The Hero Club's Misadventures! SESSION REI| 勇者部の災難! S0 | Yuushabu no Sainan! S0 | In Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through the Ripper's eye, Jonathan knew what have been going on around. From what he gathered, the taller girl doesn't actually wants to fight. That's a good thing, but that it turns made The Ripper annoyed, which sends his senses down to drain and turned to his primal instinct. That in turn caused some, unfortunate event for him. Well not Jonathan, but the Ripper. Which in turn returns the body back to Jonathan, the original owner. The guy always did whatever that he like, and caused more trouble to Jonathan than himself. As the model citizen figure, seeing what The Ripper had done is practically an eternal torture. It might be better if he was swallowed whole after all. But no matter, he got the control of his body back, and that's what matters now. In any case, the taller girl seemed to be confused by his predicament. Her mispronunciation of his name is quite, interesting to hear. Western name does sounds much different than Eastern name.

"I'm simply a man possessed by a spectre which took control of my body" Jonathan answered.

Well not long after that, things started looking really, really bad. True to their height, the two shorty started wailing. Well the shorty with umbrella started first, which triggered the other shorty wailing. In short, the situation is as bad as it can get. Well aside from The Ripper assuming control back and started berserking. The other shorty then dashed out of the room, pushing both Jonathan and the taller girl, with a strength that he never expected. It's stronger than the yakuza's blow, and added with the crack on the floor, the almost broken handle, Jonathan is sure that the girl isn't anyone normal. Well that's for another day. For now he should handle the situation at hand first, before it got out of control.

"You just had to make things worse don'tcha, 'John'?" Jonathan mumbled to himself, before assuming command. "You, take care of the girl here, i'll take care of the one that ran outside" Jonathan said to the taller girl, as he picked his bag, and make a run for the girl. He didn't slam the door, but the force that he used to open it was enough to break it. Now the handle is hanging freely there. "Oops. Sorry" Jonathan said, as he bowed to the door, before running again.

Not long after that, he found the other shorty sitting on the floor, leaning to a wall, crying. It's already past the bell time, so there's not many people around, which is good. It might cause some unnecessary publicity if someone found a little girl crying on the hallway. In any case, Jonathan decided to approach the situation as careful as possible. Her mental stage might not be mature yet, therefore if she's crying, then she's in a volatile condition. With her power as well, Jonathan might ends up getting thrown to the first floor. He might still have the Ripper's power, but he's not keen on finding that out that way. Then he remembered that he bought some food, specifically onigiri and some fried yakitori. He then pulled those stuff out from his bag, crouched near the girl, and offered her that.

"You hungry?" Jonathan asked, as sincere as he can.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oh Ryoko heard of that once. Some strategist in the Remnants was explaining, or more specifically, teaching, the combatant about the ancient strategy of battling forces that outnumbered and outgunned the fighter. Was it Chuka Lieng or something? His nickname is badass though, the Sleeping Dragon. It was said that with his strategy, no battle is impossible. The guy sounded much more competent than the one boasting about him anyway, since Ryoko seems to be doing shock and awe most of the time, because of 'miscalculation'.

Either way, there's 4 pieces, including Nobunaga one, which is curiously from different time period and different region as well. Maybe it's for player purpose. Well it's not a bad piece anyway, considering how strong and smart he is. From the looks of it as well, it doesn't seem that the faction that the pieces represent matters a lot anyway. After several seconds of thinking, Ryoko decided to pick the Wei piece, simply because she liked the color blue. If she recall correctly as well, Wei was one of the strongest faction, but crumbles due to civil war. Well not like it matters anyway.

"Then... I'll take the Wei" Ryoko said.​

Rei stopped crying but kept sniffling when she heard Jon's voice. She turned to him and and saw the weird looking meat on a stick. She had never see it before so her curiosity was starting to kick in. Was it poison, nonsense as her nanobots would break it down before it did anything to dangerous. Everyone knew that after she the chemical assault a few months ago. Still it had a good smell. She tried to resist it and continue crying but the smell of the meat on a stick was too tempting. She rubbed her eyes and slowly reached out to grab one of the meat sticks. She was not a big eater as her body could be fueled on energy alone. Still every once in a while she would fine something to snack on. She smelled it and slowly bit a tiny piece off.

