The Heroes And The "Villain" (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice heard gunfire and she sighed. The government had reached the enemy before she had a chance to talk to them. Now she had no choice but to fight them. She wondered if Somnium really was behind the assassination. He wouldn't just blow his cover like that on any normal day would he? On top of which he had assassinated the Vice President, but for what reason she was unsure. Alice saw the smoke and used her shadows to disperse it. There was only one way she could go inside the building now and that was through the window where the smoke had come out. As she got closer, she could hear voices. One was too quiet to recognize and the other was loud and boisterous. It definitely wasn't Somnium, but the other... It was just risky at this point. Using the smoke as cover, she appeared more or less invisible, but if one stopped moving entirely they could see her.

Alice didn't want this other person to cause any trouble and so she again used her bad luck abilities to jam the guns of both sides, making fire cease for the most part. Using the guns would be risking a backfire and a clean shot to the face or shoulder. While the SWAT team was distracted, Alice's suspicions had been confirmed. Somnium really had been behind the whole thing.

"You." Alice said, her voice was full of venom and disgust.

The SWAT team more or less stared at Alice, now unable to shoot anything and on top of which now that Alice was in the way, anything they did had the chance of backfiring. It was a horrible situation, but the question now was did Somnium and his cohort know this? It was unlikely, but it would benefit them to such a thing. Especially when Alice's super hero name was Misfortune, since everyone had forgotten her real name except herself.

Omi heard the sudden gunfire stop and then zoomed up the building reaching the top in seconds, only to see the guy from before. Omi's curved into a frown. What was with this guy? It just never stopped with him. Misfortune wasn't going to fall for his rhetoric so he should surrender before Misfortune loses herself like she did last time... Upon remembrance, Omi shivered. What he had seen was horrifying. It had been all too real.

X was not visible at the moment, hiding in Jake's very own shadow, not moving at all. In this way he was just trying to get what information he could before revealing himself and attempting to capture Jake and potentially capture, Somnium. Since X couldn't kill Somnium for what he did to Misfortune, he would do his best to make him suffer for it. And for nearly exposing his heart felt feelings towards her, only to toss them in the dirt with an insult. However, it was obvious that Misfortune had missed that entire conversation, much to his luck.

Liex and Jake ducked back behind the table as their guns jammed suddenly, Liex gave a frustrated hiss as Jake grunted, "Yo man why the fuck is this jammed, our dealer said AKs never jam!." Liex glared at him as he took out the magazine and heard a voice filled with disgust, he looked up and grinned as he saw Misfortune.

"Well hello princess. You must be the one jamming our guns," He looked over the table and spotted Omi rushing into the room, "And you brought your pets. Although I can't find that shadowy one," He nudged Jake and nodded at Misfortune, "There's our guest. You remember the plan?"

Jake smirked and reached into his bag and took out a handful of small pellets, he tossed them on the ground and a bright flash filled the room. Liex and Jake jumped over the table and using a dagger dispatched the SWAT members quickly. They flicked their daggers and the blood spattered on the floor, "Nothing like the smell of fresh blood, ain't that right Somnium?" Jake said to Liex with a cocky grin on his face.

"I prefer the smell of gunpowder mixed with blood." Liex said with a smirk of his own. Despite his smirk he was on edge, he had willingly given himself away to bring Misfortune to him but he wasn't sure what would happen next. Either Misfortune's superiors would trust her to handle him or they would bring in helicopters to surround him. He dreaded this, he had a back-up plan for this but still he was on edge.

Jake on the other hand was excited, he had killed plenty of humans but this would be the first time he'd get to kill aliens. He couldn't help but wonder how their blood would look as he drove his knife into them.

Liex slid his dagger back into a holster on his hip and smiled at Misfortune, "So, you came. Just like I expected. I'd rather not fight you, you're far too precious for me to hurt." Jake threw a look at Liex, "The fuck man, why you flirting with her? I thought we came to kill her, not to get you a girlfriend."

