The Easterling Army

She scoffs and shakes her head, slightly amused, "Actually, while yes it is beautiful...... i want to leave..." she practically said that last line to herself, shrugging, she tilted her head slightly, "Been here long enough...." she mutters to herself. She was still considered a youngster in elven terms and in human terms would be considered young. She closed her eyes as she walked, imagining what it would be like to live outside of Mirkwood, where there would be more than just these people she had come to dislike... She tilted her head more in thought, perhaps this human....No, she corrected her thoughts, this half-elf could become someone she could be an "acquaintance" with, maybe even a friend? She opened her eyes and looks back at him in consideration, thinking about what he has seen and where he has been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valtir sighed. He could see the edge of the forest coming up quick. This was likely where he would have to part with her. He shrugged. This was part of his job, constantly leaving people. If he had stayed with the first girl he met, he wouldnt have made it out of Gondor when he first decided to travel.

"Well, if you dont like it here that much, might I suggest going north, to Beleriand? There are lots of landmarks there, like for example, the Cuivienen, where the elves were first found by Orome. Or maybe the Bay of Balar, where the elves first sailed to Valinor. Heh, sorry. I like my lore. It's rather interesting." He stopped talking as the reached the open air, and Valtir walked infront of Freya and breathed it all in.

"I guess this is where I leave. I might come back some day. Who knows?" He adjusted his bow and started walking south.

Freya blinked when they got out of the forest, looking around with wide-eyes, she, for the first time, didn't know where she was. She then felt insecure about being out in the open and pulled her hood up to hide her face. turning, she face to where Valtir was walking. 'it was now or never...' she thought to herself, grabbing the string of her bow for comfort, she called out, "Wait!" not that she yelled it, but loud enough for it to be a normal talking tone at best, she walked swiftly until she was walking next to him, not looking up at him.

"You got out smarted by a squirrel....who let you travel alone..?" she muttered, tilting her head slightly

"Oh great..." Valtir thought to himself. This wasn't the first time a girl had tried to run away with him. He knew she would tell him about how she wanted to be 'free' and how she wants to explore the world with him. He stopped walking and turned to her.

"Um, dont you have family that you should probably be with right now? You cant just up and leave. Think about if it was your daughter. How would you feel if she just left with some stranger to roam the world? Anyway, no offence, but I saw how you acted out when you stepped out of Mirkwood. You're not used to the open air. If you really need to get out that bad, just go for a wander along the Old Forest Road. That will help you not get lost out here, considering that you've obviously never been outside before. I'm sorry, but i wont allow you to follow me." He turned around once more and began to leave.

"And that thing with the squirrel..." he called back over his shoulder. "...They're craftier than you would imagine."

Last edited by a moderator:
She raised her brow, clearly he was an idiot, She scoffed loudly and followed him anyway, "first things first, no one, i repeat NO ONE tells me what i can and cant do, especially not a man who clearly has a lacking understanding of squirrels, second, if i had a daughter she would be smart enough to figure stuff out, third, lets face it, you lack essential abilities like balance." She shakes her head and raises a brow, "And admittedly, my family isnt "family" they are.....well, horrible people at best."

She walks and stand in front of him, stopping him completely, "If im honest, i would think your scared to have a girl travel with you on the accounts that your a "man" and dont need any "help"." Her hands on her hips, "Besides, yes, i have never been outside Mirkwood, but im a fast learner, and getting lost is half the adventure."

He opened his mouth to argue, but then realised it was useless. Valtir sighed and stepped around her, continuing to walk.

"Fine then. If you wanna follow me like a little lost dog, then be my guest. But the moment you can't handle being away from home anymore, you're on your own, and Gondor is a long way away." He continued to walk as he spoke to her, not looking back. He had never travelled with anyone but himself before, and he wasn't enthusiastic about trying it now. But if that girl wanted to come with him so bad, he wasn't going to stop her.

Freya glared at the back of his head and adjusted her bow before she started walking again, muttering something about how she isn't a little lost dog and decided to keep her hood up. She decided to stay slightly behind him as she took in the surroundings. She had only read stories about what happens outside of Mirkwood and honestly, she was quite thrilled to see it first hand, not that she would be willing to share that. But she was willing to prove that she could last out here..

Ryan thought for a moment as he walked. They had at least a few days until they had rounded Mirkwood and reached the Brown Lands. He wondered how Freya would handle this. The Brown Lands was just that. Brown. They were barren and treeless. This was caused by the war between Sauron and the Last Alliance at the end of the Second Age. At the moment, he wasn't even sure if she would make it far enough to see as much. Maybe the temptation of disappearing into the woods directly to their right would be too much for her, and he wouldn't have to drag her all the way to Minas Tirith. He could only hope.

"So, Freya. You said your family was horrible. What makes you say that?"

She tilts her head slightly at him, curious as to why he would ask. She wasn't one to share her past... She blinks and shakes her head,
"They just....are..." She says quietly, more to herself than to him. Her hand went under her hood to her neck unconsciously, she frowns and drops her hand, she looked to her feet for a moment before looking up at him, "Why do you want to know..?" She said it with curiosity and slight paranoia. She didnt like trusting many people, it often lead to bad news when she did. But this man seemed...different to many other people, or lack of, she would talk to.

"Well, I figured I should know a bit about you if you're going to be clinging onto me for this entire journey. So are they like your usual horrible family who make sure you're home at a certain time and make you help around the house? Or is it worse than that? You dont have to go into details if it is."

She grumbles to herself how she isnt "clinging" to you and punches your arm before shaking her head, "no...they just....have immense dislike for me...I dunno, its a blur.." She says those last few words quickly, looking around slightly and adjusting her bow

"Uh huh..." He raised an eyebrow, then continued walking, rubbing his arm. "So are they the reason that you're in such a hurry to get out? Are you running away? I swear, if any of this comes back and bites me in the ass, I'm never taking you anywhere again."

"This wont bite you in the ass.." She rolled her eyes, "They wont even know im gone.." She waves it off and gives him a side glance, "Trust me on that atleast..."

Valtir sighed. "Very well. My family rarely sees me, but when they do, they're great to be around. Do you think you'll end up meeting them? How long do you plan on following me?"

She shrugs, "I dont know, depends..." She thought it was weird to talk this much, she was quite happy with silence, but she supposed it was a small sacrifice to make.

Valtir sighed, then turned around. "Alright, listen here. When I'm on my own, I talk. A lot. I'm not gonna talk to myself when I've got company though, and that means you have to talk back. Is that alright with you?"

He turned back around and kept walking. "I'd prefer not to have half a year of silence, if you dont mind me saying."

She sighs, "Okay.." She mumbles and walks, though talking to ones self is a sign of insanity, it is also a sign of genius, She chuckled to herself at the thought, and shook her head as she walked, she tilted her head in slight thought

"So... tell me about this family of yours, then. What are they like? I might even know them from my visit a few years ago, although I dont remember seeing you. Also, you can ask questions too, if you want. It would e a good idea to get into that habit."

She gives him a side glace, then realizing he will keep asking, she sighs and gives him a brief explanation, "They are, lack of a better word, nice people...i guess, but when it comes to me, well....lets just say, to be blunt, they would rather see me locked up somewhere never to be seen again." She clears her throat softly, "Im not one for small talk, nor asking questions, i take information as its handed to me..."

"Ahhh, I get it. You're that kind of free-spirited daughter who gets herself into trouble and her parents are embarrassed of her, if you dont mind me saying. How far off the mark was I? And also, about that 'not one for small talk' thing, that's gonna have to change on this journey."