The Golden Age (Superhero Roleplay OCC & Sign Ups)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush Almighty

I Will Kill Yuji Itadori Myself
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
28:21 to 25:30
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, Magic.
Intro

"The Golden Age, That's what the new generation of superheroes deem it. We just called it the 40's, The first boom of Superheroes(and Villains) appeared around that time. The boom was World wide but mostly in America, The cultural melting pot. The spike in superpowered individuals was sometime at the beginning of the world war 2. I remember hearing about the terrifying things that came to light once the fighting was over. The Nazi War Machines, Super Soldiers, Death Camps and other atrocities committed by the Axis forces. America its self isn't excluded from these atrocities sadly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, A means to a end. It was a different time back then, No cellphones, internet or video games the kids seem to love so much. It was a simple time even with men that could fly and rip metal apart like card board with there bare hands. Now I won't lie to you, At that point in time in America had it's social problems, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and more. Society wasn't so accepted back then, People were excepted to stay in there place. This was the Golden Age, The push that was needed to make a change."

CHARACTER SHEET

(Real or Realistic Art only.)

Name
(Full Name.)

Alias
(Superhero Name and nicknames.)

Race
(You may include Ethnicity as well.)

Sexuality

Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.)

Interest

Power(s)
(Limited to 3 and Include if your powers are Magical, Technological or Biological.)

Skills

Equipment

History
(At least 2 Paragraphs and Include how you obtain your powers.)

Other

City
716.jpg

Geld City is where this story will start from. This city is the most technologically advance city in America. Do not be surprised of seeing out of placed like AC, Colored TV and other such minor things like robots. Geld is a very affluent city shown throughout the city, With that said Geld of course has it's slums. The Slums can range to Poor, broke down and completely horrendous as if these people never left the depression. This city has many farms and small town on route to it. This city is located east coast of America and has it's own bay with boat from all around the world docked in it. Geld is located in NC, North Carolina.

Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk, Just at least try.
2. Decent grammar skills
3. No one-liners please or two,three or fours. All I ask is a paragraph if you're lazy.
4. You are limited to the number of character you can handle.
5. 5.Be prepared for topics such as Racism, Segregation, Sexism and Homophobia and other related topics of discrimination.
6. I am God GM and can add rules and change them as I please.
7. Have fun, We're Superheroes!

The Setting
07/01/1948 on a Wednesday​

HEROS
  • Veronica Fox, 30 yo. (Vixen) - Illusions, Superhuman Senses/Reflexes.
  • Earl Maxson, 17 yo. (Sonorous) - Sound Control.
  • Ivy Little, 28 yo. (Alley Cat) - Shadow Camouflage & Manipulation.
  • Harry Himura, 30 yo. (The Setting Sun) - Our Friendly Neighborhood Ninja Samurai Batman.
  • CarnelIan Douglass, 20 yo. (Black Flag) - Magic/Technology Abilities.
  • Emilie Sabra Jameson, 16 yo. (Tarot) - Cartokinesis, Cartomancy.
  • Witticism "Wit" Tenant (Gone Girl) - Luck, Ice generation/Temperature control, Intimidation.
  • Scott Stone "Lucas Well" (Aeros) - Flight, Enhance Reflexes.
VILLAIN
  • Adalberto Serpico, 29 yo. (Poison Prince) - Poison Body, Breath, Immunity.
  • Sadie Rosemary, 23 yo. (Fire Ice) - Fire Manipulation/Resistance, Telepath.
WILDCARDS/Antivillians/Antihero
  • Nathaniel Stone, 20 yo. (Siphon) - Power Absorption, Flight.
  • Thomas Frey, 24 yo. (The Chameleon) - Atom Control, Invisibility, Stealth.
  • Holly Mason, 20 yo. (The Silver Dragon) - Siren/Mermaid: Sonar Skills, Water Manipulation, Xenolinquist.
  • Elaine Michaelis, 22 yo. (Switchblade) - Energy Blast, Phasing, Technopathy.
  • Leone Kyvak, 32 yo. (Kot) - Aggression, Feline Adaptation & Skills.
  • Dashiell Vincent, 21 yo. (Silver Witch) - Telekinesis, Lucid Manipulation, Energy Burst.

