The Hero Club's Misadventures! SESSION REI| 勇者部の災難! S0 | Yuushabu no Sainan! S0 | In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rei felt her head being rubbed by a stranger. The nanobots in her body started to swarm as the thought of being beaten filled her head. When she looked up, she saw a group of people she did not know in a decorated room. She did not recognize the place but after a quick glance of her limbs, she knew she was not captured. The guy introduced his self as Jonathan Lionheart. He also mentioned he had 2 sides. Rei was confused. What did he mean by having 2 sides? She kept quiet though and slowly made it to her feet. The nanobots were leaving her head since her systems were fully restored. Shortly afterwards this tall older girl introduced herself as Akuma no Kuchi or Akucchi. However she that demons gave her the name. Rei was becoming worried about this school. First she was yelled at by all the teachers, her plant was killed by bullies, then she wakes up in a room with a man with "2 sides" and a human who spoke to demons.

Was this suppose to be hell. Tears started to form in her eyes but she did not cry. Instead she remained strong and introduced herself. "I am Rei Tsukami"

Last edited:
Sophia shook her head and sighed. "Talk about a waste of money," she muttered quietly. At least they hadn't actually had a fight break out. Ryoko seemed ready to go for a bit there. "I only use a window if there's some reason not to just walk right in the front door. Or the back. Or any door, really." She laughed sheepishly, having let slip a bit too much information there.

"So, this everyone? Or are we still missing some final super secret team member or something?" She was anxious to actually get the meeting underway, whatever that would entail.

"Hmm..."

Looking at the attendance, it said 'Two' beside the odd person's face. No surname, just Two. "Alright. I guess we'll call you 'Jem' then."

What kind of name was that? Akane couldn't help but ponder. Nevertheless, it was time.

After everyone introduced themselves, Akane stands up. "Ya~ hoi~ my name is Akizuki Akane. I'm the leader of the Hero Club~ With all five of us in this room, I can officially declare this club as a club! Thank you for coming~"

Akane looked around. "Well, as much as I want to start activities soon, I'll have to get this club approved first. Maybe we can spend some time deciding on which activities we want to do first."

Akane took three files out, reading 'Normal' for the green file, 'Difficult' for the yellow file and 'Very Difficult' for the red file respectively. "Yeah, these writings, that wasn't me. But let's go with it anyways. They look pretty interesting."

"Huh?"

Akira felt a little dazed. Looking at the time and the three others around her, she nods before preparing a pose. "I go by many names, but the one I assume now is Akizuki Akira. It appears that time has flowed without my consent. In your terms - we must make haste. Wahaha~!"

Looking at the floor, Akira observed the scattered tarot cards. "Let us make haste after we clean that up. Tarot cards don't work in individuals, and have more connection to the cosmos when concentrated into a deck. Hmmm... perhaps a reading would allow me to judge your worth?"​

Standing, Jem went directly after the red file. "I say, we are a Hero club, let's be heroes and take the hardest job." Looking through the file he thought of something, "You know......... thinking about it, we don't know much about eachother than our hobbies and names really..... maybe we should try something like a team building exercise?" Jem looked around the room to see if anyone agreed on this. You know, if it was like the Kendo club or something like that, i'd say we should do little mock fights..... but I don't want to hurt someone.

The new guy does seems, unique. He seems so carefree about the fact that he both used money and risked people calling him thieves for jumping around and climbing stuffs. In this day and age, there's really almost no case of people who climb buildings in broad daylight didn't get called out. Well maybe in the time when ripping wanted posters is a thing to do, but it probably won't work so well in this era. The guys seems used to it though, which means that he did it from time to time, and didn't get into too much trouble. Then again, if bringing a mech in broad daylight and fought other mech is somehow acceptable, finding someone climbing buildings is also acceptable. Then again the fight never happened in the city. Oh well, that's called over thinking things after all.

Not long after the new guy, Two, comes in, Akane made some announcement regarding the club's activities. She also brought out 3 files, labeled Normal, Difficult, and Very Difficult, with corresponding color. Ryoko briefly wondered who would write such things, filed it neatly in a color coded file, and branding it, then giving it to Akane, since she does said that she's not the one writing it. Still, it's better than just sitting around playing board games when the club name clearly suggest a club that does heroic stuffs. Regarding that, maybe the content of the files is those kind of heroic stuffs that they need to accomplish? That would probably makes more senses, since a hero always goes around clearing the quest board.

