The Dominion of Lords. (OOC & Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it would suit you and the backstory, I would not mind. I would ask to do the same, just to have some sort of mirroring to reflect this inclusion. However, if you do not wish for this to be, that is fine.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Good enough! Thanks for finishing your app. I will add it onto the roster in due time.

Name: Baalog Ur'ull of the Blood Forge

Appearance:
197fa7ce02fa75f304dc602f5e2f7c72.jpg

033f9d59218c3f109959b157214e04d8.jpg

Source of power: Baalog is the maker of things. His power comes from his ability to design, but primarily his blood forge. Take that away, and he is next to useless.

Domain: Baalog's domain is a city of towering smoke stacks that further pollute the already tainted air called simply The Black Forge. A red glow forever surrounds the city as his underlings work furiously to complete pointless orders and, hopefully, gain the favor of their lord.

Followers: In his domain are a plethora of lesser demons and abominations, all with the sole task of running his massive foundry city. Tittering imps crawl in between whirling gears and smashing pistons, replacing what is broken and maintaining the rest. Demons of a larger size and greater intelligence are tasked with overseeing their particular section of the city. And great abominations, horrors that could drive any mortal mad, power the city. Thundering feet keep the miles of conveyor belts turning, and arms as thick as boulders pump the bellows.

Outside of his domain, ambitious mortals ask for a boon. Sometimes a fragment of knowledge to inspire them, or something of his make. Though more often then not they try their luck with a safer option, learning from other's mistakes of how he often twists his deals.

Personality: Baalog is a truly nasty piece of work. He takes pleasure in the suffering of others, a pleasure he gets to indulge in on a near daily basis. Because of a curse set upon him, perhaps by the blood forge, he has a constant temper. It would be unwise to deal with him until one manages to calm him.

Baalog is plagued with stomach pains, caused by a curse set upon him eons ago. The only way he has discovered to relieve himself of this pain, if only momentarily, is to consume something of value. Usually that would be precious metals and gemstones, since they are considered valuable by most. However, things that hold sentimental value works wonders for him, and he tries to seek them out at every chance he gets.

Most of Baalog's creations, that have been bargained for, are cursed. An impenetrable suit of armor that makes the wearer's skin like paper and bones like glass. An impenetrable shield, but the pain of each blow is felt as if it passed through. A sword that cuts the wielder as much as the opponent no matter how masterfully it is wielded. This is to ensure that his creations return to him, and to join his ever expanding what could only be called art gallery.

Strengths: Masterfully crafted equipment worthy of gods are made easily by Baalog, with the assistance of his Blood Forge.

Baalog often has the upper hand in bargains, since they want something from him in the first place.

His domain is constantly ready for war. All they make is arms and armor, after all.

Baalog, being one of the Lords of the underworld, is significantly stronger and faster than your average demon, which in turn is often physically better than most mortals.

Weaknesses: If someone is trying to make a deal with him and were to give him something of such value so as to get rid of, or nearly get rid of, the pain he feels, he becomes much more malleable to suggestions and offers.

Though he has a vast array of powerful equipment, they are all cursed. And though he has the power to apply those curses, he cannot so easily remove them.

As much as he'd like to say otherwise, Baalog is not often the smartest or the most cunning. He just knows he has so much leverage in most bargains that he throws his weight around. Though when he goes out to bargain, he forgets that he no longer has that leverage.

Their Climb to power: Baalog Ur'ull of the Blood Forge simply... appeared. At one point he was just a simple demon, that had to be the case. But one day, or perhaps it was century, Baalog stumbled across the Blood Forge. The tools sang to him, and the fires roared to life as he approached. The quenching barrels, once empty, filled with the blood of anything that bleeds. There he forged himself a crown, and declared himself a Lord.

Last edited:
@Supremacy
Hope you're still accepting. I had a fun concept for a ruler where they use the powers hidden inside of powerful artifacts/relics. Still a rough edged idea though

@Supremacy
Hope you're still accepting. I had a fun concept for a ruler where they use the powers hidden inside of powerful artifacts/relics. Still a rough edged idea though
We are still accepting, yes. I would love to see this ruler!