Last edited:
We can work around certain things like replacing characters with NPC's.
I guess that works for Dashiell, Emilie, Sonorous and Alley Cat with their very brief interaction with Adalberto. But for Kot, I'm not so sure. I'm just putting it out there because Adalberto was pretty relevant for a moment and gone the next but I'll assist with whatever needed to clean the character off the plot completely.
Would you be getting rid of Veronica Fox or be using two characters? I like Vixen are I would hate to see her go.
I thought about it, butI like Veronica Fox too. I'll make a different character for a villain, an evil villain. A chaotic evil villain! And we can all go against this villain! Nyahaha!

Reactions: Michale CS
What you can handle m8. Try not to have a power that are similar to a active character.

tumblr_m8f8dkNzHC1r92slwo1_r1_1280.png

Name

Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen.

Alias

"The Horseman."

"Albert Manfred."

56 years old. Looks to be 26.

Male

Race

German

Sexuality

Hereto

Personality

I remember when Germany was something to be proud of. Born of kings and emperors, with iron in their blood and iron in their will. But the centuries pass and while the landmarks remain much the same- what is time to a mountain or a lake after all? People will out... And there will be those who rise to fight for power, wealth and prestige. This was not the Germany I fought for, died for. I did not fight and risk my life for the madness that was the Swastika flag that soon plagued all of Europe and then the world. I could no longer rest and so once more, I took to the skies. I became a wraith, a ghost of wars long past. I did what I could to make a difference- I hope so. But I will forever see the skies choked with smoke, not of war which is right and well but of horrors beyond those which made me. Perhaps it was inevitable that Germany would come to this point.

Perhaps it had always been building up to that ending.

When you have time to spend and to play duck and drake in, you tend to think overly about these things. Which now brings me to this point...Why am I here? America is not welcoming to Germans, considering the years. Has it really been only two since the suicide of Goring? It seems longer...Or maybe my eyes deceive me more. No matter. They say you can be anything in America, do anything now.

All I wish to do, is forget.

Perhaps then I can find a measure of peace.

Interest

Engineering : As Albert Manfred, he's known to be a wonderful mechanic. He works as a garage mechanic and repairs vehicles by day. By night and in his free time, he studies the principles behind many of the advanced wonders of the city as a hobby.

Boxing: Fisticuffs are a wonderful source of fun and a way to let off steam. Whether attending them as a guest or entering the ring himself, its one of his more common interests.

Agatha Christie: One of his favorite authors of all time. His apartment has a shelf dedicated to her novels alone.

Power(s)

Immortality: In 1918, the man known as the Red Baron did indeed die. In the same year, two months after the funeral and being put on ice, he was brought back by the works of a German scientist named Victor, whose journal ended in the hands of the German government. Dazed and confused, he overcame the guards and didn't seem to be effected by their weapons at all as he vanished into the wilderness. IIRC, he's basically a Highlander Immortal. The only way to kill him is decapitation. This is a magical power.

The Quickening: Direct contact with electricity makes him stronger, more durable and faster in reaction time and speed. Enough to become truly superhuman should he drain enough into him. Once the power runs out or he becomes separate, he returns to nominal levels. This is a magical power.

The Baron's Steed: Something happened during that time. Suspended between life and death, becoming something more. An ideal beyond anything else which brings his final power. His Steed. What it is, he's spent a long time wondering and trying to discover. But all he knows is this. When he summons it, it comes immediately and according to his needs. Sometimes its a Red Motorcycle. Other times, it looks like his old plane. Whatever it is, the Steed seems semi-sentient and when he rides it, it feels less like he's driving and more like an extension of his body. Heightening his terrifyingly excellent pilot skills in WWII for example. This is a magical power.

Skills

Ace Pilot: In life, this was his crowning skill and time had only honed it to a fine edge. This extends to whatever form the Steed becomes, but mostly is concentrated in flight.

Wartime Experience: From WWI to WWII, the Baron has known war like some men know their wives. He's retained those skills and experience learned, using it in his fight against crime.

Gymnastics: Besides boxing, he uses gymnastics to keep in shape and holds a fondness for it, due to old memories of him excelling in it back in his youth.

Equipment

The Steed, a black trench coat and fedora and an WWI pilot scarf which he wraps around his mouth and nose to avoid people from identifying him. A boot knife and a pistol.