Her eyes widen as she tasted the new flavor. They did not have anything like this at home. She could not cry anymore as her focus was on eating the meat on a stick. She was turned to Jon while eating the meat on the stick. Suddenly she remembered all the things Jon did. She stopped nibbling on the meat. "Are you magic?" Slowly she brought the stick away from her face. Her happy expression became emotionless. The nanobots in her body started to move around ready to activate at a moment's notice.

"Hm...This sounds pretty complex," Sophia said as she considered the board and the available pieces. "Ah, well, beginner's luck will be on my side today~" She clearly hadn't heard of the game before, and grand warfare required a completely different tactical acumen than what she was used to. Still, it would be interesting to give it a try, and even if she ended up dead last, she'd have a nice time.

"I'll go with the completely out of place foreigner," she decided, reaching out to grab the Oda piece. What was an anachronism from Sengoku-era Japan doing in this game anyway? Wouldn't Attilla the Hun or someone similar make more sense?

If you want to conquer a man, start from his stomach.

Apparently, it also works on girls, and somehow more effective at prepubescent girls. The little girl seemed reluctant at first, since it was evident that she doesn't want to accept that, out of some reason. Maybe because she's told not to take any food from strangers. Maybe because she's not hungry. Maybe she just want to cry some more since the troublemaker is right here in front of her. In any case, she doesn't seem to reject the fried yakitori for long, since not long after some more crying, she started rubbing her eyes, and took the yakitori from his hand. Just watching the shorty eyes lit up just after she bites the yakitori is pretty amusing to Jonathan. It also makes Jonathan wonders what kind of life she's having, since just a bite of your neighborhood convenience store yakitori could make her this amused. Then while she was eating, her gaze turned to himself, and asked about his, identity.

"Hmm, how to explain it" Jonathan said, as he sat down opposite of the girl. Being possessed by a spectre and being controlled by one for quite a long period isn't such a normal occurrence. Then again, the girl's strength isn't something of a normal occurrence either. Well, one thing for sure, he isn't a magical being, not in any way, his alter ego is. "Simply put, i'm not. Currently i'm not. The other 'me' is, however. To put it simply, there's two souls residing in this body. One is mine, the normal guy, and the other is 'The Ripper', the guy you saw earlier. You know, the one with gray hair, darker skin, and black hand" Jonathan said, as he tried to bring out the Nero di Anima, as The Ripper called it. True enough, it doesn't appear, but Jonathan could see a bit of black in his vein. Maybe being put in the same vessel as the Ripper caused some mutation on his body.

"In any case, the other guy is asleep, so i don't think he'll be around anytime soon. When he woke up though, he'll forcefully take control of my body, so yeah" Jonathan added. Like, he did it once, so it's clear that he could do it again if the time asked for it. Maybe he could come to an agreement as to who to control their body at certain condition.

"Other you? Two souls?" repeated Rei. She was really confused. She did not know what a souls was but she has been shown what happens when you have 2 users on the same computer. However she knew jon was not a computer and nor was this home. She sign and sad back down against the wall nibbling on the snack. She was use to the flavor now so it did not excite her and her eyes dropped down as she continued to eat. She missed home, she missed being something bigger. If only she could say that now and burn this dreadful place to the ground. Now Jon was out of her mind as tears formed in her eyes. This magic place had only brought her pain and at least she can protest this.

"I hate magic..."

Last edited:
"You... you can't change... can you," Akira looks at Akucchi then looks at the Death tarot card. "I made this club for friends, not foes that end up fighting all the time, not foes who hate each other deep within, but friends who will share... share a lot..."

Akira wipes her tears, still slightly sobbing.

"The other two should return soon... I don't want to end up hating you all... so for my next act, all four of us will need to cooperate for the first and last time."

@Karakui

Reactions: Unyielding
Akucchi had given up trying to lie by this point - it was something she was very bad at especially when it came to trying to cheer someone up. "Well, arguing isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure you've watched a load of anime, haven't you? The characters always start off hating each other but they always grow to like each other as time goes on. And besides, it'd be boring if all we did was sit around and drink tea and eat cake and play instruments occasionally. Hmm, now i want to start a band and find a rich girl with expensive tea sets..." She realised she was going off on a tangent, but hoped it would serve to amuse the girl, before getting back on track. "Anyway, we've only just met one another. I reckon once we figure out who everyone is, we'll be able to establish a friendly status quo, right?"

