• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
If you had asked Thomas 17 years ago that he would end up living in the middle of nowhere, away from the lights and the fame of New York City, he probably would have scoffed and refuted it intensely. Yet, 17 years later, here he was, living in a country mansion with his brother and Orian, genuinely rather liking the peace and quiet the countryside provided. In another 20 years, he'd probably grow bored and end up back in a new city under a new name to seek fame again as someone new and someone different, because he loved the attention of it all, but for now, it was admittedly nice to just relax and not rush out to fashion events and parties every night of the week.

Besides, he had Orian now, and he at least distracted Thomas for growing too bored in the quiet of the rural setting. He didn't kill Orian, simply because he did enjoy his company. In 17 years, he hadn't done anything too bad to him. He didn't hit him, torture him or even threaten to kill him that often. He just liked having Orian do things for him, like a human pet - even if Orian had his body full of vampire blood at this point, to keep him young. If he did age, Thomas probably would have killed him by now. Instead of that, he'd kept him alive, and even though he knew Orian probably detested the ground he walked on, he liked to think he and the human were relatively close... well, as close as a vampire could be to the human he was forcefully keeping at his side as a practical pet.

Which was why Thomas had Orian accompany him on a ride to the local store a few miles away. Like hell was he prepared to leave him - wherever Thomas went, he made Orian come along, just for the sheer fun of it. He did like teasing the human for his own amusement, and, given how there was nothing else to do, it meant Orian had to put up with it most hours of the day. However, it was probably a good thing that Thomas had decided to head out for an hour or two without his brother, because if Thomas had stayed, the day would have quickly turned from peaceful bliss to carnage in seconds.

Why? Because, as Elijah laid there in the sun relaxing, a car pulled up in front of the country home and, strolling out of it, two girls made their appearance. One of the two, a beautiful blonde girl, adjusted her sunglasses as she stared up at the large home, before peering around the grounds for any sight of physical presence... and then she saw Elijah. Once he came into view, lounging unaware, the blonde grabbed the other girl's hand and tugged her towards Elijah with a confident, perky smile on her full lips.

"You're Elijah, aren't you?" She spoke calmly, grabbing a newspaper cutting from her pocket and holding it up to compare with Elijah, nodding confidently again when she made the link that this was the man - it was easy to find pictures of him, when he'd once bee one of the most famous designers in the world. Brushing her light blonde hair back, she stood straight with her shoulders perfectly poised before flashing a dimpled grin almost identical to Brielle's. Well, it would be, given this was one of her three children and, thus, Elijah's daughter. Now, of course Brielle didn't know her children had headed off to track down their father. After Elijah's threats, Brielle had stayed away, knowing of the consequences if she dared return to find her best friend or Eli... but her children clearly decided to go it on their own.

The blonde girl -Emily- was, almost predictably, beautiful: the perfect mix of both her parents. Clearly, she was the 'it' girl; the stereotypical popular girl from all those high school teen drama movies. She had the perfect features, the perfect posture, the body and the makeup... and she had all the confidence that Elijah possessed. She knew she was pretty much gorgeous, and she wasn't afraid to tell people that, or show them how confident she was. Placing a hand on her hip, she shot a cold glare to her side for her sister to speak up. "I'm not doing this alone, we promised we'd do this together. Don't chicken out on me, like you always do."

403.jpg

"I...I can't help if I don't want to do this! Gosh, Emily, look at how he's looking at us!" The other, a brunette, mumbled as she nervously tucked her hair behind her ear, and bit at her nails. Eva, her name, was far different from her sister. She wasn't confident like her mother or father, and slouched her shoulders. Sure she was gorgeous, but she always hid in her sister's shadow, feeling comfortable to let her sister speak for her, and everything else. Naturally her hair is as raven black as her father's, however she dyed her hair brown, feeling it suited her better than the dark black."...Um...Elijah...I'm Eva...That's um...Emily...We-"
img1498757893875.jpg
"Are trespassing. How did you even get past the gates?! Who allowed you two entrance?! I demand to know, they should be fired!" Snapped the man as he stood up angrily glaring at the girls.

