The Heroes And The "Villain" (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice nodded at Liex's response. She was glad that he had a safe place somewhere like that. Even better that Liex knew people who could help them. If he trusted them, then it had to be one of the safer places he had. Alice was thankful that he had ignored her previous thought... or rather she had thought to herself a little too soon.

"You were supposed to ignore that..." Alice mumbled as her cheeks turned several shades of red. When he grabbed her hand, her heart raced in her chest. Not that she was against it, but she was more aware of it before than before now that she was doing it because she wanted to. It didn't help rid her of the thoughts of seeing him shirtless either. Alice mentally slapped herself and then followed after him in the dark sewers and hoped that this walk of embarrassment would be over very soon.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she was pulled close. Alice had to use Liex's chest to keep her balance and then she instantly blushed when she did it. Her face was probably visible now that the two of them were so close. It was even possible that he could make out the shade of her face. Alice's chest thumped loudly in her chest and she could feel it in her ears. It was like she expected something to happen, but she was hoping that the feeling would go away because she didn't think she could live with it.

Alice walked into the room after Liex since he offered. She closed the door behind her with her shadows and laid on her shadowy bed. In other words, a bed made of shadows. She just assumed that if there was a bed in his monitoring room it would be Liex's. She didn't say anything because the events from today invaded her mind. She couldn't stop thinking about it and it drove her insane. Alice just wanted to think of something else.

Liex sat at his chair and looked behind him at Alice, "If you needed a bed you should have said so, I'd have brought one in. I don't normally have one in here since either I stay up all night at this desk or I leave at some point." He said with a small yawn. He should have brought in something to keep him awake, he was planning on staying up all night. That hit that they pulled off went pretty awry, luckily it wasn't the worst case scenario. But it still got hairy enough that Liex was on high alert.

He typed in a few commands on his keyboard and watched as the monitors covering the wall flickered to life. He stared unblinkingly at them, his eyes twitching back and forth between each monitor at any sign of movement. Finally once he felt they were safe for the moment he relaxed and rubbed his eyes, this was going to be a long night.

It wouldn't be easier since Alice would be behind him the whole time. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but he slowly began thinking of just how often they had touched that night. The more he thought about it the more he felt his face heating up, finally he couldn't take it and leaned back into his chair and hung his arms over his face. This was all... confusing to him.

It's not as if he had no experience dealing with other women, but for a reason he didn't know he felt embarrassed at how brazenly he had grabbed Alice that night. He groaned lightly, he couldn't help but wonder what Alice thought about all this. Was she as embarrassed as he was? Or was she annoyed with him. She WAS awfully quiet.

Alice looked up at him, "It's okay, this one works fine..." She assumed that there wouldn't be a bed in here. It would make sense. Besides, Liex was probably paranoid after what happened today. Alice didn't feel much like sleeping. She knew that she would just have another nightmare. There was no need for sleep if she would end up restless. That much she knew. She had too many mornings where she would wake because of a nightmare.

Alice watched the way Liex stared at the monitors. She walked up to him when he leaned back in his chair and hung his arms over his face.
"Hey, is something bothering you?" Alice asked him, "If it's about you touching me today... I don't... mind..."
Her face was heating up after what she had said. She hadn't planned on saying anything about today, but the air around them was just quiet. Her face might have been a little close to Liex, but she hoped he wouldn't mind. She was only trying to see if he was okay.

Alice didn't have much experience when it came to liking a guy, much less spending time with one she liked. The more she thought about him touching her, the more her mind went to crazy places. Like when she thought he was going to kiss her in the sewers when he heard helicopters. They had been so close at that time. She couldn't help but kind of want to kiss those lips of his. Alice closed her eyes. She couldn't think about something like this when they were this close.

Liex lowered his arm from his face and blushed lightly when he saw Alice so close to him, he sat upright and looked to the side, "Nothings bothering me, nothing at all. Why would it?" He said as he focused once more on the screens. In his mind he berated himself, how could he act like that in front of her? He slipped up and let his guard down, he'd have to be more careful otherwise who knows what else he'd do or say in front of Alice.

His mind stopped this train of thought as he caught the last part of what Alice said, he tried to ignore it but failed as he felt his face heating up. He stayed quiet for a few minutes before he began typing something on his computer. He prepared an email to send to his contact that would get them out of the country, but as he typed he kept being distracted by what Alice had said.

