The Elder Scrolls: Resurgence of the Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's good to see you all have such a good outlook. :) I'm glad; it seems like a lot of roleplays where friends are the first 4 players or so in the thread are already friends, other people tend to get fazed out. I had that issue in a really promising Steampunk about a year ago. The GM was excited for my character, was all chatty, and then I posted in teh thread and nobody really said anything... And within a few days I felt completely ignored and nobody would even tell me when I could officially jump in. It was simply rude!

I've been only RP'ing since Novemeber, started on Nanowrimo site, then moved started doing it on RPGuild and Iwaku. I'm glad to meet all of you as you all seem like cool people.

Sorry, I not the best at posting conversationally, still trying to throw off my lurker habits and actually comment on things.

Well it's good to see you all have such a good outlook. :) I'm glad; it seems like a lot of roleplays where friends are the first 4 players or so in the thread are already friends, other people tend to get fazed out. I had that issue in a really promising Steampunk about a year ago. The GM was excited for my character, was all chatty, and then I posted in teh thread and nobody really said anything... And within a few days I felt completely ignored and nobody would even tell me when I could officially jump in. It was simply rude!
See, things like that annoy me to no end. People put in the effort, they should be treated no differently, personal relations or not. I assure you I treat all of my players the same, as people who know me will testify. I mainly want to tell a good story, and the best way to do that is get some good players and give them a chance to grow and shine. :D Plus, I like bullshitting in the OOC and will probably make a Skype group. Seriously, idle chat is good for the soul.

Also, pancreas.

I've been only RP'ing since Novemeber, started on Nanowrimo site, then moved started doing it on RPGuild and Iwaku. I'm glad to meet all of you as you all seem like cool people.
Oh, we're the coolest.

Me in particular, I shoot things with guns all the time as a hobby because I live in redneck land that happens to resemble the Rift.

Wanna know what it's like to blow up produce with tannerite? I'm your guy.

Oh, we're the coolest.

Me in particular, I shoot things with guns all the time as a hobby because I live in redneck land that happens to resemble the Rift.

Wanna know what it's like to blow up produce with tannerite? I'm your guy.
I look forward to the RP, can't wait to see your characters, also a question. Are we using skyrim rules where you can't cast a spell unless you have a free hand?

Just a quick reminder, I'm not going over the sheets until Sunday night as to give everyone a fair chance. Although, from what I've seen, everything looks great!

Also, like Mosis said, him, Tick, and myself have been RPing together for a few years now so don't take it as a bad thing that we know each other. I aim to develop lasting friendships with new acquaintances, too. It makes roleplaying MUCH nicer if you get to know people. :D
Does it? I've always secretly hated all of you...

I look forward to the RP, can't wait to see your characters, also a question. Are we using skyrim rules where you can't cast a spell unless you have a free hand?
No, absolutely not. We refer to common sense and use very reasonable speculation, because if you have spells, you should be able to use them. You see people casting spells with gauntlets on their hands so I don't think casting with something over your palms/hand is a hindrance. Casting with the hilt of a sword or something should be treated the same.

No, absolutely not. We refer to common sense and use very reasonable speculation, because if you have spells, you should be able to use them. You see people casting spells with gauntlets on their hands so I don't think casting with something over your palms/hand is a hindrance. Casting with the hilt of a sword or something should be treated the same.
Okay, good to know.

Depends on the spell.

I mean, if you're trying to fling a fireball, for instance, it doesn't make much sense for you to be grasping a sword hilt. Err on the side of caution, but I'm leaning more towards free hand for most spells.

Also, wut Soul said.

This is because of Red Orchestra and Rising Storm, isn't it? It's not my fault if your head fills my crosshairs for half the match.

RO2_PR_Spartanovka_Sniper_B.jpg

My screen, 40% of the game.

XD Dervish wins this one! Dayum, son. I know those feels, myself.

And so things like Illusion/on-self spells will not require a free hand, but ones that are on-target/combative/on-touch will for the most part? Makes plenty of sense to me.

XD Dervish wins this one! Dayum, son. I know those feels, myself.

And so things like Illusion/on-self spells will not require a free hand, but ones that are on-target/combative/on-touch will for the most part? Makes plenty of sense to me.
Good for me, blasting ire from one hand, summoning Deadroths with the other, and slashing anyone who manages gets too close to pieces with a ghostly summoned sword. Awesome.

Question, Sense my guy is an expert conjurer, can he summon two creatures, or only one?

Nice to meet you, Scout and Rai. :] I like malts and lots of snow.

I'm glad; it seems like a lot of roleplays where friends are the first 4 players or so in the thread are already friends, other people tend to get fazed out...within a few days I felt completely ignored and nobody would even tell me when I could officially jump in. It was simply rude!
Everyone beat me to the punch on this one and the rest, but we absolutely do NOT pull that stupid inner-circle elitist shit here. Anyone who does may as well put 'Cut Here' tattoos at all the vital places of their body, coat themselves in gasoline and jump into a burning building with lots of sharp saws, because even the basic practical sense of self-preservation is clearly absent from their lives. Not considering the social/moral issues.

RP's need interaction, and the best thing for that is to heavily interact with everyone and everything and build things up for later plots. If you're stuck or got no one around, message me and I will fix it. :] Or post here and your new postmates will.

or a "fucked up Cubone-fox" depending on who you ask (and by which I mean, only if you ask Tick).

Ich bin gut vit verds.
Evolving is a compliment, it means you've leveled up.

Wait, how long has this been going on? I've only posted on these threads a few times.

Fantastic - such good reception from all of ya. XD Love it. Hey, even though you're not actually reviewing templates right now, I'd love feedback from anybody on how it looks. To be honest, I read it over, and while I like the character, I feel I didn't nail the CS quite like I meant to. Can't figure out what's wrong with it though... I hate when I can't place my issue with something even when I review it a hundred times.

Fantastic - such good reception from all of ya. XD Love it. Hey, even though you're not actually reviewing templates right now, I'd love feedback from anybody on how it looks. To be honest, I read it over, and while I like the character, I feel I didn't nail the CS quite like I meant to. Can't figure out what's wrong with it though... I hate when I can't place my issue with something even when I review it a hundred times.
I'm like 6 beers in but I'll look it over tomorrow.

I'm counting Mosis and Tick as part of the gang yo. The gang of awesome homies I've Rpd withbefore. Ya feel the jive I'm putting down?

That's how OGs talk right?

Status
Not open for further replies.