The Golden Age (Superhero Roleplay OCC & Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush Almighty

I Will Kill Yuji Itadori Myself
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
28:21 to 25:30
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, Magic.
Intro

"The Golden Age, That's what the new generation of superheroes deem it. We just called it the 40's, The first boom of Superheroes(and Villains) appeared around that time. The boom was World wide but mostly in America, The cultural melting pot. The spike in superpowered individuals was sometime at the beginning of the world war 2. I remember hearing about the terrifying things that came to light once the fighting was over. The Nazi War Machines, Super Soldiers, Death Camps and other atrocities committed by the Axis forces. America its self isn't excluded from these atrocities sadly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, A means to a end. It was a different time back then, No cellphones, internet or video games the kids seem to love so much. It was a simple time even with men that could fly and rip metal apart like card board with there bare hands. Now I won't lie to you, At that point in time in America had it's social problems, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and more. Society wasn't so accepted back then, People were excepted to stay in there place. This was the Golden Age, The push that was needed to make a change."

CHARACTER SHEET

(Real or Realistic Art only.)

Name
(Full Name.)

Alias
(Superhero Name and nicknames.)

Race
(You may include Ethnicity as well.)

Sexuality

Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.)

Interest

Power(s)
(Limited to 3 and Include if your powers are Magical, Technological or Biological.)

Skills

Equipment

History
(At least 2 Paragraphs and Include how you obtain your powers.)

Other

City
716.jpg

Geld City is where this story will start from. This city is the most technologically advance city in America. Do not be surprised of seeing out of placed like AC, Colored TV and other such minor things like robots. Geld is a very affluent city shown throughout the city, With that said Geld of course has it's slums. The Slums can range to Poor, broke down and completely horrendous as if these people never left the depression. This city has many farms and small town on route to it. This city is located east coast of America and has it's own bay with boat from all around the world docked in it. Geld is located in NC, North Carolina.

Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk, Just at least try.
2. Decent grammar skills
3. No one-liners please or two,three or fours. All I ask is a paragraph if you're lazy.
4. You are limited to the number of character you can handle.
5. 5.Be prepared for topics such as Racism, Segregation, Sexism and Homophobia and other related topics of discrimination.
6. I am God GM and can add rules and change them as I please.
7. Have fun, We're Superheroes!

The Setting
07/01/1948 on a Wednesday​

HEROS
  • Veronica Fox, 30 yo. (Vixen) - Illusions, Superhuman Senses/Reflexes.
  • Earl Maxson, 17 yo. (Sonorous) - Sound Control.
  • Ivy Little, 28 yo. (Alley Cat) - Shadow Camouflage & Manipulation.
  • Harry Himura, 30 yo. (The Setting Sun) - Our Friendly Neighborhood Ninja Samurai Batman.
  • CarnelIan Douglass, 20 yo. (Black Flag) - Magic/Technology Abilities.
  • Emilie Sabra Jameson, 16 yo. (Tarot) - Cartokinesis, Cartomancy.
  • Witticism "Wit" Tenant (Gone Girl) - Luck, Ice generation/Temperature control, Intimidation.
  • Scott Stone "Lucas Well" (Aeros) - Flight, Enhance Reflexes.
VILLAIN
  • Adalberto Serpico, 29 yo. (Poison Prince) - Poison Body, Breath, Immunity.
  • Sadie Rosemary, 23 yo. (Fire Ice) - Fire Manipulation/Resistance, Telepath.
WILDCARDS/Antivillians/Antihero
  • Nathaniel Stone, 20 yo. (Siphon) - Power Absorption, Flight.
  • Thomas Frey, 24 yo. (The Chameleon) - Atom Control, Invisibility, Stealth.
  • Holly Mason, 20 yo. (The Silver Dragon) - Siren/Mermaid: Sonar Skills, Water Manipulation, Xenolinquist.
  • Elaine Michaelis, 22 yo. (Switchblade) - Energy Blast, Phasing, Technopathy.
  • Leone Kyvak, 32 yo. (Kot) - Aggression, Feline Adaptation & Skills.
  • Dashiell Vincent, 21 yo. (Silver Witch) - Telekinesis, Lucid Manipulation, Energy Burst.

Last edited:
Hero:
84d6f8bc86ef4a8d4e0c001927bf8cc9.jpg

41de1fef0ca8bb409cb0815df1742b8b.jpg

Name

Emilie Sabra Jameson

Alias
Tarot

Race
Caucasian

Sexuality
Straight

Personality
Emilie is sweet and caring. Until very recently, she has always been obedient, inclined to follow the rules. Becoming a superhero is her first major act of disobedience. She is curious, open-minded, artistic and creative. She is modest and shy, and has a difficult time taking the initiative or filling a leadership role. She's lived a very sheltered life, and has never had to fight or confront the criminal element.

Interest
Sewing, arts and crafts, the Tarot (recently acquired interest), romance, fashion and costume design.

Power(s)
Cartokinesis: she can control deck cards (i.e., Tarot cards and playing cards). She can animate them, make them fly through the air, stack and shuffle, etc., and deliver shallow cuts with their edges. When cards are under her control, they are more durable than normal (but not indestructible) and can be more rigid if desired. If a card is damaged (especially the image on the card), such as a partial tear, it becomes less controllable and erratic. If the card is defaced, torn in half, etc., it becomes inert. Tarot cards offer easier and more nuanced control.

Cartomancy (requires about an hour of undisturbed time to focus and lay out a reading): Her Tarot readings (using the deck that gives her her powers) work. Readings do require interpretation, so she is not infallible.

Both of her powers are Magical.

Skills
Emilie is very good at sewing and fashion/costume design. She is fast and dexterous on roller skates.