Once he was done he looked back at her over his shoulder, "So, what you said just now. You really... didn't mind it?" He said quietly, part of him hoped she hadn't heard so he could pretend he had said something entirely different. But another part of him wanted to make sure she didn't mind, if she didn't then maybe he could get away with it more often?

He quickly pushed the thought aside, wondering where it came from and why he suddenly wanted to hold onto Alice more.

Alice stumbled over words. Sentences stuck in her throat, "I... well I don't... mind..."

She hadn't really heard what Liex said. She was just rambling about this and that. After Liex had insisted that nothing had been bothering him. Alice didn't know whether to feel relieved or discouraged that Liex hadn't thought about her in that way at all. Or at least that was how it seemed. Why would touching her bother him if he was just doing it to make the escape easier? Furthermore he had mentioned that his way of doing things, made things easier. Alice mentally laughed at herself. She was putting too much thought into it.

"I didn't catch that last part... Would you mind repeating it?" Alice asked him.

She was so distracted by her thoughts. She wasn't sure she would be able to process much of anything unless she could figure out how to read his mind. It wasn't like Liex was going to say anything on the topic. Alice moved away from his shoulder as she typed and sat on the floor at a comfortable distance away from Liex. She had been a bit close. It probably made him uncomfortable.

Liex stopped mid-type as Alice asked him to repeat himself, he sighed and finished his note and sent it away to the man he needed. He leaned back again and scratched his cheek, "I asked if you really didn't mind it." He said as he tried his damnest to not look back at Alice. He failed as he looked back when Alice moved away from him to sit on the floor.

"You know, you don't have to sit so far." He said as he turned his attention back to his screens. He tensed slightly as he saw a helicopter fly overhead, he remained still for a few seconds until it passed by and down the street. He sighed as he rubbed a hand over his neck. He should've gone to sleep earlier the night before. He was dead tired now, he stood up and began walking out of the room before stopping at the door way and looking back at Alice, "I'm stepping into the kitchen to get something to wake me up, I might be in there a while so feel free to join me."

He stepped out and into the kitchen, rummaging through shelves looking for anything that might help. "I'd even take coffee right now." He grumbled to himself before giving a sigh of relief at finding a small bottle of pills. He popped the top and gulped a few down, these pills tended to wreck havoc on his body but due to his current dilemma he couldn't care less. He let out a small snort as he remembered what happened the last time he used them, it was no wonder they were illegal in most places.

He leaned against a counter and peered out a window, his eyes jumping from search light to search light. They really wanted him this time, or maybe it was Alice they were after? They'd take her back alive, but he'd probably be killed on the spot he thought grimly.

Alice's face turned incredibly red as Liex repeated his words, "No... I didn't mind..." She tried her best not to stare at him, but she was failing. And then she just started fantasizing and she just got even more embarrassed with each second that passed. She was happy when the subject was abruptly changed, but her mind was still deep into a place that it shouldn't be. She was looking for a distraction, but since Liex was the distraction, her mind became taboo.

Alice got up and followed him into the kitchen. She looked at the search lights. It was now that she realized, that she didn't want to go back to MRAX or work for the government. She was actually having fun with Liex, even if they were on the run for the moment.

Alice was aware that she didn't have to sit so far from Liex, but she had been so embarrassed being that close to him, she thought distance would keep the impure thoughts away. She stood behind him and looked at the ground, "I know I said I'd try not to be a burden, but don't let them take me back again, okay?"

Alice said the next part of her words so quietly that it was possible Liex didn't even hear her, "I'm having fun here... with you."
Her face was incredibly red and she sank into the shadows trying to hide her embarrassment after what she said. Her eyes were visible from the shadows, but her face was entirely hidden. Alice wondered when the two of them would leave. She really just wanted to get away for a while... and see Liex shirtless.

Liex sighed and remained quiet after he heard Alice asking not to be taken away, he didn't know how to respond. He's been asked that before and... it didn't work out well. His grip on the sink tightened as his arms began to tremble, he tried to keep them still as he silently cursed those pills side effects. He looked behind him only to see Alice sinking into her shadow. He turned his attention back to the window and the search lights, how could he protect her? He was just one person, and she was being hunted down by a force with all sorts of resources at their beck and call.

"I'll... I can't promise anything, Alice. But I'll try. I'll try to keep you from them, that's the most I can say." He said quietly. He meant what he said, he'd try to protect her all he could, he probably wasn't any better than MRAX was when you got right down to it. Liex did things underhandedly and dirty like they did, but he would at least allow Alice to have a free will, that's more than they would probably give her.