"Yeah, it's really hard to explain my current situation to anyone, apparently" Jonathan said, shrugging. While it's true that he's some kind of guy that came out straight from an anime or some sorts, his current soul is his normal soul, the one that never actually touched comics and animes. The only comics that he read before being possessed was those kind of educational comics. Not really a childhood to remember, but due to that, he could practically ace anyone. His situation is quite funny, however, the protagonist material and the antagonist material both resides within his body, separated by only whim. Then again, rather than protagonist, Jonathan fits the bill as the 'protagonist assistant', or 'the calculating guy'. While the Ripper is straight outta humanity.

Then Jonathan saw another tears rolling on shorty's cheek. "I hate magic". Well words can't even describe how much Jonathan hates it as well. It can't be explained by any scientific means. Not to mention the fact that his downfall and everything was caused by this so called 'magic'. To be perfectly honest though, Jonathan does owes a bit to this magic. If this magic works on it's own will, he'd probably be lying on a mental asylum somewhere. Not that the Ripper would stay still though.

"Trust me, i had it worse" Jonathan said, sighing. He briefly wondered how long will the Ripper be unconscious. He hoped that it's not short, since if he resurfaced back when he's with the other shorty, things might get even worse. Speaking of which, Jonathan reckons that they've been gone long enough. Well it's not like they're expected back there anyway, still, it's the first day of the club. Might as well go an extra mile and be there and fix things up.

"And hey, if you're feeling better, let's go back. The other girl might be waiting for us after all" Jonathan said to the shorty. "I'll wait"

Rei did not want to go back because of all the magical people like this Jon. Still he did give her the snack stick, so she owed him at least one thing. Then Jon asked for them to go back.

"Does she want us back?" Rei stood up while focused. "I thought she did not want us as friends."

A small smile formed on her face. Was it not too late? It is not like Rei did anything bad. Rei was a good girl. She loved to help others, it was her job. She cheered, while grabbing Jon's hand and walked back to the room, afraid of showing off her true strength. She peeked her head in the doorway and saw the girl with the sword and the club leader. Rei nervously walked in hoping nobody would get made with Jon behind her.

"Wahaha... your words mean well, comrade," Akira wipes her tears as she rises, "I fret that I will not remember them until the time is ripe. Your advice will be embedded deep into my conscience, however."

Akira makes hand signals towards the sliding door as it began to slide open. "The moment of truth has arrived! Now all, gather around."

Akira gathers the crew around as she announces. "I am well aware that at least one of you possesses a rather noteworthy ability I like to call 'Memory Erase'. It wipes memories of a certain event, both good and bad. Will the individual who possesses said capability step forward and erase the evidence of this incident from the other three of us?"

After that, Akira's face changed from smug to serious. She then nods and looks at the other three. "First impressions matter. That's why I'm going to take it from the top."

Smile slowly creeped on Jonathan's face as he saw the smile on the shorty's face. It's not much, but at least she's smiling, instead of crying her eyes out. At the very least, he could also take pride that she was able to make a crying girl smile. Well, now's the time to apologize to the other shorty as well. The Ripper DID caused the most damage before. He really needs to make a deal with the other him to ensure that he didn't cause any unwanted problem like this again. Well it's not like he never caused any unwanted problem before, but the other time it happens, the unwanted problem wasn't something that Jonathan could change. This time however, since it was confirmed that he could get control over his body again, he might need to do something again to ensure the other side didn't do anything. It'll be really good if he couldn't just assume control like before.

"Yeah, let's" Jonathan said, as he let his hand get grabbed by the shorty. If there's some students that still wanders the school in these hour, they'll assume that Jonathan is a lolicon, especially since his age is already over the High School age. Well no matter, time to get back.

When they got back, Jonathan found that the other shorty already recovered from the crying as well, which is good. Seems like the taller girl could do what she's told to, even though she doesn't seem like the type to be good with children. It's all good. The other shorty then started babbling about something, but Jonathan could get the gist of it. She wants to have their memory erased, especially the few minutes that just happened, so they can restart it new, and leave a better first impression. While it's true that he have that ability to erase memory, it's the other guy that knew how to use it. From any normal point of view, the megaphone he always carry is just a normal megaphone, even Jonathan thought about that as well. Maybe it doesn't needs to be used by the Ripper to have those abilities. Well, it's not like trying would hurt anyone, except their eardrums.

"Well, I have that kind of ability. My other side, to be precise" Jonathan said as he stepped forward. "Still, I know how it works. I just don't know if it works if I am the one that used it" Jonathan added, as he took out his megaphone. "So basically, I need to shout into this mic, and those who heard it would have their memory erased. Up until now, this was only used to erase people's memory within 5 seconds, or an individual's memory within several minutes. Since this happened for more than a few minutes, I think you should wish for those memory to be erased. So far, people who got their memory erased never wished for those memory to be erased, which is probably why their memory can't be tampered further" Jonathan explained, in a scientific way.