Liex sighed, "We came to try and recruit her. I have no interest in relationships, you know this. But, you can kill her friends if they get in my way. Now then Misfortune, I'd like to not fight at all, I would say I want to talk..." He looked at her with a smirk, "But I know my words affected you the last time, and you've thought about what I've said. So, what do you say? Will you join me now?"

(OOC: I don't know about you, but this roleplay is probably my favorite right now.)

Alice glared at Jake, "You hurt my friends!?"

X grimaced in pain as the light burned his skin causing him to curl up and shiver on the ground, howling it what appeared to be obvious pain.

"I'll never forgive you!" Alice's eyes turned white again, her anger nearly at its peak, thanks to her injured friend. She used her shadows to grab Jake by the throat and make him look into her eyes of pure hatred. Omi shut his eyes tightly not wanting to see what he saw the last time. There was something different this time as multiple Alices had now appeared. All of them were illusions, but if you were the target of said nightmare, you were in trouble for your life. And all of them started talking at once.

"You're not welcome here anymore!" The Alices said, one by one as they walked through Jake, shadows taking oxygen away little by little, making it hard to breathe. It was possible that only Jake could see these other Alices, while everyone else just noticed Alice nearly strangling Jake to death, her anger nearly out of control.

X coughed, "Misfortune! Stop... You're better than this!"
He winced in pain at the burns on his skin. Omi turned invisible and rushed to stop Alice and he jumped on her back and covered her eyes so her illusions would stop. Alice's shadow created a fierce image of flesh falling off Omi's skin before seeping back into her and disappearing entirely. She grabbed her head, her own shadow dropping Jake and disappearing.

"There's so much pain! Why can't I... remember?" Alice looked up at Sominum, "What do you want with me?"

Her eyes had returned normal and she shivered uncontrollably as she gained control of her powers yet again. Why couldn't he just leave her alone. She had nothing to give him. Why was he so insistent?

[SPOILI]Alice could remember only a little now. She remembered the cage she was put in as a child. Maximus had said it was to keep the bad people out and she believed him. But later she overheard them talking. The cage was to keep her powers under control. They were afraid of her of what she was, but what was she? Alice couldn't remember. She tried so hard to remember about her birth, but nothing came to mind. It was all just nothing but darkness. That's all she ever remembered, was being alone in the dark, with no one there... Always she was in the dark, with her eyes so full of hate...[/SPOILI]

(OOC: Oh no I agree. I'm enjoying being an antagonist. I rarely get to play the role.)

Liex tried to reach out for Jake and pull him back from Misfortune but was too late, he gritted his teeth and turned his eyes away, knowing better than to look at her eyes. 'Shit, should've warned him.' He thought fleetingly as he focused and meditated to prevent any of Misfortunes effects.

Jake on the other hand was in his own personal hell. His mouth opened and closed rapidly like a fish out of water. He clawed at Misfortune's hands, trying to pull her hands away and draw in a precious gulp of oxygen. When she finally let go of him Jake fell into a pile as he gasped in as much air as his lungs allowed. He coughed violently as he struggled to back away from her. Liex, hearing the commotion, reached out and pulled Jake away. He looked down at Jake with worry in his eyes, more for how much more difficult it would be to escape than for his well-being.

"Hey... hey look at me. You going to be ok? Ease up on the gasping, relax you idiot." Liex hissed down at Jake, trying not to shake him to prevent harming him. Liex looked up when Misfortune addressed him. "What do I want? I suppose I should make it clear."

He stood up and looked directly at her, "I want to help you. Look at your name. Misfortune. That is what your life is full of, right? That's all it's been, right? So has mine. I grew up as nothing but street trash. I was used as a tool by everyone and everything. You're suffering the same fate," He stepped forward and hesitated slightly, but them stepped again. He stopped in front of her and grasped her chin. "You're being used. You've been molded into their perfect weapon. They don't even remember your real name. In all the documents I've found on you, they all call you Misfortune."

He let go of her and put his hands behind his back, "They care not for you, but for what you can do for them."

"Stop it!" Alice closed her eyes tightly as Somnium grabbed her chin.

