2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Futanari
Genres
I have a taste for any genre in some way, shape, or form. Though, I do have favourites out there. Sci-if being a big one. Romance, Fantasy, Alterative Universes, Horror, Twisted, Gory, Realistic, and Tragic being some of the other ones.
[fieldbox="Story So Far, goldenrod, solid"] Ages has passed since the great apocalyptic calamity that shook the worlds apart. Many lives were lost, and many more from the years to come after the event. The Greater Gods from above and below fell to the Calamity. Whether it was in battle or another reason, they were with us no longer. Their essence and influence faded with time. The worlds were left in ruin and many of the things that once was, was no more. Nothing existed in these dark years for what seemed like the rest of time itself.

maxresdefault.jpg

That was not the case, however. As within the dark spaces of the ruined worlds, light began to shine once more. Over the many years to come since the first light, the worlds was soon remade anew. The old scars still healing. Life began yet again. With such life, came new beings to inhabit the worlds. After years of being absent, the grandest of lights, life-giving Sun, has returned. Things seem to be at peace, for the time being. This age was ripe for the taking. But, as things were being reborn on the surface, the same can be said for those underneath the surface.
e4a51e03da799ad66d62e8cb25fea739--high-fantasy-medieval-fantasy.jpg

Deep below the earth, stone, and cracks was another world. Dark beings inhabited these regions of the worlds. As the beings from the surface are said to be remnants of the late gods from above, the same can be said for the god from below for these beings as well. Driven by whatever primal desire they have, they went out to seek it. In contrast, the bright, lush, beautiful landscapes on the surface were prefect opposites for what was below. Cavernous plains of black stone, Pillars of Hellfire, the black and endless abyss, and many other regions of the Deep Depths ranged here. Soon, creatures of great power was formed. They begun their conquest to claim more land for their own ideals. It was only a matter of time until they found a way to break through to the surface.
volcanic_hell_by_danielcomdesign-d8eei3e.jpg

Events of ages long forgotten are being repeated. Though, it was unsure as to which side emerged victorious before. Those times are long since gone. Now, in this new age, beings of great power are setting their place in history.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="What to expect, purple, solid"] You get to play as either a powerful Lord, a Lord is similar to a deity of sorts, from the Deep Depths, one from the surface, or just a mortal ruler from the surface trying to defend their kingdom. Whatever suits your fancy. Wherever you want to place your claim in the world, you can.

As a Lord from the Deep Depths, you want to expand your domain through whatever means you deem the best, whether it be through conquest, deception, betrayal, or manipulation. If you were to choose to be one from the surface, things would be different. It would be your objective to maintain your "world's" purity from the creatures of the underworld, sending them back to where they belong. You could also be a rule of a kingdom. Who is not a lord in any way, shape, or form. They simply just got caught in the middle of something larger than themselves. There will be no restrictions on numbers of players on either side. Also, just because you are from the same side, doesn't mean you are the same side. Alliances from Lords of the Depth and from the Surface are possible. Whatever you need to do to make sure you come out on top.

What your lord will look like, their domain in the underworld, or on the surface will appear like, the type of followers under your rule/protection, is entirely up to you. Just makes sure it fits the setting, so no overly advanced tech. Think medieval fantasy setting. This will also be very player-driven, as the plots and stories they will create will help mold together tales of legend. There will be some plot devices and story elements that I will add to help push the story along in interesting ways. Or, at least, I hope they are interesting.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Guidelines, indigo, solid"]To clear up some possible confusion. The guidelines are regarding In-Character part of things. The rules affect everything. I hope that makes sense. Basically, these are the things that didn't fit in the rules part, or in the what to expect part. Maybe I will change it to Lore or something.

Let us begin with the world itself. There is magic in the world. Whether it comes from within, or from another force, it's nothing over the top, but it is there. Magical and mythical creatures also exist alongside humans. That includes, elves and dwarves, griffons and dragons, living trees and golems, and all matter of things.

Countries and provinces made by the creatures living the world exist as well. Though, not as numerous to cover the world, there exists communities. Uses these to help mould your character if you wish, or to create something new altogether.[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Rules, red, solid"]This is what I expect from players. I am not a harsh person, so I would really like to not try and enforce any of these rules, so please follow them.
  • The standard Iwaku rules applies here.
  • Just because you are pitted against each other, doesn't mean there should be unhealthy debates on who's stronger, or X can beat X easily because of X, will not be allowed. Sure, friendly scuffles are allowed, but I would rather that not be the main point to prove here. We are here to create stories, not here to see who's has the stronger OC.
  • I expect at the very least a paragraph in posting length. Of course, quality always beats quantity, no argument there.
  • Please be somewhat active. Like maybe two posts a week. I'm going to put some kind of posting rule so no one gets left behind, but I also don't want everyone waiting on one person. I don't want one Lord have the whole world around them be moving faster than the player can reply, that's just not fair.
  • No mary-sues/gary-sues. No godmodding. No powerplaying. No metagaming. Pretty plain and simple.
  • When creating your character, I would like for players to send me a message here or in private about their source of power. I would like things to remain balanced and fair to everyone. If the power is already balanced and fair, then I will simply compliment you, if not, we can work things out, I hope.
  • Remember that the GM's word is law. I want to be flexible and allow for creative minds and ideas to develop freely, I also don't want things to get out of control, so I don't want to enforce this too much, but I will if I must.
  • Probably the most important rule that trumps all of the others, I would like everyone to follow this one. Have fun.
[/fieldbox]

Vostelya, the Light Eater. (Player: Cloudburst)

Name: Vostelya, the Light Eater

Appearance:
light_eater_by_baranha-d8jby3y.jpg

Source of power: The depravity of violence, the fall of night, the succulence of betrayal- Vostelya feeds from the light that can be found in the darkest corners of the world. The Light Eater provides succor to herself from those vices, and even drinks from the sun on occasion, causing eclipses. Where there are abstract concepts such as true joy and love, she may suckle from the teat of light, and consume those feeling as well. Once, she was a simple Vampire, and such impulses were reserved for blood. However, light both natural and life-borne provides more delight than what courses through the veins of mortals.

Domain: The domain of the Light Eater is formed just beneath the surface of the overworld, and is shrouded in a lattice of black tendrils that let just enough light through to feed its mistress. During solar eclipses, her domain's lattice opens to view the overworld, and allows for any passerby to fall in and be taken in by the darkness. People brought in in this way slowly melt into pools of light that the Light Eater may gain succor from. Due to her proximity to the surface, most other lords of the Underworld must at least pass or confront her to reach the surface, and she often strikes deals with passerby in attempts to suckle from their light.

There are no inhabitants of this realm save for the Light Eater and those that occasionally fall into her lair when the lattice opens to the world above. Those intruders are treated as guests, and there is usually no trace of their existence- be it due to them becoming light for her to suckle upon, or be it from them being sent away with a small boon. Lords from above and below are welcome as long as they pose no threat to her desires, and they too may leave absent of a small amount of light.