He pushed off of the sink and looked down at Alice, "I'm going back to the room. This is going to be a long night, but once morning comes we're making our get away and going to my friend. He has a jet and he owes me a favor, he can take us to where we can be safe for now." He said as he walked back to the room, his body twitching as he did.

Once morning came Liex was still at his computer, his eyes bloodshot and tired. He sighed and reached up to rub his eyes, "It's time, Alice. Pack your things, we're taking a car I have tucked away here and getting out of this city." He muttered as he stood up and making his way to his room. He stuffed a suit case with clothes that laid littered on the floor along with small, rolled up bundles of money. He changed into a fresh shirt, jeans, and a coat. He slipped a pistol into the coat and hid it away, with any luck he wouldn't have use for it.

Finally, Liex was done and paused to sigh and look out the window in his room. It looked like things had quieted down slightly, so they shouldn't have problems. Soon they'd be leaving, and he'd get a chance to see Alice in a swimsuit, he thought with a light blush. He shook his head to clear those thoughts, he wasn't sure where it had come from.

He stepped back out into the living room and stood by the door, waiting for Alice to give the go ahead to leave and get on their way.

Alice woke up with her face red. She had a dirty dream about Liex, though if one really had seen it, it wasn't anywhere near dirty, but for Alice it was. Kissing Liex while he was shirtless wasn't exactly what she was expecting to dream about. Especially, because she would probably be having to hide her face until she got used to seeing him without a shirt. If anything, it would be like the first time she moved in when he walked around his house in- she dare not remember it. Alice didn't own much. She didn't even have a suitcase. If anything, she looked like someone from an old sixties movies with a bandanna tied to the end of a stick full of their belongings.

The only she thing she brought with her was money and and the clothes she had bought that one time. It was all she owned. Her face was still red when she muttered good morning to him.

"L-Let's go..." She said softly. Her nerves were on edge because of the dream. She couldn't even speak to him without fumbling over words. She was just embarrassing herself in front of him as usual.

Liex looked down at her with a raised eyebrow, "Are you feeling ok? Your face is all red." He said as he bent down a bit and pressed his forehead against hers, "You're warm too." He stood back up and rubbed his chin, "Well, hopefully you get well as we get on the road. We don't really have time to wait until you get better." He said as he went through the motion of unlocking and locking the door again as they stepped out.

He led the way to the elevator and stepped inside, pressing the button and moving down to the bottom floor that held all the cars. After a bit they reached the bottom and Liex went straight to a black car, it looked old and a bit beat up. But it suited Liex's needs, he needed to blend in not stand out, having a fancy car will make him stand out pretty badly.

He opened the door for Alice and then himself, getting in and starting up the car. He let out a low sigh, "I hope things don't get hairy on our way there. I feel like I'm about to pass out." He muttered as he backed out and onto the street. He drove as carefully as he could, almost cursing as he saw police cars patrolling the streets.

He spent the next 30 or so minutes avoiding traffic, sitting on edge at the sight of a police car, and avoiding check points. Finally after what felt like an eternity he made it out of the city and turned onto a dirt road. "Finally, we're good now." He said as he relaxed as he quickly approached a landing strip.

He turned and drove towards a hanger. He stopped the car and stepped out, approaching a man that stood next to a small jet, "Ah, I knew I could trust you, Jack." Liex said as he patted the man on the shoulder.

Jack only let out a grunt, "Of course. Now, I trust that after this I won't owe you anything else?" He said warily. Liex grinned in response, "Yes, you're free. For now." He said as his grin turned slightly predatory. "Come on Alice, let's get in the plane." Liex said as he walked to the jet and stepped inside, tossing his bag to the side and taking a seat.

Alice's face became even more red when Liex pressed his forehead against hers. All she wanted to do at the moment was kiss him, "I-I'm fine really..."

Alice hid her face behind her over sized sweatshirt. She tried to focus on something else other than Liex's lips. She followed him onto the plane. She was happy to be leaving that city that had once held her down... Alice was happy that she was finally going to be able to walk around without getting suspicious looks from everyone.

Alice felt something slide into her hand and she noticed that it was the book she had wanted to leave, but clearly it wanted to go with her wherever she went. She found herself thinking about what a demented book it was. She wanted to throw it on the ground, but something told her that she shouldn't do that. As soon as she took her seat the book opened itself to the history of a demon known as Kazarath. However, sometimes the word Kazarath was replaced with your father as though the book was speaking to Alice herself. Like it knew she was reading it.

