The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I see of Revral, I can tell he and Sevari are going to get along very well.

'Ello peeps. :]

Will the RP be starting after the application deadline comes 'round?

After the deadline is when we're properly reviewing the sheets and letting people know who's accepted. We'll be starting sometime after that!

A Dunmer monk, mostly done, although I feel like I need to watch a Kung Fu movie and then reread it to ensure it is up to snuff. :conicalhat:

Name: Vedran Vedas

Race: Dunmer

Family Origins: Vedran Vedas was born in Windhelm but spent much of his life in the Temple of Two-Moons Dance found in Torval, a city in the southwestern reaches of Elswyer.

Appearance:

Vedran is of an average statue for a Dunmer man, neither standing much taller or shorter than most of his kind. He has gray skin and red eyes, dulled by months of heavy drinking. Vedran has the marks of a dedicated pugilist, his face is marked by a number of light scars and his nose has been broken more than once. His hair is an unruly mess of black that reaches to his shoulders and seems to defy all attempts at order. His face is likewise unshaven and he sports a beard worthy of a fresh hermit. The monk bears the disheveled appearance of someone who has spent the most recent years of his life living in the streets and in the wilds of Tamriel.

Despite his lack of concern in regards to his own appearance, Vedran has an athletic build and the monk has somehow managed to keep himself in fighting condition irregardless of his unhealthy lifestyle. Thick calluses still cover his knuckles and it is clear that he has not gone long without a fight.

Equipment:

- A fur-lined hood
- A pair of fur gloves
- A worn pair of fur-lined leather boots
- A pair of iron gauntlets that protect his wrists and forearms
- A ragged pair of fur-lined trousers secured with a thick rope
- A roughly made, long sleeved shirt
- A poorly fitted fur coat

Miscellanea:
- Bottle of Cheap Wine
- Potion of Stamina
- Potion of Minor Healing
- Carries a small bag, filled with an insignificant amount of coins, but enough for another drink or two

Favored Skills:

Highly Proficient:

- Hand-to-Hand

Moderately Proficient

- Destruction
- Restoration
- Unarmored
- Sneak

Destruction:
- Lightning Grasp
- Searing Grasp
- Winter's Grasp
- Withering Touch
- Greater Magicka Drain
- Corrode Weapon
- Whirlwind Cloak
- Lightning Cloak
- Flame Cloak
- Frost Cloak

Restoration:
- Heal Other
- Close Wounds
- Greater Ward
- Cure Disease
- Turn Undead

Somewhat proficient

Alchemy

Character Background:

Vedran Vedas is known to all in Windhelm as a drunk, as a scoundrel and as a dangerous low-life. He is a man prone to violence, excess, and starting quarrels with little reason. And yet, stories have reached the cold north, tales that suggest that the Dunmer was once a pupil of the Temple of Two-Moons Dance and a monk of great virtue. In these accounts it is often said that he regularly competed in the war arena of the legendary temple with great success and that he once even earned accolades for his skill from the Mane himself during one of the rare visits of the Khajiit spiritual leader. However, despite a past that might hint at greater talent, Vedran is now widely acknowledged only for a series of legendary tavern brawls through all of Skyrim and the sea of broken furniture, empty bottles, and broken bones he has left in his wake.

The son of two Dunmer refugees, Vedran Vedas was born in the infamously bleak district of Windhelm, once named the Snow Quarter but now known only as the Gray Quarter due to the large number of Dunmer languishing within the veritable ghetto created and maintained by the decrees of an infamous and now dead Jarl, Ulfric Stormcloak. Change has always been slow to come to Skyrim, especially Windhelm and the actions of later Jarls did not improve the condition of the Dunmer in a day or a decade. His parents were simple farmers already burdened with two older children and the family struggled to get by. With little in the way of means or familial relations to aid them, things looked dire for the small family of Dunmer.

