The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent smiled. "That be what i'm here for. You'll have to give me a list..where your ship is and what ye need. After i see that, i'll be able to determine what all is involved. Mind you..as a show of good faith, i'll need me a small deposit on the goods before i go. Just in case you decide that after I "acquire" your supplies, you suddenly don't need them..not that ye would try and stiff me Ivory."

His voice held underlying venom in his words. He was cautious with every customer, every transaction. It made sure that his more devious pirate customers didn't try and stiff him. Kept them more or less "honest" with their deals.
Plus, playing cautious allowed him to stay ahead of the game..no matter what kind was being played.
"So..tell me what exactly ye plan on me getting for ya before you ship out?"

Daliaghna heard a low transaction being played out near her. Turning her head she squinted in the dim light, seeing a woman and man talking business. She raised an eyebrow at the woman, as she was obviously also a pirate. The man didn't look like a pirate, though. Possibly a thief or smuggler. She snorted slightly. There was only one reason transactions happened in a tavern. They were obviously illegal. Suddenly it struck her why the woman looked familiar. She was called Rose of the Sea. Daliaghna outright chuckled at that. Rose.... Such delicate, pretty, easily crushable things. She wondered to herself how a pirate woman with such a flowery name was even still alive. Perhaps she was also a courtesan. Leaning back even farther she studied the pair close to her. Pulling the barmaiden aside she ordered two drinks, instructing them to be taken to the man and woman anonymously. After all... It was quite obvious one or another of them had an attraction to the other, why not stimulate it a bit with more spirits? The woman smiled to herself.

Lucas arrives at his newest benefactors ship and notices that the ship appears to be making ready to get under way. He picks up his pace thinking he might get left behind. He reaches the gangplank and calls up to Elizabeth,
"Permission to come aboard, Captain?"

"Uhm." Elizabeth looks at the ship, then at Lucas. "Permission granted? I mean, seriously, just get on the ship." After Lucas gets on board and the remaining cargo is stocked, Elizabeth bounds up the stairs to where the wheel awaits. She totally has somebody to sail it for her, but nevertheless: "BRING UP THE ANCHOR! UNFURL THE SAILS! HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS, WE ARE SETTING SAIL!" She spins the wheel furiously, turning the ship out from port and into the open ocean. After a few short minutes, she let's go of the wheel, leaving it the helmsman. It's his job, after all.

As he waited for Ivory to give him the list, the barmaid walked over and set two ales in front of them. "What's this? A drink from a pretty lady?" The barmaid blushed. "No love..some lady. Wishes to remain a secret." Now his interest was piqued..a lady ordering a smuggler and a pirate drinks!?

He reached up and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her onto his lap. "Aw c'mon love. Just tell me somethin...anything." There was a reason he went into smuggling..he could talk his way into or out of almost anything. It was quite the gift.
He saw her eyes glance past him..beyond him. That was a clue if ever he saw one and his grip loosened. She squirmed out of his lap and went back to work, blushing the entire way. His head cocked to the side and casually glanced behind him, seeing a lone woman by the glowing fireplace. She had that certain look to her..smug, eager, dangerous. He was sure of it.

Could that be her? Quite possible, she looks confident enough to stick out in this kind of crowd and that's hard to do. His head turned back and he turned his attention back on Ivory, pushing his drink aside..for now.
"So Ivory...how bout that list?"

Lucas walks up to the helmsman and watches him for a while. He then sheepishly nudges him,
"Hey buddy, I've noticed you're over-correcting too much to starboard. Are you reading your compass correctly?"

Enter the Destroyer...

It was early morning as the ship came to dock on the far north side of Freland. The small island was abundant in many things, pirates being one of them. The attendants on the dock that morning were all still groggy from the previous night, be it from sleep or from drink. It wasn't until the large ship was practically on top of them that they noticed it's approach and for good reason - the hull, mast and almost everything else was a solid black in color. Surprised by its sudden appearance, the dock hands stood up and got to work getting the ship docked. A rope was thrown over the side of the ship, landing on the dock and trailing into the water. One of the hands went over and grabbed it, pulling the rope and by extension the ship over towards the dock. Tying the rope to a free post on the dock, the hand stood back and called out, "How many are you?"

