The Golden Age (Superhero Roleplay OCC & Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush Almighty

I Will Kill Yuji Itadori Myself
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
28:21 to 25:30
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, Magic.
Intro

"The Golden Age, That's what the new generation of superheroes deem it. We just called it the 40's, The first boom of Superheroes(and Villains) appeared around that time. The boom was World wide but mostly in America, The cultural melting pot. The spike in superpowered individuals was sometime at the beginning of the world war 2. I remember hearing about the terrifying things that came to light once the fighting was over. The Nazi War Machines, Super Soldiers, Death Camps and other atrocities committed by the Axis forces. America its self isn't excluded from these atrocities sadly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, A means to a end. It was a different time back then, No cellphones, internet or video games the kids seem to love so much. It was a simple time even with men that could fly and rip metal apart like card board with there bare hands. Now I won't lie to you, At that point in time in America had it's social problems, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and more. Society wasn't so accepted back then, People were excepted to stay in there place. This was the Golden Age, The push that was needed to make a change."

CHARACTER SHEET

(Real or Realistic Art only.)

Name
(Full Name.)

Alias
(Superhero Name and nicknames.)

Race
(You may include Ethnicity as well.)

Sexuality

Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.)

Interest

Power(s)
(Limited to 3 and Include if your powers are Magical, Technological or Biological.)

Skills

Equipment

History
(At least 2 Paragraphs and Include how you obtain your powers.)

Other

City
716.jpg

Geld City is where this story will start from. This city is the most technologically advance city in America. Do not be surprised of seeing out of placed like AC, Colored TV and other such minor things like robots. Geld is a very affluent city shown throughout the city, With that said Geld of course has it's slums. The Slums can range to Poor, broke down and completely horrendous as if these people never left the depression. This city has many farms and small town on route to it. This city is located east coast of America and has it's own bay with boat from all around the world docked in it. Geld is located in NC, North Carolina.

Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk, Just at least try.
2. Decent grammar skills
3. No one-liners please or two,three or fours. All I ask is a paragraph if you're lazy.
4. You are limited to the number of character you can handle.
5. 5.Be prepared for topics such as Racism, Segregation, Sexism and Homophobia and other related topics of discrimination.
6. I am God GM and can add rules and change them as I please.
7. Have fun, We're Superheroes!

The Setting
07/01/1948 on a Wednesday​

HEROS
  • Veronica Fox, 30 yo. (Vixen) - Illusions, Superhuman Senses/Reflexes.
  • Earl Maxson, 17 yo. (Sonorous) - Sound Control.
  • Ivy Little, 28 yo. (Alley Cat) - Shadow Camouflage & Manipulation.
  • Harry Himura, 30 yo. (The Setting Sun) - Our Friendly Neighborhood Ninja Samurai Batman.
  • CarnelIan Douglass, 20 yo. (Black Flag) - Magic/Technology Abilities.
  • Emilie Sabra Jameson, 16 yo. (Tarot) - Cartokinesis, Cartomancy.
  • Witticism "Wit" Tenant (Gone Girl) - Luck, Ice generation/Temperature control, Intimidation.
  • Scott Stone "Lucas Well" (Aeros) - Flight, Enhance Reflexes.
VILLAIN
  • Adalberto Serpico, 29 yo. (Poison Prince) - Poison Body, Breath, Immunity.
  • Sadie Rosemary, 23 yo. (Fire Ice) - Fire Manipulation/Resistance, Telepath.
WILDCARDS/Antivillians/Antihero
  • Nathaniel Stone, 20 yo. (Siphon) - Power Absorption, Flight.
  • Thomas Frey, 24 yo. (The Chameleon) - Atom Control, Invisibility, Stealth.
  • Holly Mason, 20 yo. (The Silver Dragon) - Siren/Mermaid: Sonar Skills, Water Manipulation, Xenolinquist.
  • Elaine Michaelis, 22 yo. (Switchblade) - Energy Blast, Phasing, Technopathy.
  • Leone Kyvak, 32 yo. (Kot) - Aggression, Feline Adaptation & Skills.
  • Dashiell Vincent, 21 yo. (Silver Witch) - Telekinesis, Lucid Manipulation, Energy Burst.

Last edited:
@AshenAngel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Banana-senpai @Mundane Monster @Zarko Straadi @Michale CS @Mysty @Ringmaster

We have officially skipped 3 months into the future so let's get this roleplay started again. If anything interesting or worth mentioning happen to your character please make that apparent.
Do you have any headlines and other events in mind to add to the current situation? Like, you may want to include how Geld is affected by the deaths of Setting Sun and Serpico. We'll have to pick up from your cues on this.