"Any will do. Why not normal first? So we know what kind of stuff thrown at us" Ryoko said. Then Two mentioned about team-building activities. "...What kind of activities?" Ryoko asked.

Yep, the mind trick works as intended. Well not fully as intended, but at least it worked. Jonathan pondered a bit what makes the result different than what the Ripper usually does. He could just shout anything, anytime, without any warning, and the thing worked just as he liked it. Maybe he really does need a long talk with his other half. Provided he's willing to listen, that is. He needs some kind of leverage against the Ripper. All that he could think of was the megaphone, and his own body, since that's the only thing that the Ripper is in possession of. He could threaten him by threatening to destroy the megaphone or take his own life, if things comes to it. Then again, it's not entirely sure that he could control whether the Ripper could resurface or not.

He needs a way to keep him in check, and if the previous method of changing his souls work, he could ask someone else to knock the Ripper unconscious, and therefore making controlling the damage that he could cause easier to a degree. In any case, that's something for later. Jonathan hoped that the Ripper would still be out for longer period of time.

"I was never unconscious though"

The sound comes from his head, and of course the sudden voice threw Jonathan into a shocked state. The voice, the tone, and the source, all leads to the same guy, The Ripper. Jonathan thought that he regained control over his body as long that the other half is unconscious. Turns out that it wasn't the fact, since the guy is talking, right here. "What?!? How? Didn't you fainted from that blow to the head?"

"Yeah, i did. Not for long however. Who do you take me for?"

"Then why was i able to take over my body again?"

"Dunno. Maybe being unconscious does allow you to take over your body again"

"Then why are you still sitting there? I thought that you could just take over my body"

"2 reason, really. I don't want to deal with those kids, and that i don't want to let loose again"

"Said someone who kills for fun. You have some soft side as well"

"Kids are annoying, and killing kids isn't fun. It's as simple as that"

"Huh, weren't you going to fight that Akucchi girl?"

"She spoiled my fun. I might ends up killing her, and that's no fun. Haven't met anyone as strong as her recently, so it worth keeping her around"

"You do have a soft side"

This goes on for about, several minutes. While he's talking to the Ripper, his real body is just standing there, spacing out. The long talk isn't pointless however, since after several talks, Jonathan managed to convince him to stay low as long as they're in clubs. So as long as he's in club, Jonathan will take control of his body, outside of the club, the Ripper will take control, unless something urgent comes up.

Still, spacing out for that period of time is kinda creepy, especially since he's completely disconnected from the physical realm, focusing only talking to the Ripper in his mind.

"Well, if we were wanting to follow the name of a Hero, or Heroine, they usually fight. At my cla- family, when we haven't seen someone in a long time, we fight. It is one way you learn about their movements and afterward, you can coordinate yourself better with them." Crap. I have got to be on my toes, almost said clan instead of family. "Although there are some other things that have the same effect, like free running together, or just running together in general sometimes works." He continued flipping though the file for a minute before he set it down. I'm half tempted to show them....... it would be....... interesting. "Oh, and something we can do while sitting here is we can do this: Since we are part of a Hero's club, do you guys have any good secrets about yourselves?" He smiled slightly manically. If they say things similar to mine, i'll tell them.

"Team building's usually a matter of doing things together to see how we work," Sophia added. "So, I say we start with a nice little milk run of some sort, ease into this new team." She took the green folder and began leafing through its contents. "My crew started me off with a nice little job at a restaurant." She'd almost said something else and stopped to catch herself. "Whatever the case, starting with something that might be well over our heads isn't a good idea." She thumbed through the folder's contents, occasionally muttering a thing or two about picking up litter in the park, or other fairly simple tasks to help out around town.

"Say, you made sure to vet these ahead of time, right," she asked Akane after a while. After another pause, she realized what she was doing. "Ah, never mind, that was a weird question." She had also been considering Two's question during the time she was leafing through things, as she did glibly answer. "Yeah, I got a few secrets." She didn't actually share them, though.

After Akizuki Akira's introduction, Rei felt weird as if she heard the name before but then her head starting hurting and she quickly ceased from trying to resurface the memory. Instead she put focus on the girls request. Rei looked down and noticed a bunch of cards on the ground. She picked one up, "You mean theses?" Without waiting for a response, Rei started pick up the cards while glancing at the pictures. She could not decipher what they meant but that could be a question to ask when they were finish.

Still she did not like doing manual labor like cleaning, (except for gardening... she loved that.) When she looked around she noticed the tall guy and girl not doing anything. She puffed up her cheeks and walked over to him while tugging on his shirt. "You both should help too... there are too many for just two of us..."