The only answer received was a dull thunk as a walking plank was lowered down from the side of the ship. Stepping back, the hand looked up the plank to the ship, awaiting crew members to walk down it. A shadow of a man emerged from the side of the ship, hidden by the morning fog of the sea. He came down the plank with an eerie sort of gracefulness, the closer he got the taller he became and the more detailed his figure. The dock hand watched as the big man wearing a black captain's coat. The frills of his white dress shirt and black cravat billowed slightly in the sea breeze and the stern face of the man was revealed for what it was, long black hair flowing over his shoulders - wide and strong - giving way to a great sword on his back and twelve others carried along his hips, sides, and back. Stepping onto the dock, bare feet making a padded thunk, the man looked around, as though searching from something or someone. "Just one, for now," he said in a quiet voice that was strong and mellow. He reached into a pocket somewhere on the inside of his cape-worn coat and produced two gold coins, handing them to the attendant without looking at him and walking on. The man towered over the dock hand and the worker gladly took the coin, a rare thing among pirates to pay for docking. The attendant turned to thank the man and paused, seeing the emblem on the back of his coat as he walked away.

A skull stared back at the man, the left eye closed in a wink. It could hardly be seen behind the great sword strapped to the mans' back but there it was, plain as the eye could see. Frowning, the man looked back at the ship so black on the harbor and wondered where he had seen that skull before. Looking up, he saw the flag the ship was flying was also black, brandished with a Jolly Roger... or was it? As the breeze blew, the flag whipped around to reveal yet another winking skull. For some reason, the man just couldn't place where he had heard of this symbol before - then it struck him. The flag and skull belonged to the pirate hunting pirate, in famous in some other sea and heard about here on the isles. Not often did legends like these dock into Freland, and so the attendant turned to give the man another look to find he was already off the dock and headed into town. With no legend to confront, the attendant jogged over to the others who were still hurriedly securing the boat and asked excitedly, "Do you recognize that flag?"

Mumbling replies of negative inclination, stating they didn't recognize it, the dock hand who still held the two gold coins in his hands. Perhaps he wasn't so famous here after all, but he surely couldn't have been the only one to hear of a black ship marked in red... To confirm his suspicions, the attendant turned back to the ship and looked towards the hull, looking for a name that would be painted in red were it there. Finding none on the side that faced the dock, the attendant quickly looked around for a spare boat and found one on a neighboring dock. Jogging over to the row boat, he jumped inside and untied it, rowing out into the bay to get a look at the other side of the black ship. Getting there quickly enough, he looked up at the hull and smiled a worried smile, seeing the name "THE FOURTH HORSEMAN" painted in bright red as blood. That was it then, this was the ship and that was the man. He felt very awe struck then, having had an encounter with someone like that. So dangerous a man was he that he had heard he could not be killed, either blessed or cursed by some witch or demon to roam the earth until the final judgement came. Looking out towards the town, the man hoped that this man named in song and tale Ragnarok the Destroyer wasn't here to bring his own final judgement...

Ivory shook her head. "Forgive me, but i changed my mind. Hope you understand." Vincent nodded. "Of course..may the waters fare you well Rose of the sea." With that he stood, and glanced once again at the woman he was sure bought him a drink. Grabbing his mug, he made his way to her.

"Pardon me for the abrupt interruption, but would you care for a bit of company miss?" If she refused him, he would head out and try and hop a ship toward other possibilities.

Daliaghna looked up as a man approached her. "Pardon me for the abrupt interruption, but would you care for a bit of company, miss?" The woman raised her eyebrows. It had been the man from the table she'd payed for drinks for. "I don't mind it, I suppose." Taking her feet off the table, she looked up at him. Now that he was in front of her, she could see him more clearly. He had black hair and was relatively tall. He had a mysterious air about him as well. 'Course in a place like this most people did. Taking off her hat she threw it on the table, letting her red hair cascade out. She crossed her arms over her chest, appraising him. Earlier her had been talking to that blonde haired "Rose". She smirked slightly. "Now... how may I help you?"

