The Golden Age (Superhero Roleplay OCC & Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush Almighty

I Will Kill Yuji Itadori Myself
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
28:21 to 25:30
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, Magic.
Intro

"The Golden Age, That's what the new generation of superheroes deem it. We just called it the 40's, The first boom of Superheroes(and Villains) appeared around that time. The boom was World wide but mostly in America, The cultural melting pot. The spike in superpowered individuals was sometime at the beginning of the world war 2. I remember hearing about the terrifying things that came to light once the fighting was over. The Nazi War Machines, Super Soldiers, Death Camps and other atrocities committed by the Axis forces. America its self isn't excluded from these atrocities sadly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, A means to a end. It was a different time back then, No cellphones, internet or video games the kids seem to love so much. It was a simple time even with men that could fly and rip metal apart like card board with there bare hands. Now I won't lie to you, At that point in time in America had it's social problems, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and more. Society wasn't so accepted back then, People were excepted to stay in there place. This was the Golden Age, The push that was needed to make a change."

CHARACTER SHEET

(Real or Realistic Art only.)

Name
(Full Name.)

Alias
(Superhero Name and nicknames.)

Race
(You may include Ethnicity as well.)

Sexuality

Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.)

Interest

Power(s)
(Limited to 3 and Include if your powers are Magical, Technological or Biological.)

Skills

Equipment

History
(At least 2 Paragraphs and Include how you obtain your powers.)

Other

City
716.jpg

Geld City is where this story will start from. This city is the most technologically advance city in America. Do not be surprised of seeing out of placed like AC, Colored TV and other such minor things like robots. Geld is a very affluent city shown throughout the city, With that said Geld of course has it's slums. The Slums can range to Poor, broke down and completely horrendous as if these people never left the depression. This city has many farms and small town on route to it. This city is located east coast of America and has it's own bay with boat from all around the world docked in it. Geld is located in NC, North Carolina.

Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk, Just at least try.
2. Decent grammar skills
3. No one-liners please or two,three or fours. All I ask is a paragraph if you're lazy.
4. You are limited to the number of character you can handle.
5. 5.Be prepared for topics such as Racism, Segregation, Sexism and Homophobia and other related topics of discrimination.
6. I am God GM and can add rules and change them as I please.
7. Have fun, We're Superheroes!

The Setting
07/01/1948 on a Wednesday​

HEROS
  • Veronica Fox, 30 yo. (Vixen) - Illusions, Superhuman Senses/Reflexes.
  • Earl Maxson, 17 yo. (Sonorous) - Sound Control.
  • Ivy Little, 28 yo. (Alley Cat) - Shadow Camouflage & Manipulation.
  • Harry Himura, 30 yo. (The Setting Sun) - Our Friendly Neighborhood Ninja Samurai Batman.
  • CarnelIan Douglass, 20 yo. (Black Flag) - Magic/Technology Abilities.
  • Emilie Sabra Jameson, 16 yo. (Tarot) - Cartokinesis, Cartomancy.
  • Witticism "Wit" Tenant (Gone Girl) - Luck, Ice generation/Temperature control, Intimidation.
  • Scott Stone "Lucas Well" (Aeros) - Flight, Enhance Reflexes.
VILLAIN
  • Adalberto Serpico, 29 yo. (Poison Prince) - Poison Body, Breath, Immunity.
  • Sadie Rosemary, 23 yo. (Fire Ice) - Fire Manipulation/Resistance, Telepath.
WILDCARDS/Antivillians/Antihero
  • Nathaniel Stone, 20 yo. (Siphon) - Power Absorption, Flight.
  • Thomas Frey, 24 yo. (The Chameleon) - Atom Control, Invisibility, Stealth.
  • Holly Mason, 20 yo. (The Silver Dragon) - Siren/Mermaid: Sonar Skills, Water Manipulation, Xenolinquist.
  • Elaine Michaelis, 22 yo. (Switchblade) - Energy Blast, Phasing, Technopathy.
  • Leone Kyvak, 32 yo. (Kot) - Aggression, Feline Adaptation & Skills.
  • Dashiell Vincent, 21 yo. (Silver Witch) - Telekinesis, Lucid Manipulation, Energy Burst.

