Which side will you fight on?

• Heroes

• Villains

• Servant of Darkness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hadn't intended it. But his blurred vision, his chest constricting, the pain in his head pounding like a beating drum. He had made eye contact with this man. And trapped him. It hurt, so much. Peter could feel his entire body throbbing, burning inside, and more blood only continued to seep out of his wounds. This man had to leave. Before he feinted and the girl was left to fight him alone. Breathe. Long, deep breaths. He had to keep breathing. In through his nose and out through his mouth, just like he had been told as a child to deal with the asthma.

"Ugh. Just... Get out of here," he said as he looked away.

Instantly Peter felt relieved. But his sight was still a blur, not aided any amount by the darkness. Black spots were appearing in his vision. At least his breathing had returned to normal. But he needed to stop the bleeding. Again.

Vincent looked around, he just heard some noices, trying to remember, from what direction they came, Vincent heard them again. He slowly started to walk in way to the noises, thinking about who caused them. If there was an attack, could he use his power for good? What if he will explode like a bomb, damaging not only enemy, but victims too? Thoughts were rumbling inside his mind, making him walk slower, and slower. But when he finally came to place where sounds came from, he saw such a picture: one man, that he couldn't totaly recognize, standed benhind taxi, and didn't move at all, on the other side stayed some guy with black hair, he was very tired, as Vincent heard his hard breathing. Also near man standed woman, who looked as beautiful, as black swan, in surrounding of darkness. He made it to man and asked, with trembling, nervous voice:

- Are you okay, do you need help ? - as he concentrated a little bit more, raindrops stopped falling on them, instead falling around them.

Another person was approaching. The last thing that they needed was an innocent bystander getting involved in this. But the new stranger had asked about Peter's well being. He was trying to help, even if all he could do was call an ambulance. The stranger appeared to be a civilian. But then who was Peter to judge. Without his mask Peter's clothes made him look just like every other person. And this remarkable girl, though she would stand out in any crowd, still seemed normal.

"It's fine. I'm fine," answered Peter. "He was just leaving."

Peter shot a glare back towards the once-shadowy man. Their attacker had stood down, had been bested by the girl's shadows and had admitted defeat. It was best if Peter didn't tell the stranger that he couldn't paralyze anyone with his eyes for quite some time. He also thought it would be best to keep it a secret that his power only worked on people the once.

- Are you sure ? - Asked Vincent with nervous, but not trembling voice. Yes, maybe a man, who breathes like if he ran a marathon, in the middle of nowhere doesn't needs help?

- Okay, then i'll go - said Vincent.

Then Vincent noticed wrecked taxi car.

- Don't mind if i take it off the road - Vincent moved his hands straight to car, making water that was poured on asphalt, slowly surround it. He then made slow punch move, making taxi slowly slide off the road. After all that was done, Vincent lightly tapped asphalt with his foot, making water to flow away from him.

- Bye, maybe see you later - Said Vincent, and walked away, thinking about them, and what will happen to pair of strange people, in the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
That was an impressive trick. Or rather power. The fourth person who he had met with powers. First the Phantom Marksman back at the train station, then the shadowy man and this pale, young lady before him. And finally the stranger. From what Peter had seen the stranger moved enough water to push the taxi aside.

"Thank you... But I really... Am fine," said Peter in between punctured breaths. Though the truth was quite the contrary and he couldn't endure much longer. The blood loss was making him light headed and he felt cold. So cold. "Yeah, maybe we'll see each other later." Peter watched him walk away and turned back to the man of shadows. "You should go too. While you still can." For that at least he managed to put on a brave face. Then he gently whispered to the girl with purple eyes: "I don't know about you." Come one, breathe. "But I'm surprised to still be standing right now. If he tries anything then you need to... Be ready." His sight was still blurry but he could see the light in her eyes. Even through distorted vision, in the dark, he could see that she was beautiful. "Once he has gone... " No good. He didn't have long left. "Once he's ... Call an ambulance. Please."

