The Easterling Army

"Actually, the most interesting thing i have done is...." She took a moment and then looked away, "Actually, nothing.... and i wont forget this, I dont forget much.." She looks at you, "And chances are, the most interesting thing im ever going to do is read more than 100 books in 24 hours, but even then, "She waves it off

"Well, I think this is more interesting than reading a bunch of books... You should really get out more if that's the best you think you'll do. But I suppose that's what you're doing now, isnt it... Personally, I'd say the most interesting thing I've done is emptied out a cave full of goblins. There was A LOT of goblins though." Valtir instantly looked tired.

She chuckled, "Books arent that bad, and goblins, well, i dont wanna met any..." She looked at you and tilted her head, "You, look like you need sleep..."

"Let's just say it's tiring thinking back that far." he said. "Anyway, I think this is probably far enough. We dont wanna be setting up camp in the dark. Did you want a fire going? I'm fine with or without one." He walked over to the edge of the forest and sat against a tree, resting his legs. He felt the back of his head. There was still a pretty large lump there from when he fell over. Hopefully it would be gone soon.

She shrugged and walked over, "I dont need a fire..." She looks at the back of your head, and lets out a snicker, "This is why you avoid falling from trees..." She shakes her head and sits, leaning up against the tree next to his, sitting cross legged.

Valtir raised an eyebrow. "You dont say..." he pulled out his bed roll and laid it infront of them, then sat back down and looked into his travel sack for his berries and nuts then let out a sigh. "Damn squirrel..." he said under his breath, then sat back down.

She chuckles, "Squirrels need to eat too," She tilts her head, opens a pocket on hre waist belt and throws a small sack into his lap, "You'll find berries in there.." She nods and tilts her head, "Should have been more careful"

He took two out and passed back the bag. "Thanks... I'll need to get a new bag when I get to Minas Tirith" he popped one in his mouth. "Oh, these are good. What kind of berry are they?"

She took the bag back with a nod, take a berry out herself, "Elderberries, usually used in jams and stuff...but they are nicer as is.." She tilts her head slightly, eating another berry

"Really? Hm. I've had Elderberries before. But these are so much sweeter. I guess they grow better here, which wouldnt really surprise me." The sun had just about reached the horizon, and the moon had begun to rise in the east.

She nods, "They are always sweeter in Mirkwood.." She looks to the moon and smiles softly, having only seen glimpses of the moon before, seeing it in full made her smile

Valtir noticed the smile on her face. He was unsure about what was making her so happy. The moon was rather beautiful tonight, he supposed. He stood up and stretched. "I'm gonna get some sleep. You can go to sleep whenever, but just remember that we have to be up and moving the moment we see the sun. I dont operate any other way."

She shrugs and mutters, "Alrighty...and I dont need to sleep..." She studied the moon, quite content staring at it.

Valtir laid down on his bed roll and stared at the moon as he was slowly overcome with sleep. "Goodnight."

"Good night.." She lowered her hood and ran her fingers through her hair to keep it from knotting

The next morning, Valtir opened his eyes and squinted. The sun was already just above the horizon. Well, so much for being awake before sunrise... He slowly stood up and stretched, with his eyes still only half open.
"Freya? You still there?" he said without looking around, and half expecting that he had been ditched.

She looks at him, "Oh, your awake, I was tempted to pour water on your face..." She tilts her head, "Good morning by the way..." She hadn't slept, not needing to, she stretched slightly and stood

"Sure thing..." He began to roll up his bedroll and stuff it into his travel sack. "Did you get any sleep last night? or did you just stay up and stare at the moon?"

She shrugs, "Stared at the moon.." She adjusts her bow slightly and tilts her head, "Did you sleep well..?"

"Um, I guess so... I didnt not sleep well, if that's what your asking. It was kinda just... sleeping, really. So are you ready to get moving?" he swung his travel sack over his shoulder and waited.