@KurosawaShirou
@Crow
@Karakui

In response to the girl, whom Akucchi found rather cute and whom caused her to think "Damn I wish I had a little sister like that", she knelt on the floor and began picking up cards. Somehow, they had almost all landed face down. She picked most of them up and simply shuffled them together, but she stopped at one randomly and turned it over. "The High Priestess, huh? Hasn't this one got something to do with secrets? How appropriate for a club that's trying to reveal the paranormal."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Unyielding
This 'Two' person was most odd. Akane wanted to question his apparent oddities, but only time could tell. It wasn't polite to breach into someone's privacy, even if he revealed a little too much.

"The generally consensus is Normal huh~?" Akane ponders. "Then let's do normal. Now, let's see how exactly she organized these..."

Akane proceeds to look through the 'Normal' folder. "Hmmm... well, these are quite the variety, huh?"

Akane had a puzzled expression. Maybe she really didn't write those labels after all. As she keeps the 'Hard' and 'Very Hard' ones, she passes the green file around.

1. Bonding event! A camp at the school?
2. Cat delivery!
3. Entertain children at a Tokusatsu play???

"Hmmm..." Akane takes a peep into the other folders. "One of these involves a museum visit, but let's save that for a bigger budget. So, what do you think?"

"The High Priestess is the key to secrets, both inside and out," Akira nods as she gathers the cards, "you appear knowledgeable on this topic. Thank you, thank you..."

As Akira acquires a full deck, she begins to shuffle them. "By Bahamut, your fate will be sealed! Wahaha~!"

Handing cards out to the crew of three and herself, she prepared to read. "So, what has destiny thrown?"​

"What would camping at school even be about," Sophia asked. "Can we even do that?" She thought about it for a moment. "Oh, I get it. We're going to need to sneak in and not get caught." She begins mentally preparing a basic plan, although she had no clue if anyone had the skills to handle any locks. Jem could certainly handle an unorthodox way into the building, and let the rest of them in... She nodded a few times. It wasn't much, but it'd do.

"Oh, speaking of jobs and stuff, can we like, volunteer to help out in other clubs? I had to turn down some of the sports clubs earlier today."

When sneaking into the school, Jem smilied. "Does that mean that my 'maybe illegal' activity might be useful...... since I know they leave the rooftop door unlocked at all times, it would make more sense that way then having us try to arrange it though student council...... and much faster." He laughed before he sat down. "Though I don't know what you all think of it, I think it would be awesome...... maybe we can do some minor fights just to have some laughs." As he stopped talking, a wave of nostalgia hit him as he remembered his days and weeks on end of fights, though his were much more dangerous. "I like it."

Finally the cards were all picked up and now that all the weird people with multiple names introduced their selves, they could finally do something. Akira said something about fates being sealed, and handed everyone cards. Rei looked at the card which had a man and a doggie. It was cute and looked like a good card until she red the title. "The... Fool..." Rei's face went blank. She chucked before throw the card to the ground. "I AM NOT A FOOL" she shouted as she stomped the card without using her enhanced strength. "I demand a new one!" said Rei while pointing to Akira.

@KurosawaShirou
@Crow
@Karakui

"Fighting huh" Ryoko muttered to herself. Back on the Remnants, she often spars with some other pilots as well. She's not the one asking for a fight though, most of them just came to her and asked for a spar in her free time, or when she's training. Most of them is also male, for some reason. Ryoko suspects there's other intention hidden other than just testing their strengths. Still, they can't be THAT masochist, rite? She always ends up the victor, since her reflexes are almost unmatchable. Added with the fact that she often couldn't held back, it would be, stupid to think that those guys have some ulterior motives. "Well i don't mind sparring"

Then the guy asked about secrets. To tell the truth, Ryoko didn't really have anything. Not anything she could think of anything she thought as a secret, that is. She's not really that shut in, so if she was asked about something, she'd answer it if she have an answer. She could say the darndest thing with a straight face, aside from anything regarding sexual stuffs. Ryoko thought about it for a moment, yet she couldn't find anything that she thought as a secret.

Akane then gave each of the members the green files. So they really are going for the normal one. Not that Ryoko is against it. It'll be a good way to find out what kind of stuffs they need to be doing, after all. So once she got her file, she flipped through it, scanning for important information. So far, there's really nothing out of ordinary. All the jobs listed was your usual everyday chores and charity. That's not a bad thing, but Ryoko actually expected something more. Well she is used to black ops mission and assault mission, so this kind of thing was, very underwhelming. But hey, it's a Hero Club, formed by a normal human being, it's not like Akane would throw anything remotely dangerous.