Arriving at a most difficult of decisions and with hopes of a better future for Vedran, he was thus given up by his parents soon after his birth and placed under the care of a Redguard woman known only as Zell. A renowned master of the unarmed arts, she took her new charge with her to the Temple of Two-Moons Dance in Torval. The Temple of Two-Moons Dance was a famous temple of philosophy and combat and for countless centuries it had been considered the finest training ground for practitioners of the unarmed arts of fighting. Within its walls students from all parts of the empire were welcomed and great masters taught ancient techniques as well as the most modern styles of unarmed combat.

Vedran spent almost two decades training at the temple under the tutelage of the wisest and most learned Masters of the Two-Moons Dance. A gifted fighter even in his youth, Vedran was the favorite student of his caretaker and the young Dunmer appeared to be destined for greatness. Knowing only what little Zell could tell him about his true parents, Vedran came to see the Redguard as his only family and dutifully pursued the lessons she taught him. Vedran spent years training, kicking, punching, sparring, fighting and seeking to master all that he could of the art of unarmed fighting. It was perhaps the happiest and simplest times of his life.

Vedran is remembered at the temple for his victory in the war arena during a great festival of celebration, blessed with a visit from the Mane. Defeating no less than nineteen other competitors, Vedran Vedas was praised for his strange, unpredictable style of fighting, which the Mane himself humorously described as "watching drunk man fight...and win!"

In his twentieth year, satisfied that he had learned all that he could at the temple, Vedran secured the blessing of Master Zell and donned the robes of a traveling monk. Leaving the temple which had become his home behind with only a small tinge of regret, Vedran stepped out into the unfamiliar wilderness of Tamriel. For years, he wandered the countryside righting wrongs, defeating monsters, performing quests in the name of virtue. Although, Vedran was never a member of any particular faction, he was infrequently involved with the sanctioned guilds of the empire, freely offering his aid when able in service of the greater good.

Throughout his travels the teachings of his master remained close to his heart and he never forgot her parting words,"There is but one way to enlightenment Vedran, the Way of the Fist." It was this blind pursuit of knowledge, this obsessive drive to to test his own skill as a fighter and this endless desire to seek out worthy foes that drove Vedran onwards. Yet with each passing season, the world began to take a toll on the young monk. Good and evil seemed only to be words in the lands of Tamriel, honor was rarely found in battle and divining the righteous course of action was rarely easy. Vedran began to despair, he began to doubt all that he had learned and he began to stray from the path of righteousness. In the end, it was the darkness in his own heart that finally broke the spirit of the young monk.

Was it mere chance or the will of some god that brought the paths of Vedran Vedas and the infamous Imperial bandit Ertius Ostorius together? No one can say for sure.

A cunning bandit, Ertius Ostorius had once been a well-respected and merited Praefect in the Imperial Legion. However, for reasons still unknown, Ostorius betrayed the empire and casting aside his loyalties he deserted from his post. Soon after, he assembled a small group of bandits and began to prey on the travelers he had once protected. Well-versed in the tactics of the Imperial Legion, Ostorius escaped all of the forces sent to apprehend him and became something of a legend in the process, for his cunning and violence in equal parts.

Faced with few successes and mindful of the resources already wasted in the hunt, the Imperial Legion deemed it advisable to seek outside assistance. Thus, it came to pass that Vedran was hired by the Fighters Guild to apprehend Ostorius. Vedran's quest began well enough, after all the path of thievery and murder that Ostorius left in his wake was easy enough to follow. Vedran chased Ostorius from Cyrodiil and across the nine holds of Skyrim for the better part of a year, but he was always just a step behind his mark, a mere day, a mere hour too late to catch Ostorius and bring him to justice. As the days turned to months, Vedran's bitterness grew, his anger at his own failures mounted, and his despair at failing to uphold the rule of law with which he had been tasked began to weigh heavily on the monk. Lost in doubt and full of hatred Vedran sought solace in the warm embrace of heavy drinking.