Peter had been assaulted by an assassin, dropped through a glass roof and fell over thirty feet, walked miles through the worst rain in the towns history with was possibly a broken back, had navigated to eye of a storm of shadows and was still ready to face off against super human with powers far beyond his own. All considered, he was doing exceedingly well. The world was slowly beginning to spin. But he had to remain conscious and standing until the shadowy man had retreated. So close. Just a little longer, then he could relax. Or, more accurately, then he could collapse.

Sky frowned, obviously worried. She didn't know who to keep her eyes on. At the moment the shadows weren't springing to life, so they obviously detected no threat. Then again, they tended to feed of her emotions. She was surprised they weren't feeding off her subtle panic. Almost to her relief, Janessa materialized next to her, black eyes glinting menacingly. "Do what you've got to do, Miss Shadow. I have a bone to pick...." The red headed female seemed a bit shakier than her usually confident and aloof self.

"Janessa, he gave up. He's trying to leave." She tried to explain. Janessa was having none of it though.

She took a step forward, grabbing the now solid man by the front of his shirt. "You. I don't know what you did to me a little while ago, but I think we're going to have a little chat about it." She paused for a moment, looking over her shoulder at Sky. "Now shoo, before I come after you and the Vanguard. And before you say anything, don't. Just don't." The last part was directed at him.

With a sigh, Sky decided to listen to Janessa. For once. Unfortunately calling an ambulance would be a bit difficult without a phone. So, she did the next best thing she could and prayed her control held. "This is going to be a bit cold... which I know probably won't be that pleasant at the moment, but bare with me, okay?" She said, voice soft as she held out her hands before her. The shadows gathered and gently lifted him off his feet. "I'm getting you to a hospital."

~~~

"Mistress, a lot seems to be going on." Merik chimed, kneeling before the plush chair that was occupied by... a porcelain doll? "I sense not only that something is off, but I sense a gathering of power here." He rose and wandered over to a map pinned to one of the walls. "Do you wish for me to investigate?"

Lanalee shook her head slightly. "No, you know you must remain with me. Send one of the others. Send Hailey."

This was all getting out of hand. And fast. A woman had shown who knew both the pale girl and the shadowy man. She had picked a fight with the shadowy man and commanded both the purple-eyed, pale girl and Peter to leave. Now. Furthermore she had recognized him as the Vanguard when he wasn't wearing his mask.

Then she shadows lifted Peter off the floor. Some small part of his was almost proud that she was able to control her powers to that degree. Another small part of his was afraid of what she was doing. But mostly he was too tired, too weak, too close to passing out for him to give it much thought. He felt the cold embrace of her shadows. Gentle, yet powerful. The shadows lifted him off the floor.

"Wait... " He was so close too passing out. So close... "Your name."

Peter trusted the girl. With that he was gone. Resting in her care, Peter was unconscious for the second time that night.

She gave him a small smile. He'd find out soon enough. Being as careful as she could she used her shadows to carry him. As she passed the discarded cat carrier, she nudged it open. "C'mon Snowball." She mumbled, rolling her eyes when the cat hissed at her. It took her a little while due to the concentration it took to keep him from falling, but she finally made it to the hospital. So as not to get caught, she gently set him down outside and ran in to get help. In the mean time, the fluffy cat sniffed at him before curling up near his head, tail resting over his eyes.

When she emerged with a few paramedics, she snatched up her cat. Holding her in the air, she gave her a look. "At least I have to give you credit for not laying on him." She sighed, setting the cat down and following them into the hospital. Snowball remained outside keeping vigil.

To say Sky was irritated when they confined her to the waiting room was an understatement. She crossed her arms, glaring daggers at the nurse in her way. It wasn't until the shadows shuddered that she gave up, not wanting to accidentally hurt someone.

At least they'd already be in a hospital... The darkness whispered to her.

She ignored it. Its ideas were never good anyways.

Crouching behind a nearby bush, Leona watched as a man covered in blood was lifted into the air as if by magic. There he was, a man half dead being held in the air by a dark and menacing looking shadow. And a woman too: seemingly controlling the shadow as if it were an extra limb. Leona was shaking: partly from the cold of the night and rain, and partly out of fear.

She glanced over at the other scene unfolding. A woman was holding up a man who looked slightly beaten up, giving him a deathly glare and saying something Leona couldn't quite hear. She motioned to the unconscious man and the purple-eyed girl to leave, and they did so. Leona tried to move, but her courage couldn't overcome her fear. Frozen, she watched the wounded man be carried off by the menacing girl and couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Hey!" George shouted a little too loudly, trying to catch his breath from running whilst carrying two duffel bags, "why did you run off like that? What gives?".

Leona shot up to cover George's mouth, but it was too late: he was easily audible by the two that remained at the scene.

Max was just about to make his escape when some woman appeared out of nowhere and grabbed him. "Woah, I didn't think a town could be so populated with heroes." Max sounded much more nervous. He snapped his fingers and pointed at her. "You must be the cab driver." A made a mock sad face. "Did I make you see some scary things? Perhaps, of a dead friend?" Max didn't know what she saw, but quite often it was a dead person that people saw in the hallucinations he gave them. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I'd like to bail before someone really threatening shows up." He didn't show it but he was incredibly scared right now. With that he slowly turned to smoke and fell through the grate. He turned tail and flew as fast smoke could away from the scene. "Goddamn, how am I going to explain these scars at work tomorrow."

One split second of distraction as someone yelled. She could care less though. She had what she wanted in her grasp. "Hero? Please. I'm just pissed off. I'm not exactly a person you'll like when I'm pissed either." Her black eyes narrowed into a glare. "It doesn't matter what I saw, what matters is that I saw it and that you're going to pay for making me see it." She raised a brow at his next statement. Someone threatening? Oh... there went her last nerve. When he turned to smoke in her grasp, she practically snarled. Did he really think he was getting away that easily? She looked over to the bushes where she'd heard voices. "I'll be back to see who the hell you are later. I have something to take care of." With that she popped out of view, reappearing beneath the grate and taking off after him. "I'm not letting you get away from me!" She yelled.