Equipment
Enchanted medieval Tarot deck, and as many decks of cards as she can lay her hands on (currently, she has 10 additional Tarot decks).

At home: sewing machine, sewing table, a selection of fabrics, ribbon, thread, etc., scissors and sewing tools, craft supplies.

History
Emilie was born and raised in Geld. Her father is a well-to-do real estate agent, and her mother is a housewife and upper middle-class socialite. She has two older brothers who are very protective of her. Her life until recently has been very sheltered, idyllic, and almost aggressively non-eventful. Though she loves her family and believes in their values, a part of her always wanted something more. She was able to bring a little vicarious excitement into her life by offering her services as a freelance costume designer for superheroes, with her parents' reluctant agreement. She has designed and made costumes for a few minor supers and sidekicks so far, but hasn't yet attracted the attention of any of the prominent heroes.

Four months ago, she was out riding her bicycle, and came across a strange and mysterious curio shop. It was the sort of place her family would quicken their pace to bypass; arcane and a little creepy. Emilie hesitated, but eventually decided it couldn't hurt to have a look. Exploring the shop, she found its occult menagerie fascinating, nothing really called out to her, until she shop's eccentric proprietor noticed her, and showed her an eerie medieval Tarot deck. It was love at first sight. She examined all of the cards, and let the old lady show her how to do readings, even though she was sure she could never afford the antique deck in a million years.

Emilie checked her watch and realized she was going to be late getting home. Almost as an act of desperation, she worked up the courage to ask the old woman how much the deck cost. "The cards are yours, dear. They always were. Keep them safe, and use them wisely," the proprietor said. She refused Emilie's offer of payment, and Emilie did not have time to try to persuade her. Emilie said her thank you's and left. She received a rare scolding at home, but hid the deck from her family, doing readings and examining the cards in secret.

A few days later during a family Bridge game, Emilie fumbled a shuffle, and cards went flying. By reflex, Emilie tried to reach for them, only managing to drop the rest of the deck. Instead of falling though, the cards froze in the air. Everyone stared in shock as they turned, ordered themselves, and flew into a neat stack in front of Emilie. Experimentally, Emilie tried to move the cards without touching them, and sure enough, they floated up and fluttered around at her will. Her parents panicked, and ordered her to stop this instant.

Emilie obeyed, but tried to persuade them to let her develop her new power. Perhaps she could figure out how to use it to help people. Her parents adamantly refused. "Going around in public dressed like a circus performer, getting in fights with criminals is no life for any decent young lady! How would you expect to find a good husband?!" "What use would silly card tricks be against a villain anyway?" They demanded to know how she could have acquired her "gift." Emilie knuckled under and told them about the cards she'd been given. They wanted to burn the cards, but Emilie persuaded them that it would be better to take them back. If the cards were the source of her gift, attempting to destroy them might have unpredictable results, and might not remove her gift as desired. By giving them back to the old woman on friendly terms, she could make sure there wouldn't be unintended consequences.

Both of her parents were busy the next day. Since Emilie had always been a properly obedient girl, they trusted her to return the cards on her own. However, when she went back, the curio shop was not there. It was as if the place had never existed. With an extreme inner struggle, Emilie hid the Tarot deck and...lied to her parents. Over the weeks that followed, Emilie started making herself a costume on the sly, whenever Mother and Father were both out, and her brothers were with friends or on dates. She also acquired a few more decks of Tarot cards from an occult shop on "the wrong side of the tracks." When she could, she experimented with her power, and with using her Tarot deck for readings.

Other

Last edited:
;) Mommy Veronica is there to remind him that he's still can get attracted by women but Daddy Adalberto just going to enter the room as spazz like and say that both sides are wonderful and there are many fishes on both sides for him to try. hahahahaha /shot

That is a really creepy dwarf...or is that a leprechaun?

Fat Amy is awesome. /nods
the perks of being bisexual. BD

it's a gnome. I think. xD

she's my spirit animal.

Reactions: Boss Megu
Wish I got the joke. All I know is pilate order the crucifixion of J.C.

Washed his hands of it.

In one way or another, Veronica may know about your characters. If there's something that she should/shouldn't know, please let me know.

Haha! PIILATIES!

Damn... that just hapened!

Okay, Guys, I should have the IC up Sunday because I'll get off earlier than usual from work. It will hopefully pop up after 9pm as long as no BS comes my way. Sorry for such a long wait, I know you guys are excited. I didn't expect so many people to show interest. I feared it would be like the first time I attempted this and only 3 people would care. I thank you guys for your patience.

BTW, anyone who wants to have their character engage Emilie's services as a costume designer/maker in-game is welcome to do so. She places a modest classified ad in the paper (or papers, if there are, say, two main papers in Geld), and may also put up a few handbills if there are any known superhero hangouts. She would only advertise in the Superhero Cafe, not the Villain Pub, since she only wants to work for heroes. ;)

Wait, if Adalberto can turn his bodily fluids into acid and stuff, can he be like that alien dog in Planet 51?

aabe2a38425fccd616bea5d82787c7e7.jpg

I stopped getting alerts for this. But I'm super excited about the IC! :D

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
...basically, I was going to say that even his pee and semen can be turned into poison...but that's NOT what I quite had in mind. e,e;;;;;;;;

He's a PRINCE...not a dog....nor an alien.... But that aside, that's an amusing thought! XD b

And I am an eight year old child at heart and that was what just came to mind.

Reactions: Boss Megu
so wait... would Adalberto need like, an indestructible condom? I mean doing the nasty with a bad guy is "oh shit" enough, and if he can burn you from the inside out? Oooohhh geeeez.

/quietly crosses legs

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Status
Not open for further replies.