The Easterling Army

Freya turns and glares at him, "No, you dont get it...i mean, yeah i get into trouble and my parents are embarrassed of me...but thats not it..." She shaked her head and sighed. "I was never good at small talk..."

"Well, if that's not it, then spill. I hate it when people are cryptic. Who knows? It could be something I should be worried about. Is your boyfriend a cave troll?" Valtir laughed to himself.

She sneers. "oh ha ha, No, my boyfriend is not a cave troll," she rolls her eyes, "I have a lack of boyfriend, but thats okay.." She waves it off. "no, you shouldn't be concerned, all you need to know is that they are nice in appearance, but not at heart...and besides, i'd rather be away from them....i don't remember much of my up bringing but i prefer to forget what i do remember..."

"Alrighty then... Well, in the next six months or so, if you feel like speaking up about it, dont hesitate." Valtir was kind of distant as he said this, staring directly ahead. There was movement about a kilometer away from them, on top of a hill. Three orcs sat around a deer, tearing pieces off it and eating it.

"Stop. You see them? He slid quietly back into the forest and began making his way towards them under cover. "I'll handle this. Dont try and prove yourself or anything like that. Just wait here." he pulled out his bow as he crept towards them, as swift and silent as a mouse. He still had a bit of distance to cover before he could engage them, though.

She raised a brow and rolled her eyes, looking around the forest, she began to climb a tree to get a higher vantage point, she crept silently through the tree tops, staying above valtir, her hood up and staying as silent as the slightest of breeze. This wasnt about proving herself, it was her helping, making sure there weren't anymore than three of them, she drew her bow ready, just in case he needed help.

Within minutes Valtir was hiding in the trees only metres away from the orcs. They, of course, were too immersed in their meal to think to be on their guard. He drew back his arrow and sent it flying into the largest one's neck, where it shot out the other side and landed a short distance away, coated in orc blood. The remaining two seemed unaware of this, until their leader fell infront of them, crushing the torn remains of their meal. They noticed the fatal wound and quickly drew their notched blades and snarled in the direction of the forest as Valtir slowly stepped out, with his two axes in either hand and a smile on his face. The first orc charged and Valtir spun around releasing one of his axes and sending it straight into the orc's forehead. Valtir moved to the side, avoiding the corpse as it collapsed in front of him. He threw his other axe at the remaining orc, but it was deflected. "This orc actually has some training" Valtir thought as he pulled his sword from it's sheathe.

"This will be fun, then." Valtir said out loud. The orc replied with a roar, and swung its sword at him. Valtir deflected it, and kicked the orc in the chest. It stumbled back, but then came at him again, swinging its sword over its head. Valtir dived to the side as the orc's sword struck the ground, then delivered a slash to the beast's left thigh. It roared again, then pulled it's sword from the ground and swung it at Valtir's head. He ducked and slashed at the back of the orc's arm. This kind of fighting continued for a while, with the orc attacking aggressively and Valtir getting little nicks and cuts in every now and then, until the orc fell to his knees, exhausted and covered in blood. It looked up at Valtir, who was still moving like he could run a mile after he was done here, and roared. The roar was cut short by Valtir's sword, severing the orc's head from it's shoulders. He looked back at the trees and spotted Freya. He retrieved his axes then found his arrow, cleaning it as he walked back over to the forest.

"See? I can handle myself." He said with a mischievous smile. "Oh, that felt great! I havent come across a group of orcs in days!"

She shrugged with a slight chuckle at his enthusiasm and jumped down from the tree, putting her bow back onto her back. "Orcs a definitely unsightly creatures..." She tilted her head with a slight smile, "You may have handled yourself there, but i personally think stealth is a good option"

Freya looked around slightly then looked to Valtir, "Alright, where do we go from here?"

"Well, we've still got about a days worth of walking until we reach the south of Mirkwood, then from there we'll head through the Brown Lands to The Anduin. We'll figure things out from there." He finished off cleaning his weapons, sheathed them, then began walking once more.

"Personally, how do you think you would handle yourself in battle? Do you think you could have taken those three yourself?"

She nods and walks with him, "Well, i would have taken them out one by one, from the tree's.. They may be bound to see me eventually, but..." She looks slightly guilty, "I like to dip my arrow heads in poison..." She shrugs, "But i reckon i could have handled myself"

"Hm, that's a smart strategy. Well, I just enjoy being in the thick of it, you know? It's... exhilarating." The sun was getting rather close to the horizon by now. "We'll walk for a short while longer, then set up camp. Is that ok with you?"

She looks at him, "But being in the thick of it can get you killed..." She shrugs and nods, "Thats fine.." She tilted her head slightly, looking to the sky, not used to seeing so much of the sky

"It's that almost being killed part that is so exciting though, isnt it? Then again, I dont really expect to be killed." He said, showing off his ego a bit.

She rolled her eyes, "dont let that cockiness get to your head, it will kill you eventually.." She nodded and looked at him, "Its best to remain humble.."

"Says the elf." Valtir said with a chuckle. "Aren't you the supreme race here? I expected you to be the one with the ego, to be honest."

She chuckles, "I have a minimal ego... which only shows in certain circumstances, like hunting and tracking, But no, im not the supreme race" She shrugs

"Hm, yeah. I guess you guys are only the Teleri, and not the Vanyar." he said, thinking back on the lore he had been taught. He straightened up quickly and looked over at Freya. "Not to be rude or anything. It doesn't make you any less of an elf. Sorry if you took that the wrong way."

She glared at him for a moment then scoffed, "Says the half elf, speaking of which, have you chosen whether to take immortality or humanity..?" She raised her brow at him, genuinely curious

"Hm? I dont get that choice. All I get is just a few more measly years over the rest of the humans. I'm not exactly half elf. I just have a little bit of elf blood in me. Ah well. I just need to make sure I enjoy it while it lasts. Which is what I'm doing now, I suppose."

She nods a bit, shrugs and looks at him, "Honestly, immortality isnt all its cracked up to be..." She tilts her head and looks ahead, "You look over the little things that are important in the moment."

"I suppose you would. I can imagine how easily a little adventure like this would be forgotten, hm? I'll bet you've done much more interesting things, or at least you're going to."