Still, one part caught her mind. Camping at school. A slight glance at it tells her that it's just your usual stay-at-school stuffs, but from what both Sophia and Two tells it, it's something like a infiltration mission. Was sleeping at school prohibited? Not that she actually checked any of the school's rules beforehand, so she don't really know about it. Still, if it's infiltration mission, it's certainly better than the other usual chores and charity.

"Camp?... Yeah i'm in" Ryoko said plainly, as she still looks through the files. "Oh and about secrets... I have a mecha" Ryoko added, still looking through the files, with a straight face.

Jonathan was having a lengthy conversation with the all powerful being called the Ripper, when his conversation was abruptly interrupted from the real world. It was Rei, the shorty who was crying earlier. It seems like he was staring off for quite a while there, and completely missed out something, important, so it seems, since the rest of the member was bending on the ground, collecting the scattered tarot cards.

"AH! Sorry about that, was talking to my other half for quite a while there" Jonathan said, as he bowed apologetically. He then started crouching, and started helping with collecting the cards. Like it or not, Jonathan actually owed these cards. If these cards weren't here, he won't get a chance of reclaiming his body again, and he probably couldn't stop the Ripper for breaking loose and causing havoc. Jonathan was never the superstitious one, but seeing that these cards helped him in a way, Jonathan started believing that the 'fate' the shorty with umbrella, Akira, said does have it's own credibility. Then again, if a megaphone could alter people's memory, and now that through that megaphone, a murderous spirit lies inside him, a thread of fate is much easier to believe.

After all of it was tidied up, Akira offered each of them a card. Maybe it was her way of knowing the members. Jonathan read somewhere, or more exactly the Ripper, that tarot cards is often used to predict stuffs, from the future, the past, personality, relationship, those sorts. If he remembered correctly, nothing happens without a meaning. Drawing a card backward means something. The order of the cards means something. Everything have a meaning, which is why tarot cards reading usually is pretty sensitive, and the descriptions regarding each cards and orders is really extensive.

In any case, Jonathan decided to take a look at what card he got.

"Death?" Jonathan said, raising an eyebrow. "Huh, the past really can't let up" Jonathan added, reminiscing all the bodies the Ripper managed to rip apart.

"Mecha?" Turning to Ryoko he responded. "That's the robot thing right?" Well, this is a new development..... I guess I should tell them, since she's said that much. "Well, since one other has given up a little bit of their present secret, or job depending on who you are, I guess I'll tell you mine." He cleared his throat and took on a more serious tone. He told them most of his past, how he was raised as part of a clan and they trained day and night. He did, however, left out the entire part of his blessed blades. "And, well, the clan is a bit messed up with the death of the master. I do, however, keep my weapons on me at all time." With this out of the way, he laughed, "But be sure you don't change how you treat me, okay? We are all friends, at least I hope we are." He smiled as he thought about how he might introduce his..... gift.

"Woah woah woah, I'm not doing that," Akane speaks. "That sounds illegal. Heck, I still have to get this club approved tomorrow before I get the activity rolling."

Akane sighs.

"Thing is, I don't want any of us to get into trouble or anything. If we're going to have a little camp activity at school, we can't walk the tightrope just like that. This is a club activity, not an infiltration mission."

Ryoko mentioned a mech and Two spoke about some sort of samurai-like tradition.

"So... you're armed?" Akane comments. "Alright, I'm glad to see that we're sharing some... secrets... but we just met. As for mine...."

Akane ponders for a bit, before her face turned slightly red.

"... they're called secrets for a reason. I think we should move on to the topic at hand."

Akane didn't want this to get out of hand.

"Oh, speaking of jobs and stuff, can we like, volunteer to help out in other clubs? I had to turn down some of the sports clubs earlier today."

Hearing Sophia's question, Akane simply winks as she answers, "maybe we will."

Damn, that kid displayed some pretty appaling behaviour. It caused even Akira to flinch in minor rage, before returning to regular composition.

"The Fool is not The Fool. Death is not Death," Akira's hand covers her face, revealing only her scarlet eyes. "Remember that in this world, a husk is an illusion to unravel. Wahaha~."

Looking at Rei, Akira smiles. "A new one? I could do that, but the gears of fate make little mistake. The Fool is an emblem of hunger. Hunger to learn. You are incomplete, and seek for perfection. This is the first step of your journey from The Fool to The World. What you have done was deny your fate. Treat your fate with respect."