Eva squeaked from the sudden anger and literally his behind her sister. "Sorry! Sorry! Emily, I told you this was stupid!" She whimpered.

"What, are you two fans? Listen I don't work in the fashion industry any more, so leave. Before I call security and have you two arrested for being on private property."

Unlike her skittishly nervous sister, Emily stood her ground with a perfectly arched brow, arms folding over her chest. Elijah was incredibly tall, and intimidating with it, but Emily was far from being scared. This man was her father, and even though Brielle hadn't been very... complimentary about him, Emily had travelled miles and miles to meet him. Like hell was she going to be scared off because he was jumping ahead without letting her sister finish her sentence.

"Don't you dare go anywhere, Eva. Stop being so damn nervous, would you? I said I'd look after you, that I'd protect you if anything went wrong, hm? So stay there, suck it up and get a backbone," the elder of the triplets muttered, grabbing her sister's hand tightly as a physical show of her support. Emily was popular and confident and everything her sister wasn't... but she was still her sister, and she was going to support and protect her regardless of the differences in their personalities.

"Listen, idiot, we're not your fucking fans," she suddenly muttered. She never spoke to Brielle like that, but Brielle had been there for 17 years and she loved her mother dearly. Elijah was a stranger to them: a man who had treated Brielle awfully during her undercover work, a man who had called her some horrible names. Granted, he saved her life and protected her by sending her away, but that didn't mean Emily was going to run to him and hug him tightly. She wanted to meet him, but he had a lot of making up to do before she began calling him Dad and treated him like one. "We're your children. Our mom doesn't know we're here, she didn't break your fucking agreement with her. She kept us away, but you know, maybe we wanted to meet the man who, you know, got our mother pregnant and then spent 17 years not bothering to even secretly visit us."

Elijah's blood went cold at hearing this. This was....Two of his children. Glancing at their faces he did begin to see Brielle in the as well as himself. Instantly, his body washed over with relief and love. He didn't know if they had made it or not. Scooping his daughters up in a bear hug, he laughed a bit as a few tears prickled in his eyes.

Eva squeaked from the tight hug, and glanced at her sister awkwardly before giving the man a smile. "U-Um....E-Elijah-"

"Emily right? You act just like that mother of yours. How have you been...I'm sorry I couldn't come see you, Thomas would have....Thomas...You two can't be Here. Leave before Thomas comes back, he'll kill you two."

"W-Wait! No...We...We finally saw you.." Whimpered Eva as she glanced at her sister wondering what they should do.

Emily did stiffen uncomfortably at the hug, her frown remaining frozen on her face. She wanted to yell at the man that his emotions weren't admired, that she and her sister and their brother had spent years questioning Brielle on Father's Day where their father was, why their friends had fathers come to school plays and sports days and they didn't. His emotions now weren't enough to make up for 17 years of abandonment and hurt-- and it stung even more that he was actually suggesting they leave.

"...Fuck you. No way are we leaving. You're going to invite us in, sit us down and explain why you've been a stranger. Thomas-- our uncle, right? You look him in the face and tell him who we are. We're your daughters, we should come first," she demanded with a bitter hiss to her voice, which was both perfectly understandable... and eerily similar to Brielle when she got angry. "You know, our brother's in the car right now because he doesn't want to see you. He drove us here but he's refusing to come out because he'll lose his temper and end up screaming at you. You're our father! You... You really should have been there, so no, we aren't going-- get it together, Eva, we aren't leaving, hm~? Not until we get answers--"

"The guy fucking said we should go, so how about we go now?" Jared mumbled, the figure of the last triplet coming into view just after the sound of a car door slammed shut. The youngest triplet stood with his arms folded over his chest, doing his best to just avoid looking at Elijah, and instead focusing on his sisters. He was pretty much the spitting image of Elijah. He was tall, well-built, incredibly attractive, with a dark, mysterious, almost intriguing aura around him. Hell, the frown was the same way Elijah frowned. "...Mom's going to be back home in, like, an hour. She's gonna freak if we're not there, and like hell do I wanna stay with this asshole."

