The Heroes And The "Villain" (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice was in her own little world and she followed him rather blindly back down the trail. She wasn't pestered by thoughts of whether or not this was right. She wanted to let things happen. She wanted to know who the owners of the hotel were and what help he had received, but she didn't prod. Liex's alias Somnium still sent shivers down her spine. She had known that name as one that haunted her, but that was the past. It was behind her.

Alice didn't look up at first. She couldn't believe she had been asked for input. "Um, yeah... that's fine."
She was supposed to oppose the idea. Staying in the same place as Liex was one thing, but staying in the same room was another and risky subject. The chance for embarrassing situations only seem to increase with these conditions. Sleeping habits between the two of them would have to change drastically.

Alice sealed her mouth suddenly as the possibility of them cuddling in bed was a very real possibility. Her cheeks flushed with color and she said absolutely nothing else.

Liex watched Alice with an amused look in his eyes before turning his attention back to the man at the desk, "Well, you heard her. I'll be taking the keys, tell the girls I'll be stopping by the bar once I'm done unpacking." The man nodded and tossed him a set of keys, Liex took them and made his way out of the lobby and outside, walking past bungalows until he reached the last one at the end. He liked this particular one, it was really set apart from the other ones, giving him plenty of privacy. He unlocked the door and stepped inside, tossing his bag to the side before looking over his room.

"Well... here we are. Once you get unpacked we'll get something to e-." He was cutoff as someone knocked on the door before opening it and letting themselves in. A tanned woman stepped inside, she grinned as she saw Liex, "Somnium, I thought it was you when you went inside here. So are you for business or to see me?" She said with slightly flirty tone.

Liex just snorted, "I'm here on business I guess you could say. Oh, before I forget. This is Alice, my new partner." He said as he pointed to Alice, the woman smiled kindly at her, "Pleasure to meet you Alice, I'm Kaylee. I hope you'll be better company than Somniums last partner."

Kaylee looked over at Liex, "So, since she's new I take it you haven't told her how you came to know us?" Liex scratched his cheek, "Well, I never saw a point in telling her. I could tell her now though, if she wanted." Kaylee only smiled in response, "I'm sure she would. You like to act all high and mighty, maybe she'll get a kick out of the story." She turned to look at Alice, "So what do you say, wanna hear it?"

Alice grimaced as she heard a woman's voice. Of course there was a woman here. She made Alice's pale skin look even paler. Liex wasn't here for her. At least she hoped not. They weren't exactly on business and Liex had said nothing about how he had managed to meet the people here. Furthermore, she'd rather not ask.

Better company? Alice laughed on the inside. She was sure that she was more or less antisocial, "Nice to meet you."
Kaylee's voice irritated Alice. She sounded like a clueless bimbo. A flirt. She was probably like the pilgrim's old village bike. Everyone's had a ride. Not to say that looks could be deceiving.

"I'd rather not hear it, thanks," Alice brushed off the invitation and set what little she owned down on the ground. The book was placed on the ground. Its form had changed. It appeared to be just a regular book. It's teeth and single eye had disappeared. Alice knew better. That book was very much so a demon book. Her stomach growled and she looked around nervously hoping that no one had heard it.

"I'm gonna go eat something..." Alice started as she brushed past Kaylee.

Liex and Kaylee watched Alice march out of the room, Liex with a slightly worried look and Kaylee with an amused one. "So, Somnium, now that your little friend has left, why don't we... get reacquainted?" She purred out as she trailed a finger up and down Liex's chest. Liex looked down at her with a smile before grabbing her hand and pushing it away, "Afraid I can't do that." He said softly as he stepped to the doorway.

Kaylee let out a huff and stomped on the floor, "Why not? You never had a problem with it before, why now? ... It's that girl, isn't it?" Liex paused at the door, just as he was about to step out. Kaylee pouted, "So I'm right, what's so special about her? What does she have that I don't?" Liex let out a grunt, "I'll let you know when I figure it out myself."

Finally he walked out to catch up to Alice, once he spotted her he jogged over to her and fell in pace beside her. "Sorry about that. Don't let Kaylee bother you. We just have some... history."

Status
Not open for further replies.