Followers: The Light Eater's coterie of followers consist of creatures such as Vampires that are weak to the light, for they pray for her to bring an endless night to the surface. Others are humans or other creatures that seek to be rid of contrivances such as doubt, dreams, and love. She too, caters to them, for she will not pass up on a free meal. Those that devote their hearts wholly to the Light Eater may gain a gift of her once mortal blood, and are turned into powerful vampires as a result. With that gift comes an adversity to sunlight and a thirst for blood, so that one day, they will praise her name when eternal night comes.

Rituals are a common phenomenon in the circles that celebrate Vostelya's name. Some seek to offer tribute in the form of succulent light, where others ask for her aid in the form of her blood, or even her very presence. Most if not all solar eclipses since her conception have been called upon by these followers, if in an attempt to bring eternal night. They often even send worshipers on a quest to "find the night", which ends with them falling into the Light Eater's realm and facing two possibilities: Gaining the gift of her blood, or becoming one with the Light Eater through becoming succulent light to be devoured.

Personality: Vostelya is sultry to a fault, a bonus from her days as a Vampire. She tries to gain the trust of those she comes across, and often uses them as a font of succor she can access whenever needed. Manipulation is the forefront of her intent, and most of her dealings are simply ways for her to gain light from other lords, for even the lords of the underworld contain this precious and succulent light in trace amounts.

Strengths:
  • Able to recover from wounds and gain power through eating "light"
  • Can manifest wherever there is shadow, and can project tendrils of darkness.
[/SIZE]
[/LIST]

Devyn Du Cupio. (Player: The Succubi Queen)

Name: Devyn Du Cupio
Appearance:
Feminine
b9423163538533b50496793820d7a8ad.jpg

Masculine
24a1b7489ea2f6b9591bd9a3ab63b850.png

Non-Binary
b818265ca0440fbc003e0a5bd1fd1edd--men-with-long-hair-long-white-hair.jpg

Devyn is a shapeshifting demon, and while they appear in a variety of forms, they tend to stick mostly to these 3, and they always have stark white hair and ice blue eyes.

Source of power: Devyn is a demon of desire- not only sexual wants, but desire for fame, attention, wealth. Anything a soul might desire beyond the need for survival is reasonably within Devyn's realm of power. They thrive not on natural energy, but the desire and want that grows in human hearts.

By nature of their source of magic, Devyn's power ebbs and flows with the rise and fall of mortals. As such, they're only just now rising to power, and their abilities are weak at best.

Domain:
Cupio is a small, but thriving city, a series of markets and trade spots that operate on a sort of organized chaos. Anything can be bought, sold, or traded in Cupio, and the cities leaders assure passing travelers that "anything you might ever want can be found in this valley." The city is protected from the outside world by high mountains, but this natural barrier also makes expansion difficult.

Followers: Devyn's cult is open to all races, but mainly consists of lower demons and other monsters. Their religion is small at this moment, and Devyn currently has roughly 10,000 followers, but as Cupio grows as a cultural hub in the underworld, Devyn's influence grows. The Cult of Devyn is a structured system that operates on a system of tiers, ranging from basic followers to the 99, not only Devyn's most devout worshippers, but also their elite personal army and retinue of priests, keeping the peace in Cupio on behalf of the Demon Lord

Personality: Devyn, like the desire of their followers, is capricious and multi-facted, most seen in terms of their gender. Loyal and protective of their followers, Devyn is also disdainful and even violent against their enemies. Anyone who desires the favor of the demon of desire knows when it is best to approach them, and when it is best to leave them be.

Feminine Devyn (Devin) is the most benevolent of the three. An almost coquettish flirt, she takes joy in irritating others, but is always careful never to actual anger them. Of Devyn's 3 main personalities, she is the most likely to scheme, but the least likely to actually act. She is who followers will seek gifts of sexuality and love from, as her nature is more towards fulfillment and personal gain.

Masculine Devyn's (Devon) is perhaps the most outwardly sadistic. A cruel man who revels in blood and sport, he is competitive, angry, and violent. He is the least likely to hide his feelings, and the most likely to lash out, often acting before thinking and damning the consequences of his ill timed moods. Devon is most likely to grant wishes for power, victory, as he values ambition in his followers

Devyn's least gendered persona is perhaps the most nefarious. A kind face and gentle smile makes them out to be the most benign of the three, but they carefully cultivate this as a mask to hide their evil whims. This persona has the most desperate need for power, and will stop at nothing to meet their ends. They have no values, unlike the other two personas, and will likely grant desires of fame and wealth, their own personal desires. This is Devyn's true personality, and they switch between the other two like masks to further their own goals of influence over a variety of followers.

Strengths: Devyn's main skill is deception and manipulation. They will ploy, flatter, and compliment their way into anything they might desire, and will not avoid underhanded methods to get what they want.

Devyn can also count upon their charisma. They have a loyal group of followers, that they might count as almost friends more than followers (though they would never sink so low as to admit such a thing).

Weaknesses: Inflexibility is a weakness of Devyns: they are desperate to have control over every situation, and often cannot cope with the unexpected or uncontrollable. They are even prone to violent fits when faced with a problem.

Disloyalty. Devyn's power and ability is reliant on something temporary. They have power from desire as long as people want things. When these desires pass or are granted, contentment robs them of this source of power. Their powers are unreliable over the ages, and they may never be a truly powerful demon, so long as there is contentment to oppose desire.

Their Climb to power: Following the calamity, it was many ages before mortals began to walk the worlds again. But, as in every age, they all had something in common: Want. All mortals want things: to survive, to provide for others, to rule, to be known, to have the powers of a lord. Some wishes can be granted by Lords of Power, but those that cannot drift in the realms, waiting for a force to grant them. Those forces collect, and eventually, in the form of a self-fulfilling prophecy, gave birth to a being that could grant them: Devyn, Lord of Desire and Want.

Of course, that's merely what the legends say, and no one is quite sure who actually wrote those. In reality, Devyn is a demon who came to power a mere 300 years ago, seemingly coming out of nowhere with a group of 99 or so lesser demons and monsters of various abilities. The 100 of them built a castle, and dubbed it the capital of the domain of Cupio. Since then, the city has grown on its own, almost with no explanation.
Ancalagon, The Great Protector. (Player: The Dapper Mog)
Name:

Ancalagon, The Great Protector (The Earthshaker) (Father of Giants)

Appearance:

c0f262272c4d185c13823646d162b5ba--fantasy-creatures-mythical-creatures_zpsfdbi9nyn.jpg

Ancalagon's form varies from awakening to awakening. Being able to appear as a human-sized entity, his size is variable, though his true form is always of colossal stature. His body typically appears to be at least partially made of earth, or, at the least, is covered in heavy plates of stone. The argument could be made that Ancalagon is, in essence, a living mountain, and It often is among his mortal followers.