Liex sighed and leaned back as the plane began to take off, he rested his head on a hand as he watched Alice's book slide into her hand, he stayed quiet for a few minutes before he opened his mouth, "What is that book exactly? I've never seen anything like it." He said wearily, his fatigue was starting to catch up with him. He could feel his body slowly growing more heavy and he yawned loudly.

He shifted around in his seat and instead looked out the window, watching the scenery pass by below them, it had been a good while since he had flown. A lot of the time he'd use cargo ships to get around, it was fairly easy to bribe a captain to let you stow-away and hide in between the workers. But, since he had Alice with them, part of him didn't want to force her to ride in a grimy, dirty ship. If he'd admit it to himself, he'd realize that part of him even wanted to impress her, which would be a shock since he rarely cared about people's opinion of him, it comes along with being an assassin.

But Alice sparked something in him that confused him making it so he didn't dwell upon those thoughts too long. As he was trapped in his musings he leaned back and fell asleep, slowly sliding down his seat until his head finally rested on Alice's shoulder.

Alice was going to answer, but Liex had fallen asleep. She continued to read her book and learned about words she could says to sustain her powers or keep them under control. She could even temporarily turn them off. Alice felt a small thump on her shoulder as Liex's head rested against it. She felt her face becoming beet red. His face was just so close to hers. Alice's heart pounded rapidly in her chest. She was so nervous and she could feel his breath on her neck, making the hair stand up.

So many visions went through her head and she wasn't sure if they were all her doing. Some of them were incredibly vulgar and VERY real. It was like she was living something that she knew wasn't happening. Each dream she had the more she could feel the sensations. Eventually, she built up the will power to yell stop in her mind. Alice had been dreaming, but she hadn't wanted to dream of something like that. The book was clutched tightly in her hands. She had only been asleep for 30 minutes. And no doubt those impure visions had something to do with that book.

There was no way Alice would ever let her imagination run so wild. Even as she recalled them she blushed, but was worried. She had never been the victim of her own visions, but now someone was feeding her visions of her desires and amplifying them. Something about that just seemed wrong... Everything screamed ditch the book...

Liex was too deep in his sleep to notice if anything was wrong with Alice, he knew she could take care of herself and him if she needed to, and the odds of anything bad happening at this moment were very slim. So he allowed himself to get some of the best rest he's gotten in a while, probably thanks to the thing he was using as a pillow. He nuzzled his face closer into Alice's neck, letting out a deep breath.

He spent a few more minutes like this until he began to stir again slightly, 'What am I laying on? It feels so... warm. And it smells kinda like...' His eyes opened and he looked up, staring up at Alice's face. Quickly he reeled back, his face taking on a bright red, "I um... I'm sorry." He mumbled out quietly, not sure how to explain how he had let himself bury his into her neck.

Hoping to quickly forget what just happened he turned his attention to her book, "So ah, did you see anything interesting happen with the book?"

(OOC: You mind doing the time skip to where they get off the plane in your next post or should I take care of that?"))

Alice let an involuntary gasp, though it was probably closer to a moan. The hot breath on her neck shocked her pleasantly. The thoughts returned to her temporarily and she tried to push them to the side. What was going on? She could barely think of kissing Liex without blushing before and now she was thinking of... She couldn't even get the word out. Alice just wanted to throw the book out the window of the plane.

Alice's eyes widened and she blushed insanely when Liex woke up. She felt kind of cold now that he had left but she wasn't sure how to get the words out without stuttering. "No it's okay," Alice said those words without thinking and she clamped her hands over her mouth out of embarrassment over what she had just said. Not that it wasn't okay because it was, but she didn't want to voice that out loud.

Alice explained to Liex what happened with the book and told him about the erotic visions she'd been having, but she said nothing about the visions involving her or Liex. She kept that part to herself. Soon the plane had landed and Alice was waking up from another odd dream. However, it was the only she had that hadn't been incredibly erotic. The warm breeze on her skin made her smile.

"Finally... A place where I can walk around without fear of being recognized!" She said happily.

Liex stepped down off the plane and stood next to Alice, nudging her shoulder with his, "You know, I think this is the first time I've seen you smile. You should do it more, it suits you." He said offhandedly as he grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He led the way out of the small airport and onto a busy street, he reached out and grabbed Alice's hand, "Stay close to me, I'd rather not have you get lost and end up looking for you amongst this crowd." He said to her as he made his way through the crowd.