He smirked as he sat, the old chair creaking as he laid his weight into it. "Thank you kindly." He took a sip of his ale. "Now that is some good ale. Wish i could thank the generous soul that got me this..." His eyes drifted up to hers, a deviousness dancing in them. He knew it was her...she probably knew that he knew as well.
"Well, enough with the playing around i think. You got some name pirate..or you just go around buying drinks for just anyone?" His words held a mild challenge, but were mainly for gathering information.

She watched him sit, smirking at her. "Thank you kindly. Now that is some good ale. Wish i could thank the generous soul that got me this..." He spoke the words as he took a long drink from his cup. He knew, he had to. His next sentence confirmed it. "Well, enough with the playing around i think. You got some name pirate..or you just go around buying drinks for just anyone?" She raised an eyebrow at his tone. "That's not the most polite way of addressing me. 'Specially when you don't know who I am, doll face." She leaned back in her chair, her golden eyes glinting mischievously out at him. "As it stands, it's quite bad form of me to just go around spouting my name out anywhere." Taking a drink of her own spirits she winked at him. "Got plenty of enemies lurking about ya see. As for the drink I bought you, well..." She grinned. "Can't one shady person buy another shady person a drink without no questions bein' asked?" She was toying with him a bit, talking herself around in circles. But you could never be too careful in these parts. Women pirates built up plenty of enemies just by existing, let alone all the killing, maiming, and pillaging she'd done in her time. Call it what you like, even her nickname always stirred up plenty of trouble. She blew air out through her teeth, watching him over the rim of her mug. He didn't seem particularly violent. Odds were if things came to blows between them she could beat him easy. She didn't wanna risk it thought, not here. Drunkards were too eager to get into a rousing bar fight for no reason.

"Can't one shady character buy another shady person a drink without no questions bein' asked?" Now there was a statement he didn't hear often. Most pirates tried to make themselves out to be honorable or semi-honorable, yet here was a pirate saying she was shady.
Well this might be interesting after all.

"Fair enough. No deep questions then. Simple ones to start. How about we start with the obvious one, what brings you to Freland?" While he chatted with her, his mind tried to recall the various female pirates he had heard about. Rose of the sea, The Black Dahlia, although he hadn't heard much about her, Elizabeth Crowe and a few random others.
Whether she was one of those he had heard about or not..he'd just have to wait and see.

She watched his face as he mused over her answer. "Fair enough. No deep questions then. Simple ones to start. How about we start with the obvious one, what brings you to Freland?" Daliaghna couldn't help but smirk slightly. "Same thing that brings all others, I 'spose. Food, rum, company, and plenty of able bodied men for when you're getting a little low on them." She wondered if he knew who she was or if he was trying to figure it out. She knew she wouldn't be known by her looks. She didn't leave enough people alive for that. But her ship would be known and so would her name. That's why she'd hoped that her idiot crewmen had had the forethought to cover The Screaming Siren's name. Most likely not though. She sighed. Hopefully this man didn't have many spies lurking about in the harbor.

She definitely was good about dancing around questions. She answered in such a way that she gave a satisfying answer, but didn't reveal anything. I like this woman.
"Alright, that works. Anything in particular you're searching for?"

As he chatted with this pirate, a few of his listeners around town had heard the harbor had a decent score to be had. Making their way towards there, the spotted a large ship. "That must be it boys. Let's scope it out for back alley, eh?"
They all agreed and headed towards the ship.

Once it was in plain view, they realized the folly of their choice. The name on the side was just beginning to be covered. Screaming Siren. This ship belonged to the Black Dahlia..and she was in Freland!
"We need to warn back alley. He's at the tavern and she might go there!"
One kid burst off running, hoping in the back of his mind that his leader wasn't facing against that fearsome pirate, and if he was, that he was ok.