Source of Power:

Ancalagon's source of power is nature, more specifically, the Earth itself. His primary places of power are the most wild places, and mountains. At his most powerful in mountain ranges where few civilizations can survive and in the untouched verdant places hidden in the wilds, his presence is seldom felt in heavily urbanized areas. However, whenever he stirs or awakens, the people feel the effects, often resulting in a great deal of damage or loss of life in areas of dense populations.

While his power has dwindled over the centuries, he retains a great degree of strength. Due to increasing populations and the expanding of mortal territories, his power continues to slowly wane, the mortals unaware that as they grow more vast, their protector grows weaker.

Domain:

While Ancalagon would argue that anywhere with wilderness, and particularly places with mountains are his domain, the simple and more accurate truth would be that his primary domain is a singular location, deep within the world's largest mountain range. Spanning deep beneath the surface, up to top of it's highest peak, lies an immense cavern. This cavern's sheer size would likely amaze even other deities. Within the cavern lies the remains of an ancient stone city, with marvelous stone pillars holding up intricately carved buildings. Many of these buildings are carved with precious stones and minerals, creating a wide range of colors, sizes, and shapes. Land bridges lead to a center plateau where the large city is located. Far below this city lies the abyssal heart of the Earth, leading down into the darker and less material locales of reality.

While the ruins remain almost entirely intact, few individuals continue to call the city home, due to centuries of change and isolation. While many tribes of giants still roam the mountains and hills, the mortals, particularly a small civilization of humans stand guard as its protectors. These individuals are the most prominent followers of Ancalagon, being descendants of priests and warriors who communed with the deity in the past.

The cavern has remained well hidden, known to very few outside of its walls.

Followers:

Ancalagon as a deity has represented many things over the centuries. A protector, a creator, a warrior, and Lord of nature, his followers also vary as much as his physical form does. Primarily, Ancalagon is worshipped by the giants as the progenitor of their species, often called "The First" or "Father of Giants." They hail him as their creator, their protector, and their guide. Many giant tribes claim that their chieftains are direct descendants, but these claims have never been substantiated. Due to their often stubborn and violent nature, the giants are sometimes viewed unfavorably by his other followers.

Druidic circles often worship Ancalagon, due to his nature and his affinity to protect the natural places and his followers. Their magic and efforts to maintain the natural world have gradually reduced the decline of his power, while in some small degree, boosting his influence.

Lastly, warriors and priests of law and order often worship Ancalagon thanks to his status as a stalwart defender of humanity and other races. Due to his prowess and renown as a great warrior as well, many warlords, gladiators, and soldiers alike give praise to him.

Personality:

Ancalagon is generally peaceful and gentle in nature. He views his followers, generally speaking, as his charges. The giants specifically he often sees as his children, though this is often with more or a father's ire than a prideful gaze. Their more modern tendencies toward combat lust has led him to see them as naive children whom only seek riches and conquest.

As far as his druidic followers, he treats them with the greatest of care, primarily by interacting with them rarely outside of granting them the occasional blessing or boon. Ancalagon adores the druids and their care of the natural world.

While Ancalagon respects the desire to protect, as well as the indomitable will of his warrior followers, many have claimed to worship him in conqust, which he adamantly despises. As such, war-like followers rarely receive his favor or boons, and are typically left alone. However, stalwart defenders of any race that work tirelessly to defend the innocent are often praised and granted boons. Many have been immortalized as statues in his domain.

Lastly, Ancalagon often views other deities as necessary, though doesn't often interact with them unless he must. As such, he can be seen as something of a loner, due to his fairly quiet nature. However, when angered, he has been known to incur his wrath upon entire civilizations. Ancalagon, because of his size and domain, tends to act and see on a grand scale, being the type to always look at the proverbial big picture. Many other deities have had small conflicts with him due to aggressive acts that he has stood against. The destructive tendencies of some deities tend to anger him, leading to intense quakes, volcanic activity, and more.

Strengths:

Immense Strength, Endurance, and Willpower
Variable Size and Form
Very Difficult to Harm
Near Impossible to Kill
Nearly Endless Patience
Control over Earth
Gifted Combatant
Diplomatic

Weaknesses:

Slow Moving When Large
Slow to Act
Mostly Pacifistic
Lashes Out when charges are threatened
Wrath is all encompassing
Difficulty Comprehending Individual Struggles
Slumbers for Long Periods of Time
Vulnerable to Magic or Binding
Easy to Trick/Gullible and Trusting
Fearful of the Underworld due to druidic prophecy

Climb to Power:

Ancalagon began as a young giant of a man. While technically human, his sheer size and strength led him to be feared. In his first life, he adored the wilds and mountains, only feeling at home among them and away from large groups of people. He was a warrior, but only engaged in battle when he needed to. Unfortunately, he was always too trusting of people, and was tricked into being abducted and forced to become a caged slave, whom was then forced into fighting in an arena.

Though an uprising he aided in allowed him to be free, he was gravely wounded, and he retreated into the wilderness. Stumbling upon a hidden valley, he fell into an immense cavern, where he was found by an elder deity in a human form. This deity offered to save his life, in return, she merely asked him to stay there with her, and take over for her when the time came.

For years, he defended the valley from invaders, and kept the woman company. One day, as Ancalagon neared his deathbed from age, she offered him immortality, in exchange, he would take over her role as protector of the natural world, a job of immeasurable duty and time, that often was lonely beyond words. Because of his attachment to her, and his desire to protect, he agreed. Becoming a deity through her blessing, he accepted his new reality, but quickly succumbed to slumber because of the process.

Now, over the centuries he has awakened six times, staying awake for periods of roughly a hundred years before sleeping again for several more. He has begun stirring again, and will soon grace the earth with his presence again, providing his aid to preserve the world and its inhabitants.

Baalog Ur'ull of the Blood Forge (Player: Beowulf)

Name: Baalog Ur'ull of the Blood Forge

Appearance:
197fa7ce02fa75f304dc602f5e2f7c72.jpg

033f9d59218c3f109959b157214e04d8.jpg

Source of power: Baalog is the maker of things. His power comes from his ability to design, but primarily his blood forge. Take that away, and he is next to useless.

Domain: Baalog's domain is a city of towering smoke stacks that further pollute the already tainted air called simply The Black Forge. A red glow forever surrounds the city as his underlings work furiously to complete pointless orders and, hopefully, gain the favor of their lord.

Followers: In his domain are a plethora of lesser demons and abominations, all with the sole task of running his massive foundry city. Tittering imps crawl in between whirling gears and smashing pistons, replacing what is broken and maintaining the rest. Demons of a larger size and greater intelligence are tasked with overseeing their particular section of the city. And great abominations, horrors that could drive any mortal mad, power the city. Thundering feet keep the miles of conveyor belts turning, and arms as thick as boulders pump the bellows.

