The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2 o'clock in the morning. I'll look everyone's CS over when It's not 2 o'clock in the morning.

So, Volt, is Wets making a comeback or are you thinking of slipping a fresh face in here?

I'm seriously considering using Blade again, but I want to play him at a different age, just so it doesn't get boring for you guys. I was thinking about writing him as being much older with a very different temperament. Only problem is that mood change was going to be influenced by stuff that happened in the other Rp, so I guess I'm gonna have to invent some new stuff to justify his personality as an aging fellow.

The interactions with Mosis' character could be really interesting since their background is pretty similar, as was their personality when Blade was younger.

I think you need more swag and a longer prison record to be an OG or so I am told.

I'm seriously considering using Blade again, but I want to play him at a different age, just so it doesn't get boring for you guys. I was thinking about writing him as being much older with a very different temperament. Only problem is that mood change was going to be influenced by stuff that happened in the other Rp, so I guess I'm gonna have to invent some new stuff to justify his personality as an aging fellow.

The interactions with Mosis' character could be really interesting since their background is pretty similar, as was their personality when Blade was younger.
The Sevari you see here is what I originally intended to play in VotS. I imagine that this time around he'll be far more aggressive rather than quiet and brooding. So, you're going to play an older blade this time around who's a bit more calm?

Name: Juin

Race: Dunme, Vampyre

Family Origins: His motherland is Solstheim, though it was Windhelm who raised him.

morrowind_dunmer_by_theminttu-d6528g5.jpg

Equipment: Juin prefers light and durable gear. He wears boiled leather spaulders and a chest guard atop a loose red, belted tunic with a hood often raised. Small pouches hang from his belt for gold, letters, and other small tools. His feet are protected by flexible rough leather greaves. Most uniquely, Juin wears one boiled leather vambrace on his right and a thin steel vambrace wrapped in rough leather and fabric on his left. When out for extended periods of time Juin wears a long, brown cloak over his gear.

Short weapons suit Juin best. He wears a steel dagger on the low of his back and a short sword, roughly the length of his lower arm, on his hip.

Miscellanea: A small satchel hangs off his shoulder. Inside the bag one would find a few days' rations of food and water, a dozen lock picks, a map, and a small diary filled with alchemetic concoctions he has come across. Vials, flowers, and so on either live in his satchel or the small pouches on his belt, depending on fragility and size. Some of the vials are filled with blood.

Favoured Skills: Pickpocket (Highly), One-Handed (Highly), Sneak (Moderately), Alchemy (Somewhat), Lockpicking (Somewhat), Speech (Somewhat)

Character Background:
Early Life said:
Juin was born in Raven Rock a decade shy of the mines drying up. He spent his early years in Solstheim working alongside his father, a merchant, while his mother practiced alchemy. The family exchanged provisions to captains and their crews for gold and, unbeknownst to the child Dunmer, moon sugar. His mother would create Skooma and Balmora Blue to sell to those visiting Solstheim from Skyrim and made a living in this way. After the mines dried up the family boarded the first ship they could.
Early Life said:
Windhelm of the Skyrim's Eastmarch was a cold and bitter place. The move came shortly after the outbreak of the Great War. Every Nord seemed to look on Mer, Dunmer especially, with distaste and suspicion. Such attitudes grew so pervasive that to open their family store, Juin's father had to first partner with a forward-thinking Breton to serve as the 'face of the business'. Sure enough, though, the old ways returned. Sailors purchased salted meats and barrels of wine, paying in gold and moon sugar. Juin's mother refused to sell the drugs within the hold, lest they earn a reputation, and before long she began travelling to the peddle Skooma and Blue Balmora throughout the Rift. Unfortunately, the family would gain notoriety nevertheless. By the end of the Great War and the ascension of Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak to the throne, Windhelm had become a hateful and oppressive place for Dunmer. Anger swayed some to openly vandalize the family shop. On her trips out of the hold, Juin's mother began to notice men stalking her, weapons ready, unsavoury thoughts clearly splayed on their faces. With the help of the Breton the shop could be protected. The last problem, the safety of his mother, was left to Juin.

Leaving Windhelm marked entering adulthood for Juin. He learned the family history, the secrets, and the skills his mother put to use for her trade. Skooma and Balmora Blue were no longer whispered, but discussed openly with the young Dunmer. By the time they'd reached Shor's Stone, Juin felt a proper expert -- even if learned through stories alone. A week had passed since leaving on this trip, but his mother, emboldened by the strong lad beside her, chose one last stop before their return. The stop was a place of rumour just west. Half a day's walk brought them into the foggy wood and to the step of a humble cottage known as Redwater Den. What came after has long since been put from Juin's mind. For the sake of transparency, it should be enough to know that the two were taken for by those afflicted with the most sinister of hungers. His mother did not survive the ordeal. Juin continued as cattle and used for feeding, but never turned. A few years later, by fortune unique for his kind, he was freed by an Imperial Dunmer named Vaylin.