It was only when he had lost all hope that Vedran finally managed to catch up with Ostorius and stumbling upon a freshly slain caravan of Khajiit traders, the Dunmer monk found himself face to face with his most hated adversary. Seeing the newly dead, Vedran cast aside all that he knew and surrendered to the rage that had consumed his heart. Few know how the monk managed to survive the battle, but what is known is that it ended with Ertius Ostorius and his group of bandits dead at the feet of the monk.

After reporting to the Fighters Guild headquarters in Chorrol with the head of the dead banditc chief, Vedran disappeared into the wilds and when he was not heard of for more than a year, most presumed that he had finally met his match in battle. However, Vedran did not die, he adapted, he mastered the cruel ways of the world, and he learned to survive when virtue did not. Resurfacing over the years, the enigmatic monk has been spotted in taverns across Skyrim, demanding something to drink and inevitably starting a brawl before vanishing again into the night without so much as a word of apology.

The Dunmer monk has recently returned to Windhelm, but he remains a stranger to the city of his birth and he has quite happily decided to continue his search for answers in the bottom of a cup. However, his fortunes may be changing and in a strange twist of fate the infamous Vedran Vedas has been presented as a volunteer for what could only be most generously described as a hopeless mission.

Miscellaneous:

Having spent most of his youth and much of his life training in the Temple of Two-Moons Dance found in Torval, a city in the southwestern reaches of Elswyer, the home of the Khajiit, Vedran is an outlander to Dunmer and Nord alike.

Instead, it is the Khajiit lands which Vedran sees as his home and the Khajiit people with whom he feels the most kinship.

Fighting Style:

A most unorthodox fighter, Vedran prefers to fight unarmed. He employs touch based magic to increase the damage of his powerful strikes, imbuing his attacks with arcane energies and elemental damage. Strangely, he fights best when unarmored and has been gifted with an uncanny ability to dodge blows and avoid being hit.

His favored style of unarmed fighting involves imitating the confusing movements of a drunkard, making use of almost all parts of the body to attack and defend. Shifting between peculiar stances, Vedran strikes the weak spots of his foes with force born from the unison of weight and momentum. Ever keen to quickly end a fight, Vedran will seek out locks and break joints whenever it is possible without expending too much effort. He sways, staggers and falls to throw off his opponents, avoid attacks or at least diminish the amount of damage he takes when struck.

Personality:

- Vedran is overly fond of drinking alcohol
- He is resigned to what he perceives as his fate, a trait which imbues Vedran with a certain fatalism in battle
- Often lazy, with moments of industriousness inevitably related to practicing his fighting sills or more likely procuring another bottle of wine
- Reckless in both life and battle, Vedran shows little fear in the face of danger, instead he seems to welcome any chance to test his abilities
- The Dunmer monk, is adaptable as only a vagrant and wanderer can be
- Vedran presents a carefully constructed appearance of gruffness and disregard for those around him. However, beneath this exterior lies the man Vedran once was and on occasion cracks in his adopted persona permit a return to this kinder, warmer iteration of himself
- He is candid, after all professional drunkards rarely have time for spinning kind lies or feigning affection

Font Colour: Light Sky Blue

• Love
Reactions: Mosis Tosis
Vedran and Paints are gonna get soooooooooooo drunk together.

Hm... I may revamp my character entirely tonight or tomorrow night. We'll see which version of him I like best.

Vedran and Paints are gonna get soooooooooooo drunk together.
And then they can go do some heroic stuff fit for legends. Now of course, it could be considered heroic to liberate a case of antique wine from some pompous noble.

"The Adventures of the Drunken Argaonian Knight and the Drunker Dunmer Monk, coming to a trader near you in 4E 209!"
While Sevari just sits in the corner and fidgets with a bunch of skooma bottles strewn about.
It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

And then they can go do some heroic stuff fit for legends. Now of course, it could be considered heroic to liberate a case of antique wine from some pompous noble.

"The Adventures of the Drunken Argaonian Knight and the Drunker Dunmer Monk, coming to a trader near you in 4E 209!"
If stealing wine isn't considered knightly, then chivalry is a flawed concept. And I refuse to accept that.