Last edited:
BTW, I'm a bit unsure as to what to put regarding "Hero/Villain/Antihero/Antivillain" on Carnelian's sheet. From the perspective of a striking worker or civil rights protestor about to be beaten, she'd be a Hero, but from the perspective of most Truth, Justice, and the American Way types in Cold War America, she'd be an Antihero or even a Villain, on account of her radical politics and willingness to fight for oppressed people who are beyond the pale of sympathy for mainstream society (e.g. LGBTQ+). I also expect that she'll cause trouble for certain Upstanding Members of Society (such as the factory owner engaged in union-busting, the banker who uses Red-lining to keep black people out of nice neighborhoods, etc.). Advice? ;)

Last edited:
Oh yeah, question: Are we aiming for Realismtm​ here, or to capture the vibe of Golden Age superhero comics? For example, would people start noticing that Clark Kent is always nowhere to be found whenever Superman is around, and, hey, he'd look an awful lot like him without the glasses...?

BTW, I'm a bit unsure as to what to put regarding "Hero/Villain/Antihero/Antivillain" on Carnelian's sheet. From the perspective of a striking worker or civil rights protestor about to be beaten, she'd be a Hero, but from the perspective of most Truth, Justice, and the American Way types in Cold War America, she'd be an Antihero or even a Villain, on account of her radical politics and willingness to fight for oppressed people who are beyond the pale of sympathy for mainstream society (e.g. LGBTQ+). I also expect that she'll cause trouble for certain Upstanding Members of Society (such as the factory owner engaged in union-busting, the banker who uses Red-lining to keep black people out of nice neighborhoods, etc.). Advice? ;)
I think Antihero maybe?

I suppose the whole "Hero" idea is like um Lawful Good/Neutral Good alignment. Even Veronica doesn't fit it because she's Neutral Neutral mostly. I put her on "Hero" team because:
  • She's not exactly breaking any laws (Lawful)
  • She doesn't have any self-centered goals (Good)
Although when the time comes:
  • She may break laws (Chaotic)
  • She won't sacrifice herself (Evil)
But that's not she is most of the time. She seems more Lawful Good.

If I put it this way, it might change other characters too. I'm not sure.....

I think your character is inherently good, though her means may not always be good for everyone. So...antihero, maybe.
^^;

Actually, she would be considered an anti-villain. They are villains who have the best intentions but not the best means to do things. @Zarko Straadi

I had no idea such a term exists
*has been educated*
I stumbled across it a few years back. Basically Anti-heroes are heroes with selfish motives while anti-villains are villains who fight for noble causes... one contemporary example is Amon from Legend of Korra ( if you google it, one list has over 3,000 considered this.)

^^^^ I was confused when everyone was using the term 'anti-hero/villain, but I didn't want to look stupid and ask lol. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Boss Megu
^^^^ I was confused when everyone was using the term 'anti-hero/villain, but I didn't want to look stupid and ask lol. Thanks for clarifying.
You let me look stupid by myself! D:< loljk it's fine, you've loaned me some cutesies.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mysty
You let me look stupid by myself! D:< loljk it's fine, you've loaned me some cutesies.
I'm sorry. D: it was the price to pay for the dashies, cute isnt free ewe

I will add more later and probably make some edits. I'm in serious need of sleep right now and can't think well enough to write anything else that makes sense.

CHARACTER SHEET

(Real or Realistic Art only.)

Name
Carlos Echeverría

Alias
el Muchedumbre ('crowd', 'horde')
'The One Man Mob'

Race
Hispanic/Mexican-American

Sexuality
Asexual
Personality
Carlos could perhaps best be described as amoral. To call him self-serving would be a bit of a misnomer, as his own personal desires are rarely apparent, even to himself. Rather, he pursues whatever course of action allows him to amuse himself and make the most of his unsavory repertoire of skills. While he is hardly a cooperative person, Carlos is frequently dependent on others to provide him with a sense of purpose and direction. His seeming lack of an innate moral compass or personal drive leaves him somewhat vulnerable to being exploited, although having less concern for his own well-being than most people also makes him highly volatile and difficult to control. Left to his own devices, Carlos is usually subject to the whims of his erratically changing moods. His unstable temperament derives from the many wildly disjointed aspects of his personality, and depending on his state of mind at any given moment his demeanor can range from taciturn to garish or even pleasant and personable.

Interest
Distraction from his inner emptiness is Carlos' main motivation, so anything that occupies as much of his attention and energy as possible will appeal to him. Usually, he satisfies this need by placing himself under the thumb of a single person who can completely dominate and control his life. His relationship with this individual does not necessarily have to be a close one or even remotely amicable. What is important to Carlos is that someone keeps him busy enough to avoid feeling that he is living aimlessly and in isolation from a guiding presence that gives his existence meaning.

