The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth awakens abruptly. She leaps off the bed, dresses, picks up all gear and bursts through the door. "Time to go." She ,utters to herself. As she strolls down the street, winds blowing, she catches a glimpse of her ship. Magnificent. It's amazing what a few determined imbeciles can do with the right motivation. The ship was fully scrubbed, and the boards had been replaced. It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough.

As morning rose over the vast blue ocean swiftly lighting the sea scape Black Beard stood at the helm looking over the ship of sailors busily at work with their odd jobs. He was pondering the hidden chart of his and the demon's unrevealed want for these objects spread so far across the world. At the time he had agreed it never really dawned on him what these relics might be capable of, but now he was beginning to wonder if this was a good deal or not.
The sailing seemed to be going smooth as the were able to apot a hand full of trade ships here and there while the patroled the outer areas where the pirates like to lurk before stiking. Most times Edward's ship was enough to make them turn and find other places to hunt, but others he would meet with and have to make a deal or two. It seemed rare for him to ever really have to fight other pirates cuz his position with in the Empire made him a great ally to barter with.

Lucas hears a knock on his door and wakes up abruptly,
Note to self: don't sleep with weapons strapped on. He rubs out the kinks on his body while walking to the door. He opens it to find the innkeeper there,
"The lady left recently. You told me to let you know when she left." He turned and left.
Hmm, now I feel creepy for keeping tabs on when she leaves... Lucas thought making a :| face. Having slept in his gear, Lucas quickly heads out and buys a bit of food and a mug of tea. Having regaled himself, he hustles to the ship to see how his...employees...were doing.

The morning sun had annoyed Vincent for the last time. It seemed that no matter how he lay, the sun found his eyes. He groaned and slowly inched himself up, throwing the raggedy sheet he used for a blanket into the alley. He stood and stretched, grinning at the prospect of swiping some gold off some foolhardy adventurer. He checked to make sure his daggers and pistol were secure in his belt. Once he knew they were, he stepped into the crowds of Freland looking for his newest victim. Scanning the people, he didn't really see much for opportunity.

"Drat! I need a better vantage." Crossing through the crowd, he climbed to the top of a stack of boxes, getting some looks from the passersby. He really didn't care, he just needed to keep eyes on who was passing.

The crew bustle about the ship, making sure provisions are stocked and that everything is functional. Elizabeth smiles. They don't have all too much in the way of provisions, and the ship could be better, but it was ENOUGH. She addressed the navigator. "Set a course for Mor'Vekt, we shall raid ship on the way, stop there briefly, then head up to As'Teton." Elizabeth smiles. "Prepare to set sail."

Ivory was gazing out at the glittering sea in the coming daylight when she decided she would grab breakfast at the Inn. She makes her way off The Lioness and walks down the harbor toward the Inn. She notices a strange man standing atop a stack of boxes, now that's odd...maybe he's looking for someone? Shrugging she continues walking to the Inn her long golden hair flowing in the light breeze.

His eyes rapidly scanned the crowd. There had to be someone...there were plenty of pirates to loot. Heck, this was a pirate town after all. Cursing silently, he jumped down..a couple people giving him the eye as they passed by. Vincent sighed.

"guess today isn't my day..." As he lifted his head, his eye caught the faintest glimpse of blonde hair. "now there's something i don't see everyday." He quickly slipped into the crowd, trying to keep up with the blonde before she disappeared.
With all the people, he couldn't tell if it was a merchant or pirate he was following, but either way he hoped they had something of value for him.

Last edited:
Caspian groaned, and cracked open his eyes slowly. His head was killing him! He rolled over, coughing and saw that he was lying on the tavern floor. He must have gotten knocked out during the fight or something. He got to his feet, groan when the aches and pains came back to him full speed. "Guuh..." He moaned, as he stumbled towards the door, stepping over other passed out people...Or at least he hoped they were passed out.
He let out a sharp yelp as the bright sunlight stabbed him in the eyes, and turned down a dark alley, standing in the shadows for a few minutes while his eyes adjusted.
After that, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked off to find some breakfast.

