The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Not giving me much to work with GG -_-)
Lucas nods in mock wisdom
"Well, stars are nice." He pulls up an empty chair and scoots close to the girl,
"So, captain, what's the plan for now? Also...I never got your name..."
During this he is doing his best not to stare at her.

"Plan? The plan is to sail away. Maybe visit the natives. Get rich, isn't that what everybody wants?" She smiles. "And my names is Elizabeth." She smiles again.

Aaaaaaand Lucas heart skips a beat. Mind goes blank. Poor sods infatuated. He barely manages to get out,very quietly,
"Wonderful. Rich and stuff. You have a beautiful name..."

Caspian released a surprised yelp when Lerian pushed him down, but was happy that she did. He recognized what Calder was doing, as his last captain used to be something of a...Gun Powder loving psycho. He watched at the man flipped the table over, preparing for the blast and it was then that he noticed a flash of gray...His eyes widened in horror and he crawled over to Tavern cat on his hands and knees.

The cat seemed ignorant of what was going on, and was still lounging on its side, almost a foot away from the gunpowder. Caspian reached out grabbing the feline and gritting his teeth as the creature yowled and clawed at his face and exposed skin. "Forgive me friend, it's for the best!" He gritted out before scrambling behind an upturned table and waiting for the blast.

NIGHTFALL

"Humph." Is all she lets out. Let the kid have his moment. It was still odd, having such a young lad fawning over her. Although, it wasn't Exactly a first. "When I was your age, I wasn't worrying about boys. I had everything I wanted. And then it all fell apart." She groans as she bounces up. "Horrible men out on the streets at night, mostly drunkards. I'm going to find an inn, come if you like." She gets up and heads off for an inn.

Lucas jumps up, eager to follow.
"Yes ma'am!"
Even if she didn't need it, he felt an overwhelming need to act as some form of protection. Plus he didn't want to leave her presence. Maybe I should tone it down a bit so I don't come across as a creep... He thought to himself as he followed her. Then he smiled to himself as he kept glancing at her form as he followed behind her. I. Am. ENTIRELY gone...but, looking at that body, it's easy to understand
((O.o))

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth does the necessary hair flick to signal she is aware that she is being admired. As she enters the inn, she takes of her jacket and folds it in her arms. "One room please." She places ten gold pieces on the counter and heads off to her newly paid for room.

Lucas sits down in a chair in the inn, closes his eyes, and proceeds to "hold court" with the rest of his conciousness.
Miso: Well, I haven't been paying attention much, but it seems as though the boy here has gotten himself involved with an interesting person. Very adept with a blade,
Aplistia: Yes yes yes, but how is this going to benefit us? It's not like we know if we're going to get anything from following her.
Agapi: I think it's wonderful that Exousia has found someone to chase after, other than someone he intends to kill, that is...
Miso:Whatever Agapi, you just want to take over so you can woo her. All you care about is women. You're kind of a slut, ya know that?
Agapi: Excuse me! I am an entrepreneur of the finest arts. I am not a slut as you so distastefully label me. I am a man who is interested in the finest game, that's all.
Lucas: Oy, why do you two always have to fight? Geez, you guys are worse than a married couple...
Aplistia: Forgive them Exousia, they are just mere mortals and know not the wonders of elevated arts. There are far better things of more value than what they quarrel about,
Lucas: ...and once again Aplistia, I have no idea what you are talking about...Look, I just want a status report on all of you.
Miso: I'm pissed off
Lucas: What's new?
Aplistia: I've been working on a new idea for a book to write. It'll make us millions!
Lucas: I've told you before, not gonna happen.
Agapi: Seriously though! You don't need to go around calling names! It's not like I g o around calling you an angry prick.
Lucas: Agapi!
Agapi: hmm? Sorry.
Lucas: Now then...status
Agapi: oh. Entirely enamored with this Elizabeth woman.
Lucas: Back off. You can't have this one.
Agapi: You say that, but you still realize you have no experience with women. Besides, It's not that. She's just interesting is all.
Lucas: ...I'm still going to warn you. Don't even try. Understood?
Agapi: Yes Exousia. It's understood...
Lucas: Good. Now I think that wraps this up. I'm off.
All: Bye Exousia!
Lucas opens his eyes and shudders a bit. Going into his mind was taxing, and more than a bit strange, but he was getting used to it. He walks to the innkeeper and pays for a room, along with instructions for someone to wake him as soon as the captain was up. As soon as he gets to his room he makes a beeline for the bed and is asleep before his head hits the pillow.

Barus looked around at the others as they took action. He was glad that everyone paid attention to him, but where in the world was Calder running? The man ran into the kitchen of the tavern before coming back out with a strange looking bag. He watched Calder put the bag down by the southern wall of the tavern, and light the fuse. There was a stealthier way to get out, and that was the back door of the tavern but it seemed as if Calder had an 'explosive' personality.

"Heh, I gotta remember to write that one down."

