The Golden Age (Superhero Roleplay OCC & Sign Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cush Almighty

I Will Kill Yuji Itadori Myself
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
28:21 to 25:30
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, Magic.
Intro

"The Golden Age, That's what the new generation of superheroes deem it. We just called it the 40's, The first boom of Superheroes(and Villains) appeared around that time. The boom was World wide but mostly in America, The cultural melting pot. The spike in superpowered individuals was sometime at the beginning of the world war 2. I remember hearing about the terrifying things that came to light once the fighting was over. The Nazi War Machines, Super Soldiers, Death Camps and other atrocities committed by the Axis forces. America its self isn't excluded from these atrocities sadly, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, A means to a end. It was a different time back then, No cellphones, internet or video games the kids seem to love so much. It was a simple time even with men that could fly and rip metal apart like card board with there bare hands. Now I won't lie to you, At that point in time in America had it's social problems, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and more. Society wasn't so accepted back then, People were excepted to stay in there place. This was the Golden Age, The push that was needed to make a change."

CHARACTER SHEET

(Real or Realistic Art only.)

Name
(Full Name.)

Alias
(Superhero Name and nicknames.)

Race
(You may include Ethnicity as well.)

Sexuality

Personality
(1 Paragraph at least. Try to include strongly held views of your character.)

Interest

Power(s)
(Limited to 3 and Include if your powers are Magical, Technological or Biological.)

Skills

Equipment

History
(At least 2 Paragraphs and Include how you obtain your powers.)

Other

City
716.jpg

Geld City is where this story will start from. This city is the most technologically advance city in America. Do not be surprised of seeing out of placed like AC, Colored TV and other such minor things like robots. Geld is a very affluent city shown throughout the city, With that said Geld of course has it's slums. The Slums can range to Poor, broke down and completely horrendous as if these people never left the depression. This city has many farms and small town on route to it. This city is located east coast of America and has it's own bay with boat from all around the world docked in it. Geld is located in NC, North Carolina.

Rules:
1. Don't be a jerk, Just at least try.
2. Decent grammar skills
3. No one-liners please or two,three or fours. All I ask is a paragraph if you're lazy.
4. You are limited to the number of character you can handle.
5. 5.Be prepared for topics such as Racism, Segregation, Sexism and Homophobia and other related topics of discrimination.
6. I am God GM and can add rules and change them as I please.
7. Have fun, We're Superheroes!

The Setting
07/01/1948 on a Wednesday​

HEROS
  • Veronica Fox, 30 yo. (Vixen) - Illusions, Superhuman Senses/Reflexes.
  • Earl Maxson, 17 yo. (Sonorous) - Sound Control.
  • Ivy Little, 28 yo. (Alley Cat) - Shadow Camouflage & Manipulation.
  • Harry Himura, 30 yo. (The Setting Sun) - Our Friendly Neighborhood Ninja Samurai Batman.
  • CarnelIan Douglass, 20 yo. (Black Flag) - Magic/Technology Abilities.
  • Emilie Sabra Jameson, 16 yo. (Tarot) - Cartokinesis, Cartomancy.
  • Witticism "Wit" Tenant (Gone Girl) - Luck, Ice generation/Temperature control, Intimidation.
  • Scott Stone "Lucas Well" (Aeros) - Flight, Enhance Reflexes.
VILLAIN
  • Adalberto Serpico, 29 yo. (Poison Prince) - Poison Body, Breath, Immunity.
  • Sadie Rosemary, 23 yo. (Fire Ice) - Fire Manipulation/Resistance, Telepath.
WILDCARDS/Antivillians/Antihero
  • Nathaniel Stone, 20 yo. (Siphon) - Power Absorption, Flight.
  • Thomas Frey, 24 yo. (The Chameleon) - Atom Control, Invisibility, Stealth.
  • Holly Mason, 20 yo. (The Silver Dragon) - Siren/Mermaid: Sonar Skills, Water Manipulation, Xenolinquist.
  • Elaine Michaelis, 22 yo. (Switchblade) - Energy Blast, Phasing, Technopathy.
  • Leone Kyvak, 32 yo. (Kot) - Aggression, Feline Adaptation & Skills.
  • Dashiell Vincent, 21 yo. (Silver Witch) - Telekinesis, Lucid Manipulation, Energy Burst.

Last edited:
So much time has passed and I'm running one clan and am a part of 2 more. Gone Girl can be missing, meaning I'd like to reserve the right to drop in later, but for now count me out. Sorry ladies and gentlemen.

Alright @Michale CS , I respect your decision and best of luck. Your welcome to drop in anytime.

@Banana-senpai So, do you want to do that party invite thing to get me back in the grove? I could post it tomorrow. :)

Cool. I will post it after I sleep or afternoon of today then...

@Banana-senpai

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
I'll be posting tomorrow!

• Thank You
Sorry everyone for my absence. RL has been devouring my RP'ing time lately, and the post I've been working on for Emilie continues to stretch. I posted Part One, and I'll try to get to the questions people have for me in this thread tomorrow.