627.jpg

Elijah stared at all three of his children. They were his. His little creations. Creations he missed out on. Of course they were angry, but..What else could he have done? Thomas wanted them dead. Tried to kill them, and thought he did. If Thomas knew the babies survived and were here? He would kill them.

Eva grimaced at her siblings before standing in the middle, trying to calm them down. "G-Guys...Let's come down....He...He's still our father. We should listen to what he's got to say-"

"They're right... Eva I'm a terrible person. Yes I wanted to be in your life. I wanted to be a father. Be a better father than my own...But....I chose my brother over you three. He wanted you three dead. Tried to kill you three and nearly did. I...I sent you away instead of running away with your mother, because I was a coward. I was afraid to be a father...Afraid to do anything without my twin. I rely on him."

Eva listened, a bit upset hearing he really did choose his brother over them.

"..I told your mother never to tell you three I was your father. I knew this would happen." He sighed as he grabbed his ice tea.

"Our mother is not to blame for this shitstorm you created, Elijah, so don't even think of blaming her. We wouldn't stop asking her and she finally gave in and told us everything. We're half-vampire. Obviously we were going to find you eventually. You know, we don't die or age? If it had taken us a century to track you down, we were going to find you. But hey, you continue to be a shitty father and a shitty man, you've done it for 17 years already," spat Jared, his fangs making an appearance in anger-- which was only expected. How was it not to be inevitable? He had spent his childhood at baseball or soccer practises, watching other boys his age with their fathers helping them out and cheering from the sidelines, whereas, with Brielle working hard, he had had nobody. And even now, Elijah was admitting he chose his brother and, from his words, appeared to still be choosing him. It was going to hurt, obviously.

"...So you want us to just go, do you?" Emily muttered, her own anger having been replaced by instant upset. She acted strong, but she was vulnerable, and she was just a girl who was trying to come to terms with the fact her own father had taken the coward's option by leaving Brielle to raise the triplets alone. "Because we won't come back, you know. I'll never come to see you again. Mom said you were an asshole. I thought she was bitter, but god, you're a total jerk!"

"...Why don't you three come inside...We can properly talk about this inside." Stated Elijah as he grabbed his towel. He was only wearing boxers and he would like to cover up.

Eva, being far more understanding than her siblings glanced at the two hopefully. "...Please? We...We can talk this over." Was she hurt? Sure she was. She never got to go to Daddy Daughter dances. Never had her daddy to hug her when she fell off her bike, never got to bring home Father's day gifts. Or anything. She....Felt like she missed out on a lot. But she did want to rekindle all of that.

Emily sucked in air between her teeth to calm herself down, lips pursing as she looked upwards at the sky and, after popping a chewing gum in her mouth, glanced back over at the man with a shrug of agreement. She didn't really want to leave, even if she seemed to want to do just that. She was furious and angry... but she'd travelled miles to get here. She wanted answers, but mostly, she just wanted to spend time with the man who helped create her. She was 17, almost a young woman - she wanted to spend some time with her father, and this was the only chance she was apparently going to get.

However, their brother didn't seem as eager. Instead of reluctant agreement, he scoffed loudly and rolled his eyes, which did give him the striking resemblance -ironically- to the man he didn't want to get to know. "I'd rather stick pins in my eyes," he began gruffly, shrugging his broad shoulders and locking eyes with Elijah finally. "I want you to know I hate your guts, Elijah, and I'd rather see you dead than spend time with you--"

"Don't be an asshole! He's still our Dad! Just-- ignore him, he's all bitchy because he royally fucked up and got both his girlfriends pregnant, and now they're all hormonal and shit-- hey, this is like what you did to our Mom, Eli! Like father, like son~"

"...That's so not fair. I've been with Rachel since I was 14, and then we got with Mollie last year. You know, I love them. Our so-called Dad treated Mom like shit," snapped Jared in return, beginning to bicker with his sister as he usually did. It was normal, and even rather cute.