He shook the dumb idea from his head, just realizing what Calder was really aiming for. Although it would make an opening in the wall, it would attract so much attention. The vigils outside would run to the back in a nick of time, for the tavern was not that large. They would have to run out of the tavern as soon as the makeshift bomb blew up. He sighed, before the forces behind his back were getting stronger. It felt as if one more man went to attack the door, and he was about let the door swing open. He had an idea, but it was very risky. They would have to run in the cover of the smoke. He gulped, before jumping away from the door and onto Lerian and Caspian. He looked at Calder, before shaking his head.

"YOU ARE A MANIA-"

The rest was unheard from the loudness of the explosion.

I really don't have any actual time for you.

Ivory checks over The Lioness making sure shes ready to set sail walking the ship. Seeing Mathew and her first mate - Arian boarding the ship Mathew half carrying Arian as he stumbles onto the ship obviously drunk his clothes a mess. She walks over to them shaking her head "Oy Arian.....alright Mathew get him below decks and in his bunk hopefully he will be somewhat sober by the morrow" Mathew nods to her and does as she orders Arian just grinning. As they leave she calls another of her crew over "There is a girl that might be coming by the morrow her name is S'nyia if she comes come get me immediately no matter what, and treat her with respect. If shes harmed in any way by any of you I will be very angry" He gulps then nods eagerly.

Ivory walks into her cabin shutting the door she sighs tiredly kicking her boots off and falling onto her bed she watches the stars and full moon from her window.

Last edited:
I don't have time for you.

You almost look peaceful like that." Came a voice that awoke Edward. It was a dark and ghostly voice that he recognized immediately. "Not at all like you were before." A cloaked figure stepped out of the shadows in the cabin.

3f204a8ed3b584a55ce3e7b682b23e90.jpg
"What do you want, demon?" He growled standing from his chair, almost knocking it over.
"Calm yourself, I was only coming to see how things are." The demon replied turning his head looking around the room. "Making sure you haven't forgotten about our deal."
"How could I? I am still here, under the Empire."
"Yes!" The demon snapped. "And you will do well to remember why you are like this." The demon was referring to years back just before Edward became a privateer. He had been using the magic bestowed to him for his own gain rather than furthering the demon's deal for the powers. "Your service is almost up, as you know, and once it is we can get back to work." Edward was using all his will to not yell at the demon for he knew that would be unwise. This demon was more of a curse to him than his abilities of summoning were worth, and he want nothing more than to kill it. "I will return three days after your.. resignation... and will give you your task." Edward did respond but just stood there staring with anger. "I am glad we had this chat, look forward to seeing you again." At that the demon disappeared into a black smoke.

After a few secondsEdward grabbed one of his books and threw it across the room.
"WHO IS HE TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" he yelled then drew his sword and slashed at the remaining smoke in the middle of the room causing it to part and swirl. "AAAHHHH!"
One of the crew came running into the cabin "Captain! Whats-"
He was cut off by Edward heel kicking him directly in the chest making him fly out of the room and into the wall across the hall. The poor sailor fell in a slump on the floor as several others gathered outside the door looking at the body.
"What are you all standing around for?! This isn't a museum!" The gathered crowd scrambled back to their places save for the doctor.
"Captain, you can't just do this." He said checking the sailor and found him dead.
"How about you talk to the demon next time." Edward replied the slammed the door.

|| Lerian Monstricru // Freland // responding to the Group

Lerian didn't what surprised her the most; the fact that there was no explosion, or the sheer madness that there would've been on in the first place. How had she not noticed how entirely drunk she was? All giggle and laughter- summoning her familiar in a crazy place like this with a whistle, murdering a man (even if by accident)- it was madness! She looked around at the other people from the group before flipping the table to it's normal position. It seemed that the bartender had a little to explain; probably drugged their drinks so they'd start doing crazy things like.. She searched her pocket for the good 50 gold she had stolen from the dead man's corpse before realizing she had given it to the bartender in exchange of the rum. 50 gold for something that would usually not cost more than three! With that sort of profit, paying a little extra for spiking drinks and property damage every now and then was nothing!

She was about to turn around and give the man a good punch in the face and get back her gold when the door (the one Barus had been holding back, supposedly from Guards) opened up. There are no Guards in Freland, she thought, almost tempted to bang her head against the table for her stupidity. However, there were really angry individuals- particularly pissed off about the fact they had murdered one of their Slaver friends. There had been no explosion, meaning no drunkard had lit gunpowder and blown up the place, thank God. What was the gunpowder then?
Lerian looked down, noticing the slightly burned salt on the ground. Of course. The friends of the humanoid pig took a good look at his dead body before turning towards the tavern's crowd.

One of the Slaver's friends, a buff one with a scar running down from his cheek across his lips, approached Lerian. She stood tall, meeting the man with an equally mean look. It wasn't the strategically flirty fake courtesan of earlier. She was a Pirate. Sober, she would never have stooped so low as to even place her hand on the buff man's pig friend. Lerian would've had him unconscious on the floor in one fell swoop. Malum climbed her, curling up around her body until he reached her shoulders- more like a snake than a lizard. "Where you the one that killed him?" she gave him a cheeky grin, eyes still firey. "I don't know, maybe. Although the pig was asking for it."

That's when all hell really broke loose. Not with an explosion, but with a fight.

