• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Renose

Balancer of Chaos
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
"Wouldn't life be awesome if it was an RPG?"

This is a question alot of people often ask. What if everyone had Stats, you could identify a person just by looking above their head, and after just a bit of hard work or fighting you find yourself growing stronger?

Well one group of individuals in the city of Neo Tokyo located in Japerica (yea yea, ridiculous names I know) gets to find out not only the answer to that very question, but much more about the world than anyone could ever imagine finding. Their journey to discover both the answer to this question and the answers about the world around them come in the form of a strange power simply known as:

[The Gamer]

This group of Japericans, regardless of whether or not they are natives or actual 'Gamers', find themselves with this aptly named power. They now have Stats, can gain EXP, can see the names of anyone floating above their heads, and even possess Skills that they can utilize freely.

This one question has now turned into several. Where will this power take them? Just how much will their world be expanded and further mystified by this power? And just what will they do with it?

Well there's only one way to find out. And that's to come in, and Game On.

So this is The Gamers, an RPG RP based on the Manwha known as 'The Gamer'. If you're too busy / lazy to read it, all one needs to know is that the main character gets a power known as The Gamer that makes him just like an MMORPG Character. He has Stats, an Inventory, Skills, etc.

And speaking of Stats, your characters will have Stats as well. The Game System will be posted on the actual thread itself, but basically you will be building a character from their Stats and starting Skills, to their personality and other characteristics. But essentially, Dice Rolls will be used to determine the outcome of various events from attacks in combat to attempts of negotiation.

I am looking for 4 - 6 players of adept writing level or higher. The posting speed should be pretty moderate, with at least the ability to post around three times a week or so. Hopefully more whenever Combat comes around. Ill be making an OOC once I have around 4 people (although I do have a couple spots reserved already)

The RP will be centered around these 'Gamers' not only discovering their power, but the world around them as well and deciding just what they are going to do with their power. What sort of enemies and allies will they make. Will they stick together with each other, or go off on their own? Just why do they have this power?

There will be alot of questions to answer and alot of abilities to discover on their adventures that will mayhaps be able to take them to all sorts of different places.

So come on down, and join for an adventure of fantasy and intrigue in:

The Gamers

By the way, I do have a Skype group set up for this. Its not required to join, but it makes OOC communication alot easier.

*Waves* There's no way I'm giving this roleplay up! We're at it again ladies~

• Love
Reactions: Sairoh
Just need 2 - 4 more.

What are you planning on changing from the original, Renose?

What are you planning on changing from the original, Renose?

A good bit. Don't worry about that. Lowering Rei's level, adding a couple new mechanics to change how a couple of things work (like better mechanics for the Inventory Management. It'll make STR more useful).

Definitely changing how the story will begin. We went way too soon into a huge event like the Arcadia Games.

A good bit. Don't worry about that. Lowering Rei's level, adding a couple new mechanics to change how a couple of things work (like better mechanics for the Inventory Management. It'll make STR more useful).

Definitely changing how the story will begin. We went way too soon into a huge event like the Arcadia Games.

Its good to throw huge events, but not huge events that the players have no chance of winning against at all from the moment they enter.

Is there a reason why Rei would exist at all, outside of you wanting to also play? If the Gamers ability can make menus and stuff appear, why not just have something like a fairy or whatever else serve as the mechanics and exposition machine?

Is there a reason why Rei would exist at all, outside of you wanting to also play? If the Gamers ability can make menus and stuff appear, why not just have something like a fairy or whatever else serve as the mechanics and exposition machine?

There is actually a reasoning behind it outside of just being a way for the Gamers to quickly learn what they can do and for me having a chara. (But yea, I plan on changing a few things concerning him, don't worry about that.)

Of course, The Gamers don't have to go meet Rei if they don't want to. They could figure out what their powers can do without him, then meet him later.

But yea, the OOC should be done either tonight or tomorrow morning

Hopefully we can get a few more though by then.

Oh yeah, I'd prefer if this was on Discord chat instead of Skype, because Skype's dead to me.

Reactions: Wen