The Dominion of Lords. (OOC & Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more the merrier!

I continue to jump a little when I see an alert for this page, as I keep thinking it is the link to the IC. Alas, I have been thoroughly japed by the alert system.

Sorry about that, Cloudburst. It may not be this weekend as this one is going to be busy for me.

The more the merrier!

Alright, I'll join. My character should be up by Sunday night if that's okay. It's just been awhile since I've been in an RP so I gotta loosen up a bit.

Name: Sathariel, Lord of Nightmares

Appearance: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tE5k4ixktcfPU55p1

Source of power: Sathariel source of power is fear, he feeds on the fear of his victims. As they wander (or are lead to) his realm, he twists the dreams of the subjects to torment them and feed on their fear until they are consumed by it, once they die they are useless to him.

Domain: His realm looks at first like a mist covered wasteland, but as soon as a dreamer come in it changes to suit the dreamer, it can be a forest, a beach, etc., but then Sathariel begins to change it, to twist it to make the dreamer feel fear. Sathariel true fortress is a lonely onyx tower, at the top floats a sun like blood red orb where Sathariel rests and rule his realm.

Followers: Sathariel has no followers, his domain has several pale, pinkish blobs of flesh creatures, they lay on the ground immobile until a dreamer reach Sathariel domain, then they wake up and shift his shape to suit Sathariel designs, they become friends, pets, even whole cities. Sathariel is his puppeteer and when the time is right he changes them into abominations. At the moment he doesn't has followers on the mortal realm and he resents that, but he's working to fix that.

Personality: Sathariel is bitter, greedy, he resents that he can't amass more power since he only can feed on the sleepers. He claims that in the past he was a powerful entity but somehow he lost his power and was exiled to his actual realm. He vents his anger and frustration with the dreamers playing and twisting his dreams and hopes, he reads their dreams like a man would read a book and picks what he's gonna use to torment them. Sathariel is a coward since he feels that the other lords are much more powerful than him since he can't influence the mortal realm like the others do. When dealing with other lords he tries to be cautious, even friendly since he's isn't sure how well he would fare in a war against them.

Strengths:
Not much is know about him, or at least he thinks so.
His realm is hard to reach since only sleepers can found it.
He has total control over his realm, anyone who wanders in, is at his mercy.

Weaknesses:
Since he's greedy and a coward, he refuses to make a greater army fearing that he could lose control over it and be weakened for using his power to make more minions.
Once the sleepers wake up they leave his realm until the next time, that's if they ever wander into his realm again.
He, at the moment, can't launch attacks against the mortals realm.

Their Climb to power: Sathariel doesn't remember what's his origin. But he claims that long time ago somebody or something defeated him. The same being stripped him of his power, memories and exiled him to his current dominion. He was all alone since no other being was there. He spent centuries cursing, begging and, at times, going mad, it was that during one of such episodes that he discovered that his flesh, having ripped it from his own body, reacted to his commands. It was painful and it also made him hungry and tired, but now at least had something to vent his anger. He made the blobs take different shapes, torturing, killing and reviving them endlessly. Sathariel and his creatures spend several years that way, with him ruling over them and learning what he could do and what not, until a fateful day, a sleeper wandered into his realm. Sathariel was astonished, it was the first entity that had found a way to his realm. Sathariel and his minions took the poor fool and subjected him to tortures and every sick fantasy that Sathariel could imagine. To his surprise the sleeper fear somehow nourished him, making him stronger. But suddenly the sleeper vanished, to this day he doesn't know if he died or just woke up, Sathariel howled and lashed against his minions since he didn't have a chance to find how the sleeper had reached his realm. But now he had a new goal, he now knew for sure that there was something else beyond his realm and that the fear of these creatures could not only sate his hunger but also made him more powerful. Over the next millennia, he found a way to drag the sleepers to his realm using his minions. He also has been monitoring the activities of the other realms. He's very intrigued by the other Lords since he feels an affinity with them but he still doesn't dare to reach them since he still doesn't feel strong enough to deal with them as an equal.

Last edited:
@Supremacy Made some small tweaks to my CS, just to keep images more consistent, and to add a true demonic form!

So, anyone feel like working out relationships between characters? I mean, these beings have existed for at least a hundred years I'd say, they got to at least know about each other.

At least some small beef or some fellowships? I kinda see that.

Yeah. Because let's be honest, we aren't all going to like each other, between characters of course. Could also provide a nice driving force to some of the things we do. For example, Baalog would very much like dealing with Kazithiel the Depraved One, and Vostelya, the Light Eater, since he'd be able to bargain for some of the must valuable stuff in the known universe (who knows who else might join). Meanwhile, Baalog probably wouldn't like working with Devyn because they themselves are the rulers of a merchant city/domain, dealing in more in favors than material goods but there is some overlap.

Alright, I'll join. My character should be up by Sunday night if that's okay. It's just been awhile since I've been in an RP so I gotta loosen up a bit.
Hope you are still with us, Duchess!

Finally finished up Iryron.
Nice, MYTH*! Thanks for finishing up.
Name: Sathariel, Lord of Nightmares

Appearance: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tE5k4ixktcfPU55p1

Source of power: Sathariel source of power is fear, he feeds on the fear of his victims. As they wander (or are lead to) his realm, he twists the dreams of the subjects to torment them and feed on their fear until they are consumed by it, once they die they are useless to him.

Domain: His realm looks at first like a mist covered wasteland, but as soon as a dreamer come in it changes to suit the dreamer, it can be a forest, a beach, etc., but then Sathariel begins to change it, to twist it to make the dreamer feel fear. Sathariel true fortress is a lonely onyx tower, at the top floats a sun like blood red orb where Sathariel rests and rule his realm.