History

The Horseman is a man-made immortal, who in life was once known as Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen. AKA 'The Red Baron.' After his death, the German War Ministry decided to experiment on his corpse, attempting to bring him to life using the weird science of Dr. Victor. It worked all too well and rampaging, Manfred broke loose and was soon lost in Germany. As he came to terms with his new self and the fact he was dead, he resigned himself to learning to live with it and wandered Germany, taking in the land he had long fought for as well as learning to use his powers.

When the Nazi party made their move, he was horrified at what his country had become and began to quietly pass himself off as 'Albert Manfred' in order to help Jews and other undesirables to escape. Around this point, he learned of his immortality as he was caught and executed via firing squad. Vowing to fight his own way, he began a one-man guerrilla spree, at which point he discovered his ability to summon the Steed. From there, German pilots would tell ghost stories of a red, WWI-style bi-plane with the speed of modern aircraft and a devil of a pilot who shot them down.

When the war finished, he came to America to try to build a new life and forget. But nations change, people don't. The war was still here, even in this great city.

And if there was anything the old pilot knew, it was the fact he couldn't just sit on his laurels and let it happen.

And so the Horseman rides the streets, preventing injustice wherever he sees it.

In whatever form it takes.

• Love
I know I'm outvoted already, but I don't like the idea of a reboot. I would like to just do the time-skip to the start of the riot. New characters could be introduced then. At some point, probably after the riot, there could be a newspaper headline saying, "NOTORIOUS SAMURAI EXECUTIONER AND SUSPECTED MOB BOSS FOUND DEAD" (basically, Setting Sun and Adalberto kill each other in a Big Fight Scene that takes place "off-screen" while Kot is somewhere else). If Gone Girl is going to end up...well, gone, she could either die in the riot, or be found dead along with Setting Sun, having helped him in his assault on Adalberto's stronghold. It would just be a footnote in someone's post (I volunteer), so there wouldn't need to be a lot of details.

If I had my way, I would like to do Emilie's time-skip after Dashiell's response to her last post, with new characters coming in prior to/during the riot scene. Also, Veronica stays. :) Would that work for everybody?

Reactions: Cush Almighty
I'm okay with whatever, honestly, I don't want to post until I'm sure on what we're doing though in case the plot changes or whatever.
If we do a reboot, I might make a villian character? I'm not sure, but I know for sure I'm sticking with Dashy.

I know I'm outvoted already, but I don't like the idea of a reboot. I would like to just do the time-skip to the start of the riot. New characters could be introduced then. At some point, probably after the riot, there could be a newspaper headline saying, "NOTORIOUS SAMURAI EXECUTIONER AND SUSPECTED MOB BOSS FOUND DEAD" (basically, Setting Sun and Adalberto kill each other in a Big Fight Scene that takes place "off-screen" while Kot is somewhere else). If Gone Girl is going to end up...well, gone, she could either die in the riot, or be found dead along with Setting Sun, having helped him in his assault on Adalberto's stronghold. It would just be a footnote in someone's post (I volunteer), so there wouldn't need to be a lot of details.

If I had my way, I would like to do Emilie's time-skip after Dashiell's response to her last post, with new characters coming in prior to/during the riot scene. Also, Veronica stays. :) Would that work for everybody?
I'm not ready to kill off Gone Girl, I just started playing her.

I like your idea but as you said you were out voted and everyone wants to change their characters now.(Makes me sad) @Ringmaster you are accepted.

So If anyone going to post a new character get working on 'em.

I vote reboot too and wouldn't kind trading in Ivy for another character, its not as though she made that big of an impact either. XD
She still can! Earl and her can be the best of friends!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mundane Monster
She still can! Earl and her can be the best of friends!
Oh alright! :D I still want to make another character though, probably an anti-hero if not a villain. Is the reboot going to be in this thread?

Honestly I'm fine with whatever. Just let me know what we're going to do, kinda leaning towards a hard reset though because I'd be able to work out some kinks in my character.

I just want to express a concern I had. I had a darn good character in Gone Girl and to have another player to volunteer to turn her into an off-screen footnote as a random person who died during a time skip is not exactly the most welcoming of receptions.

I'm hoping I'll be allowed to continue with Gone Girl, because I wasn't nearly done with her.