What a shithole thought a man tall and broad and long of hair known as the Destroyer as he made his way through town from the north harbor. The island of Freland and the town that sat on top of it was not exactly the most savory of places, which was fine all in all since Ragnarok was not the most savory of people. He was, however, used to a bit of class and civility in his company, hard as that was to believe. As he walked, he thought of the days with Morrigan and his uncle Jaxson, of Black and Karl and Nicolai, the list of names went on and on and they were all just wonderful company. Here he was though, on a foreign shore on his quest to see the world. It was going to happen eventually, but as he walked he wondered if perhaps it had happened too soon? No time to look back on it now though; he was here and here was a land full of pirates, which was grand for him since he was a pirate. He'd hardly be noticed if his reputation didn't follow him like the shaggy dog that it was. It was also grand for him because if he wanted he could kill another pirate, take his worldly goods as his own and it would just be business as usual in this place. Gods he loved pirate towns.

As he passed a small group of ruffians and a couple of old men sitting at a table outside talking, their eyes secretly looking at him, Ragnarok pulled back his black cravat and had a look down inside at his chest. He frowned slightly, noting the color of his skin and not liking it. The rot was on him again, not good. He needed something to eat and quickly. This was a new place to him though, he didn't know anyone here and no one owed him any favors. He didn't know where the meals would be served raw or bloody and he especially didn't know where he could just find a dark hole to drag someone into to satisfy his carnivorous appetites. These were the disadvantages of being new in a place. You never knew where anything was.

A small group of lads, couldn't have been anymore than twenty in years the whole lot of them, came walking down the street towards him, laughing and hooting about. Ragnarok saw them but did not avert his course. He thought surely that given his size and the amount of weapons he carried in plain sight would be enough to avert their path away from him. Not for the first time was he wrong and he knocked one of the boys off balance, sending him reeling as he walked by. Appalled to have been bumped into, the youth gave an angry scowl and turned to look at Ragnarok who had already walked past without a word. "OI! What do you think you're doing walking into someone like that!?" he asked angrily. Ragnarok kept walking, content to ignore the barking of pups when he was so used tot he baying of hounds. Frazzled at being ignored by the man, the boy, who must have felt he had something to prove to his mates, walked forward towards the man in the black captains' coat and grabbed a hold of his shoulder, giving it a hard tug and prompting him to stop with a volatile, "I'm talking to you you salty drunk!"

Now how best to deal with this? He could have picked him up by the throat and thrown him back, his size would let him do that easily enough. He could have cut him down, but that would be a waste of a sharp edge. He could have responded, perhaps in words that were foreign to this island that might confuse him. Or he could act the typical pirate and shout and bray at the boy, accepting his challenge of might. There were plenty of options, and as his walking came to a stop he turned and looked at the boy, his eyes cold and unfeeling towards him as they were most other men. He was just a boy after all, and Ragnarok was not overly fond of harming children unless it was necessary. No, he was already causing a small scene by being the loud barking puppy that he was. It would be best to just turn and walk away as is how you train a dog. This in mind, Ragnarok turned back around and began walking down the street once more.

Enraged at having been ignored again, now thinking that this mans silence was a challenge and now knowing in his heart that he had to be a big strong ruffian of a man in front of his crew, the boy who couldn't have been older than nineteen produced a knife from somewhere on him and grinned vilely, thinking to stab the man and be off a victory all his own. Running after Ragnarok, the boy stepped out in front of him, holding the knife down at his side and made to jab at his guts with it! It never made it though, at least not on that thrust, for Ragnarok had grabbed the boy's wrist and stopped in his tracks. His hands were like iron and the boy could not wretch free. Cold eyes looked down at him yet it was a calm and quiet voice that came from the mans' lips. "This is one of my best shirts. I don't want any holes in it," he said simply, keeping a hold of the boy's wrist while his free hand undid the buttons on his shirt to expose his stomach to the open air. By now a crowd of onlookers was beginning to form at the curious spectacle and the boy continued to try and wriggle free, wondering why his crew were not helping him. When the buttons of his shirt were all undone, the man held it open with one hand before throwing the boys' wrist away with the other to take a hold of the opposite side of his buttoned down shirt, exposing his stomach by not his chest. "This is your one and only shot I'll give you," Ragnarok said calmly, "you'd best take it or walk away."

