What worried Alice, were the villains she had put away. She had no doubt that they would all recognize her eyes. Alice's stare was always full of hate and it was unforgiving. However, if one got to know her, the thought simply went away. But for the villains she had fought prior to only remembered the nightmares or visions they had experienced when they looked into her eyes. It was likely that they wouldn't just simply forgive her for that. Alice supposed that was where the money would come in handy. Liex would not have to pay this way.

X and Omi:
They were on the road. MRAX tower had been left standing. A bounty of one million dollars had been placed for Alice's capture. Wherever X went, he saw a picture of Alice and his alien heart ached with pain. He missed her dearly and the betrayal had hurt him even more so. Alice's hurt look was not easily forgotten and he would do whatever it took to ensure that the two of them could be together. He felt that the two of them had something and he was not about to that scumbag, Somnium take it away.

At Forrow Heights:

Maximus and his team had dispersed and were looking for Alice in all the wrong places. They ran into dead end after dead end. Maximus was getting frustrated and he wondered how Alice could have led him on all these paths from something as simple as a bank. It just simply wasn't done. His team was forced to back track and wait for Alice to come up on the radar again, but at this point, it seemed as though that would be a long wait. Maximus had missed his chance and he was not happy about it.

Liex closed the door behind Alice and locked it, the clicking and clacking of the locks sounded throughout the room as Liex turned all 6 locks. He turned around and walked to a closet, "I get paranoid so I need multiple locks to feel safe. I also have a surveillance system to help keep an eye out." He said offhandedly as he opened the door and tossed in the case of money, not caring which way it landed.

He closed the door and looked at Alice as he scratched his head, "So I have 4 rooms. Two of them are being used by me so you can't use them, you'll know which ones they are since I typically have them locked, personal space and all that. You can use one of the other two though, it doesn't matter which one since they're both being used for storage and only have a couple of boxes in them."

He spun on his heel and walked to the small kitchen, he opened the fridge and inspected the contents as he bent over slightly. He straightened his back and closed it as he leaned against a counter, "We have enough food to last us a couple of days. When we need to go out and get more we'll buy you more clothes, for now you'll have to deal with my baggy shirts and jeans," He paused and scratched his cheek, "Not sure what you're going to do about underwear though. It's not like I normally buy what you would wear after all." He said with a shrug.

Liex walked to a door again and unlocked it and stepped inside the room, "I'll be in busy in here for a few hours, if you want to come in and discuss something or need help just knock. Otherwise just make yourself at home, watch tv or use the laptop that's on the coffee table or something." He said over his shoulder as he closed the door and locked it.

He flicked on a switch on the wall and the lights flickered to life, illuminating the small room and the multiple screens on the wall. Liex sat down at his desk and flicked a few more switches, cameras turned on and fed images to the screens. Liex kept a close eye on them, keeping an eye out for the alley and street. He nodded to himself and then took out a laptop, he turned it on and checked over any messages he had, checking if there were any new contracts he had. He also sent his employer a confirmation that Liex had completed his assassination contract. The room was filled with the noises of Liex typing at his keyboard.

Alice was glad for the darkness. It hid her blush when Liex mentioned underwear. She had no idea how she was going to solve that problem. In fact, she was probably going to have to hand wash the ones she was wearing and then wear them again. Alice sighed. Of all the inconveniences, she had to wear Liex's clothes without underwear while they dried... Alice didn't mind all of the locks. She had more back at MRAX tower. However, that hadn't stopped Liex from getting inside somehow, even with all the security. Alice shook her head. What did any of that matter anymore?

She watched him disappear into a room and she hovered away. Alice had not yet touched the ground, but she was just trying to be polite seeing as she was already wearing his clothes and would now be staying here. She would try her best not to make a mess. However, Alice didn't have much experience to being in someone else's home for an extended period of time. She also didn't mind wearing clothes that were more or less too big, but she wondered if wearing a man's clothes was a bit indecent of her.

Alice didn't have much to do and so she slept on the floor... or on her shadows rather... She had a nightmare... However, she always had nightmares. This time, X was in her nightmare. He kept calling and reaching out to her. Every time Alice tried to reach for him, he passed away in her arms. It was disturbing and caused to her shiver uncontrollably in a sleep she could not seem to wake up from.

Liex stood up from his desk and stretched, his back popped as he bent backwards. He rubbed his sore eyes and yawned, he was tired from staring at nothing but screens and he longed for nothing more than to go to bed. He unlocked his door and stepped out, locking it behind him again. He turned to go into his room and noticed Alice was lying on shadows. He raised an eyebrow as he saw her shiver in her sleep, he quietly walked to her and stood over her, wondering if he should wake her.

He shook his head and spun on his heel, he wouldn't baby her, he had said so himself. His hand reached out to the door knob of his room, but it stopped short. He looked at Alice over his shoulder, his heart felt uneasy just leaving her to suffer in her nightmare. He shook his head quickly, she probably has them every night, he thought to himself.