Outside of his domain, ambitious mortals ask for a boon. Sometimes a fragment of knowledge to inspire them, or something of his make. Though more often then not they try their luck with a safer option, learning from other's mistakes of how he often twists his deals.

Personality: Baalog is a truly nasty piece of work. He takes pleasure in the suffering of others, a pleasure he gets to indulge in on a near daily basis. Because of a curse set upon him, perhaps by the blood forge, he has a constant temper. It would be unwise to deal with him until one manages to calm him.

Baalog is plagued with stomach pains, caused by a curse set upon him eons ago. The only way he has discovered to relieve himself of this pain, if only momentarily, is to consume something of value. Usually that would be precious metals and gemstones, since they are considered valuable by most. However, things that hold sentimental value works wonders for him, and he tries to seek them out at every chance he gets.

Most of Baalog's creations, that have been bargained for, are cursed. An impenetrable suit of armor that makes the wearer's skin like paper and bones like glass. An impenetrable shield, but the pain of each blow is felt as if it passed through. A sword that cuts the wielder as much as the opponent no matter how masterfully it is wielded. This is to ensure that his creations return to him, and to join his ever expanding what could only be called art gallery.

Strengths: Masterfully crafted equipment worthy of gods are made easily by Baalog, with the assistance of his Blood Forge.

Baalog often has the upper hand in bargains, since they want something from him in the first place.

His domain is constantly ready for war. All they make is arms and armor, after all.

Baalog, being one of the Lords of the underworld, is significantly stronger and faster than your average demon, which in turn is often physically better than most mortals.

Weaknesses: If someone is trying to make a deal with him and were to give him something of such value so as to get rid of, or nearly get rid of, the pain he feels, he becomes much more malleable to suggestions and offers.

Though he has a vast array of powerful equipment, they are all cursed. And though he has the power to apply those curses, he cannot so easily remove them.

As much as he'd like to say otherwise, Baalog is not often the smartest or the most cunning. He just knows he has so much leverage in most bargains that he throws his weight around. Though when he goes out to bargain, he forgets that he no longer has that leverage.

Their Climb to power: Baalog Ur'ull of the Blood Forge simply... appeared. At one point he was just a simple demon, that had to be the case. But one day, or perhaps it was century, Baalog stumbled across the Blood Forge. The tools sang to him, and the fires roared to life as he approached. The quenching barrels, once empty, filled with the blood of anything that bleeds. There he forged himself a crown, and declared himself a Lord.
Kazithiel, The Depraved One, The Decadent Queen (Player: daird)

Name: Kazithiel, The Depraved One, The Decadent Queen

th

Kazithiel's body is a chimeric mass of eyes and tentacles, with bone shoulder and face plates. Under the face plate is a mouth that stretches all the way around her head.

Source of power: Kazithiel feeds on mortal decadence. Any time a mortal indulgences in excess, she is there, encouraging them with whispers in their ear, slowly leading them down the path to damnation- and they're smiling all the way. She prefers to feed on gluttony, but sloth, lust and greed are all delicacies as well.

Domain: Kazithiel's lands are deep in the underworld- a paradise of delights. Luxurious food grows on every tree, and not just fruits, either- one can pick a whole roast swan off a bush, or bottles of expensive wine fresh from the vine. The very air is filled with exotic perfumes that lower inhibitions, and the ground is paved with gold and gems.

Followers: Kazithiel has a legion of lesser demons, all pledged to her as the Decadent Queen. They may be unruly and treacherous, but she manages to keep them under control. She also has an army of damned souls to unleash, devouring and destroying everything in their path. She uses them as disposable troops- the demons are the hammer blow.

Personality: For a demon, Kazithiel is much friendlier than one would expect- it's more fun to convince mortals to destroy themselves than simply rampaging, not that the latter doesn't have its perks as well. She enjoys manipulating those around her, and it's her preferred method.

Powers: Can craft illusions that are nearly indistinguishable from reality
Can influence mortal minds, though not outright control them
Can stretch her mouth to hideous lengths to devour victims

Weaknesses: Poor in physical combat
Her demonic legions aren't the most loyal
Her knowledge or the surface world is poor.

Backstory: Kazithiel, believe it or not, was once an angel in the heavens, but was thrown out for questioning her superiors. She fell and wandered the earth for a time, before finding herself in one of Vostelya's pits during an eclipse, managing to escape further into the underworld. The corruptive underworld energies twisted her body and mind, turning her into a decadent being that lives for pleasure and conquest.
Nakako Satake (Player: Mr. Calcium)

Name: Nakako Satake

Appearance:
Yuko-Suzuhana-wagakki-band-40132707-900-1200.jpg

Details:
Height: 1.70 meters or 5'6
Weight: 47 kg or 104 pounds
Often wears kimonos, white socks and wooden sandals as attire accompanied by a fan

Source of power: She gets her power from multiple sources. One of these is the blood she gains from sacrifices of either her followers or the captured they bring to her temple. This is always either a young man or a female who still holds their virginity. This blood is used to satisfy the raging spirits inside this Ruler.

The second source of her powers is the spirits mentioned earlier. On her rise to gain power she sacrificed many things. One of these was her own soul to multiple Yokai, or spirits. They allow her to use her powers in trade for sacrifices.

Domain:
40786-anime-Asian_architecture.jpg

Satake resides in a location known only to her followers. Her shrine is located in a realm only reachable by climbing a specific mountain at a very specific time frame. This is generally why a bunch of her followers stay to serve her and to guide the others back as well as newer recruits. Some say this realm resides on Fuji, others say it is in the Himilayas. What is known is that the realm differs very much from the real world as it is always good weather unless Satake decides otherwise. The rivers run ever so slowly with beautiful creatures inhabiting the land with an infinite food supply for her and her followers.

Followers: Her followers are mainly humans wanting to devote their life to her. Her first followers came through her seducing them into becoming part of her following and commanding them to recruit new followers causing her empire to grow out that much more.

Her followers are very loyal and are willing to go to great heights and through great dangers to satisfy hher needs. This even includes the kidnapping of young men and women to sacrifice them. Once every three months they can get into the realm on their own and this is when they make the mass sacrifices and provide their Ruler with everything she needs.

The only time they can reach the realm without the time frame is if they are summoned by Satake to come to her and do a task for her or switch servant duty.

Personality: Satake is a deceiver first class. She can manipulate people to do as she wants through her seductive charms and her convincing lies. However once they have done what they were intended to be used for she either takes them up in her following or just kills them. THis is why she generally chooses young men as they are also a good sacrifice.

To her followers Satake is very gentle, loving and kind. For their services she pays them well. However for those that try to betray her she will find painful torture methods. And she doesn't kill them, she helps them recover and disciplines them to the point their mind breaks and they are mindless zombies in her following.