All the Lords! Any chance we can get more surface Lords? My poor guy is gonna be all lonely. :(

I heavily consider Iryron a surface Lord. He just lives in a cave on a lonely island with ghosts and stuff as he passes judgment upon those yummy little mortal spirits. Are at least a VERY respectable Under-Lord.

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
That's fair. Haha I guess I just thought that with his personage and domain being death that he was sort of demonic. My bad for assuming. Haha

• Love
Reactions: MYTH*
So, I have to ask, because I'm quite interested in this concept. Would you prefer each player only play a single deity/character? Because I would be happy to play an additional character. (Maybe even two later on.)

• Useful
Reactions: Supremacy
I will allow players to play more than one character if they can handle the extra workload that comes with having a second character.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Got it. Would you prefer I play a mortal as a secondary, a Lord, or do you not have a preference? I just want to know which you prefer because its your RP and I prefer not to step on toes and try to be helpful if at all possible.

I uh, already feel like I took a bit of liberty with your lore.

Got it. Would you prefer I play a mortal as a secondary, a Lord, or do you not have a preference? I just want to know which you prefer because its your RP and I prefer not to step on toes and try to be helpful if at all possible.

I uh, already feel like I took a bit of liberty with your lore.

Don't be! I made it open-ended so people can create what they wish. Of course there is a few things out there that can't be done; EX: Any lord from before the end times. Stuff like that. If I do have anything against anything made by a player, I would say it, so far that has not happened which is great.

Besides, it helps create a world and make it interesting with our stories and tales. On the lord preference, whatever you have an idea for.
Welp almost done with my chara. Give me about ten more minutes tops?
Can't wait to see what you have!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Nakako Satake

Appearance:
Yuko-Suzuhana-wagakki-band-40132707-900-1200.jpg

Details:
  • Height: 1.70 meters or 5'6
  • Weight: 47 kg or 104 pounds
  • Often wears kimonos, white socks and wooden sandals as attire accompanied by a fan

Source of power: She gets her power from multiple sources. One of these is the blood she gains from sacrifices of either her followers or the captured they bring to her temple. This is always either a young man or a female who still holds their virginity. This blood is used to satisfy the raging spirits inside this Ruler.

The second source of her powers is the spirits mentioned earlier. On her rise to gain power she sacrificed many things. One of these was her own soul to multiple Yokai, or spirits. They allow her to use her powers in trade for sacrifices.

Domain:
40786-anime-Asian_architecture.jpg

Satake resides in a location known only to her followers. Her shrine is located in a realm only reachable by climbing a specific mountain at a very specific time frame. This is generally why a bunch of her followers stay to serve her and to guide the others back as well as newer recruits. Some say this realm resides on Fuji, others say it is in the Himilayas. What is known is that the realm differs very much from the real world as it is always good weather unless Satake decides otherwise. The rivers run ever so slowly with beautiful creatures inhabiting the land with an infinite food supply for her and her followers.

Followers: Her followers are mainly humans wanting to devote their life to her. Her first followers came through her seducing them into becoming part of her following and commanding them to recruit new followers causing her empire to grow out that much more.

Her followers are very loyal and are willing to go to great heights and through great dangers to satisfy hher needs. This even includes the kidnapping of young men and women to sacrifice them. Once every three months they can get into the realm on their own and this is when they make the mass sacrifices and provide their Ruler with everything she needs.

The only time they can reach the realm without the time frame is if they are summoned by Satake to come to her and do a task for her or switch servant duty.

Personality: Satake is a deceiver first class. She can manipulate people to do as she wants through her seductive charms and her convincing lies. However once they have done what they were intended to be used for she either takes them up in her following or just kills them. THis is why she generally chooses young men as they are also a good sacrifice.

To her followers Satake is very gentle, loving and kind. For their services she pays them well. However for those that try to betray her she will find painful torture methods. And she doesn't kill them, she helps them recover and disciplines them to the point their mind breaks and they are mindless zombies in her following.

She however very much respects Yokai and other Rulers. She is someone who wants to have peace in her kingdom and make sure she and the Rulers around her become friendly with oneanother.