"Don't listen to him Misfortune, he's lying!" Maximus said from the background, "Think of everything I've given you! Everyone in this city adores you! You are there hero! You aren't really going to believe such rubbish?"

Maximus was not physically there. In fact, Misfortune was seeing what the government had implanted into her mind long ago. However, she herself did not know that and looked around, not spotting Maximus anywhere.

Alice couldn't help but believe his words. It was true... no one remembered her name. They stopped calling her 'Alice' a long time ago. Maximus himself didn't even remember and that was the person Alice had begun to trust. And then she thought of her name. Not once had Alice been truly happy. Every day she struggled to contain her powers and keep them from harming others. Had she really been molded into the government's weapon? It was then that Maximus himself really did show himself.

"You really are perfect, Misfortune," Maximus said, "But you're not a weapon, you're a hero. You help people for the good of the world. How does that make you a weapon?" There was something off about Maximus. His voice shook ever so slightly and a bead of sweat fell down the side of his face and unfortunately for him, Alice had not missed it.

"You're afraid of me aren't you?" Alice asked, slightly hurt.

"Alice, we're not afraid, we're worried that you'll make the wrong choice. And go with that criminal." Maximus said as the fear became more apparent.

"DON'T LIE TO ME MAXIMUS!" Alice bellowed, her anger rising, "You're afraid of me, of my powers, of what I can do. You've always been afraid. That's why you want to control. Well I'm not your puppet anymore!"

"Subdue her!" Maximus yelled at Omi and X, who did nothing, but stare in disbelief at what was happening.

There was a burst of shadow energy from Alice and she disappeared... thought not really, she was hiding in the shadow of Somnium, but her glowing white eyes gave it away. However, Maximus glanced only for a moment and started shouting in horror at what he was seeing... Alice had figured it out and was turning against him to find out the truth. That was what he feared... Alice's revenge.

Liex could see that Misfortune was growing more and more hurt, but this was what he needed, he thought grimly. She needed to be hurt so she could question everything, from how she was raised to her relationships with her friends and the people who pretended to be her friends. He saw no other way to make her realize this, even if it was unfortunate and risky.

Liex looked over his shoulder as he heard someone enter the room, his back stiffened and his muscles tightened as he saw it was Maximus. Liex knew very well who he was, they had met before when Liex took on contracts from Maximus' higher ups. But Liex slowly relaxed as he saw the confrontation between Maximus and Misfortune.

This was good, this was what he needed. Or at least that was what he thought until Misfortune disappeared in a burst of shadow energy. He shielded his eyes then looked up, a slightly confused look on his face, failing to see her anywhere.

But Liex whipped his head around as he heard Maximus howl in horror, he smirked slightly and rushed down to pick up Jake. Feeling that now it was time to beat a hasty retreat. As he stepped closer to Jake something caught his eye, he looked down at his shadow and noticed the pair of glowing eyes. Liex quickly averted his eyes and knew now where she was hiding, he decided to remain there for a while more to see how this played out. And to see if he was leaving that day with a new partner.

Alice closed her eyes and did not move from Somnium's shadow. When he moved, so did she... and that would continue until she tore herself away from his shadow. It was possible that no one could see it, but she was feeling more pain than ever and when she was solid again, the tears from her face would fall to the ground...

"Misfortune please..." X said, knowing where Misfortune was hiding, "Please don't go with him. You don't know what he's after."

X was hurting and he realized that someone he cared for- loved, was leaving him. It was as though his world was shattering before him and all he wanted was for Misfortune to be by his side.

"Misfortune we don't have to work for Maximus, just please don't go with him..." X whispered, his words reaching Misfortune. He was nothing but a crumpled burnt figure on the ground. He could not do anything to stop Misfortune from leaving if that was what she desired.

Alice heard X's words and it cut her like a blade through flesh. She knew what he was saying and it would be even harder to go with Somnium if he said it directly... It was as though fate was trying tear Alice to shreds because no sooner had she thought this, X whispered, "I love you, Alice"

He knew her name... He had always known it. Since the day they met he had known her name and now he had proven it to her. There was nothing more he could do. Alice would accept him or leave him. It would all be decided here and now.