If your wine goes missing, don't look at the pirate.

It's not like that's how he's made a living or anything.

Those empty bottles are a coincidence, I swear!

If stealing wine isn't considered knightly, then chivalry is a flawed concept. And I refuse to accept that.
Refuse to accept that stealing wine isn't considered knightly, chivalry, or that chivalry is a flawed concept?

Also, hi Mosis! :D
Your dog in the console room has evolved to be a considerably more fucked up Cubone-fox.

• Love
Reactions: Mosis Tosis
If your wine goes missing, don't look at the pirate.

It's not like that's how he's made a living or anything.

Those empty bottles are a coincidence, I swear!
The gold just fell into his pockets right?

Freedom and chivalry for everyone!

*Revral stares at his companions* These fledglings are completely moronic.

Refuse to accept that stealing wine isn't considered knightly, chivalry, or that chivalry is a flawed concept?

Also, hi Mosis! :D
Both, of course.

Hey Tick! :D Good to see you around!

Your dog in the console room has evolved to be a considerably more fucked up Cubone-fox.
It's just the natural order of things.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Soooo you guys all seem to know each other... ^^" I've not been on this site for long, but I've been roleplaying for about 7+ years. I also don't do much group roleplay unless it's a closed/private one, but I've been doing more of it lately. You guys can call me Scout or Ken, I don't care which.

Hey there Scout, nice to meet you. Most call me Mosis. Or Tosis. Or whatever you want. I am either a dog in a control room that has somehow learned how to roleplay, or a "fucked up Cubone-fox" depending on who you ask (and by which I mean, only if you ask Tick). I like swirl ice cream cones, long walks on the beach and stalling out roleplay games.

Dervish, OlNo Soul, Tick and I (and maybe others I don't recognize...?) are all migrants from RPGuild, and I've been in a couple different games with most of them (Dervish in particular can't seem to shake me, I'm like a bad case of indigestion). We're all friendly folks here :D

Reactions: Tick
Hey, I came from RPGuild as well! I'm still there, however - the major revamp recently has made it much better. I'm now a dual-site roleplayer with no intentions of leaving either one. I think I now recognize Derv's name, but I don't think I've met any of you more than one small time at most. ^^ It's really reassuring to find a group comprised mostly of fugitives and runaways. ;) I also enjoy swirl ice cream, but I like my dairy treat in a bowl and prefer hard-serve Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (vanilla) ice cream. I've got my CS right here. Doop doop!

Name: Drevin Sarandas

Race: Dunmer

Family Origins: Skyrim, born in Solstheim but raised in Windhelm (family left Morrowind in the early 4E after the eruption of Red Mountain)

Appearance:
dunmer_by_znodden-d5lthg1.png

xj9amSY.jpg

At full height, Drevin stands at 5'11" tall. His face is marked with scars and two streaks of crimson red warpaint over his left eye. His hair spikes out and stays easily out of his glowing red eyes. You would have a hard time finding him in any kind of helmet save for the hood on a cloak. He has yet to find one that doesn't hinder his vision or make him feel disproportionately balanced. His crooked nose has a rather noticeable kink in it, signifying that on at least one occasion it was broken and didn't set just right before healing. He has what appears to be a permanent scowl etched onto his face, though don't worry – he doesn't discriminate when it comes to who receives his disdain. He makes that face at everybody.

Equipment:
> Basic Steel Dagger, sheathed on the outside of his right thigh
> Elven Sword (Falcata), left hip
> Hunting Bow
> Steel Arrows (20)
> Leather Armor without metal plating – much like Thieves' Guild Armor (no enchantment, just simple leather)
> Forest green, calf-length, hooded traveling cloak
> Silver Amethyst Ring enchanted with water breathing

Miscellanea:
> Waterskin x2
> Potion of Healing x3
> Bedroll
> A moderately full coin purse
> Assorted fruits and vegetables