Eva looked at her siblings arguing with a slight frown before following their father into the gorgeous mansion. Her eyes were wide at how...Luxuriously he had been living. "....Wow Elijah...This is you and Thomas's home?"

"One of them." Mumbled the vampire carelessly as he went into the living room, sitting down on the white leather couch. "Now...Eva, Emily, and Jared.... Tell me about yourselves."

Eva nervously fiddled with her hands before mumbling, "I'm in chess club...And I part time at a shelter for animals...And um...."

"She's a nerd. She's top of all our classes at school and she goes to these after-school clubs for excelling students to give her a better chance of getting into, like, a good university," drawled Emily as she seated herself beside her sister, though the expression on her face was one of pride. Her sister was the polar opposite to her, but she was extremely proud of the girl. She was the only one out of the triplets who was expected to go to university and do these amazing things. "She's so compassionate and kind, everyone loves her. She's gonna make a whole lot of money and buy Mom a nice house. We don't live anywhere like this. We have a crappy apartment and it gets broken into the whole damn time by druggies and alcoholics and... it really isn't pretty--"

"While you get to live in a nice mansion. How does that feel, then? The fact your kids live in a shitty downtown place while you're in a nice mansion in the country?" Jared questioned, clearly the one triplet who was the angriest at his father-- or at least the only one who was willing to voice it aloud. Instead of sitting, he stood near the fireplace, picking up random ornaments to inspect them. "...I'm a total fuck-up, by the way. Didn't have a Dad to teach me what was right and wrong, so I totally blame you--"

"How's it his fault? I turned out fine. Eva definitely turned out okay. You can't blame this on Elijah-- we'd be dead if he didn't get Mom out, you know that. He could have visited secretly, but... but we at least owe him our lives, and Mom's life, and--"

"I don't give a fuck! Let's get this straight, old man. I want nothing to do with you. I'm just here 'cause my sisters are naive enough to think you wanna be around 'em. I have better people to be with, like my girlfriends, or my friends, or my Mom."

"Quiet." Hissed Elijah with a cold icy glare. "Do you even know what you're saying? Visit you in secrecy, are you crazy? Thomas would have found out and killed you. You don't even realize the danger you're in by just being here. I want to make this work, but blaming me for the way you turned out isn't my fault. Now Jared sit down, and stop touching things. You'll smudge them. Thomas will have a fit." Grumbled the man before his stare soften as he looked at Eva. "A nerd? I prefer scholar. I was quite the smart one as a child as well. Well I did have the best education money could buy. I know it's late in your lives...But I could fund you three. Send your mother money to get you three into a better home. And better school....And your girlfriends Jared....Do they know what you are? I'm amazed they are even alive. Well you aren't a full vampire I suppose."

"Emily, tell me about yourself. I'm sure you're much like your mother. You seem the most alike her. Eva seems a lot like me...Before I became cold hearted."

"Mom won't accept anything from you, she kinda hates your guts," admitted Emily, though that was hardly going to be a surprise to Elijah, which was why she was happy to casually say it. She was somewhere inbetween her brother and her sister. On one hand, she wanted to open up to Elijah like Eva and just enjoy the moment of normality, yet on the other, she wanted to scream at the man and make him feel shitty for not even trying to see them. He was continuing to put his brother first, and sure, it pissed her off... but she couldn't do what Jared was doing. Jared was taking things too far, and Emily only relaxed when seeing her brother grumpily sit on the couch.