But waking her up and sparing her from a nightmare isn't necessarily babying, another part of him rationalized. After a few minutes of standing and debating with himself he spun on his heel and walked to Alice again. He crouched down and nudged her shoulder, "Hey, wake up. You're having a nightmare."

Alice jumped when found Liex crouching down next to her. She shivered even after she woke up. That was new to her. Usually she stopped, but things were different now. Perhaps this was why she continued to tremble like a leaf in the wind. Alice fell to the ground with a thump having lost concentration on her shadows. She looked at Liex and her body started to register that it was awake and began to calm down. She was feeling a little embarrassed that she made Liex wake her up simply because she was having a nightmare like she did every night. Regardless, she was grateful. She was going to try to be a little more careful and try not to make him go out of his way to help her. She was getting off to a very good start by the ways things were going tonight.

"I'm sorry... thank you..." Alice said softly. She didn't say another word. Liex looked more exhausted than she did at the moment and she didn't plan on keeping him up with her useless rhetoric. Instead she smiled weakly and meditated in an attempt to keep her powers in check. She didn't want to have another nightmare that evening unless she had eaten something entirely abnormal.

S.S.H.Q (Secret Service Headquarters)
Maximus had lost Misfortune's trail entirely. He had not been able to pick up her general location since her bank account had been emptied. He was infuriated that she had just slipped through his fingers like oil. There was work that had to be done and he needed Misfortune's powers to complete it. Maximus didn't like to admit it, but his entire corporation was falling apart without their hero. They had relied too much on Misfortune's popularity that they had neglected other parts of the industry and now they were suffering for it. He slammed his fist down on the table and turned to face his computer his screen. There wasn't a disturbance anywhere and more importantly, not a single trace of Misfortune... anywhere.

Somewhere in the woods... in the middle of no where...

X and Omi had been traveling for some time now. The two of them still had no luck picking up Misfortune's trail. X was having frequent nightmares about Alice and how he would never be able to be with her. It was troublesome and it sometimes distracted him on days where him and Omi traveled great distances. They wandered on and they didn't know it, but they had long since passed the place where Alice and Liex resided. It was as though fate was trying to keep the friends apart, but for what reason would that be?

Liex looked at Alice through narrowed eyes, he knew she wasn't ok, she was pretty shaken by whatever it was she was dreaming out. He would have pressured her and asked her if she really was ok, but he was tired. He stood up and rubbed his shoulder, "If you insist that you're ok then fine. If at any point you want to sleep again, there's blankets in that closet and you can lie out on the couch. I'm going to bed now. Good night."

He yawned as he walked away from Alice and opened the door to his room. He closed it behind him and looked over his bedroom, it was relatively well kept but it had some clothes littered on the floor that he had forgotten to pick up from the last time he was there. But at the moment he couldn't care less about them, so he stripped down, pulling off his shirt and jeans and tossed himself on the bed. As soon as his head hit the pillow he closed his eyes and slept.

The Next Morning

Liex woke up and sat up straight in his bed, his breathing was quick and he felt himself covered in a cold sweat. He placed hand on his forehead and thought about why he awoke like this, again he had had a nightmare of his past. Ever since he met Alice that first day and she made him relive his old memories he'd been reliving the memories in his sleep. He sighed a bit angrily, he really hated those memories.

He swung his legs over his bed and stumbled out of his room and into the kitchen, pulling out food from the fridge and starting the stove so he could prepare something to eat.

Alice hears Liex moving around. She had not slept again that night. She turned around and then quickly looked away. Her face was red and she hid her face in the shadows. Alice wasn't one to nit pick about other's habits. However, she tried her best at keeping her mouth shut when Liex walked into the kitchen shirtless. Alice fell on the ground with another thump having lost concentration for the second time in twenty four hours. This time, it was her fault.

Alice tried her best not to stare and she found her heart thumping loudly in her chest. She was suddenly having a hard time simply being around Liex. She sat on the floor and was tense. Alice dared to glance again and then she turned back around. Liex wasn't wearing pants either. She cursed herself for choosing now of all times to be a girl. Alice scolded herself again. She needed to be professional. Now was not the time to be gawking at Liex. Besides she had the choice of whether or not she could focus right?

"Good Morning..." Alice said quietly. It was probably to quiet for Liex to here, but she didn't want to be rude. At least her face was covered up by her shadows. She was trying her best not to stare at him.

Liex turned his head back to look at Alice and raised an eyebrow at how she was hiding her face. He shrugged it off and continued cooking, he was far too groggy to think about why she could be acting like that. "Good morning. Did you ever go back to sleep?" He said as he emptied a pan of eggs and began using it again to cook bacon.

"I'll have the food ready in a sec, in the mean time you can shower, I have some clothes stored in the bathroom already so you don't have to worry about that." He said loud enough for Alice to hear. He then thought about what he'd do that day. It was still far too early to go out and shop, so he thought about looking for a contract to do soon. But then he remembered the money Alice brought along, although he didn't admit it at the time, all that money would really come in handy.

Since he had the money he could stay hiding for a long time, but he wasn't one to sit around and not doing anything for a long time. He supposed he could use all that time to help Alice with whatever it was she needed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.