Imperial Life said:
Torture and loss left Juin a stray. Vaylin nursed the young one back to health, cleaning him up as best he could. In time the elder Dunmer gave him the choice to serve those who gave him freedom, or to turn his back and go another way. Seeing the strength and honour of Vaylin, Juin chose the former. Within a fortnight he spoke the Oath. His service began like a squire to a knight, assigned to assist Vaylin in whatever way he could. For a years this consisted mostly of protecting the roads from bandits and highwaymen or quelling supposed rebels inspired by ale rather than politics. Only after nearly two decades did the reality of his occupation become apparent. Juin served under his officer, Vaylin, during the Stormcloak Uprising. He protected Fort Snowhawk and uprooted Stormcloak encampments throughout Hjaalmarch to deny the rebels ground from which to attack Solitude. While investigating rumours of rebels in through the wetlands, Vaylin's troop of Imperials found more than soldiers. Creatures not unlike those of Redwater Den came upon them at dusk. The troop found themselves pushed to a cliff's edge, their ranks thinned, and strength failing. Juin fell into the clutches of one of the yellow-eyed beasts, who rather than tearing out his throat, instead drank. Weakened and bloodied, Juin stumbled backward off the cliff.

Days passed before Juin finally awoke. He found himself outside a cottage in southern Hjaalmarch. A small group of local farmers found him on the riverside, but evidently saw no reason to offer him their kindness. Perhaps his paling skin put them off, or maybe unfamiliarity with a Dunmer entirely. Regardless, once Juin stirred, his mind was not with him A deep and fierce hunger moved Juin to feed upon the farmers. Once the hunger was sated clarity returned, and with it control, memories of the battle, and the realities of his situation. Juin returned to the Legion still tattered and bloodied. The small Imperial Camp he'd found was made up of farmers and smiths turned soldier with little experience with Dunmer, much less a cursed Dunmer. A young and inexperienced healer took one look at Juin and called him unfit for combat.

Recent Life said:
Juin dedicated himself to seeking knowledge about his condition. He learned from experience as well ancient tomes. Given time, he grew to understand the savage call for blood produced from Sanguinare Vampiris. He found how his body changed if not fed and soon developed a routine to ebb such transformations. Only after three years of study did Juin return to civilization. The Dunmer took residence in a humble cottage down the river from Windhelm. He spent much time in the shadows of the city, careful to avoid attention, immersing himself from time to time, but always with care, and always briefly. It was on one such outing near Candlehearth Hall that Juin heard the Empire's Call.

Fighting Style: Agility and precision are of the greatest import to combat. Juin arms himself with light, relatively small weapons to allow for a quick draw and full range of mobility. He believes that while the Imperial training may favour the strong and the heavy, the small and fast is often the victor. Juin uses his quick hand skills with a light blade to put down his enemy however he can, however fast he can. Perhaps better suited for a duel than mass, sustained warfare. Juin's vampirism is a closely held secret. He is careful to remain in control of his hunger and, therefore, does not wilfully take advantage of the abilities in life or combat.

Personality: Juin is a quiet dreamer happy to walk another's road, but with another dearly held in his own mind's eye. As a child, as cattle for a Vampire Den, and even as a soldier, the Dunmer has long followed the will of others rather than his own. Only after isolating himself after becoming infected did he realize the potential of life. Only then did he find an ambition for property, for glory, and for love.

Name: Juin

Race: Dunme, Vampyre

Family Origins: His motherland is Solstheim, though it was Windhelm who raised him.

morrowind_dunmer_by_theminttu-d6528g5.jpg

Equipment: Juin prefers light and durable gear. He wears boiled leather spaulders and a chest guard atop a loose red, belted tunic with a hood often raised. Small pouches hang from his belt for gold, letters, and other small tools. His feet are protected by flexible rough leather greaves. Most uniquely, Juin wears one boiled leather vambrace on his right and a thin steel vambrace wrapped in rough leather and fabric on his left. When out for extended periods of time Juin wears a long, brown cloak over his gear.

Short weapons suit Juin best. He wears a steel dagger on the low of his back and a short sword, roughly the length of his lower arm, on his hip.

Miscellanea: A small satchel hangs off his shoulder. Inside the bag one would find a few days' rations of food and water, a dozen lock picks, a map, and a small diary filled with alchemetic concoctions he has come across. Vials, flowers, and so on either live in his satchel or the small pouches on his belt, depending on fragility and size. Some of the vials are filled with blood.