"I'm not smart like Eva. I just... I wanted to be a vet, but I'm not smart enough for that. I like dancing. I go to dance classes and Mom has to work, like, two jobs to pay for it, but I've been in a ton of competitions around the country, so I sorta wanna do that. I'm good at that and... and hey, if I make it, I can get a house like this. It's real nice, Elijah--"

"Why are you telling him this? And hey, don't you fucking dare talk to me like that again, Elijah. You have no right, really," began Jared deeply, resting against the back of the couch with a casual shrug. "My girlfriends? I turned 'em. I turned my Mom too, obviously. I wasn't gonna let her fucking grow old and die, was I? Do you even care how fucked up my life is? Eva's smart, Emily's a rad dancer-- you know what skills I have? I can snort some coke and smoke some weed without getting too fucked up. Benefits of being half vampire and all."

Elijah looked at Jared tiredly. Sighing heavily, he snapped his fingers and his servants brought in a tray for tea. "You have quiet the vocabulary Jared. Tell me something Positive about yourself...Like do you know how to properly hunt? Are you in sports? And Emily, I don't care what your mother says I will fund you. I forced her to do plenty of things."

Eva glanced at her father, and then at the human servant who had vampire bites on her neck. Grimacing she glanced at Elijah realizing he probably didn't care much for humans. "Um, Elijah?"

"Yes?" He answered sipping his tea.

"...Why didn't you...Contact us?"

"Simple. Thomas ran things here. He still does. He would know. He knows everything..."

"Or he didn't really care, who knows? I don't trust him to tell the truth. This is the man that made our Mom feel like shit when she worked for him. He's the guy that killed and massacred people, Eva. Why do you care what he thinks? And no, we don't hunt. Mom doesn't want us doing that animalistic shit. She gets blood packs from the hospital she works at, it's pretty safe and nobody gets hurt. We're civilised, we ain't monsters," argued Jared, who, with his arms rested behind his head and his fierce glare, was looking at Elijah the way Elijah had looked at Brielle all those years ago when he first met her: with absolute hatred and disgust.

"I don't do anything. I don't have hobbies, I don't work. I'm lazy," he shrugged casually, while eyeing the human servant absently. "I mean, I'm 17 and I got two girls pregnant. I ain't going to get into Harvard anything time soon, Elijah--"

"...He has a band, he's really good actually. It's not my music taste, but he played a few local gigs at small clubs until Mollie and Rachel got pregnant. He can play the guitar, totally self-taught. It's pretty cool..."

"A music lover. How nice." He mumbled with his eyes on his son. If it weren't for the way Jared looked just like him, then he would have thought Jared wasn't his son. Elijah never swore. That was beneath him. "...Hunting isn't animalistic. What's savage is befriending humans. Humans are beneath you. You come from a long line of vampires. Humans are simply prey. So you haven't had blood from the vein before?" He arched a brow, before snapping his fingers again.

The servant girl got on her knees and offered her neck to Jared. Eva let out a slight gasp, her eyes side at seeing the servant offer herself. "..Elijah?"

"Drink. Blood bags aren't nearly as filling as fresh blood is. She has a unique taste to. Sweet, but slightly salty. A delicious combination. Unless you prefer spicy. I believe we have a servant here with spicy tasting blood. He's Thomas favorite. Second to Orian."

"Humans ain't beneath us, asshole. My girlfriends were human, my Mom was human when you had sex with her, right? Don't be a hypocrite. We ain't monsters. Our Mom taught us to be civilised and to be good people. I ain't doing something like this. I'm a fuck up, but I'm not cruel," replied Jared easily, his dialect and his form of grammar completely different to Elijah's. Eli was well-spoken and didn't use slang or bad language, whereas Jared didn't go a sentence without using them. He was always pretty different to his notoriously violent father if he was refusing to even drink from a human which, for a vampire, was probably expected.

Brielle played a part in that. As soon as her children were born craving blood, she made sure to get it from the hospital. When they got older and when Jared turned her, she never let her guard down. She taught them that they were still good people with humanity and nobody needed to be hurt for them to be fed.