Having now been issued a direct verbal challenge, feeling as though he had something to prove and having killed a man at some point in his life already, the boy gave out a cry and rushed forward, plunging the blade deep into the mans' gut with a practiced thrust and holding it there wit the flat of his palm against the pommel!

It hurt, it always hurt, but pain can be ignored with practice. Gut shots were painful, arguably the worst pain, but he hadn't hit his stomach so he would be fine. Just his guts, the lower intestines. He may have even hit his liver. Ragnarok made a note not to drink anything later just in case, his eyes staring out onto the street and seeing nothing and no one. The lack of reaction at first lead the boy to believe that he had killed the man in one thrust as blood began to spill out from him. This belief continued until Ragnarok grabbed both of his wrists and glared down at him. Surprised and a bit frightened, the boy looked up at Ragnarok and tried to pull free of his stomach but the man was holding him there, holding him for all of the gods' sake! There was pain, but it went ignored. Practice makes perfect after all. Ragnarok pulled the blade out of his stomach by the boys' own hands and held it out into the open air, blood dripping onto the street below. He took in a deep breath, the kind that expanded your gut, splattering a bit of blood onto the boy from his open wound, a messy splatter paint on his young face. He was thankful his lungs hadn't been hit, those were the worst. Breathing became difficult, movements became slower, it was all just a bad, bad deal to be hit in the lung. Now the boy was screaming something but Ragnarok was not listening.

Squeezing both of the boys' wrists with his iron hands, the boy yelped and dropped his knife out onto the street. Now disarmed, Ragnarok shot his right hand forth and took a hold of the boys' shirt, lifting him up in the air by that and his wrists alone. The Destroyer brought him to eye level and said but a simple sentence,
"I need this," before lifting his bare foot and kicking the boy int he stomach, letting go of his wrists and keeping a hold of his shirt. Ragnarok had intended for the shirt to be ripped off of him but he had no such luck. Instead, Ragnarok lifted up the boys arms and he simply slipped out of his shirt onto the street below in a heap. Taking the shirt, the Destroyer wrapped it around his gut as much as he could and pulled it tight, he'd be bleeding for a while if he didn't get something to eat soon and blood-loss was another annoying thing to deal with. Turning to the left and the right, Ragnarok saw scores of frightened and confused people looking his way but no pubs or bars or restaurants. Then he saw, not too far down the street, what appeared to be a bar that was opened for business. Perfect, he'd buy whatever they were selling in the way of meat and be right as rain. Stepping over the crumbled body before him, Ragnarok made his way towards this bar as others scattered to inform whoever of what had just occurred. His mind was on the meat though, the scene that had just happened already forgotten.

"Alright, that works. Anything in particular you're searching for?" Pressing the tips of her fingers together the woman thought for a bit. "Lost a few men in the past week. Was looking to replace them. Gotta keep the crew full, ya see." Sitting back, she slung an arm over the back of her chair, crossing one foot over her knee. Daliaghna was the picture of ease in this bar. "What precisely, pray tell, are you doing here?" Taking a long drink of her cup, emptying it, she looked into the man's eyes. "You ask me all these questions but you're not too keen on openin' up about yourself. Shady man like you must have plenty of secrets swirlin' about him." Her eyes held a bit of laughter in them, as if she was baiting him. In truth, she was slightly. She wanted to know precisely what this man was all about and why he was hanging around in a rundown filth hole like this when he wasn't a rundown piece of filth like the rest of 'em.

She knew how to play the game. She was almost as good as he was. She knew how to avoid giving information while answering questions, no matter how specific.
What pray tell was he doing here? Shady man like him must have secrets. He laughed silently. She pegged him moment she came in he figured. She probably knew what he was and was just toyin with him. Well two could play that game.

"Me? Secrets? Nah...just needed a place that had great tastin ale is all." The smirk on his face told her he knew her game and he was playin the same one, just opposite field. The door to the tavern burst open and a little kid ran inside, immediately spotting him. Coming close, he tried to catch his breath.