Favoured Skills: Pickpocket (Highly), One-Handed (Highly), Sneak (Moderately), Alchemy (Somewhat), Lockpicking (Somewhat), Speech (Somewhat)

Character Background:

Fighting Style: Agility and precision are of the greatest import to combat. Juin arms himself with light, relatively small weapons to allow for a quick draw and full range of mobility. He believes that while the Imperial training may favour the strong and the heavy, the small and fast is often the victor. Juin uses his quick hand skills with a light blade to put down his enemy however he can, however fast he can. Perhaps better suited for a duel than mass, sustained warfare. Juin's vampirism is a closely held secret. He is careful to remain in control of his hunger and, therefore, does not wilfully take advantage of the abilities in life or combat.

Personality: Juin is a quiet dreamer happy to walk another's road, but with another dearly held in his own mind's eye. As a child, as cattle for a Vampire Den, and even as a soldier, the Dunmer has long followed the will of others rather than his own. Only after isolating himself after becoming infected did he realize the potential of life. Only then did he find an ambition for property, for glory, and for love.
Hello Fledgling, allow me to introduce you to the full extent of the hell that is Vampirism.

I said I was going to look over everyone's character and I have. So far, I see nothing wrong with what's been posted. So, two Dunmer vampires, a Khajiiti pirate, a drug-addicted Khajiiti enforcer, a Drunken-Boxing-Style Wanderer - also Dunmer, an Argonian Hedge-Knight-Errant, and what is soon to be an Argonian ex-gladiator.

3 Dunmer
2 Khajiit
2 Argonians

And not a human in sight.

I said I was going to look over everyone's character and I have. So far, I see nothing wrong with what's been posted. So, two Dunmer vampires, a Khajiiti pirate, a drug-addicted Khajiiti enforcer, a Drunken-Boxing-Style Wanderer - also Dunmer, an Argonian Hedge-Knight-Errant, and what is soon to be an Argonian ex-gladiator.

3 Dunmer
2 Khajiit
2 Argonians

If I am accepted, but you'd like only a single Dunmer-Vampire, or perhaps only two Dunmer, I am happy to make edits. Whatever helps!

3 Dunmer
2 Khajiit
2 Argonians

Yeah, the lack of diversity kind of makes me scratch my head.

3 Dunmer
2 Khajiit
2 Argonians

Considering the racial make-up of our potential group, it's probably a good thing that the Stormcloaks don't hold any power in Skyrim anymore...

an Argonian Hedge-Knight-Errant, and what is soon to be an Argonian ex-gladiator.
Eh? Is voltaire's character also an Argonian Ex-gladiator? Shit, I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, I didn't realize I was aping someone else's backstory.

Last edited:
Considering the racial make-up of our potential group, it's probably a good thing that the Stormcloaks don't hold any power in Skyrim anymore...

Eh? Is voltaire's character also an Argonian Ex-gladiator? Shit, I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, I didn't realize I was aping someone else's backstory.
Soul showed me this a couple weeks back about Ulfric. Definitely worth a read.

And you're not stepping on anyone's toes; it's not like you were stalking the last game or anything, and it's not inconceivable that more than one person could have conceived Lizard Maximus. :D

In my defense when I started working on the "Drunken-Boxing-Style Wanderer" there were no other Dunmer. I did consider an Orsimer to begin with, but decided it was too predictable, in the "Me strong Orc, me punch you in face!" type of way. A Breton was also on the table before I found a book in one of the games about a Dunmer unarmed master. :bsmile:

Clearly, the group will be very progressive...the A-team of racial integration so to speak.

Interesting read about Ulfr, I always liked that he seemed to be a very human NPC in regards to his history being filled with great failure and mistakes, but more importantly a great perseverance in the face of adversity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on the same page with edits. In fact, I've multiple character ideas. If you'd like, I can make one or two more and if I'm accepted, you can just pick your favorite ^^"

In my defense when I started working on the "Drunken-Boxing-Style Wanderer" there were no other Dunmer. I did consider an Orsimer to begin with, but decided it was too predictable, in the "Me strong Orc, me punch you in face!" type of way. A Breton was also on the table before I found a book in one of the games about a Dunmer unarmed master. :bsmile:

Clearly, the group will be very progressive...the A-team of racial integration so to speak.

Interesting read about Ulfr, I always liked that he seemed to be a very human NPC in regards to his history being filled with great failure and mistakes, but more importantly a great perseverance in the face of adversity.
No need for anyone to defend their characters. Dervs and I don't want people changing what they made to the best of their abilities on some silly notion as diversity. If we wanted any of you to change anything in your character sheets, we'd just say so.
I am on the same page with edits. In fact, I've multiple character ideas. If you'd like, I can make one or two more and if I'm accepted, you can just pick your favorite ^^"
Submit whatever you like the best. Refer to my above statement.

No need for anyone to defend their characters. Dervs and I don't want people changing what they made to the best of their abilities on some silly notion as diversity. If we wanted any of you to change anything in your character sheets, we'd just say so.
How am I supposed to hate you now?

Way to go.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.