I just want to express a concern I had. I had a darn good character in Gone Girl and to have another player to volunteer to turn her into an off-screen footnote as a random person who died during a time skip is not exactly the most welcoming of receptions.

I'm hoping I'll be allowed to continue with Gone Girl, because I wasn't nearly done with her.
I'm sorry! Somehow I got the impression that you were going to stop playing her and go with a different character, because her story was too tied up with Setting Sun. I didn't mean to imply in any way that I didn't think she was a good character or anything remotely in that neighborhood or to offer any sort of un-welcoming reception. I was kinda looking forward to the story arc of her investigating the deaths Tarot and Dashy were involved in, and Emilie being increasingly worried about getting caught.

Again, my apologies.

• Bucket of Rainbows
That was when we were considering a time skip @Zarko Straadi , cause I couldn't justify unentangling her from the now absent storyline. Even then, I would probably just have her disappear from the vigilante front for awhile, and just run Wit Tenant, the "Doll Detective" for awhile until the dust settled. I only offered to drop her as a sort of last resort.

Thanks for the quick clarification!

Cheers!

Anti-Hero
tumblr_nlgadswwQ41sz40eno1_500.gif

Name
Calvin Walters

Alias
Wesley Carter
Vesuvius

Race
Human - Caucasian

Sexuality
Gay

Personality
When he was still Calvin, he used to observant and quiet in a charming sort of way. He had a gentlemanly air and offered words of encouragement when needed. Now as Wesley, he is gruff, observant and practically monosyllabic. He isn't one to give compliments or banter with others and he leans more towards boring a hole into your head with a cold stare, than waving hello. He is child intolerant and doesn't even liked seeing them in his restaurant. He doesn't like bigots and racists, but he won't actively intervene if something goes down, unless it could affect him. He suffers from tunnel vision because unless his aid will result in him getting closer to the man who killed his family, he won't give a damn about your situation or hardships. That being said, he isn't an emotionless monster, he just has trouble communicating his feelings and often times his affectionate actions can be seen as forced and rushed. When forced to interact with people, he can be sarcastic with a touch of black humor.

Interest
Reading, investigating, dogs, avenging his family, finding someone nice to settle down with, testing his power limits.

Power(s)
Biologically Induced Fire Manipulation
The ability to bend fire to his will, and produce it to fight opponents or create constructs.
Fire Immortality
He is immune to fire, so trying to burn him to death is impossible, as he will simply turn to ash and regenerate.

Skills
Boxing
Cooking
Proficient in Hand Gun Usage (Although he prefers to roast not shoot)

Equipment
Black Linen Trench Coat
Black Linen Gloves
Dark linen work pants, fitted black shirt, and military style boots.
(Linen does not burn as quickly as most fabrics)

History
To truly understand, Calvin's story, you must first listen to his father Eugene's story.

Eugene Walters was born and raised in a small Podunk town that no one really knew nor cared about. He didn't have many friends because he was underdeveloped and has a status crippling stutter. He was picked on a lot and girls made a game of pretending to like him, only to publicly shame him in front of their whole school (which was about twenty two kids in total). Eugene's one escape from this hell was when he went to visit his best friend in the abandoned barn a few miles from the Walter's farm. Eugene's best friend was a skinny boy with a shaved head and cold dead eyes that only flickered with warmth when he was talking to Eugene. The boy's name was Gavrilo and he and his family were hiding out in the country "until all the shit that went down in the city blows over". Eugene didn't really know what that meant and he was about ninety percent sure that people shouldn't be hiding in barns, but he never said anything because Gavrilo was his very best friend in the whole world and the only person who had ever been nice to him. The two practically grew up together but their friendship ended when "all that shit that went down in the city blew over" and Gavrilo and his family had to return to their home.