Ivory noticed the strange man had left his stack of crates, she couldnt spot him in the crowd but she had a sensation of someone watching her intently. Keeping aware of her surroundings she walks toward the Inn entrance stopping for a moment at the doors to glance back subtly to see if she was being followed. Catching a glimpse of the crate man she grins her dark blue eyes mischievous, I have a feeling this isnt coincidence. She walks into the Inn sitting at a table in the back next to a window her back to it so she had a clear - well relatively clear view of the Inn common room.

Vincent had watched her enter the inn and cursed slightly. If he tried pickpocketing her there..and was caught..well, it could mean a lot of bad things for him. Still, he was tempted to test his luck. As he approached the inn, a little kid ran up to him. It was one of his runners.

The kid leaned in close and whispered. "Backalley. Got some news for you. Some of me dock lads said they might have seen the pirate sea rose come into port." He sighed as he playfully whacked the kid on the head. "She's called the Rose of the Sea...not Sea rose. She heard you say that she just might beat you up kid. Now get away and keep listening."
The kid giggled and ran off, causing Vincent to sigh. If worse can to worse, she'd spot him moment he entered. Shrugging, he entered the front doors looking for the blonde pirate.

Ivory had just gotten done ordering eggs and ham with bread and a mug of ale when she saw the strange handsome man enter the Inn. She smiled slightly, So he is following me, now to find out what for, to pickpocket? Or inquire about a job? Or to flirt? Ivory leans back slightly in her chair not making any attempt to hide, her vivid blue eyes focused on the man. As the barmaiden returns with her food and ale she pays her a 2gp smiling softly telling her to keep the change. The barmaiden smiles brightly and rushes back to the kitchen

Vincent smirked as he saw the pirate beauty focused on him and him alone. so she saw me after all eh? Then she probably knows i was tailing her as well. He wasted no time walking over to her. "Mind if i sit?" He gestured to a empty chair beside her.

Ivory smiled seeing the man approach her "If you keep your hands to yourself then by all means" She gestures to the chair her voice friendly with a hint of a deadly undertone. She takes a drink of her ale curious of what this man could want with her, determined to remain polite she motions a barmaiden over. "Would you like something to eat or drink? Dont worry its on me Mr. ?"

He smiled politely. She's got me pegged. Man she's good! "Vincent..though me friends call me Backalley. Flagon of ale sweetheart. Thank ye!" He winked at the barmaid seeing her blush as she left. "now granted..i was thinking of swipin what ya had if i got a chance...but i might've lost a hand or more in the process i think...specially if you're the infamous Rose of the Sea. "

He held her gaze, not wanting to seem intimidated or weak. "so i figured i'd offer services of trade instead. Figure i might have something you need..or want." He smiled as the maid returned with his ale.

Ivory smiles her suspicions confirmed but she was taking a strange liking to the man, even if he was a thief. I cant very well blame him much life can be hard, Ive done my share of thieving. Hearing her pirate title she laughs softly "Infamous huh? I didnt know I had become so well known. I dont think it would be a hand....Maybe a finger" her voice is teasing her eyes bright. She gives the barmaiden another 1gp as she leaves. "Its nice to meet you Vincent Im Ivory. Well what kind of trade would you be offering? Theres many things a lad or lady could want, did you have something in mind?" She gazes back at him relaxed her eyes aware of Vincent's every move.

He grinned as he laughed. "spirited..wonderful! It is a pleasure Ivory..truly. Now for trade..depends on what you want and how much. You see..."
For this he leaned in close enough to whisper to her, but still be cautious if she tried anything funny.
"I am quite the artist of illegal trade here on Freland. The expert some would say."

He leaned back and took a drink.
"Silks, slaves, crew, gold, information....
You tell me what you need...and i can likely get it.
Fees included of course!"

He gulped down a mouthful of ale, setting the mostly empty flagon on the table.
"So what say you Rose of the sea? Shall we do business?"

