The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ragnarok was on his third steak when the man walked over to him. He wasn't there for him though, not exactly. Just the shirt as it turned out. As he approached, Ragnarok stopped eating and turned to look at the man, getting his features in and memorizing them, analyzing while he was at it. He looked like a worm of a man to him, small and lean and thin. Though the color of their hair matched, Ragnarok believed they could not be more different. He watched the man turn as if to leave and went back to his meal. What did he care about a shirt he had used as bandage? As he turned back to his plate, he saw a hand near it and followed the arm up to a pale faced man, scrawny and dirty and probably some lowlife pirate who thought to take a chance and get some coin, as chances were likely all he ever took. Ragnarok had no time for this, and turned back to his plate. "I'm trying to eat, if that isn't too much of an issue with you."

"And I'm trying to make some coin, if that's not an issue with you," said the man, his voice raspy and dirty. Ragnarok visibly sagged at the man. He had no time or patience for his like and wanted only to eat and be gone. He would greatly appreciate it if someone were to take him off his hands for him sot hat he could continue eating...

"A pleasure Daliaghna. Now tell me, is there something you would like Backalley to get for you? Not to boast, but I am the best smuggler Freland has to offer. You tell me what you need and i'll more than likely be able to get it for ye." The woman couldn't help but smile slightly at the man's ways. A smuggler, hmm? Now what could I do with a smuggler.... Before she could answer a large man entered the tavern, heading over to the bar and sitting down to a meal of 4 very large and bloody steaks. That's when Vincent stood. "I hope you'll excuse me Lady Dahlia, but i must be off. If you need my services for...whatever you need...please don't wait to find me in the harbor. I'll be looking for you." With a wink he was off. He walked over toward the large man and picked up a scrap of bloody cloth off the floor before turning back to her, bowing, and leaving. She turned back to watch the huge bear of a man. He must've been the man the boy was talking about earlier, the one who'd been stabbed. However, he looked just fine to her. She watched as a weasel of a man slunk his way over to the bear man, quite obviously pestering him for some sort of money. Standing, the redhaired woman walked closer just in time to hear the words exchanged between the two men. "I'm trying to eat, if that isn't too much of an issue with you." "And I'm trying to make some coin, if that's not an issue with you," If there was one thing she hated worse than drunkards it was weasel scum like this man. With two more steps she was directly to the left of the bear man, with her sword tip thrust under the exposed white flesh of the weasel. "I'm sorry, but I thought I heard that you were just leaving?" She glowered menacingly at the man, her aura was as always working it's effects on him. "Lest you should leave while I have a right mind to let you go and not slit your sorry arse from gut to gullet." "I-I'm sorry miss, won't be making no more trouble for ye. I was just leaving." And with no more ceremony the weasely little man scuttled off to find some place else to stick his grubby little hands. "Sorry about that mate." She turned to the man on her left, appraising him with her eyes.

Now came someone from the left, a woman by the sounds of it, who'd drawn a blade and was pointing it at his would be thief. Could be she was trying to help him out. Was probably just trying to muscle the low timer out of the way so that she could get at him herself. Either way, it took balls of some sort to interrupt a man who was interrupting another man while he was eating with a sword. Looking to his left, he got a better look at the woman, chewing on a piece of steak. She didn't look so wormy as the last person who had walked up to him and he realized that this was who the worm had been talking to... or was it? He hadn't gotten that good of a look, after all. What he did know was that the weasel to his right was shifting in the winds and, to his pleasure, he was free to eat again, save for the woman to his left that was.

"My heroine," he said quietly, cutting into his last steak and taking a small bite of it. His chest was almost completely cured of the rot now and his gut was healed just as well. At this point he was eating to fill himself, his body could take care of itself past this point. Still, he might as well help it along since he was eating. He cut another piece off and nibbled away at some fat, spitting it out on his plate and asking, "Do you have a name I can call you by or would you prefer I give you a name?" He looked her over again, remembering he had thought her maybe a prostitute before. Working women didn't carry sword though, not usually. Probably a member of some crew, maybe even a captain of a ship he'd never heard of like he was captain of one she had never heard of. Who could say? If she told him she told him, if not she'd be a nameless, faceless heroine who let him eat without the company of weasels and worms alike.

Vincent grinned as he watched the deadly pirate sweep in and persuade the lowly gentleman to back off. He laughed silently. Leave it to a pirate. He left after that to find Willie and give him a stern talking to.
He found him by the harbor, staring out at the sea. As he approached, Willie spoke.
"I know boss...i messed up bad. I know i did."

Vincent loved these kids. They were family pretty much. An illegal thieving smuggling family, but family nonetheless. He tossed the shirt near his feet. "He could have killed you Willie. Keep that in mind. Clean up your shirt and get a couple lookouts on the street, hidden well. We might be getting some business soon." Willie grabbed his shirt.
"From who boss?"
He smirked as he ripped a small chuck from the bread he carried with him.
"From the Black Dahlia. If she comes to port looking for me, then i need her to find me."

Willie nodded. "Right away boss."
He scooted off to get the arrangements ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.