After shoving his way through crowds of people, Liex finally stepped out onto a trail. "Finally, we'll be there soon enough. But first I need to show you something, I'm sure you'll like it." He said as he kept walking, his hand still wrapped around Alice's small one. After 15 or so minutes of walking, he reached a cliff overlooking the ocean. The setting sun reflected off of the waves that crashed into the cliff, sending up a spray of water.

"This view just keeps getting better... you know, I've heard the local people consider this place as pretty romantic. Tourists come here a lot for that reason usually..." He said softly as he stepped closer to Alice's side and gave her hand a small squeeze unconsciously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice couldn't even focus on the view with Liex so close to her face. She had thought about kissing those lips of his so many times and now here they were just inches apart. Absent-minded, Alice leaned in closer to Liex, her hand tangled in his. She stopped when their lips were breaths apart. Alice's lips nearly brushed his, her eyes were closed and her heart beat wildly in her chest. She wanted to kiss him so bad, but... would Liex let her? Would she let herself?

She was crossing that line she said she'd never cross again. After a few seconds, Alice pressed her lips against Liex's and lingered there for just a fraction of a second before pulling away. Her cheeks were incredibly red and she felt as though she was having a mini heart attack. She stood there in shock about what she had done, but not only that... she wanted to do it again? That couldn't possibly be it... could it?

Liex stared down at Alice, his eyes fixated on her lips. Something in him wanted to kiss her, but he wasn't sure what. He argued with himself on whether or not to kiss Alice, until she went and kissed him. His mind grounded to a halt, and he could only think about how soft her lips felt against his. But the feeling went as fast as it came, and he felt disappointed. His heart beat wildly in his chest as he looked at Alice's red face, he remained still for a few seconds before he shakily brought an arm up.

He cupped Alice's cheek, using his thumb to caress it lightly before leaning his head down and closing his eyes. Liex then pressed his lips against hers, holding them pressed for a what felt like hours but were really only a few seconds. He broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against hers, letting out a slightly shaky breath.

"W-well, um... heh, I wasn't really expecting this to happen." He said softly, "I also wouldn't have expected you to make the first move." He said with a teasing tone as a small smirk broke through his face.

Alice side glanced at Liex's hand as it caressed her cheek. She closed her eyes as he leaned in to kiss her a second time. Her thoughts and worries drowned in the waves below them. Her mind was filled with Liex and about his lips against hers. She would never live it down. They were once on opposite sides, but it seemed so long ago.

Alice felt something wash through her. It was pleasure, but it was mixed in with something else. She couldn't decipher what it was. An urge maybe... An urge to do things she knew she would never ever gain the courage to do, but why was she thinking about it now of all times. The urge went away, but Alice was sill bothered by it. What if it was harmful? Or dangerous? Who was sending her these feelings?

"Well you usually expect the unexpected. Guess you're losing your touch," Alice shot back, her tone was just as teasing. She was glad for the talking afterwards. Anything to stop her from looking to deep into her own thoughts. She hadn't meditated today and still needed to, but that seemed difficult after today's events.

Liex's cheeks colored a soft pink as he blushed, "Yeah yeah... not like I had much to go on when you're always blushing your face off." He said as he put his hand down and grabbed Alice's hand, "Come on, it's getting late. We can talk about this more once we get to where we'll be staying." He gently tugged at her and led the way back down the trail. As they walked, Liex's mind thought about what just had happened. Was it really ok for it to happen, or for it to even go on for much longer? He was supposed to be a mentor of sorts, showing her how to live on her own. Not... well what he was doing now. Not that he didn't like it, he was actually happy. But... it still felt like he shouldn't do this.

His mind was plague by similar thoughts until he finally reached the small hotel that he'd been leading the way to. "Finally, we're here. I know the people who own this place pretty well. I helped them set this place up after they helped me..." He trailed off as he stepped up to the door. He approached the front desk, standing there until the man at the desk noticed him. "Somnium... that you?" The man asked as a grin split his face.

Liex smirked back, "Yeah, it's me. And I've brought a new... partner. We're here on vacation, so can we get a couple of rooms? Once we settle down I'll come back and tell you what I've been up to." The man frowned slightly,"Well, we only have one empty room at the moment. That's the one we always have in reserve for you. If you two don't mind sharing it for now we can give your partner her own room."

Liex shifted from foot to foot, "Well... I guess that'd be fine. What do you think, Alice?"

Status
Not open for further replies.