~~~

Nearby a blonde haired girl had taken to the streets. She seemed blank, devoid of life as she looked around. "Mistress, I haven't found anyone yet..." She said.

Keep looking. Lanalee chimed in her mind.

"Yes, Mistress." Hailey replied and continued looking around as she made her way down the street.

Peter felt movement. Probably her, his savior, carrying him in a cold embrace. Could he smell a cat? Somewhere in his dreams he could smell a cat. Then he was being carried through his dreams again but this time he wasn't cold. It all whirled past, not making much sense. But all the while he kept catching glimpses of the pale girl. And bright, purple eyes that rippled across the surface, deep wells of dark water that had seen so much. What was her name? He had passed out before she could answer.

"Well, I suppose this is it," he said to himself. "It was a good run. I helped some people. What more could I ask for?"

"I didn't mark you for a quitter," said his reflection. "I didn't mark us for a quitter."

"I'm not quitting. This is just the end," he replied. "Even you have to admit that we pushed ourselves too far this time. But at least we will die knowing that we did everything we could."

"Not everything," his reflection said. "There is still one thing." What was it? What one last thing was there left to do? He had done so much, tried so hard. Though he was young Peter had lived a full life. "Her name, Peter. You never found out her name. If that's not worth living for then I don't know what is."

"You're an idiot," said Peter.

"That makes two of us," retorted the reflection. "Now get back out there. You've already wasted enough of our time already. And no more falling through windows. What were you thinking, standing on top of all that glass? It's a wonder you didn't die then. Now get going."

"All right, all right. I'm going," said Peter.

---

His eyes opened and he saw a white ceiling. People were talking all around him but their words were muddle, their voices fuzzy. Someone shined a light in his eyes. Peter tried to protest but only a mass jumbled words and complete jargon came out of his mouth. Where was he? Once the light was out of his eyes and his vision slowly returned to normal he could see that he was surrounded by a small team of nurse. A doctor stood on his left, barking orders and making demands.