"...I don't like this," began Emily, who seemed to mirror her brother's look of horror. "This is awful, s-stop it, Elijah! We don't-- We don't do this, our Mom--"

What Emily was going to say didn't really matter. Not when she heard the sound of a car pulling up outside, the sound of footsteps nearing the door, and then the door being opened at such a force that the sound reverberated loudly in the large home. Initially, Emily froze and looked as frightened as a child, clutching her sister's hand-- and physically relaxed when seeing Brielle enter, before confusion set in. "--M-Mom--"

"Get outside and get into the car. NOW. Next time you want to do something like this, honey, I suggest not messaging me with your location tracker on. Not if you wanted me not to notice. Do you know how f-fucking worried I was, to see you so far out of town, so f-far from home?! And... And it really didn't take me long to figure out who'd live in the middle of nowhere," snapped the woman, her hands on her hips as she finally shot a glance towards Elijah. She didn't look any different to how she had been back all those years ago, the only real difference being her more motherly blonde coloured hair... but even then, she had pink streaks running through it.

"I didn't want to come, don't fucking look at me like that," she muttered, while grabbing Jared's hand to tug him up off the couch and gave him a hard push to the door. "All of you, get out and get in the car-- Jared, you drive you car back. We need to go and no way are you coming back here. What have I told you about your... about Elijah?! About his f-fucking sociopathic brother?! Do you want to get killed?! Because his asshole brother will kill you, so let's go, hm? Preferably before that psycho realises."

"Even now you never fail to deliver a headache. And they aren't leaving yet. I was speaking to my children. I'm allowed that, aren't I Briana?" He mumbled, purposely getting her name wrong as he sipped tea.

Eva was the only one still sitting. Why? Well because she desperately wanted a relationship with the man. This man was her father! Half of her was him. She...She wanted to know more about him. More about her Winter side. "Momma, please let us talk to him! Elijah was...Wasn't being as cruel as you say he was!"

"....I like this one. She isn't as crude as Jared. Honestly what have you been teaching him? He doesn't even speak proper English."

"Insult my son again, I dare you. I see you're still dependent on your brother, then? Can't go a day without him, can you? Pathetic. Are you sure you're okay being without him for a few minutes? You're not going to get panicked and cry for him, are you Elijah?" The woman taunted without all that much fear of him. She had no reason to fear him now, and she had gone through 17 years of hating him - now was her chance to at least show him how much she detested him.

"I told you to get outside and get in the car, Eva, don't argue with me. Go now before you make me drag you out, darling," the vampire continued, rubbing her temples at her daughter's refusal to leave. Emily had gotten up almost immediately when her mother demanded it, and Jared was perfectly happy to leave-- though he did hang around behind Brielle in case she needed him to defend her. That was looking likely, given how Elijah was acting so cocky and downright annoying. "...Honey, please go out to the car, would you? For Momma? I... I know what's best for you, and this-- him. He's not good for you, okay-?--"

"...There's... M-Momma, there's... there's a car outside." Emily blurted, having wandered towards the door obediently before stopping dead at the sight outside. A fancy, clearly expensive car parked up outside the house, exited by Thomas and Orian. She knew who was Thomas immediately - he was Elijah's twin, and while they weren't identical, they held similarities. The moment he saw the two extra cars in his garden, the vampire pursed his lips, angrily pushed Orian ahead of him and began to storm to the house, which really didn't sit well with Emily who had, simply for protection, rushed back near Elijah. "Is he going to kill us? I-I... he's our uncle, he w-won't kill us, right?"

"Briana I don't understand why you detest me. I spared your meaningless life. Sure I only did if for my children, but I still did it. Emily come sit down. I'll try and persuade to not be so angry." Mumbled Elijah as he put his robe on.

Orian was the first to enter the grand living room. His lifeless face instantly paused seeing all the new faces until his green eyes landed on his best friend. Brielle. Brielle was...Alive? "B...Brielle?" He whispered, tears prickling his eyes.

"Welcome back Orian, yes Brielle is alive. And left you here to save herself. Isn't that just sweet." Cooed Elijah evilly, before he glanced worriedly at his brother. "...Thomas. These are my children. Emily, Eva, and Jared."