As far as what he does for leisure, Carlos enjoys movies and live shows. The flashier and louder the spectacle, the more he can get lost and become absorbed in the sights and sounds that take the place of his turbulent inner thoughts and concerns.

Power(s)
Self-imprinting bio field that reshapes matter into an exact, fully functioning replica of his physical form

Skills
Carlos is experienced as both a brawler and hired muscle. While not physically strong enough to be a serious threat on his own, being disposed to violence to such a high degree ensures he does not go down easy in a fight. Viciously opportunistic, he will use any advantage he can get to overpower or disable an opponent.

He is well-disciplined when it comes to following orders and delivering results to his superiors. Carlos can remain intensely focused on the task at hand and work doggedly until it is accomplished.

Carlos is fluent in Spanish.

Equipment

History
(At least 2 Paragraphs and Include how you obtain your powers.)

Other

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Oh yeah, question: Are we aiming for Realismtm​ here, or to capture the vibe of Golden Age superhero comics? For example, would people start noticing that Clark Kent is always nowhere to be found whenever Superman is around, and, hey, he'd look an awful lot like him without the glasses...?
I aiming for somewhere in the middle. If that didn't answer the question then explain it further.

Nooo poor Sadie! I have a feeling she's going to turn him into roasted human. XD
HAHAHAHA That would be fun! Serves him right for being such a naughty guy! XDD I think that Adalberto's going to "hire" her from time to time though, if she works like that. :3 Rich little mafia guy that he is.
I plan for us to start just doing our own thing. I want to focus on world building at the moment. We have so much we can work with.
That works for me. Just a question, Adalberto's prolly going to either start with creating trouble or doing something Mafia like by pretending he's an innocent by-stander. Would it be okay for him to start causing trouble in the first post? ...maybe I should wait a bit... :P But the party idea is cool. Like EVERYONE IS INVITED! JUST WEAR A COSTUME! wink-wink //shot
There could always be a Giant Radioactive Monster we all have to stop. ;)
There's a huge chance that Adalberto let that loose. :3
If he'll see through her bombshell image, he's a keeper! And she'll love that he smell suspiciously poisonous. HAHAHAHA
;) He prolly will after a meeting or two. He's oddly intuitive like that. Plus he loves he'll love her alias: 'Vixen' Rawr~ ;))
Veronica lives in an apartment that'd be too small for a party. If there'll be one, let Poison Prince host it. :D @Boss Megu
Adalberto might, since he's also looking for people his famiglia might be interested in. :3
That makes the two of us. HAHAHA /shot again

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Earl is so young, Surprised I had the only teen character.

@Auntie Phaz Are you still planning a character to post?

@Merlin:

I've kinda started pondering the idea of creating a teenage girl character (white, Good Familytm​; i.e., if Wally and the Beav had a sister, she'd be it) as someone who would fall for Earl. Naturally, her parents Would Not Approve. On the other hand, from reading his bio, it seems he finds romance among the adult women who come to his performances, so he might not be interested in high school girls. I'm not sure if he might be Carnelian's type, or if I ought to ready the Good Ship IvyNelian to set sail. ;) Your thoughts?

I've kinda started pondering the idea of creating a teenage girl character (white, Good Familytm​; i.e., if Wally and the Beav had a sister, she'd be it) as someone who would fall for Earl. Naturally, her parents Would Not Approve. On the other hand, from reading his bio, it seems he finds romance among the adult women who come to his performances, so he might not be interested in high school girls. I'm not sure if he might be Carnelian's type, or if I ought to ready the Good Ship IvyNelian to set sail. ;) Your thoughts?
Damn, I wanted soooo hard to dibs Earl but Veronica's too old! XD
Or is she? ;D
I'll dibs Poison guy.

HAHAHAHA Dibsing on the poison guy!
Adalberto: "It's POISON PRINCE! PRINCE! NOT GUY, it's POISON PRINCE! P-R-I-N-C-E."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: DarkestMorning
Okay, poisonous dude. I dibs.

But he won't be allowed to touch Dashy.

@Boss Megu Go ahead.

@Merlin:

I say it would be interesting but not sure it would go anywhere...let see. It will be good IC interaction.

Damn, I wanted soooo hard to dibs Earl but Veronica's too old! XD
Or is she? ;D
I'll dibs Poison guy.

HAHA! I was thinking Holly for Earl, cause she'll possibly be asking for his help a time or two when dealing with her fluctuating sonar skills. But, it only depends on what happens in the RP. I rarely ship anyone, cause it always changes in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.