She however very much respects Yokai and other Rulers. She is someone who wants to have peace in her kingdom and make sure she and the Rulers around her become friendly with oneanother.

Strengths:
  • Skilled diplomat
  • Skilled in the art of deception
  • Her kiminos and fans are made from a magical Yokai material so it's hard to break these and her fans make for a
  • surpringly good weapons
  • Skilled in martial arts
  • Extremely agile
Weaknesses:
  • Her body is very fragile so she can't take many blows
  • She can lose her temper at unexpected events
  • Sometimes loses control over her body when one of the Yokai takes over
  • Every time she lends a Yokai power she gets weaker as her blood is drained
  • She is scared of war. She would rather do things the diplomatic way than the violent way
Their Climb to power: They say people would go to great lengths and sacrifice everything in order to rise to a position of power. For most this is an exaggeration but for people like Nakako Satake it is a reality. She had been fascinated by the Yokai and their mysteries from a young age and decided she wanted to one day meet a Yokai. She travelled to Mount Fuji close to her home town and ascended to a shrine high up in the mountains. However this shrine felt very different. The area had a strange feel to it and the weather seemed different too.

As she entered the shrine she felt the presence of multiple Yokai. She got scared but before she was even able to get away the Yokai had locked her in and began showing themselves. She saw a Kitsune, a Dragon, a Nekomata but then she saw three of her bigger fears. A Futakuchi-onna, a Tengu and last of all an Oni.

The Yokai would speak to her in prayers and chants as they began circling her. SHe let out a loud scream as the Yokai began entering her body and each of them took control of her for a slgith moment. She stayed at the Shrine for a few years to train and control the Yokai inside. This gave her time to meet new travellers who wanted to serve her. And so she began growing more powerful with each day.

However she realised she would have to move her business somewhere more safe for both herself and her loyal followers. With the help of the Yokai she would create a realm at a hidden location only she knows of along with her followers. Over time a shrine complex was built for her and that brings us to this moment in time. A time where Rulers are ready for anything.

The Yokai and their power:
  • Kitsune. The Kitsune is the Yokai depicted as a nine tailed fox. When this mask is covering her face she becomes greatly agile and she grows nine tails right above her butt. The Kitsune is also a depiction of wisdom as the Yokai also gives her the power of prophecy allowing her to vaguely predict future events.
    Full-Face-Japanese-Style-Hand-Painted-Fox-Kitsune-Masquerade-Gypsum-Cosplay-Masks-for-font-b-Halloween.jpg
  • Nekomata. The Nekomata is the Yokai depicted as a cat. However the Nekomata has the unique feature of their tail being long enough to split in two. The power this Yokai gives her is the ability for higher jumps but also to use the tail that grows from her body to be used as a weapon.
    1dcd561a43a5c1acb16de7eeabfe006a--mask-ideas-kitsune.jpg
  • Dragon. The Dragon is the Yokai depiction of well, a dragon. This mask gives her the ability to heal and protect but also poison someone. This is a mask never used in battle but for torture on either her prisoners or her disloyal servants.
    black_and_silver_dragon_by_merimask.jpg
  • Futakuchi-onna. The Futakuchi-onna is a unique Yokai. The mask gives her an appearance which comes off as a normal version of herself but hidden under her big bush of hair is a second mouth with rows of sharp teeth and a long tongue. Her hair is also able to move to try and bring her pray into the second mouth. Her hair becomes extremely strong and is able to lift an average human.
    e7e30f5467f212ad51fb5418461eac41--character-ideas-character-art.jpg
  • Tengu. The Tengu is a Yokai which is seen as a demon with a long nose, red skin and fierece eyes. They also grow a pair of black feathered wings. They are a mix of avians and humans. The mask gives her the ability jump for extended lengths and to glide through the sky for a slight moment. She grows sharp nails which she can use to slash her enemies and use with the powerful martial arts skills the mask grants her along with a high pitced screech to disrupt enemies for a short moment.
    82cb9ab105eb0214bee25cbc146e8ccb.jpg
  • Oni. The Oni is a Yokai which is feared all throughout the world. The Oni is a strong and swift Yokai able to fight off large groups on it's own. The oni has a long head accompanied by long, sharp horns and two big fangs from the upper lip. They have sharp teeth and often have a lot of muscle running over their face. The mask gives her the ability to convert her spiritual energy into a black katana. She also becomes much stronger and faster. However the Oni is much stronger than the other Yokai and takes twice as much blood along with being able to take control more easily and therefore this Yokai is rarely asked for help.
    helltrek-profile_image-7e7d69e7d785639e-300x300.jpeg
Character slot
Character slot
[/SIZE]​

Name: What they are to be called. Not much to say here.

Appearance: Pictures would be acceptable. Though, a description about things that the pictures does not show, either at all or clearly, would be nice.

Source of power: Where from or how did they gain their power? What allowed them to become as powerful as they currently are?

Domain: How does their domain look like? Does it consist of cragged pillars of obsidian? Pools of festering plagues? Gardens of pure ecstasy? Or ravaged plains of war? Pictures are acceptable here, but descriptions are also more than welcomed.

Followers: Who follows their rule? Crazed fanatics? Demons? Terrible beasts of the underworld? Or a mix of all three, or maybe a fourth one? Make it fluffy to how your character is. Example: A Lord of Death would have skeletons and beasts of the undead commanded by necromancers. Stuff like that.

Personality: Everyone has personalities. Are they loving towards their servants, but hateful towards those who aren't? I think you get the gist by now.

Strengths: Do they excel in the art of war, or the art of deception? It should be common knowledge to make them balanced. No Mary-sues or gary-sues. Just because the characters are considered as Deities, doesn't mean they are immortal or without weakness.

Weaknesses: As above. I expect to see a 1/1 ratio on strengths and weaknesses to keep things nice and balanced. Though, there will be exceptions, as per with everything.

Their Climb to power: This is pretty self-explanatory. Give a brief, or lengthy, history of how they got to where they are.

Last edited:
Name: Vostelya, the Light Eater

Appearance:

Source of power: The depravity of violence, the fall of night, the succulence of betrayal- Vostelya feeds from the light that can be found in the darkest corners of the world. The Light Eater provides succor to herself from those vices, and even drinks from the sun on occasion, causing eclipses. Where there are abstract concepts such as true joy and love, she may suckle from the teat of light, and consume those feeling as well. Once, she was a simple Vampire, and such impulses were reserved for blood. However, light both natural and life-borne provides more delight than what courses through the veins of mortals.