Strengths:
  • Skilled diplomat
  • Skilled in the art of deception
  • Her kiminos and fans are made from a magical Yokai material so it's hard to break these and her fans make for a surpringly good weapons
  • Skilled in martial arts
  • Extremely agile

Weaknesses:
  • Her body is very fragile so she can't take many blows
  • She can lose her temper at unexpected events
  • Sometimes loses control over her body when one of the Yokai takes over
  • Every time she lends a Yokai power she gets weaker as her blood is drained
  • She is scared of war. She would rather do things the diplomatic way than the violent way

Their Climb to power: They say people would go to great lengths and sacrifice everything in order to rise to a position of power. For most this is an exaggeration but for people like Nakako Satake it is a reality. She had been fascinated by the Yokai and their mysteries from a young age and decided she wanted to one day meet a Yokai. She travelled to Mount Fuji close to her home town and ascended to a shrine high up in the mountains. However this shrine felt very different. The area had a strange feel to it and the weather seemed different too.

As she entered the shrine she felt the presence of multiple Yokai. She got scared but before she was even able to get away the Yokai had locked her in and began showing themselves. She saw a Kitsune, a Dragon, a Nekomata but then she saw three of her bigger fears. A Futakuchi-onna, a Tengu and last of all an Oni.

The Yokai would speak to her in prayers and chants as they began circling her. SHe let out a loud scream as the Yokai began entering her body and each of them took control of her for a slgith moment. She stayed at the Shrine for a few years to train and control the Yokai inside. This gave her time to meet new travellers who wanted to serve her. And so she began growing more powerful with each day.

However she realised she would have to move her business somewhere more safe for both herself and her loyal followers. With the help of the Yokai she would create a realm at a hidden location only she knows of along with her followers. Over time a shrine complex was built for her and that brings us to this moment in time. A time where Rulers are ready for anything.

The Yokai and their power:
  • Kitsune. The Kitsune is the Yokai depicted as a nine tailed fox. When this mask is covering her face she becomes greatly agile and she grows nine tails right above her butt. The Kitsune is also a depiction of wisdom as the Yokai also gives her the power of prophecy allowing her to vaguely predict future events.
    Full-Face-Japanese-Style-Hand-Painted-Fox-Kitsune-Masquerade-Gypsum-Cosplay-Masks-for-font-b-Halloween.jpg
  • Nekomata. The Nekomata is the Yokai depicted as a cat. However the Nekomata has the unique feature of their tail being long enough to split in two. The power this Yokai gives her is the ability for higher jumps but also to use the tail that grows from her body to be used as a weapon.
    1dcd561a43a5c1acb16de7eeabfe006a--mask-ideas-kitsune.jpg
  • Dragon. The Dragon is the Yokai depiction of well, a dragon. This mask gives her the ability to heal and protect but also poison someone. This is a mask never used in battle but for torture on either her prisoners or her disloyal servants.
    black_and_silver_dragon_by_merimask.jpg
  • Futakuchi-onna. The Futakuchi-onna is a unique Yokai. The mask gives her an appearance which comes off as a normal version of herself but hidden under her big bush of hair is a second mouth with rows of sharp teeth and a long tongue. Her hair is also able to move to try and bring her pray into the second mouth. Her hair becomes extremely strong and is able to lift an average human.
    e7e30f5467f212ad51fb5418461eac41--character-ideas-character-art.jpg
  • Tengu. The Tengu is a Yokai which is seen as a demon with a long nose, red skin and fierece eyes. They also grow a pair of black feathered wings. They are a mix of avians and humans. The mask gives her the ability jump for extended lengths and to glide through the sky for a slight moment. She grows sharp nails which she can use to slash her enemies and use with the powerful martial arts skills the mask grants her along with a high pitced screech to disrupt enemies for a short moment.
    82cb9ab105eb0214bee25cbc146e8ccb.jpg
  • Oni. The Oni is a Yokai which is feared all throughout the world. The Oni is a strong and swift Yokai able to fight off large groups on it's own. The oni has a long head accompanied by long, sharp horns and two big fangs from the upper lip. They have sharp teeth and often have a lot of muscle running over their face. The mask gives her the ability to convert her spiritual energy into a black katana. She also becomes much stronger and faster. However the Oni is much stronger than the other Yokai and takes twice as much blood along with being able to take control more easily and therefore this Yokai is rarely asked for help.
    helltrek-profile_image-7e7d69e7d785639e-300x300.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.