Is there an IC link I missed somewhere and if I did, could I have it please?
OPEN SIGNUPS - The Golden Age (IC Superhero Roleplay) Welcome in~

@Zarko Straadi, @Mysty did your characters see Veronica?
@LuckycoolHawk9 you'll have to brief me again if Veronica is still involved with the brothers after 3 months. They're supposed to have met by then. Right?

• Thank You
Reactions: Ringmaster
@Merlin, how successful were the heroes in stopping Slippy? Are we living in an anarchist civilization, or did our characters stop him in time? How many deaths were there in the riots? Is there any anti-hero sentiment left over from the riots?

@Zarko Straadi, perhaps we can have it so that Leone and Carnelian worked together to survive the riot?

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Reactions: Cush Almighty
  • Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
I don't exactly see how my character could be invited. He has zero connections with your characters.

@AshenAngel They are a part of the richest families n the city...their parents would invite the whole city...because they can.

I can probably work a detail to invite others .. I just need time to think of a better idea.

@AshenAngel They are a part of the richest families n the city...their parents would invite the whole city...because they can.
Hmm...Well Ivy's connection could be that the family hired Katie Kit to perform for them and Ivy had to come because she's the actual talent. Not sure about Wesley though.

CHARACTER SHEET

lit_man.jpg

Name
Christian Star Alias: Aidan Star

Alias
Cerin/ Construct

Race
English/ French

Sexuality
Bi-Sexual
Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.) Christian was once a hopeful man who believed in superheroes. He was once cheery and constantly looking forward to life, but that has changed. He had turned into a bitter older man, stuck in a younger man's body. He is very frequently gloomy and constantly points out the negative things. He also can have a cheery persona, but it is all an act. He has rage that he hides to seem normal, but he is a powder. Despite being bi-sexual, he resents gays and African Americans and anyone in love. He is a serial romance killer, constantly breaking hearts.

Interest
Writing

Reading

Classical music

Shooting

Plays

Power(s)
(Limited to 3 and Include if your powers are Magical, Technological or Biological.)

Regeneration ( Biological) : If he is killed, his body can regenerate to a point that is up to 20 years younger than his actual age. Full-scale regeneration can be used once a year, but his body does minor regenerations for wounds.

Construct ( Magical): Anything within reason that Christian writes comes to life. This has its limits. He cannot create living organisms out of his writing, but he can invoke emotions, make weapons and also use it to reconstruct memories of his past.

Skills
Singing

Poetry/ writing

Master of hand to hand to combat

Knows how to wield a gun

Equipment
An old fashioned typewriter that he carries around.

A black hat.

A rifle from the French Revolution.

History
Christian Star was born 40 years ago to a rather poor family. They could not financially support the new child and sent to the orphanage for nine years. At the orphanage at age 9, he was picked for a secret experiment to see if they could regenerate humans to make them indestructuible. It seemed like they failed and left the young child behind, not realizing that it would take years for it to fully work. He lived on his own for the next twenty or so years.

About twenty years later, he was in Paris and fell in love with a woman who sold herself. He was of course, shot and murdered by her jealous other lover. At this point, his regeneration kicked in and he was brought back,albeit ten years younger than his past self. Angered that his love had another lover and that he was murdered, he killed her and the jealous lover. He relished in their death and stole a book from the man. It was a book to create constructs through himself. He used magic to enchant his words to always come to life and it worked.

Having a little taste of power, he quickly came to Geld City where he made a steak as Cerin, the supervillain who made things come to life and Construct, the hero who gave the city hope. By doing that, he played both ends against the middle and nearly succeeded... except for a certain hero, Aeros. He was taken down by this superhero and was murdered by him. However, unknown to everyone, Cerin could regenerate and he came back, ten years younger. He plans to take revenge on Aeros and anyone who gets in his way.

Other

He smokes tobacco.

He is rich, due to the success of one of his many ' sci-fi fiction' novels.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
Do you have any headlines and other events in mind to add to the current situation? Like, you may want to include how Geld is affected by the deaths of Setting Sun and Serpico. We'll have to pick up from your cues on this.

I was going to go with they never were but we could say Serpico and Sun met their ends in a fight to the death between Serpico and his men. Sun successfully stabs him in the chest but not before spitting into Sun's open wound nudging him closer to death. It's a slow death for the battered Sun.

@Merlin, how successful were the heroes in stopping Slippy? Are we living in an anarchist civilization, or did our characters stop him in time? How many deaths were there in the riots? Is there any anti-hero sentiment left over from the riots?

@Zarko Straadi, perhaps we can have it so that Leone and Carnelian worked together to survive the riot?