Domain: The domain of the Light Eater is formed just beneath the surface of the overworld, and is shrouded in a lattice of black tendrils that let just enough light through to feed its mistress. During solar eclipses, her domain's lattice opens to view the overworld, and allows for any passerby to fall in and be taken in by the darkness. People brought in in this way slowly melt into pools of light that the Light Eater may gain succor from. Due to her proximity to the surface, most other lords of the Underworld must at least pass or confront her to reach the surface, and she often strikes deals with passerby in attempts to suckle from their light.

There are no inhabitants of this realm save for the Light Eater and those that occasionally fall into her lair when the lattice opens to the world above. Those intruders are treated as guests, and there is usually no trace of their existence- be it due to them becoming light for her to suckle upon, or be it from them being sent away with a small boon. Lords from above and below are welcome as long as they pose no threat to her desires, and they too may leave absent of a small amount of light.

Followers: The Light Eater's coterie of followers consist of creatures such as Vampires that are weak to the light, for they pray for her to bring an endless night to the surface. Others are humans or other creatures that seek to be rid of contrivances such as doubt, dreams, and love. She too, caters to them, for she will not pass up on a free meal. Those that devote their hearts wholly to the Light Eater may gain a gift of her once mortal blood, and are turned into powerful vampires as a result. With that gift comes an adversity to sunlight and a thirst for blood, so that one day, they will praise her name when eternal night comes.

Rituals are a common phenomenon in the circles that celebrate Vostelya's name. Some seek to offer tribute in the form of succulent light, where others ask for her aid in the form of her blood, or even her very presence. Most if not all solar eclipses since her conception have been called upon by these followers, if in an attempt to bring eternal night. They often even send worshipers on a quest to "find the night", which ends with them falling into the Light Eater's realm and facing two possibilities: Gaining the gift of her blood, or becoming one with the Light Eater through becoming succulent light to be devoured.

Personality: Vostelya is sultry to a fault, a bonus from her days as a Vampire. She tries to gain the trust of those she comes across, and often uses them as a font of succor she can access whenever needed. Manipulation is the forefront of her intent, and most of her dealings are simply ways for her to gain light from other lords, for even the lords of the underworld contain this precious and succulent light in trace amounts.

Strengths:
  • Able to recover from wounds and gain power through eating "light"
  • Can manifest wherever there is shadow, and can project tendrils of darkness.
  • Can extinguish light and manipulate the shadows of creatures, as well as control the blood of those in cast shadows.
  • Can form weapons from shadow, use shadow as a weapon, and create creatures of shadow.
  • Becomes more powerful when engorged on light, able to turn light into shadow and blot out the sun.
  • Has intimate knowledge of the surface world due to worshipers, and most circles know the name Vostelya.
Weaknesses:
  • Burns in excessive sunlight.
  • Limited to dwelling in shadow and darkness.
  • When engorged on light, she may not manifest elsewhere, and becomes less agile.
  • Shadow abilities do not work while in direct sunlight.
  • Must eat to live, and can die of starvation.
  • Manipulation and interference with the lives of mortals leads to many potential enemies.
Their Climb to power: Once a child of the night, Vostelya once feared light and clung to darkness. She was a member of a court of her kind, and like them, she starved until either night fell or the sun was blotted out. One day, Vostelya came across a creature with succulent and divine blood, and partook of it. Soon, she fell into the depths of the underworld, and became known as the Light Eater, feasting on blood no longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops, pressed enter. I guess that is WIP then.

*Edit: Tis fixed now.

@Cloudburst

Well done, Cloudburst! I love that her domain encourages players to encounter and interact with each other. I also love the thought of a solar eclipse falling upon a battlefield.

I have made some short edits to the sheet to provide both more balance and clarity to her abilities and worshipers, if that is alright.

Reactions: Supremacy
It's completely fine!

Name: Kazithiel, The Depraved One, The Decadent Queen

th

Kazithiel's body is a chimeric mass of eyes and tentacles, with bone shoulder and face plates. Under the face plate is a mouth that stretches all the way around her head.

Source of power: Kazithiel feeds on mortal decadence. Any time a mortal indulgences in excess, she is there, encouraging them with whispers in their ear, slowly leading them down the path to damnation- and they're smiling all the way. She prefers to feed on gluttony, but sloth, lust and greed are all delicacies as well.

Domain: Kazithiel's lands are deep in the underworld- a paradise of delights. Luxurious food grows on every tree, and not just fruits, either- one can pick a whole roast swan off a bush, or bottles of expensive wine fresh from the vine. The very air is filled with exotic perfumes that lower inhibitions, and the ground is paved with gold and gems.

Followers: Kazithiel has a legion of lesser demons, all pledged to her as the Decadent Queen. They may be unruly and treacherous, but she manages to keep them under control. She also has an army of damned souls to unleash, devouring and destroying everything in their path. She uses them as disposable troops- the demons are the hammer blow.

Personality: For a demon, Kazithiel is much friendlier than one would expect- it's more fun to convince mortals to destroy themselves than simply rampaging, not that the latter doesn't have its perks as well. She enjoys manipulating those around her, and it's her preferred method.

Powers: Can craft illusions that are nearly indistinguishable from reality
Can influence mortal minds, though not outright control them
Can stretch her mouth to hideous lengths to devour victims

Weaknesses: Poor in physical combat
Her demonic legions aren't the most loyal
Her knowledge or the surface world is poor.

Backstory: Kazithiel, believe it or not, was once an angel in the heavens, but was thrown out for questioning her superiors. She fell and wandered the earth for a time, before finding herself in one of Vostelya's pits during an eclipse, managing to escape further into the underworld. The corruptive underworld energies twisted her body and mind, turning her into a decadent being that lives for pleasure and conquest.

Last edited:
@Cloudburst you are forgetting a weakness there! Unless it's a work in progress.

Fixed. It turns out I cut that to my clipboard. I wonder where else I may have pasted that.

@Cloudburst Much better! Though, I would assume that even the lords themselves from the underworld have much less 'light' in them compared to a single mortal from the overworld. A question though. Is her domain always visible from the surface? Or is it only visible on certain events?

I am interested, the concept seems interesting. My only concern is that with a group of incredibly powerful entities, that conflict may be difficult to do right. Regardless, if you're still accepting people, I'll start pondering a character. ^_^

@The Dapper Mog
Trust me, I know it will be difficult. I am going to try my hardest, though. There are more than one way this can be pulled off. So, if you are still interested, yes, we are still accepting!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Iryron, He Who Guides, The Reaper,

Appearance:
charon_by_fo3the13th-d3425op.png

Source of power: The chilling of mortal bodies, the liberation of the soul -- Death is what grants Iryron his power and nourishment. Iryron's relationship with death is both a conceptual and literal source of energy. When a mortal departs from their world, the soul releases a type of energy. Both this energy and the soul travel to Iryron, as if a leaf travels on the wind to a pile of dead greenery. This Soul-energy is what Iryron consumes, while the soul itself is taken into his domain. There it is judged by him and sent to the appropriate afterlife. Hell, Paradise...Or Reincarnation or citizenship of his domain. The death of less literal entities -- kingdoms, races, or relationships -- Offers He Who Guides even greater strength. For the souls of mortals can be replaced, the soul of a Nation or a bond cannot.