"I'm sorry, X..." Alice whispered back her voice resonating through the room as Maximus shivered in a crumpled on the floor still experiencing the after effects of Alice's nightmare.

Liex watched the interaction between X and Misfortune, for once deciding not to make a snide remark. Even when X said he loved her. Liex knew very well how it felt to lose someone important, granted he didn't know how it felt to lose a person you loved. But he'd lost plenty of people. He stayed quiet and stood still, wondering what to do next. He figured Misfortune would just remain in his shadow even if he moved, but would she be able to stay if he teleported?

Jake moved and groaned, signaling he was conscious again. Liex bent down and helped him up, "We're leaving." He hissed quietly, Maximus was knocked down by Misfortune, it was only a matter of time before back up arrived. And with helicopters, Liex thought grimly.

He went and gathered weapons, slinging assault rifles over his shoulder and sliding tube like things into a bag that he then threw at Jake. He stopped as he heard Misfortune say she was sorry. He threw a look at Maximus who was on the ground then walked to the door with Jake in tow, "Princess, we're leaving. If you're coming then come. But keep close, I'll have to start teleporting us once we get outside."

Alice didn't say anything. She hated to have been addressed as princess. That was a word she utterly despised because it was something she would never be, could never be... It was safe to assume that Alice had become Somnium's shadow. She could not be hurt in this form, but she could not use her powers to their full extent either. There was the sound of several helicopters swarming in and Alice remembered that she could handle this all very easily and without much commotion. She was a free being now and thinking this, she tore herself away from Somnium shadow, becoming her own person again.

"If you follow my lead, I can get us out of here without much disturbance. I still don't know what it is I'm going to gain while being with you and I still don't know if I can trust you yet, but I can't let people get hurt..." Alice said, her voice small, but enough for Somnium and his cohort to hear.

She walked out to meet the fleet of helicopters. There was no fear in her eyes, only pain for what she was going to do.
"Hold your fire!" She yelled, her voice nearly breaking. She was leaving her team behind...
She was leaving her friends behind...
"I've got them, there's no need for your backup..."
Alice was leaving her family behind...

She had jammed the guns of the helicopters, of the snipers, of everyone but Somnium and his cohort. If they shoot, they would kill themselves. It was all up to chance now.
"Please don't shoot..." A single tear shown on her face before it disappeared on her warm skin.

"Sorry, Misfortune, we can't do that. Open fire!" The general yelled.

Alice looked away as nearly ten helicopters imploded upon themselves and several snipers fell dead. The path was clear for escape now. Alice slid into Somnium's shadow again... ready to go... as several other ground men made their way to the scene, though they wouldn't be enough to stop them now...

Liex blinked as Misfortune came out of his shadow and lead the way, he wasn't sure what she could against those helicopters. He was more than prepared to take them out with a rocket launcher he had stuffed into the bags. But, he didn't doubt her abilities and decided to trust her. Jake on the other hand didn't think the same, "Hey hey, the fuck are we doing? Are we really going to trust... her? She almost fucking killed me! She's going to turn us in to those damn cops." Jake hissed out lowly to make sure Misfortune didn't hear him.

Liex silenced him with a sharp glare, "Quiet. At the moment I trust her more than you. She's made her decision. She's on our side." He turned his attention back to her as they stepped out into the open, facing a multitude of police, SWAT, and helicopters. The color drained slightly from Liex's face as he took out his rifle and cocked it, Jake mimicking him in preparation of the gun-fight they expected.

Liex's grip on his rifle softened though as he saw what Misfortune had done, the quick disposal of all the big threats astounded him. A smirk split his face and he laughed, "I'm glad to have recruited you! You're amazing!" He said with a laugh. He readied his rifle again as Misfortune sunk into his shadow, most likely what she had done had rocked her Liex thought. It would be a shock if she wasn't affected by going against the people she was allies with only moments ago.