Skip forward ten years and Eugene had moved to the city and was struggling to get his new restaurant off the ground, but no one was really interested in his bland menu and terrible communication skills. Plus he didn't have enough money to hire waiters, so it was just him trying and failing to multitask. One night, ten minutes near closing, a tall young man swaggered in with a frightening looking entourage and scared what little customers Eugene had, away. Tired and two steps away from just hanging up the towel, Eugene drew up what little courage he had and demanded that the group leave. However halfway through his sentence, the icy cold stare of the leader and the sneers and snarls of his followers forced his childhood stutter out. Suddenly a flicker of recognition appeared in the leaders eyes, and the childhood duo, Gavrilo and Eugene were reunited. From that day onward, Eugene's life greatly improved. His restaurant became popular (with Gavrilo's gang but still money is money even if it's bloody). And Gavrilo even introduced Eugene to his now wife, Rita. When Eugene's first son was born, Eugene named him Gabriel (Americanized version of Gavrilo) and further cemented their friendship. When Eugene's second son was born, he wanted to name him Jacob (Jakov was Gavriloo's surname), but Rita put her foot down in a rare act of defiance and demanded that he be named after her late brother, Calvin, and Eugene allowed it. Maybe it was because he wasn't named after the Romani, that Calvin began walking the path that he did.

Unlike his brother, Calvin didn't grow up idolizing the Romaniian gangsters that he grew up around. Calvin was more sensitive than his brother and tended to notice things that no one else did. For example, he noticed that his parents no longer bantered with each other. He also noticed that his father sometimes stared longingly at Gavrilo before the other man went to wreak havoc on the city. He also noticed that his mother noticed this and always slammed whatever she was holding down then pretended to have lost her grip on said object. And finally Calvin noticed that his older brother Gabriel was coming home with bandages on his knuckles and a mean glint in his eyes. But despite noticing all of this, Calvin could do nothing about any of the observations as he was on the small side like his father and he wasn't sure how to breach the subject of his parent's failing marriage.

When he was thirteen, Gavrilo intercepted him on his walk to school and took him to a boxing gym. "We can't have you Walters' repeating history, right?" he has said as he taught Calvin how to throw a punch. "Your pop's a great guy but he's a bit of a pansy. No one'll eva' be scared of him and it's too late for me to try an' make that happen. But you? You I can work with." he said as he showed him how to life weights and how much to do at a time. Calvin already knew that his brother Gabriel had been given this same lesson and that he was in line to join Gavrilo's gang, so he expect the man to ask him as well, but the question never came, not that Calvin was upset, but he always wondered why.

He got his answer when he was seventeen. His brother had been haranguing him about joining the Romanis and would get upset when Calvin would decline the request. "You ain't a shrimp no more!" Gabriel would yell, giving his younger brother a shove. "What's the problem?" He would demand and Calvin would give him the same answer he always gave, "I'm just not interested." and Gabriel would huff and puff, but he would leave him alone eventually. But one night, Gabriel didn't leave him alone and just as he was gearing up to ask him again, Gavrilo intervened. "You two may be brothers, but you're different. Gabriel, you're a fighter, that's why you walk with me and the others. But Calvin, he's a protector. His place is here, lookin' out for his family, makin' sure everything's square. Now drop the subject, I don't wanna hear you askin' bout it again, cause even if he wanted to join, I would say no. I will always say no, Calvin's not meant for this life."

Gavrilo's words were contradicted two days later when the diner was burnt to the ground with Eugene, Rita, Calvin and Gabriel locked inside. The fire was put out relatively quickly, and three charred bodies were uncovered, although it was impossible to tell who was who. The authorities assumed that one body must have just turned to ash and pronounced the entire Walter family dead.
The authorities weren't completely wrong in their assumption, because one body did turn to ash, but it soon reformed over a hundred miles away, into Calvin Walters. In a morbidly ironic turn of events, Calvin developed fire manipulation powers from the fire that killed his family. No. Not the fire. The man who killed his family, and Calvin was going to find and destroy him.

However in order to achieve this goal, Calvin has decided to not contradict the verdict of the authorities and remain 'dead'. He needed help pinning down the man who killed his family, so he returned to Gavrilo for aid. Gavrilo agreed to help him but was reluctant to fully immerse Calvin (now Wesley Carter) in the 'business' because he still believed that the man was meant to be a protector not a fighter. This put the two men at odds with each other, with Wesley eventually going on his own way.

Other
He owns a small diner called Rita's, where almost everything would be charcoal grilled meat if it weren't for his one and only hire, Jodie, who begged him to add vegetables and desserts to the menu.
Jodie is one of the three people who know about Wesley's powers and alias, Vesuvius.
He has a dog named Scout

Last edited:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.