Favored Skills:
Highly Proficient
> Archery

Moderately Proficient
> Sneak
> One-Handed
> Pickpocket
> Illusion

Somewhat Proficient
> Light Armour

Illusion Spells
> Clairvoyance
> Calm
> Fear
> Frenzy

Character Background: Drevin was born in Solstheim and spent his earliest years there; it was not until he was much older that he realized they left for Windhelm because his family was being shunned when their neighbours found out they were closeted followers of Mephala. The youthful dunmer had been a bit energetic and, in truth, it was his fault that others discovered their religion. In his naïveté, Drevin had spoken about it aloud to one of his friends and word spread quickly. As he got older, he realized what the implications of Daedric worship meant to others. To the Sarandas family, it was just another religion, one which could keep them in touch with their roots. When he reached maturity, Drevin's father told him about the Morag Tong, a "legal" guild from their homeland in which their family had once played a large part. This was why they truly believed in Mephala; the same thing which forced them from Morrowind to Solstheim was what disbanded the ever-important guild. Throughout his life, Drevin had been taught that they were waiting for word to reunite and they would continue to act as contacts, especially after the Dark Brotherhood's fall.

Drevin learned most of his skills from his father and older brothers, all of which have moved away to places throughout Tamriel. Despite the discrimination of the Nordic races from the Far North, this dunmer has never thought to leave Skyrim even once. However, he moved to Solitude after the fall of the Stormcloak Rebellion in order to promote Morag Tong's expansion as an informant. He seeks out potential world-altering events for their betterment. The exotic, curved blade at his hip was one he received from his father, as he was by far the most invested in his heritage. It was forged in Morrowind and has been in his possession for thirty years.

The dunmer has spent time working as a sellsword, bodyguard, and mercenary. In fact, his natural affinity for sleight of hand and picking pockets made it easy to keep times from becoming too hard – though he tried to avoid staying inside of the city too often. When he heard of Windhelm's festival on the 7th​ anniversary of the Rebellion's defeat, Drevin knew it was a place he needed to be. Considering the events of the past several months and the young, new emperor's readiness to take the throne, he wouldn't miss it for the world. When the queen of the Falmer returned spontaneously during the festival, Drevin did not hesitate to volunteer as a member of her escort party. Since she wasn't being sent with much in the way of protection, he knew that the opportunity to join her was something he couldn't pass up.

Fighting Style: First and foremost, Drevin is a bowman. If it can be hit with an arrow, he will shoot first. His draw is quick and his aim is sure, but when it's time to exchange blows, he can hold his own. His strength lies in his mobility. Swordsmanship, to him, requires elegance and fluid movement. Drevin remains on the offensive throughout nearly all of a fight, constantly swinging his blade in order to parry rather than block. If distance is not on his side, he'll pull his dagger and take to stealth – his falcata is most definitely his last resort.

Personality: Drevin is a stoic more than anything else. He doesn't seem to feel much passion for anything, or at least he doesn't show it in any way aside from prioritizing certain items first. Even then, most of his decisions are made logically. Furthermore, he's a skeptic, and a bit of a jerk because of it – he's willing to question nearly everything, even if he doesn't really care. To many, this combination of traits makes him appear as an extremely arrogant person and has been known to cause more than a few fights and shouting matches.

Font Colour: Lavender

(As a side note, I'd love to see this character made on a Skyrim template – I wanted to do it myself, but I don't have a desktop rig that runs Skyrim yet and I don't have my last-gen console anymore… sadly, Bethesda has said they have no plans to port the previous generation of Elder Scrolls to the new generation, so… I'm SOL on that front ^_^" If you can make him, Derv, that would be awesome; if not, no worries.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick reminder, I'm not going over the sheets until Sunday night as to give everyone a fair chance. Although, from what I've seen, everything looks great!

Also, like Mosis said, him, Tick, and myself have been RPing together for a few years now so don't take it as a bad thing that we know each other. I aim to develop lasting friendships with new acquaintances, too. It makes roleplaying MUCH nicer if you get to know people. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.