He nodded at Jake and smirked, "Let's get out of here." They opened fire on the men that advanced on them, but Liex slowly gained ground as they used the flashes in Jake's bag. Finally they reached a squad car and jumped in, turning it on and ramming through the blockades.

Once they got away Liex saw that they were being followed, he gritted his teeth and looked at Jake, who was hanging out of the window and firing back at their pursuers, "Throw something to shake them off!" Liex yelled back as he swerved to avoid crashing with the coming cars. Jake nodded and reached into his bag, pulling out a handful of caltrops and a couple of grenades, he tossed the caltrops over then pulled the pins on the grenades. Watching with satisfaction as their followers swerved to avoid them.

Liex turned into an alley then jumped out pulling Jake along. He focused and teleported past the walls of the building next to him and proceeded to teleport away, hearing the sounds of sirens fading into the background.

Cave Hideout

Liex panted as Jake helped him walk along, they had finally managed to shake off their pursuers and made it to their hide out. Before they had gotten here they had another small fire fight, with Liex getting wounded.

He sat down heavily against the wall as Jake started a fire, making sure to use wood that didn't produce too much smoke. Liex down at his shadow, "You can come out now. It's safe."

Alice's shadowy form became solid yet again and she looked at Somnium and then at his cohort. She remained utterly silent as thoughts and events of today penetrated her mind. She was exhausted mentally and physically... I love you, Alice. The words rang in her head, resonating in the deepest crevices of her mind. She had always known this, but why had X chosen then to say it? Alice tried snapping back to the present and her head pounded in pain as something metallic fell out of her ear, broken. She picked it up in confusion and upon touching it, a flurry of events rushed through her head.

"She's not human..." A scientist had said whilst he tested her blood, "She's an alien from the planet of Navaeh. There's only one other of her kind known in existence. If my research is correct, she's probably one of the most dangerous- sorry I should say IS the most dangerous being on this planet right now. Her power is incredible..."

Maximus felt a smile make its way on his face. He had found the perfect weapon. This young girl would be molded into a tool for them to use at their disposal. She would be the reason Maximus would make the rules, with her at his side, he would be at the top and everyone would be under him. He would just need to keep her abilities a secret. Though at this moment he had no idea what the extent of them were. He just knew that what he had could make nearly anyone crumple beneath his might, his power.

Alice age Seven
"Hello City of Brimraven. I've come with great news. I've gotten us a hero! She will serve us and fight against crime. She will be known as Misfortune..." Maximus announced. He was now the president of the B.L.A.S or Brimraven's Liberal Assassination Squad. He was the boss and everyone was under him now. He was no longer the goon to get bossed around.

Alice was standing by Maximus' side. She smiled out the crowd and waved as her small figure hovered in the air. A blast resonated through the crowd. An experiment had gotten out of the lab recently and it was by no means human. Alice went to fight the creature, trapping it inside a shadow cage before causing a building to collapse around the creature. This there was a physical cage the experiment couldn't escape until the scientists and the B.L.A.S figured out what to do with it. The crowd cheered hailing their new hero. While Maximus was smiling from afar.

"What a lovely weapon I have at my disposal," He whispered.

Liex looked over at Misfortune and the metallic object in her hand, he'd seen it fall out of her head and raised an eyebrow. He struggled to pick himself up, holding a hand over his side. He wobbled over to a table and nodded at Jake, "Get out there and set a perimeter. Set up the cameras. If something gets near here I want to know." Jake looked up from his work and groaned, "Do I have to? Send her!" He shouted, annoyed about being taken away from his work.

Liex glared at him, "Go. Now." He hissed through clenched teeth, Jake got up with a huff and gathered hunting cameras. He walked out of the cave and into the brush. Liex then walked to a table and pulled out bandages. "What was that that came out of your ear?" He said loudly to make sure Misfortune heard him. He hissed in pain as he stuck a knife into his side and pried out a bullet. He gritted his teeth as he carefully stitched it shut and dabbed it with alcohol. He then wrapped bandages around his waist to cover the wound. Once he was down he leaned against the table, staring into the fire.