Domain:
f903cc554e524db5bf2fe010460b28c6.jpg
Off the coast of every mainland is a single island hidden in brush and trees. On these islands, a single cave has several pillars surrounding it. The mouths of these caves take you to the same place. Through magic or some other means. Inside is Iryron's necropolis. A small city of spirits and mediums. Beyond the entrance, over several pools of water sits Iryron's throne. Carved into a glowing white birch tree, the Giant sits and judges those who pass through. It is a somber and dank lair that also houses humility and peace. A passive scape where the darkness of nature meets and mixes with the lights of civilization. Often patroled by ash-colored giants.

Followers: Iryron has a pure and loyal following of priests from many mortal races. These priests normally come in two classes, The Bulkward, and The Horns. While their names change from people to people, their function is still the same. The Bulkward priests pray and offer worship to Iryron in hopes of him refusing to take the souls of those close to death. Healers, clerics, all those who seek to keep people living. They pray hoping Iryron will allow the soul to stay in the body, thus letting people remain alive and well. The Horns are more passive in their duties. They simply guide people through the proper process of dying. Whether from old age or executions; rituals and prayers are offered. They pray to call forth Iryron's attention to the soul; praying the journey be swift and judgment merciful.

There are however other groups outside of priesthood who follow Iryron. Sailors pray to him wishing for gentle seas and travel. They are given particular favor should they use a rowing boat. Giants who worship him hope to gain a place guarding his throne in the afterlife. Which a select few do. Giant worshipers normally have their bodies burned, so that those selected to guard Iryron retake their forms by his side, keeping parts of their souls. Iryron's favored people, however, are the mediums and spirits who take residence in his necropolis.

Then there are those who seek his attention, praise, and love. The Immortals of the world offer feasts and rituals in the name of Iryron -- who despises all those that do not die. There are also the fanatical murderers who kill in his name, wishing to feed and please the entity. They wish to pass on with his favor. They too are scorned and hated by The Reaper.

Personality: Iryron is a peculiar entity. He Who Guides is a reluctant and passive entity when it comes to the affairs of everything outside his sphere of influence. However, when Iryron comes to judge or make decisions, he is swift and blunt. There is no place for beating around the bush in his life. Do not let this dissway you from approaching him. While his aura is gloom and somber, The Reaper is far from evil. He takes pitty and is empathetic towards others. The patiences held by this Lord is unmatched except by other Lords. Without being overjoyuous or gleeful, Iryron displays traits of a fatherly being who enjoys being close to others.

Strengths:
  • Immense Physical Power
  • Can Read Memories, Thoughts, and Feelings
  • Restore or Take Life (Of mortal creatures and plants)
  • Access to the Plains of Afterlife
  • Vast Knowldge of History and Lore

Weaknesses:
  • Slow Moving (Physically)
  • Destructive Path On Land
  • Weak Magical Resistance
  • Decline in Legitimate Worshipers
  • Fearful of Eclipses

Their Climb to power:
The End was coming. As life was fleeting and running from the clashing of gods, a lone giant gathered as many people as he could. The giant's boat was massive, fitting roughly one hundred people aboard it. Iryron aimed to escape the hellish calamity which was falling upon his world. However, the god's wrath found purchase everywhere. Lighting and fire struck the escaping ship and forced the survivors ashore an unknown island.

While exploring the island, Iryron found a glowing oak tree inside a massive cave. As he approached the odd tree a spirit took shape and began to converse with Iryron; it identified itself as The God of Death. Iryron argued for the god to stop the others' destructive actions and save the lives of the mortal victims. For two days the pair discussed, talked, and debated. Finally, the god of Death, who too was fading away with the rest of the world, gave up on debating. Only stating that in his fleeting moments a new warden of souls must take charge of his duties.

Fueled by a righteous anger and wanted to prove the god, all gods, wrong, he took up the duty. By communing with the glowing oak, Iryron relieved Death of their duty and became the new God of Death.

Last edited:
@MYTH*
I guess you could think over it and decide when you finish up with it. So far it seems like it could go either way.

Name:

Ancalagon, The Great Protector (The Earthshaker) (Father of Giants)

Appearance:

c0f262272c4d185c13823646d162b5ba--fantasy-creatures-mythical-creatures_zpsfdbi9nyn.jpg

Ancalagon's form varies from awakening to awakening. Being able to appear as a human-sized entity, his size is variable, though his true form is always of colossal stature. His body typically appears to be at least partially made of earth, or, at the least, is covered in heavy plates of stone. The argument could be made that Ancalagon is, in essence, a living mountain, and It often is among his mortal followers.

Source of Power:

Ancalagon's source of power is nature, more specifically, the Earth itself. His primary places of power are the most wild places, and mountains. At his most powerful in mountain ranges where few civilizations can survive and in the untouched verdant places hidden in the wilds, his presence is seldom felt in heavily urbanized areas. However, whenever he stirs or awakens, the people feel the effects, often resulting in a great deal of damage or loss of life in areas of dense populations.

While his power has dwindled over the centuries, he retains a great degree of strength. Due to increasing populations and the expanding of mortal territories, his power continues to slowly wane, the mortals unaware that as they grow more vast, their protector grows weaker.

Domain:

While Ancalagon would argue that anywhere with wilderness, and particularly places with mountains are his domain, the simple and more accurate truth would be that his primary domain is a singular location, deep within the world's largest mountain range. Spanning deep beneath the surface, up to top of it's highest peak, lies an immense cavern. This cavern's sheer size would likely amaze even other deities. Within the cavern lies the remains of an ancient stone city, with marvelous stone pillars holding up intricately carved buildings. Many of these buildings are carved with precious stones and minerals, creating a wide range of colors, sizes, and shapes. Land bridges lead to a center plateau where the large city is located. Far below this city lies the abyssal heart of the Earth, leading down into the darker and less material locales of reality.

While the ruins remain almost entirely intact, few individuals continue to call the city home, due to centuries of change and isolation. While many tribes of giants still roam the mountains and hills, the mortals, particularly a small civilization of humans stand guard as its protectors. These individuals are the most prominent followers of Ancalagon, being descendants of priests and warriors who communed with the deity in the past.

The cavern has remained well hidden, known to very few outside of its walls.

Followers:

Ancalagon as a deity has represented many things over the centuries. A protector, a creator, a warrior, and Lord of nature, his followers also vary as much as his physical form does. Primarily, Ancalagon is worshipped by the giants as the progenitor of their species, often called "The First" or "Father of Giants." They hail him as their creator, their protector, and their guide. Many giant tribes claim that their chieftains are direct descendants, but these claims have never been substantiated. Due to their often stubborn and violent nature, the giants are sometimes viewed unfavorably by his other followers.