"Hello, can you hear me?" asked the doctor, his words were slow and deliberate. Where was he? Clearly the hospital, so the beautiful girl had brought him here. "Do you remember your name? It's okay if you don't. Many people find it difficult after waking up. You hurt yourself pretty bad, multiple lacerations, head concussion, a bruised lung, three broken ribs and two internal fractures of the left fibula. The bruising in your lungs and the swelling on the back of your head should be fine after about six days, maybe a week. Your ribs will take around five to six weeks to heal. Your leg won't start healing for around six weeks, maybe eight, which means cruches for the time being. After it is healed you will be scheduled for two months of physiotherapy and until your therapist says so you will have to wear a leg brace for the remainder of that time."

"You're not one for good news, are you?" asked Peter. It was rhetorical, meant as a joke.

The doctor looked at him quizzically. "How are you feeling? Are you dizzy? Tired? In pain? We can administer and prescribe some pain medication. Are you able to remember your name yet?"

"Peter. Peter Euryale," he answered. "I never forgot it." He tried to sit up but the doctor pushed him back down. "I have to find someone. The girl that brought me in. I have to find her."

"Yes, yes. She's in the waiting room," said the doctor. "I'll send one of the nurses to fetch her."

Peter laid back down. "How long was I out for?"

"Not long. At least not for long after you arrived," answered the doctor. "Once you were stabilized you starting showing signs of coming back around. Your eyes were moving, I think you were dreaming. Which is a good sign."

Yes. He had been dreaming. He could remember it with an alarming clarity. "Could you send a nurse already. I have to see the girl."

"Of course, Peter," said the doctor. "You just wait here while we wait for your toxicology report to come back."

The doctor snapped his fingers and pointed to the door. A nurse shuffled away from the bedside and towards the door. Peter watched her leave, then rested his head and closed his eyes. He was tired. Though whether was because of the impact to his head or because of how long a night it had been, he wasn't sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Whbt thh hrll!" George exclaimed through Leona's hands, witnessing the man turn into smoke and go down the drain and the woman follow in pursuit.

Leona's hands fell away from his face as the shock hit her too. "I don't know what's happening George, but that injured man is being chased by that woman, we need to help him." Leona said softly, trying to regain her courage.

"No Leo, no we don't." George replied tersely, grabbing onto Leona's arm as she took her duffel bag from him and started to walk towards the grate, "He's just a random guy, and all these people have some kinda crazy abilities!".

Leona pulled her arm away, crouching down to unzip her bag. "I don't care about any of that, that guy is injured and I wanna help". Proceeding to take out a baseball bat and a Lion mascot head out of her bag, she saw her friend facepalm.

"Really? Do we really have to get involved? What about your dad?" George pleaded.

"This could be a clue George! If you're not going to help by coming with me then at least help by letting me do this alone." Leona replied, already zipping up the whole mascot onesie and slinging the duffel bag (now filled with only baseballs) over her slender shoulder.

"As if i'd let you go alone, if this is what you wanna do you know i'm with you..." George trailed off, shaking his head and sighing before retrieving his own bat from his bag and following Leona as she began her descent into the sewers...

One split second of distraction as someone yelled. She could care less though. She had what she wanted in her grasp. "Hero? Please. I'm just pissed off. I'm not exactly a person you'll like when I'm pissed either." Her black eyes narrowed into a glare. "It doesn't matter what I saw, what matters is that I saw it and that you're going to pay for making me see it." She raised a brow at his next statement. Someone threatening? Oh... there went her last nerve. When he turned to smoke in her grasp, she practically snarled. Did he really think he was getting away that easily? She looked over to the bushes where she'd heard voices. "I'll be back to see who the hell you are later. I have something to take care of." With that she popped out of view, reappearing beneath the grate and taking off after him. "I'm not letting you get away from me!" She yelled.

~~~

Nearby a blonde haired girl had taken to the streets. She seemed blank, devoid of life as she looked around. "Mistress, I haven't found anyone yet..." She said.

Keep looking. Lanalee chimed in her mind.

"Yes, Mistress." Hailey replied and continued looking around as she made her way down the street.

Specter flew as fast as he could through the tunnels. His prey was not usually this persistent. He took a right, a left and another right. His direction was aimlesss, only trying to escape this mad woman. He came around a corner to a long straight section he stopped beneath a grate. He had lost sight of Janessa. Thinking quickly, he turned human, picked a pebble and threw it farther down the tunnel before again turning to smoke and ascending up to street level. Hopefully, Janessa would the follow the sound of the pebble. The place he rose up to was an alleyway. He turned human and leaned against the light pole. The light when touched it. Maxs head hurt and he was tired. The frequent transformations were wearing him down.

Sky was lounging in a chair, tapping her foot impatiently. About every five minutes she was at the desk asking when she could go back and see him. Finally a nurse came out to fetch her and she breathed a sigh of relief. "So, he's awake then?" She asked, following anxiously behind the nurse, who nodded. When she got to the room, she suddenly froze outside the door. What was she supposed to say? It's not as if she actually knew the man behind this door. She'd just met him and saved him.

Taking a deep breath, she walked into the room and slowly approached the bed. "Hey..." She said softly.