I say Slippy's plan feel apart and the heroes were successful in ending the riots. Slippy was able to escape when he notice how bad things were going. The death toll was 150-200 and your question about how people feel about heroes depends on the person. For the most part, It's the same as it always been.
@Banana-senpai Yeah, the brothers met now, Veronica can be invited to their Halloween party. :)

@AshenAngel @Merlin @Mundane Monster @Zarko Straadi @Michale CS @Mysty @Ringmaster I was thinking of throwing a party at the Stone house for Halloween. Any of you want to come? ( That's cool right, @Merlin?)

Sure if it makes sense for the characters to be there. I could have Slippy stop by and try to rob the guess with some goons.

@AshenAngel They are a part of the richest
families n the city...their parents would invite the whole city...because they can.

I don't think everyone could attain sadly.
CHARACTER SHEET

lit_man.jpg

Name
Christian Star Alias: Aidan Star

Alias
Cerin/ Construct

Race
English/ French

Sexuality
Bi-Sexual
Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.) Christian was once a hopeful man who believed in superheroes. He was once cheery and constantly looking forward to life, but that has changed. He had turned into a bitter older man, stuck in a younger man's body. He is very frequently gloomy and constantly points out the negative things. He also can have a cheery persona, but it is all an act. He has rage that he hides to seem normal, but he is a powder. Despite being bi-sexual, he resents gays and African Americans and anyone in love. He is a serial romance killer, constantly breaking hearts.

Interest
Writing

Reading

Classical music

Shooting

Plays

Power(s)

Regeneration ( Biological) : If he is killed, his body can regenerate to a point that is up to 20 years younger than his actual age. Full-scale regeneration can be used once a year, but his body does minor regenerations for wounds.

Construct ( Magical): Anything within reason that Christian writes comes to life. This has its limits. He cannot create living organisms out of his writing, but he can invoke emotions, make weapons and also use it to reconstruct memories of his past.

Skills
Singing

Poetry/ writing

Master of hand to hand to combat

Knows how to wield a gun

Equipment
An old fashioned typewriter that he carries around.

A black hat.

A rifle from the French Revolution.

History
Christian Star was born 40 years ago to a rather poor family. They could not financially support the new child and sent to the orphanage for nine years. At the orphanage at age 9, he was picked for a secret experiment to see if they could regenerate humans to make them indestructuible. It seemed like they failed and left the young child behind, not realizing that it would take years for it to fully work. He lived on his own for the next twenty or so years.

About twenty years later, he was in Paris and fell in love with a woman who sold herself. He was of course, shot and murdered by her jealous other lover. At this point, his regeneration kicked in and he was brought back,albeit ten years younger than his past self. Angered that his love had another lover and that he was murdered, he killed her and the jealous lover. He relished in their death and stole a book from the man. It was a book to create constructs through himself. He used magic to enchant his words to always come to life and it worked.

Having a little taste of power, he quickly came to Geld City where he made a steak as Cerin, the supervillain who made things come to life and Construct, the hero who gave the city hope. By doing that, he played both ends against the middle and nearly succeeded... except for a certain hero, Aeros. He was taken down by this superhero and was murdered by him. However, unknown to everyone, Cerin could regenerate and he came back, ten years younger. He plans to take revenge on Aeros and anyone who gets in his way.

Other

He smokes tobacco.

He is rich, due to the success of one of his many ' sci-fi fiction' novels.

Accepted.

I was going to go with they never were but we could say Serpico and Sun met their ends in a fight to the death between Serpico and his men. Sun successfully stabs him in the chest but not before spitting into Sun's open wound nudging him closer to death. It's a slow death for the battered Sun.
Knowing these two are high profile individuals, there'd be some lasting talks on that, won't there? People would discover Harry Himura's identity.

I say Slippy's plan feel apart and the heroes were successful in ending the riots. Slippy was able to escape when he notice how bad things were going. The death toll was 150-200 and your question about how people feel about heroes depends on the person. For the most part, It's the same as it always been.
That's a huge death toll. There would really be lasting talks about it.

Knowing these two are high profile individuals, there'd be some lasting talks on that, won't there? People would discover Harry Himura's identity.

That's a huge death toll. There would really be lasting talks about it.
Yeah, They would but then that begs the question what happen's to his business in Geld?

This event would go down in Geld's history and maybe make the law crack down even harder. I think they would focus on the slums since that were the riot originated from.

Yeah, They would but then that begs the question what happen's to his business in Geld?

This event would go down in Geld's history and maybe make the law crack down even harder. I think they would focus on the slums since that were the riot originated from.
So, Geld is very different from what it was.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it make more sense if the people invited to the party were just the super rich and or famous not everybody? Or it could also be a secret party to shift the powers and get people to support some crazy radical as the next mayor of geld?

Status
Not open for further replies.