"I don't know... but it's broken now. It's not giving off any waves..." Alice said crushing the object in her hand... "Can you please address me as Alice from now on? I won't be known as Misfortune after today..."

Somnium had not addressed her name, but she wanted to make sure that subject was touched on before she went any further with the pair. Alice looked as Jake headed off. It was obvious that he didn't like her much. However, that was probably given after she had almost killed him. Alice had no idea what Somnium's goals were and she had no idea what she was supposed to gain by being on his side, but she wanted answers and she wanted to know more about herself. Why was she even on earth in the first place? Who was her father? Her mother who had died giving birth to her, where could Alice find out more about her? What was Maxmius' true goal in wanting to control her?

There were so many questions and Alice had not a single answer. It was disappointing and right now, the only person who seemed to be able to help her uncover the truth was Somnium and that wasn't going to be an easy task. She sighed. There was no getting around it. Alice looked up just as Somnium had pried the bullet out of his side. It was really disturbing to say the least, but her expression remained unchanged and all she wanted was to sleep, but for some reason, she felt as though it sleep wasn't safe here and she feared that she wouldn't live to see daylight....

I love you Alice...
The voice resonated within her mind and she couldn't seem to shake the image of X calling out to her out of her mind. Alice was broken enough already and tired emotionally and physically. Right now, she was suffering more than she ever had, and she was doing it alone...

Liex looked over at Alice with a raised eyebrow, "Are you sure you wish for me to address you as such? I imagined you would take on a new name." He said with a shrug, then smirked slightly, "And I admit I was taking a liking to calling you Princess, but if you want then I'll call you Alice." He carefully lowered himself to the ground and sat while leaning against a boulder. He reached around and grabbed a stick, he poked at the fire and watched the embers fly away. "Oh yeah, you don't have to worry about Jake. He's not my regular partner. I only bring him along when I need his bomb making expertise. The man is a genius with explosives but his manners leave much to be desired." He said with a snort.

"If I'm going to be calling you Alice, I suppose I should tell you my real name. It's Liex." He said as he looked up at Alice. He wasn't sure what was going through her head. But he was sure she was in turmoil. She had left behind the people she trusted. And Maximus practically told her how he felt about her. Then there was that spectacle earlier, with the helicopters. She had killed the people she was allied with, that was sure to cause her a great deal of pain.

"I will say it right now. I'm not going to baby you, it is not in my nature. But I... can understand if you're suffering right now. You had a... tiring day and I'm willing to hear what's on your mind if it'll help you." Liex then noticed the tired look on her face and looked to the side, "Near the back of this cave I have a room set up. There's some cots there. You can go lie down over there and sleep. You don't have to worry about me or Jake. I'll leave you alone and tear a new hole in that bastard if he tries to go back there. You have my word."

"Liex..." The name lingered on Alice's tongue. It seemed to have a ring that resonated throughout her entire body, before it faded as quickly as it went.

Alice had cringed when he said princess. For some reason, the very word sent shivers down her spine and a pain from a source she could not identify. She was glad that he had respected that wish of hers as it would be likely she would not have room for anymore of the sort. She was sure she wanted to be called Alice. No one besides X had ever called her by her real name and she missed it dearly. For once, she just wanted to be herself and that was Alice. It was a simple name and for some reason everyone had forgotten it.

She listened to Liex about willing to listen to her, but Alice wasn't the type of person to complain about her problems. She simply nodded and walked over to the cots. Her body, spirit, and mind all equally exhausted. She moved her cot farther away from the others. Alice had a habit of giving people who slept too close to her nightmares. It was never intentional, but she was bad luck and that was what she would always be. After moving it what she deemed far enough away, she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the flat surface and Alice had not known it, but she cried silently in her sleep. Even in her dreams, she suffered.

Liex watched Alice go and sighed. He struggled to get up and reached for a bag he had under the table. He reached down to pick it up and slung it over his shoulder. He then walked over to the cots and closed the makeshift door he had set up earlier when he and Jake had first arrived. He walked back to the fire place slowly just as Jake was returning. He looked around the cave and looked at Liex, "Where'd she go?"