~~~

Janessa was making sure to stay behind him, yet just out of his sight. Teleporting definitely helped. When he rose through the grate after trying to through her off his track, she was waiting for him. She stepped into the light, grin lighting her face. "How stupid do you think I am?" She asked, stepping closer to him. "Worn out? I'm not. I can do this all night." Closer still she moved. "Now, who are you?"

Thank the gods she was athletically fit, for the 'chase-ees' that Leona was after seemed to be moving through the underground at phenomenal speed, the sounds of the two she had seen near the grate were growing more and more distant as their powers gave them the upper hand in speed.

"Hey wait up, how do you run so fast?!" George shouted a little breathlessly as he trailed behind.

"Shhh!" Leona whispered, looking back and putting a finger up to her mouth. Skidding to a stop at a junction in the tunnels, she waited and listened for her next audio queue to continue her pursuit.

*CLACK* : the sound of a pebble hitting the wall in the tunnel. Good, she wasn't too far behind now. Turning the corner she ran straight past the grate the two had exited through, instead following the sound of the pebble by mistake.

Peter heard the door and opened his eyes. There she was, the pale, beautiful girl with the purple eyes. Slowly she approached. They didn't even know each and she seemed so hesitant.

"Hey," he replied. "Thank you for bringing me here."

He would of died out there if it wasn't for her. He wanted to look in her eyes, but kept his gaze averted. In his peripherals he marveled at her. She was captivating. The nurses busied themselves and for the most part the doctor stayed out of their way. Until he declared that he was going to fetch the toxicology report on his blood, then he left the room.

"I'm Peter. I never got your name," he said.

Her gaze was on the floor. It was obvious she didn't talk to people often. "It was the least I could do after you helped me..." She said, voice quiet. No one had ever been able to help her control the shadows before and yet he hadn't been tossed off for touching her like most others would have. Not only that, but afterwards she managed to actually control them and reign them in.

She waited quietly until the room had cleared a bit more before she finally decided to speak again. Sure she was already going to be on the morning news and she had caused quite the stir in the city, but the harder it was for her family to find her, the better.

"Sky. My name is Sky." She chimed, answering the question he had asked before he had passed out.

Janessa was making sure to stay behind him, yet just out of his sight. Teleporting definitely helped. When he rose through the grate after trying to through her off his track, she was waiting for him. She stepped into the light, grin lighting her face. "How stupid do you think I am?" She asked, stepping closer to him. "Worn out? I'm not. I can do this all night." Closer still she moved. "Now, who are you?"

Max jumped when Janessa suddenly emerged from the darkness. "Damn. Most heroes give up by now. And ya, I did think you were that stupid." Despite being nearly out of breath he kept up his act. He chuckled a little. "It might be the hair." He stopped leaning on the light pole, but kept one hand on it. "My name is Suki Mie-nas." He knew his remarks were probably going to get him killed. But he couldn't help it. Hopefully, she didn't catch on that 'Suki Mie-nas' meant 'Suck my ass'.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
A dark grin spread across her face as she grabbed him and slammed him into the wall of the alleyway. "You really must have a death wish." She chuckled. "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not a hero and that you just pissed me off. Maybe if you apologize nicely I'll let you leave." She said loosening her grip and staring at the sky in contemplation. It was obviously just an act though. It was clear she wasn't letting him go now that she had her hands on him. "Now, I'm going to ask you one more time. Who are you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.