"Let. Me. Goo-o!" The cat in Caspian's arms howled, as he gave the blonde a final slap to the face, his claws catching the man's flesh on his nose. Caspian let out a yelp of surprised and dropped the feline. He stared bleary eyed at the line of 'gunpowder', noticing the not so powder like texture that most gunpowder had. And it was white.

Yup it was salt.

He had never felt so stupid in his life. But before he had time to dwell on his stupidity, someone slammed into his back and he whirled around, his hands shielding his neck and face. A fight had broken out and Lerian seemed to be in the middle of it. Caspian stared open mouth at the fighters, until someone grabbed him and started throwing punches. He stumbled backwards knocking into someone else as he tried to regain his footing.

"Back off!" He snarled, as he pulled his arm back and clocked his assailant in the jaw.

Reactions: Romaan
Standing up S'nyia wondered what had happened. They had told her to get down but nothing had happened. Turning around at the noise of a scuffle she saw the slaver's friends. Of course, they were mad about him being dead. That's when one of them spotted her. "Hey! It's that scrawny injun witch that did it! She was the only slave he hadn't sold." Running at her, the man attempted to wrap his arms around her neck. But S'nyia, now free of the chains holding her back, jabbed the man in his own throat, knocking the wind out of him. He went down, attempting to breathe but not getting very far. Looking around she saw the animal man and Lerian already in the midst of the brawl.

A loud burp came from Barus before shaking his head. He looked around at his surroundings, and noticed that he was behind a table. He watched Lerian lift up the table to its original position, and he sat up, moving his legs into a cross legged position before grasping his head. He than remembered why he was hiding behind the table, the bag was about to explode! He covered his ears for a moment, before looking around. The makeshift bomb should have exploded by now, but it did not. He took this opportunity to stand up before looking at the southern wall, seeing the bag still in it's position. He walked over to it, before crouching down to examine it, noticing that it was a bag filled with salt. Enraged, he balled his hand into a fist before punching the bag and some of the burned salt. What the hell was in those drinks? He shrugged before sighing. There was no reason to complain because the ordeal was over now. He looked at the others, seeing if they were okay. Right when he turned in Caspian's direction is when he saw the cat give him a nasty claw to the nose. He looked at S'niya, seeing a man run at her, but she quickly incapacitated him. He gasped before waving at her.

"Wow, nice sh-"

He was stopped in the middle of his sentence by a punch to his face. Barus slid back a few feet before feeling his cheek. He was probably going to get a bruise there in thee next day or two. He than clenched both fists before running at the brute, yelling.

"How dare you! Now how am I going to look handsome in front of these two ladies here!"

S'nyia looked up just in time to see Barus get punched in the face as he was trying to say something to her. Barus then ran at the man, bellowing "How dare you! Now how am I going to look handsome in front of these two ladies here!" Trying not to laugh, she held up a hand to him. The man Barus was paired up against was built like a brick wall and she didn't want the merchant to get hurt anymore. Cracking her knuckles, she put her native training to work. She launched herself full speed at the man that had hit him. They both feel to the ground, grappling. But as the man was not used to having to wrestle wild animals like S'nyia, he wasn't much of a match. She quickly had him in a choke hold between her muscular legs. And it wasn't very long before the man slumped back, unconscious. She realized if any of the proper women she'd come across were here, they'd berate her for being a "savage". However, looking at this man she wasn't sure which of them were more savage. Standing up, S'nyia brushed herself off, patting Barus' shoulder. "Don't get yourself hurt."

The doctor of the Queen Anne's knocked on the door to the Captain's cabin and walked in without waitin for the captain's consent. What he saw didn't surprise him. Black Beard was sitting with a half empty bottle of Rum and a tumbler in his hand, sipping from the cup rather often glaring out the back window of the ship.
"Who was he?" Ask Black Beard. He was referring to the young man he had killed just hours before.
"Jason was his name, one of the new recruits we picked up." The doc responded.
"Thats why I didn't know him. Well no damage done."
"Captain, you have scared the new crew, they wont like that."
Black Beard threw the cup and stood abruptly as the glass shattered. "They will have to get used to it! I am who I am and they know that! I wont soften up just 'cuase a few welps get scared! They want to try and change me? Then they will die!" He grabbed the bottle of rum and took a swig then slammes it on the desk.
"The ship is out and we are starting out trek."
"I will be top side when I dont feel like killing someone." Black Beard then waved the doctor off who then left him to his bottle.

Ivory woke up to someone banging on her cabin door, she jolted up out of bed unaware that she had fallen asleep. I must of been more tired than I thought. She gets up slipping on her boots and answers her door seeing her first mate looking worse for wear he salutes her "Mornin' Captain! im sorry for my actions last eve I just couldnt help myself when I saw the lass go into....Never mind. The Lioness is ready to set sail!"

Ivory shakes her head at his explanation smiling slightly "Alright Arian lets just try not to let it happen too much aye? Ill be right out get the crew ready to ship out" she closes the door and goes about getting ready for the day. Once done she comes out looking up at the rising sun her hair combed and her face washed, seeing the crew getting The Lioness ready she sighs. I wonder what happened to S'nyia and that lot at the tavern....

Status
Not open for further replies.