Liex ignored him until he sat down by the fire, he hissed slightly and leaned against a wall. "I sent her off to bed. She's tired from today." Liex said simply. Jake looked down at him with a glare, "The fuck man? I'm tired too and you sent me off into the woods. She's being a little bitch because she killed a couple of guys and you send her off to bed to cry it off? You're a dick." Jake sad with a huff as he also leaned against a wall.

Liex glared at Jake and growled, "Shut the fuck up. Just because I'm wounded doesn't mean I'll take any of your whiny shit. And don't dare think about heading to the cots. Leave her alone." He said, annoyed with Jake's attitude. Liex reached into the bag and took out two cigars and boxes of matchsticks. He tossed one of each to Jake, "There. We did a successful job." It was a routine for Liex to smoke a cigar after a successful hit. It relaxed him and let him think about what he'd do next.

Jake lit it and inhaled as Liex did the same, he blew out a cloud of smoke then grinned at Liex, "I won the bet by the way. You took a bullet as we were getting away. Just send the money to my account." Liex said nothing and instead blew a stream of smoke in the direction of Jake as he laughed.

After a few minutes of silence Jake spoke up, "I'll be leaving in the morning like usual. I got other shit to do, ya know?" Liex only nodded, Jake always did this. Liex didn't mind of course, he didn't like Jake's company and he only needed him for the job they had done today. Usually Liex does things solo since he can get in and out of places faster and quieter.

And so they spent a few hours like this. Staring into the fire and smoking their cigars. Only getting up to get something to lay on the floor so they could sleep, with Jake grumbling about it the entire time. Finally they lied down and went to sleep as the fire shrunk down to only glowing coals.

The Next Morning.

Liex sat up and looked around the room, it seems like Jake had already left. Liex shrugged and stood up, his back stiff and his side aching. He rummaged through some bags and pulled out cooking utensils and food. He started up the fire again and began to cook something for him and Alice to eat.

Alice woke up the next morning extremely early. She was meditating more or less to keep her powers under control. She had not noticed nor had she cared that Jake was absent. She was not sure he would be all that pleasant to work beside anyway. She was disturbed from her meditation when she heard a fire cackling not too far away. Alice assumed that Som- Liex, she corrected herself, had woken up and was preparing something for the two of them to eat. However, Alice would have done the same thing had she not been meditating to keep her powers in check. Events weighed heavily on her and her mind was foggy from all of things that had happened so suddenly.

To make matters worse, Alice had a dream about her teammates. They had all turned against her, but in reality she knew it was the other way around. The two of them would most likely continue to work for the government or go back to their home planets without a reason to be on earth. Alice walked over to Liex and sat down on the ground. She was going to utter out a good morning, but she thought perhaps now was not the time for such idle chit chat. Alice had no idea what to say to someone who had been her enemy only yesterday. Her black hair covered up the right side of her face and she wondered if she would be brave enough to even start a conversation. In fact, she had no idea what he was planning to do now.

Back At Mrax Tower... (OOC: to get a peek at what everyone else is doing...)

X was busy packing his things. He was going to search for Alice. He had no idea where to start looking, but he was going to try his best to find her. There was no way he would let Somnium corrupt her mind any further. Now it was his turn to protect Alice. He had learned her name when she had muttered it one day during meditation. He had always wondered what her real name was and she never talked about it. X looked at Omi who was just waking up on the couch. He would be accompanying X in the search for Alice. One thing was certain, and it was that the three of them were friends and they would stick together like they promised. They would drag Alice back home if they had to.

Back At Forrow Heights... (OOC: Let`s see what Maximus is doing)

Maximus had recovered from Alice`s horrific powers and was now going to do his own searching as well. He hadn`t any ideas as to where to begin either, but he had better technology then most and would have a better chance of finding her than anyone. He was going to forcibly reinstall that chip he had placed in her so many years ago. There was a reason Maximus had made a spare. However, he hoped he would never to use it. He rounded up his closest allies and alerted everyone about the "kidnapped" super hero and was offering a reward for anyone who could find her. The reward being over two billion dollars. However, it was highly unlikely anyone would be getting that reward...