Akira picks the card up. "That wasn't a very good first impression, comrade. Anyways, here we have Death. It does not signify your death. Well, it does, actually. It signifies how you will die and be reborn. To put this in your Earthly terms - change. You appear to be prepared for change. But what circumstances have caused it?"

Akira displays the two cards upside down. "If you see this, the Fool is indeed the Fool, as the Fool would wish to remain a Fool by rejecting knowledge. Death in a reversed state resists change and wants to retain. It refuses to shed anything from its sweet embrace."

Looking at Akucchi, Akira nods. "Now, young lady, what has the wheel of fate blessed you with?"​

Reactions: Unyielding
"The Fool is not The Fool. Death is not Death," ... "Remember that in this world, a husk is an illusion to unravel..."

Rei was confused at Akira's gibberish and nonsense. How as a fool not a fool? How was death not death? Rei has killed a bit of people and nobody who experienced death came back to tell her.

"A new one? I could do that, but the gears of fate make little mistake. The Fool is an emblem of hunger. Hunger to learn. You are incomplete, and seek for perfection. This is the first step of your journey from The Fool to The World. What you have done was deny your fate. Treat your fate with respect."

Rei flinched when she was scolded by Akira. Rei did not know the cards had special meaning as she never seen them before. She felt like the card was insulting her and had this happened while she was on patrol, well lets just say heads would roll along with a few explosions. However Rei could not do that now because of Mothers orders so like everything else today, she had to bare it. Rei started to tremble as the events of the day was starting to get to her. All of this weirdness and people doing mean things to her. She removed her foot from the card and stared at it.

"That wasn't a very good first impression, comrade...

Rei clenched her teeth as Akira finished her speech. her eyes tinted red for a quarter of a second as she continued to stared at the ground. Her rage was barely being suppressed. She picked up her card and brushed off the dirt from the floor, "Fool... is... one who is learning." Rei recalled when Mother told her she was attending this school, "Is that what you think of me, a fool?"

Then Rei looked up at Akira and sighed in defeat, "I change my mind... I will keep my card..."

@KurosawaShirou
@Crow
@Karakui

the Demon's Maw assumed her seat around the table. She was enjoying the mysterious atmosphere that Akira was creating, which was unusual given that she usually couldn't particularly stand chuunibyou. It reminded her too much of herself when she first gained her abilities. She reached out a hand and gently lifted the bottom card she had been dealt in a way that allowed her only to see the picture. She dropped it face-down once more and began to slide it over to Rei upon proposition of a change of card, and sighed in frustration as the girl decided to keep hers after all. Resigning herself, Akucchi flipped the card with a certain agility one could only have from playing far too many trading card games. "The Tower, huh. I should have kept the Priestess from earlier."

"A mecha, huh," Sophia asked. "I didn't have you pegged for a fan of that stuff, senpai. But don't worry, I won't go around telling anyone you like Gundam that much."

Jem's story was a little harder to swallow, but easy enough to figure out, too. "It's cool if you were raised in a dojo, but...um...aren't you taking it a bit seriously? Explains why you've got a one-track mind about fighting, at least. Must really wanna test those skills with those weapons of yours." The way she eyed his arms suggested she took him to be treating his own body as a weapon, because there was no way someone would just wander around armed with anything too obvious. Well...except for her, but she was careful to travel really light at school.

Akane brought her around to the subject of the camping at school again. "Ah, so I was totally wrong? Damn, guess i had my mind in the wrong place, and we've gotta do everything above-board. You think we'd get permission for things like that, though?" She thought about what little she knew of school clubs, mostly gleaned from television. "Don't we need a faculty adviser, too? Or would we get one assigned once the paperwork's taken care of?"

Jem laughed full-heartedly, "You guys don't think i'm armed, that's funny. And I don't always go to fighting, just most of the time........ well actually it only jumps to fighting around people I have yet to actually get to know." He pulled off one ring and spun it around on the table, watching how the red mixed with the silver causing the most appalling of colors. "So, Prez, you are armed I presume? If you show yours, I'll show mine....." He gave a devious grin, hoping that for a change, he could have the opportunity to show off what they had no clue was actually rings. He sat and wondered might be her weapon, and settled that it must be a small handgun, as her arms don't show any sort of definition that occurs when you learn to wield a blade.... "Oh! Before that, let me guess, a small caliber gun, or a knife? Maybe dual knives?"

Status
Not open for further replies.