Ivory keeps her gaze upon him listening intently a small smile on her lips. But when he mentions slaves her smile fades and her eyes grow cold. "No slaves or any forcing yourself upon anyone unwilling. I do not stand for that and I wont trade with any that do, nor will I let any of my crew take part in it either". her voice is strong and deadly. She takes a long drink of her ale downing half the mug as she waits for his reaction to her declaration.

Vincent nods casually. "i usually don't deal in slaves. I have in the past for some clients..but non-talkable cargo seems to be much easier to smuggle. Not trying to be crude mind you..just honest. You know where i stand..just as i know where you stand. "
suddenly his tone is business and very serious.
"As for forcing, slave or not..not my thing. Besides, usually too busy wheelin and dealin to be with a woman."

He chuckles after that, taking a small sip.
"Well, now that our pleasantries are settled and we've gotten to know each other...what say you Ivory? Care to wage some deals?"
He extends his hand towards her.

Daliaghna Blackwater

The sea air smelled stale and metallic. Daliaghna Blackwater stood regally in the rigging of her ship, The Screaming Siren. She sighed slightly, rubbing the bridge of her nose as the helmsman expertly piloted the vessel into the port of Freeland. "We're here M'lady." The bos'n spoke as he walked toward the captain. Her golden eyes snapped onto the man, glaring him back down. "I can see that, idiot." She snapped. The man smiled sheepishly at her. Stepping down to the deck the woman ordered the gangplank lowered onto the dock. The ship groaned underneath them, they had sustained a lot of damage from their last plunder, losing several good crewmen. However, the plinking of her very full gold pouch told her they were easily replaceable. "Bos'n, get the men working on repairing the body of my lovely lady." "Aye m'lady!" There was the hollow clunking of the woman's boots as she walked across the deck and down the gangplank. She was headed to find more men. Several men gaped at her as she passed, whispering her name "Black Dahlia" they called her. She smirked slightly. The name had been started by a pair of Eastern fishermen she'd come upon in the faraway seas. They could not speak her language and as she introduced herself Daliaghna Blackwater had been shortened and translated into Black Dahlia. She had shown the cowering filth mercy, slaying the rest of their crew members. They scattered after she'd left, spreading story far and wide of a vicious fiery she devil pirate named Black Dahlia. Not that she minded the name, of course. On the contrary, she found it suited her and struck fear where she wanted it struck. The woman swept down the crowded town streets and alleyways, her long black coat flowing behind her. She kept a dark glare on her face, frightening away the men that stared at the frightening, yet alluring pirate. She was dressed for combat in black leather boots and black pants made for movement. On top she wore a white men's blouse under a red corset and the coat that she wore everywhere, which reached almost to the floor behind her. Her red hair was adorned with her captain's cap. Up ahead she spotted the tavern where she hoped she could find the men she needed. "The Final Resting Place" it was called. Suitable, for many a man had lost his life in the useless brawls of drunkards. She slammed the door open, stepping inside the dimly lit tavern. It reeked of alcohol and body odor. Her boots were the only sound as conversation lulled around her. The dark woman strode to an open table by the fireplace, instantly seating herself in a chair and leaning back, placing her feet upon the table. She tossed a coin to a passing barmaiden, ordering herself a flask of rum. Daliaghna cracked her knuckles, resting them on her thigh. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for likely men to join her crew.

Vincent nods casually. "i usually don't deal in slaves. I have in the past for some clients..but non-talkable cargo seems to be much easier to smuggle. Not trying to be crude mind you..just honest. You know where i stand..just as i know where you stand. "
suddenly his tone is business and very serious.
"As for forcing, slave or not..not my thing. Besides, usually too busy wheelin and dealin to be with a woman."

He chuckles after that, taking a small sip.
"Well, now that our pleasantries are settled and we've gotten to know each other...what say you Ivory? Care to wage some deals?"
He extends his hand towards her.
Ivory stares at Vincent intently for a moment measuring whether he could be trusted and if he was worth bartering with. Deciding to give him a chance she takes his hand shaking it her grip gentle but strong. "Aye Vincent I do, You have good timing for I am about to ship out in the next hour. I was hoping to...Acquire some rare supplies before I depart"

Status
Not open for further replies.