"Well in any case, it's time to try it out" Jonathan said, as he readies the megaphone. From what he gathered while not being in control of his own body, the Ripper never really have any pattern to anything he said to erase the memory. He just shouted anything to the megaphone, and it seemed to works. Taking that as a fact, Jonathan tried to think what to shout at it. While no one would remember what he said, it's kinda, embarrassing to just shout it out loud. Well, there's one quote that the Ripper always used, and for once, Jonathan wanted to shout that words. So he took a deep breath, and with all his might, he shouted to the megaphone.

"THE WORLD IS GARBAGE" Jonathan shouted as loud as he can. Oblivious to him, his skin got a tad bit tanned, and his hair got a tad bit gray. Seems like by using the megaphone, the Ripper's influence on his body started resurfacing bits by bits. Since the black substance hasn't resurfaced, Jonathan didn't realize this. This changes isn't really permanent as well, so he probably wouldn't notice it.

"Did that work?" Jonathan asked, after a few seconds of silence.

Knowing he was more than a little late, he came flying through the streets he had traveled since he was little, after sneaking out of the clan home that was. Up and over buildings, down through construction sites, he knew it all like the back of his hand. Turning to look at his hand, me made a little joke to himself, Oh look, there's a new spot. At the speed he was going, he knew someone would easily fall so he decided to take a more direct path than just going through the streets, instead he decided to go over them. Before anyone could notice it, he ran and climbed up the first building he came across. After that, he continued jumping gaps and following bends on the rooftop.

As the school came into sight, he jumped over the gate and looked at the paper in his hand, reconfirming his target. "Upsey daisy." He laughed at himself before he found the window he was after. "Lets hope they are still in there....." He sighed and got a good running start, swiftly and elegantly. As he neared the window, he grabbed the top of it with one of his custom hooks, made from an old iron nail. He looked into the window and knocked slightly, hoping someone noticed him.

Rei Thought about the girls suggestion. Forget all the bad things, was that possible? She was sure that Mother implemented a safety measure to prevent memory lost but it would be nice to forget the bad things. However before she could respond, Jon shouted out his mic

"THE WORLD IS GARBAGE"

Suddenly she got a huge headache as the nanobots raced to her brain. She opened her mouth to comment but fainted after saying in a monotone voice, "Shut...Down..." She dropped to the ground and laid there motionless. Her body was made so she could not forget things. But because she did from the magic, it had to reboot her system for fear that someone had hacked into her. After a few seconds she moaned but was unable to get up. "My... head..."

Last edited:
The four present members of the Hero Club were many minutes into their game before Akane detects something.

"Everyone, let's halt for a while. You hear that, don't you?"

Akane stands up, looking towards the window. "Is it a pervert?" Akane ponders, "why doesn't he use the door?" Walking towards the windows, she opens them, only to see some boy. "Eek!"

Akane was slightly frightened and thus immediately closed the windows. Afterwards, she checked the list to identify the fifth and final member. Afterwards, she opened the door.

"Listen, Two," her hand was on her forehead, "this isn't class, and there are no teachers here. If you're late, just use the front door... come in..."

Turning back to the other three, she announces, "with all five of us, we're ready. Let's pack the game up and proceed with introductions shall we?"

Laughing a little Jem hopped through the now open window. "Well, I had to make an introduction somehow.. and I would have had to go out of my way to go through the door." Looking at the assembled group, he was interested to hear all of their oh I just want to be a good citizen speeches.

Pulling himself together a bit, he turned to the group. "Since I was the last one here... I think i'll start off the introductions, since I presume you've done yours already prez." He slipped his hook, which he called his anchor, into its pouch on his back... under his shirt. "Well, my name is Jem, though as you heard, I also go by Two. I have some issues like everyone, and I hope we can make this year something special.

He looked at each person individually, carving their faces into his mind so when they did their introductions he wouldn't forget them. "Some of my hobbies are fighting and, as you saw, free running." He nodded to Akane and sat.

"I think I'd take the time to actually use the door unless I had to climb in through a window," Sophia replied, inclining her head toward Jem. "It's a bit risky to just hand out there and hope someone lets you it, you know?" The smaller girl looked him over with a considering eye, sizing him up. "Fighting ain't exactly a good hobby either. Anyway, I'm Sophia Wiess. Nice to meet you."