Followers: Sathariel has no followers, his domain has several pale, pinkish blobs of flesh creatures, they lay on the ground immobile until a dreamer reach Sathariel domain, then they wake up and shift his shape to suit Sathariel designs, they become friends, pets, even whole cities. Sathariel is his puppeteer and when the time is right he changes them into abominations. At the moment he doesn't has followers on the mortal realm and he resents that, but he's working to fix that.

Personality: Sathariel is bitter, greedy, he resents that he can't amass more power since he only can feed on the sleepers. He claims that in the past he was a powerful entity but somehow he lost his power and was exiled to his actual realm. He vents his anger and frustration with the dreamers playing and twisting his dreams and hopes, he reads their dreams like a man would read a book and picks what he's gonna use to torment them. Sathariel is a coward since he feels that the other lords are much more powerful than him since he can't influence the mortal realm like the others do. When dealing with other lords he tries to be cautious, even friendly since he's isn't sure how well he would fare in a war against them.

Strengths:
Not much is know about him, or at least he thinks so.
His realm is hard to reach since only sleepers can found it.
He has total control over his realm, anyone who wanders in, is at his mercy.

Weaknesses:
Since he's greedy and a coward, he refuses to make a greater army fearing that he could lose control over it and be weakened for using his power to make more minions.
Once the sleepers wake up they leave his realm until the next time, that's if they ever wander into his realm again.
He, at the moment, can't launch attacks against the mortals realm.

Their Climb to power: Sathariel doesn't remember what's his origin. But he claims that long time ago somebody or something defeated him. The same being stripped him of his power, memories and exiled him to his current dominion. He was all alone since no other being was there. He spent centuries cursing, begging and, at times, going mad, it was that during one of such episodes that he discovered that his flesh, having ripped it from his own body, reacted to his commands. It was painful and it also made him hungry and tired, but now at least had something to vent his anger. He made the blobs take different shapes, torturing, killing and reviving them endlessly. Sathariel and his creatures spend several years that way, with him ruling over them and learning what he could do and what not, until a fateful day, a sleeper wandered into his realm. Sathariel was astonished, it was the first entity that had found a way to his realm. Sathariel and his minions took the poor fool and subjected him to tortures and every sick fantasy that Sathariel could imagine. To his surprise the sleeper fear somehow nourished him, making him stronger. But suddenly the sleeper vanished, to this day he doesn't know if he died or just woke up, Sathariel howled and lashed against his minions since he didn't have a chance to find how the sleeper had reached his realm. But now he had a new goal, he now knew for sure that there was something else beyond his realm and that the fear of these creatures could not only sate his hunger but also made him more powerful. Over the next millennia, he found a way to drag the sleepers to his realm using his minions. He also has been monitoring the activities of the other realms. He's very intrigued by the other Lords since he feels an affinity with them but he still doesn't dare to reach them since he still doesn't feel strong enough to deal with them as an equal.
I love him, Onl6470! His appearance is also something I adore, well done!
@Supremacy Made some small tweaks to my CS, just to keep images more consistent, and to add a true demonic form!
Thank you, Queen!

To everyone else, sorry that I haven't got the IC up yet. I have been battling with Writer's block which has been affecting more than a single thing I have going on here, but I will work my hardest to get a starter out for all of you to begin. Beowulf talks about a good point. You should message others to see if they will like to have some predetermined relationship between the characters before we start.

Reactions: OnI6470
Hope you are still with us, Duchess!

Nice, MYTH*! Thanks for finishing up.

I love him, Onl6470! His appearance is also something I adore, well done!

Thank you, Queen!

To everyone else, sorry that I haven't got the IC up yet. I have been battling with Writer's block which has been affecting more than a single thing I have going on here, but I will work my hardest to get a starter out for all of you to begin. Beowulf talks about a good point. You should message others to see if they will like to have some predetermined relationship between the characters before we start.

Hi! I wanted to apologize and say I can't join at this time because I'm going through some personal medical as well as family things, but I hope this RP turns out fantastic and wonderful for all of you!

• Thank You
Reactions: Supremacy
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
The IC is up and running! My writer's block is gone as well! I tried to make it to give everyone enough creative room while giving players enough meat to work off of. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will answer them. If you need my help to push your story along then I will happily do so. If that will be all, then let's start writing a grand story together!

I updated the post to show the link at the bottom of it. And yes, the character list broke because of it, but I will have it fixed and updated when all my other duties are finished!

Oi, my apologies and all. I didn't get any alerts for anything. I'll get to making a post if I am able, my only reason for questioning that is the fact that the character list doesn't contain the Light Eater herself. If that is simply an issue due to the list breaking, I will begin posting after that declaration.

Oi, my apologies and all. I didn't get any alerts for anything. I'll get to making a post if I am able, my only reason for questioning that is the fact that the character list doesn't contain the Light Eater herself. If that is simply an issue due to the list breaking, I will begin posting after that declaration.
Yes, it is because the character is list broken right now and I am putting it off for awhile since I know how much of a pain it is going to be to find out what's wrong and fix it. Sorry about that!

Just another small question. To keep things in line with the intro post, would you like my posts to be in present or past tense? I can do either, it is just that I wish to match the flavor you have put forth, especially if need be.

I was simply just giving a bit of background. Sorry if it was confusing. I would prefer present tense if anything. Though, the first post is an exception if you want to give a little background on your character, like during the events of the intro, but it isn't needed. You could simply just start when everyone realizes that there is holes to the surface now.

Status
Not open for further replies.