"Backalley!" the kid said silently, but still loud enough to be heard by both people. "The black Dahlias ship has been spotted in port. She's somewhere on Freland. Also some punk pirate made off with willies shirt he did. Took a blade to the gut and just walked it off. Thought i saw ém come this way."

He sighed. Well, if she didn't know before, she did now. "Get back out onto the street kid and keep out of sight..especially if he is coming this way. Wait till i come out for ya, ok?"
The kid nodded and ran outside, the other patrons paying him no mind at all. Vincent turned to his guest.
"Suppose you figured it out by now, but if you haven't...i shall introduce myself. Names Vincent, trade and info are my game. If i'm not mistaken, you must be the Dahlia?"

With a raised eyebrow she watched his rebuttal. "Me? Secrets? Nah...just needed a place that had great tastin ale is all." She snorted slightly. If this place had great tasting ale she was the queen of Freland. That's when the door exploded, a little boy running in directly over to the man. "Backalley! The Black Dahlia's ship has been spotted in port. She's somewhere on Freland. Also some punk pirate made off with willies shirt he did. Took a blade to the gut and just walked it off. Thought i saw 'em come this way." At that her eyebrows skyrocketed. Ah. So he had spies then? "Get back out onto the street, kid and keep out of sight..especially if he is coming this way. Wait till i come out for ya, ok?" She watched the man rebuke the kid, sending him back outside. "Suppose you figured it out by now, but if you haven't... I shall introduce myself. Names Vincent, trade and info are my game. If I'm not mistaken, you must be the Dahlia?" She chuckled lowly at that, glancing around just in case some prying drunkard was listening in. "I guess my jig is up. Daliaghna Blackwater at your service," She bowed her head toward him with a permanent smirk on her face. "Although to most I'm known as The Black Dahlia." Putting her arms behind her head she watched him with curious eyes. He hadn't run away screaming at the mention of her name, she'd give him that. He must be at least a mite courageous. However, his boy mentioned something about a pirate who was stabbed and just kept going? Interesting...

A boy ran out of the establishment that Ragnarok was heading towards not moments before he himself walked up to it. He stopped, lest the boy run into him, and saw the look of startled disbelief on his face. He was probably one of the onlookers at his little... event, though he hadn't seen him in plain sight. He sprinted off quickly enough, probably because he was scared or needed to be somewhere, as he should. A boy seeing a man get stabbed in the gut and walking away form it should be scared of him. As for being somewhere, a boy his age should have things to do. He did, and he turned out alright by himself. Giving a last look over his shoulder and then down at his gut, the shirt beginning to turn a light shade of red. Hopefully he could get something to eat without it staining his actual clothes too badly...

Opening the door quietly, Ragnarok stepped into the bar and probably drew the eyes of everyone there - even the ones that didn't look his way. It should come as no surprise, everyone who was smart looked at every stranger who walked into a bar. The dumbest even knew to keep an eye on a man well over six feet tall with swords hidden in seemingly every orifice and with a slowly growing red spot on his shirt-wrapped stomach. The commotion int he bar wouldn't stop because of him, and why should it? He hadn't done anything to make it stop. Looking around for an empty table, while at the same time taking in the room, he saw a rag tag group of vagabonds and pirates all sitting about. Some fool and a woman were sitting not too far from the door, a prostitute and a client maybe. No concern of his, he located an empty table and sat down at it, adjusting his many swords so that none of them impaled either himself or the seat he sat in, forming almost a mock version of butterfly wings a six blades on either side of him fanned out across the floor and air.