She didn't volunteer any further information, though maybe she was just intimidated by being the youngest one there. It seemed to be quite a group so far. She did have a few more words for the newly-arrived member. "So, did you forget the club was meeting today and head home or something? It's not like you needed to show off just because it's the first day."

Akucchi turned to look at the boy. She tilted her head to the side as if to say "What on earth was that?", before bursting into gradually intensifying laughter over his ridiculously goth choice of words. Still smiling, she said "The world is garbage? Who comes up with your lines?" Around this point, she realised she had no idea what was happening. "More importantly, who are you even supposed to be? How did you get in this room? Last thing I remember, I was watching a little girl coat a room in decorations and now there's 2 extra people..."

Ryoko's ear is already trained to hear sudden change in the surrounding acoustic. While it's not as good as those spy movies and such, Ryoko could react immediately after seeing/hearing/smelling things that wasn't there before. This is no exception. As soon as she heard the knock on the window, Ryoko's senses heightens. While the current location, the club room, is seen as safe by herself, it never hurts to be extra careful. After all, no normal people would come and knocks on the window, while there's a door. Since her guitar case is several feet away, getting to the case means she'll drop and roll, possibly knocking the table where they were playing the board game with it. That's not something she wanted to do, especially since it's her first impression.

As soon as Akane screamed though, Ryoko stood up and assumed battle stance, unarmed battle stance. She seemed pretty calm however, and doesn't show any signs of being in danger. Akane then flipped through the list, and revealed the troublemaker. A guy named Jem, or Two. For some reason, he had the audacity to go and climbed the whole building just to make an entry. What a way to make a first impression. One thing for sure however, Ryoko acknowledged his skill of scaling buildings. Not everyone could do that, even with several gadgets. Ryoko tried it once, and ends up making a dent on the tip of one of the Haven pair by trying to use the katanas as climbing tool. The technology made it so that the katanas can be repaired, good as new, so no harm done. Well time to introduce herself.

"Aragami Ryoko" Ryoko said plainly, as she bowed. "Shouldn't have done that... someone might see" Ryoko added.

That was, embarrassing. Even though Jonathan already expected the megaphone to not work as intended, he didn't expect that the shouts would still be heard. If he knew this would happens, he'd pick something more, normal. The Ripper often shouted any words that comes out from his mouth, and it worked. It doesn't have to be a thing that he always said, and Jonathan decided to pick one of his favorite line. Maybe all those times dwelling inside the mind of a mad murderer botched his mind a little bit.

"Certainly not me" Jonathan said, answering to the taller girl's remark. Jonathan then noticed the other shorty that fell down. She looks like she got some kind of headache. Jonathan immediately crouched and rubbed the shorty's head. "Are you okay?" Jonathan asked. The taller girl then inquire about his 'sudden appearance'. For some reason, the megaphone does works, but the time lapse which was altered was, randomized. The taller girl does seems to remember hearing his shout, but for some reason, she didn't remember anything before that. In a sense, the stuff worked, albeit not as intended. Well, since the umbrella-shorty wanted to take things from the top, as the one with retaining memories, Jonathan decided to go and set things in motion.

"Well i'm here to join the Occult Club. Me and my other half it is" Jonathan said, as he bowed. "Nice to meet you, my name is Jonathan Lionheart" Jonathan introduced himself in a formal manner.

"Other half?" Akucchi wondered what that meant, but introductions come first. "The demons call me 'Akuma no Kuchi'. Humans usually shorten that to Akucchi for convenience. You may use either, or adapt your own name for me. I don't care."

Laughing at their comments about him climbing, he reached behind him and pulled out his anchor. "I call this little guy an anchor. All I need to do is set in over any lip, the top of a window for example, and I can just hang. The loop goes around your wrist in case your hand slips.... if you want I can show you, it's fairly easy to move around after you try it enough times." He set it on the table in case they wanted to look at it.

With the comment about being late he turned to the speaker. "Sophia, right? I was a bit late today because I needed to take care of something with my family, as I'm the only guy that leaves the house I have to deal with protecting everyone.... not as much fun as it sounds." He continued looking at everyone while he spoke, "I also climbed it because that's what I do anyway..... and I don't need to worry about being seen, as it's happened before. They don't mind much because my family just pays them to not care." Even though we don't have much money.....

Status
Not open for further replies.