Sorry everyone for my absence. RL has been devouring my RP'ing time lately, and the post I've been working on for Emilie continues to stretch. I posted Part One, and I'll try to get to the questions people have for me in this thread tomorrow.

Your IC post is still in the event of the riot? Or you up to current date?

It's at the riot. I'll segue to current time afterward, probably with a few vignettes to set the scene for where Emilie and her family will be at in the present time.

Reactions: Cush Almighty
@Zarko Straadi, @Mysty did your characters see Veronica?
Emilie will have started visiting Veronica again after the riots.
@Zarko Straadi, perhaps we can have it so that Leone and Carnelian worked together to survive the riot?
Sounds good to me. :)
I was thinking of throwing a party at the Stone house for Halloween. Any of you want to come?
Emilie can come as a guest of Veronica's, and would be delighted for the opportunity.

It doesn't seem likely that Carnelian would be there. One, she's a Negro in Jim Crow Georgia, so she would not expect to be welcome among people who would not let her drink from the same water fountain they do. Two, she's a poor/working-class Anarchist, so hobnobbing with the rich and glamorous wouldn't be high on her to-do list, plus money would be tight when it came to making/buying a fancy costume to wear.

OTOH, if she could finagle a way to get in, she might go there for purposes of infiltration, say, to try to eavesdrop and find out more about Dr. Crimson's plans. If she couldn't get in as a party-goer, she could hire on as extra 'help' and try to spy while serving drinks. :)
Which reminds me...did they enroll in the unofficial superhero training class of Mama V? I don't think she's going to let them go about on their own after the incident.
Yes, Emilie will enroll. I also have an idea for her to meet Carnelian and start learning martial arts. So, she could be a connection between Carnelian and Veronica. Carnelian won't let Emilie in on her I.D. as Black Flag right away, and she probably wouldn't be quick to trust Veronica/Vixen to be on her side (unless she has reason to), but that could depend on how their relationship plays out. It might be best to have their meeting postponed for various reasons (e.g. secrecy on Carnelian's part) until the RP present so we can play it out instead of just saying "X, Y, and Z happened."
and how does @Zarko Straadi Emilie do in the aftermath?
I'll be posting what happens to her in the riots and afterward in the IC thread. Not to spoilerize too much, but she will be getting back in the superhero business. :)
are you alright with the idea of Kot and Black Flag teaming up to survive the riot? Cuz I want to incorporate all that's happened since then in my post.
Yes, sounds good to me!
Look out, Someone's coming for Tarot.
O.O

Apologies if I missed anybody. If so, please remind me of what your question was. I'll try to get Part II of her IC post done in the next day or two.

@Zarko Straadi, alright. Would Leone know that Carnelian = Black Flag or not?

Yes, Emilie will enroll. I also have an idea for her to meet Carnelian and start learning martial arts. So, she could be a connection between Carnelian and Veronica.
Yes, to this. But Veronica can't teach any fighting skills (she only uses what movements the Fox Spirit guides her with). She's more on the soft skills, connections, negotiation, covering up, etc. So I think V would tell Black Flag and Emilie about each other?

t might be best to have their meeting postponed for various reasons
I'm sorry, whose? Carnelian and V? Or Emilie and Carnelian...?

@Zarko Straadi, alright. Would Leone know that Carnelian = Black Flag or not?
Hmmm, I'm not sure. After being chided by Setting Sun for giving out too much info, and in the wake of the riots and the resulting police crackdown, she would probably have sought to be more secretive about her super-ID. Leone seems to be pretty standoffish too, so they might have been pretty slow to get to know each other enough for an ID-confessing level of trust even if their super-selves tended to end up on the same side of a lot of fights.

Carnelian is an Anarchist in the tradition of Emma Goldman and Peter Kropotkin. To my recollection, Leone didn't seem very inclined toward radical Leftist politics, so I don't know how well they would have ended up relating to one another.

If you want him to know (or at least think) she's Black Flag, I'm sure I/we could come up with a way for him to figure it out. Do you have a preference?
Yes, to this. But Veronica can't teach any fighting skills (she only uses what movements the Fox Spirit guides her with). She's more on the soft skills, connections, negotiation, covering up, etc. So I think V would tell Black Flag and Emilie about each other?
OK. I have other ways for Emilie to get her fighting skills. :) The idea I currently have is for Carnelian to go to Emilie's house after the riots to try to get a job as an assistant seamstress. Emilie lets it slip in conversation that "what I really need, is for someone to teach me chop socky [martial arts]." Carnelian gives a bit of a demonstration of her skills, and nets a role in training Emilie.

I'm sorry, whose? Carnelian and V? Or Emilie and Carnelian...?
Carnelian and Veronica. Or did you want to come up with a scenario for them to have met earlier?

• Thank You
Still present. Waiting on reply before making another post ( though I still have Christian if anyone wants to get to know him)

Status
Not open for further replies.