"Well boys," Maximus started, "Let the hunt begin."

Liex peered at Alice as she sat down, it looked like she was going to say something but stopped. Liex decided to ignore and instead stacked food onto a plate and handed it to Alice. "Good morning... Alice. I hope you slept well. We're going to be moving out today. By now they'll know we're in this general area. We need to leave and go to a safe house I have in a city a bit far from here. We'll wait for a while then leave the state, if not the country." Liex said as he dug into his food.

He polished off his plate quickly then leaned back against the wall, "I'm going to set some rules. In front of other people you are to address me as Somnium. It is my alias, hardly anyone knows my real name and I intend to keep it as such. If I ask you to do something. You do it. If you don't want to do something you better have a damn good reason not to. Those are it. When we're on missions you are to follow the rules and my orders. Otherwise you may do as you please." Liex said as he stood up and walked to the table slowly.

He lifted his shirt to inspect the bandages and grimaced slightly, at some point in the night his wound re-opened and stained the bandages. He sighed as he carefully removed them and stitched them shut and dabbed alcohol on them. He put bandages on again and tossed his stained shirt to the side. He couldn't use that anymore. Liex then looked around the room at the supplies he had left, he couldn't take it with him. It would make him stick out far too much and he couldn't risk that. He noticed the blocks of c-4 Jake had left behind and nodded to himself. He'd use that to cause the cave to fall in on itself and try to erase any signs of his stay.

He set to work and stuck the small blocks around the entrance.

Alice simply nodded and she ate in silence. She listened to Liex's words. She did not protest anything that he said. Alice was used to being ordered around anyway, but for some reason the way Liex put it sounded more appealing. Alice looked at those wounds on Liex and sighed. There had been something she wanted to try, but she didn't know if her help would be welcome or not. Alice healed quickly she noticed, but that was due to the abnormal amount of energy that constantly flowed through her. However, Alice wondered if it was possible to heal things wither her powers rather than destroy them. She finished her food and walked over to Liex.

"Do you mind if I try something?" Alice asked him. It was the first thing she had said to him since she had woken up.

If Liex did indeed mind, then she would not press matters any further and she would leave him alone. His rules had not bothered her in the least, but she was bothered by herself in general. Alice had lead her own team and now she was going to be the one following orders. It was actually a little bit better because she would not have to worry about failures being her fault. And on top of which, if she felt something was to be done, she would do it, but only with good reason as Liex had said. She watched him set up C-4 around the cave and instantly she knew why. Leaving traces of their existence anywhere was dangerous.

Alice wondered for a moment about the sound, but then she didn't think anything of it. There would be no reason to worry about an explosion where they were at the moment. Since they were moving out today, Alice had something of her own she wanted to get rid of. She tore off her cape and threw it in the fire and she took the M off her chest and threw it into the fire. She was going to need street clothes, but she supposed that her mask was okay. She hardly never wore it, but now was a good time to start she supposed.

Liex finished setting the explosives then looked at Alice, he narrowed his eyes slightly, wondering what it was she wanted to do. Then he saw her go and rip off her cape and the M and toss it into the fire. He raised an eyebrow at this, he understood why she did it but was slightly surprised she was so ready to give it up. He expected her to at least keep them tucked away somewhere safe.

He walked back to where his bags were and fished out some clothes, they were smaller than he needed since he had gotten them by mistake. It usually happened more than he'd care to admit, he never really cared about clothes so he tended to grab whatever he could. He laid them down on the table, "Here, these should fit you, but they'll be a bit baggy. And they're not the slightest bit fashionable. But they'll do for now until we get to the city, then I'll take you to get clothes and anything else you'll need."

He walked a bit closer to her and stood at arms length from her, "Now what was it you wanted to try? Once you do whatever it is you want can change and I'll go get us something to drive away in."

Status
Not open for further replies.