Someone walked up to him, a bartender or a waiter, a male at least with some level of presentable clothing. He asked in a very low and gruff tone, "What can I do you for?" to which Ragnarok replied by holding up four of his fingers and saying, "Bring me four of your largest steaks, or whatever is the biggest meat you have. Keep it bloody, but make sure to cook it at least a little bit. I've got coin, so no need to worry about me eating and going." As proof, Ragnarok slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a single gold coin, placing it on the table and sliding it over to the man. he took it and nodded, heading back behind the bar, presumably to get him his food. If he hadn't had the attention of the bar before, he did now. Any man flashing gold in a place like Freland, a practically pirate owned town if not island, was asking for trouble. Ragnarok wasn't, but then again he was trouble so trouble would find him regardless. At this point, he had stopped caring about getting in trouble and causing trouble and simply let it all wash over him like waves on the bottom of his barnacle encrusted ship. Why would a man who could take a blade to the gut and still order food care? If all were so gifted as he, why, none would suffer in this world - they'd most likely be too concerned with food to have a society or care for wealth or any of that really. In this respect, the tall man was alone and he liked it that way. He was semi-living proof that dead men do tell tales, after all.

His food was brought to him some fifteen minutes later and by then the shirt that was keeping his stomach together was drenched red and looked like a different garment all together. Surprisingly, they were steaks he had been brought, piled on top of each other with a thin layer of brown as proof of being cooked while staying bloody. The smell wafted through the bar and no doubt, some of the pirates were beginning to shuffle in their seats, thinking to perhaps shoot the man for his gold and his food. He was, after all, only armed with swords. What good would they do against a bullet? No doubt, the bartender had had to coax whoever was claiming ownership of the bar to actually get the cuts of meat out to serve it to him, under the assumption that he had the gold to pay for it. reaching back into his jacket pocket, his mouth already watering, he produced three more gold pieces and gave them directly in hand to his waiter who scuttled off in a hurry, surely to avoid some, what he thought would be, inevitable scuffle of men.

Picking up fork and knife which had been brought with the plate of meat, Ragnarok cut into the top piece as quickly as he could and took a small chunk away with his fork, bringing it to his mouth and making it disappear behind teeth and lips. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't marinated or seasoned, just plain steak cooked rare. That suited Ragnarok fine, if it did not suit his taste for better quality food he would live for it. As blood ran down his throat he could feel it kicking it - the healing process, the magic, whatever. Pain began to cease and feeling was beginning to return to his chest. He cut into the steak and continued to devour it, hurriedly, wanting to be whole once again. Holes int he body that didn't develop at birth felt strange and unnatural, as they should. Thankfully the boy who had stabbed him didn't know how to cause real damage to an abdomen and so this little thing would be fine in no time. he was through the first steak and on to the second when he felt his gut to inspect the wound, finding that the skin had closed over it though his innards were still torn. He reached down and took off the bloody rag and dropped it on the floor, quickly buttoning up his shirt before he continued to eat. He wouldn't need it anymore, after all.

So this was the Black Dahlia eh? His face was that of intrigue and smugness and he kept his voice soft to avoid unnecessary listeners from hearing. "A pleasure Daliaghna. Now tell me, is there something you would like Backalley to get for you? Not to boast, but I am the best smuggler Freland has to offer. You tell me what you need and i'll more than likely be able to get it for ye."
His eyes glanced as a large man entered the tavern, immediately noticing the wound in his chest and the bloody rag covering it.

That must be the pirate my little man mentioned. He is quite intimidating to be sure. He watched the man order food and hand over the gold pieces. Once he dropped the rag on the floor, he turned back to the pirate, lowering his voice again. "I hope you'll excuse me Lady Dahlia, but i must be off. If you need my services for...whatever you need...please don't wait to find me in the harbor. I'll be looking for you."
Giving her a slight wink, he stood and made his way to the man sitting at the bar, devouring the steaks on his plate like a ravenous animal.

The patrons of the bar all seemed to be on edge and some even went silent. Some probably thought that he wanted revenge for what he had done to the boy, others maybe believed he was going for the gold. Neither was further from the truth. Keeping an earnest eye on the pirate in case he decided to turn and fight, he leaned down and grasped the bloody rag in his hands, stuffing it into his clothes pocket.
Without so much as a word, he turned and giving a slight respectful bow to the pirate Dahlia, he began to exit the establishment. I'm going to have to talk to Willie about keeping his temper in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.