Druidic circles often worship Ancalagon, due to his nature and his affinity to protect the natural places and his followers. Their magic and efforts to maintain the natural world have gradually reduced the decline of his power, while in some small degree, boosting his influence.

Lastly, warriors and priests of law and order often worship Ancalagon thanks to his status as a stalwart defender of humanity and other races. Due to his prowess and renown as a great warrior as well, many warlords, gladiators, and soldiers alike give praise to him.

Personality:

Ancalagon is generally peaceful and gentle in nature. He views his followers, generally speaking, as his charges. The giants specifically he often sees as his children, though this is often with more or a father's ire than a prideful gaze. Their more modern tendencies toward combat lust has led him to see them as naive children whom only seek riches and conquest.

As far as his druidic followers, he treats them with the greatest of care, primarily by interacting with them rarely outside of granting them the occasional blessing or boon. Ancalagon adores the druids and their care of the natural world.

While Ancalagon respects the desire to protect, as well as the indomitable will of his warrior followers, many have claimed to worship him in conqust, which he adamantly despises. As such, war-like followers rarely receive his favor or boons, and are typically left alone. However, stalwart defenders of any race that work tirelessly to defend the innocent are often praised and granted boons. Many have been immortalized as statues in his domain.

Lastly, Ancalagon often views other deities as necessary, though doesn't often interact with them unless he must. As such, he can be seen as something of a loner, due to his fairly quiet nature. However, when angered, he has been known to incur his wrath upon entire civilizations. Ancalagon, because of his size and domain, tends to act and see on a grand scale, being the type to always look at the proverbial big picture. Many other deities have had small conflicts with him due to aggressive acts that he has stood against. The destructive tendencies of some deities tend to anger him, leading to intense quakes, volcanic activity, and more.

Strengths:

Immense Strength, Endurance, and Willpower
Variable Size and Form
Very Difficult to Harm
Near Impossible to Kill
Nearly Endless Patience
Control over Earth
Gifted Combatant
Diplomatic

Weaknesses:

Slow Moving When Large
Slow to Act
Mostly Pacifistic
Lashes Out when charges are threatened
Wrath is all encompassing
Difficulty Comprehending Individual Struggles
Slumbers for Long Periods of Time
Vulnerable to Magic or Binding
Easy to Trick/Gullible and Trusting
Fearful of the Underworld due to druidic prophecy

Climb to Power:

Ancalagon began as a young giant of a man. While technically human, his sheer size and strength led him to be feared. In his first life, he adored the wilds and mountains, only feeling at home among them and away from large groups of people. He was a warrior, but only engaged in battle when he needed to. Unfortunately, he was always too trusting of people, and was tricked into being abducted and forced to become a caged slave, whom was then forced into fighting in an arena.

Though an uprising he aided in allowed him to be free, he was gravely wounded, and he retreated into the wilderness. Stumbling upon a hidden valley, he fell into an immense cavern, where he was found by an elder deity in a human form. This deity offered to save his life, in return, she merely asked him to stay there with her, and take over for her when the time came.

For years, he defended the valley from invaders, and kept the woman company. One day, as Ancalagon neared his deathbed from age, she offered him immortality, in exchange, he would take over her role as protector of the natural world, a job of immeasurable duty and time, that often was lonely beyond words. Because of his attachment to her, and his desire to protect, he agreed. Becoming a deity through her blessing, he accepted his new reality, but quickly succumbed to slumber because of the process.

Now, over the centuries he has awakened six times, staying awake for periods of roughly a hundred years before sleeping again for several more. He has begun stirring again, and will soon grace the earth with his presence again, providing his aid to preserve the world and its inhabitants.​

• Love
Name: Devyn Du Cupio

Appearance:
Feminine
555452d450112ccc0c9e61884a23676d.jpg

Masculine
24a1b7489ea2f6b9591bd9a3ab63b850.png

Non-Binary
b818265ca0440fbc003e0a5bd1fd1edd--men-with-long-hair-long-white-hair.jpg

Devyn is a shapeshifting demon, and while they appear in a variety of forms, they tend to stick mostly to these 3, and they always have stark white hair and ice blue eyes.

demonGirl_02.jpg

Source of power: Devyn is a demon of desire- not only sexual wants, but desire for fame, attention, wealth. Anything a soul might desire beyond the need for survival is reasonably within Devyn's realm of power. They thrive not on natural energy, but the desire and want that grows in human hearts.

By nature of their source of magic, Devyn's power ebbs and flows with the rise and fall of mortals. As such, they're only just now rising to power, and their abilities are weak at best.

Domain:
castle.jpg]
Cupio is a small, but thriving city, a series of markets and trade spots that operate on a sort of organized chaos. Anything can be bought, sold, or traded in Cupio, and the cities leaders assure passing travelers that "anything you might ever want can be found in this valley." The city is protected from the outside world by high mountains, but this natural barrier also makes expansion difficult.

Followers: Devyn's cult is open to all races, but mainly consists of lower demons and other monsters. Their religion is small at this moment, and Devyn currently has roughly 10,000 followers, but as Cupio grows as a cultural hub in the underworld, Devyn's influence grows. The Cult of Devyn is a structured system that operates on a system of tiers, ranging from basic followers to the 99, not only Devyn's most devout worshippers, but also their elite personal army and retinue of priests, keeping the peace in Cupio on behalf of the Demon Lord

Personality: Devyn, like the desire of their followers, is capricious and multi-facted, most seen in terms of their gender. Loyal and protective of their followers, Devyn is also disdainful and even violent against their enemies. Anyone who desires the favor of the demon of desire knows when it is best to approach them, and when it is best to leave them be.

Feminine Devyn (Devin) is the most benevolent of the three. An almost coquettish flirt, she takes joy in irritating others, but is always careful never to actual anger them. Of Devyn's 3 main personalities, she is the most likely to scheme, but the least likely to actually act. She is who followers will seek gifts of sexuality and love from, as her nature is more towards fulfillment and personal gain.

Masculine Devyn's (Devon) is perhaps the most outwardly sadistic. A cruel man who revels in blood and sport, he is competitive, angry, and violent. He is the least likely to hide his feelings, and the most likely to lash out, often acting before thinking and damning the consequences of his ill timed moods. Devon is most likely to grant wishes for power, victory, as he values ambition in his followers

Devyn's least gendered persona is perhaps the most nefarious. A kind face and gentle smile makes them out to be the most benign of the three, but they carefully cultivate this as a mask to hide their evil whims. This persona has the most desperate need for power, and will stop at nothing to meet their ends. They have no values, unlike the other two personas, and will likely grant desires of fame and wealth, their own personal desires. This is Devyn's true personality, and they switch between the other two like masks to further their own goals of influence over a variety of followers.

Strengths: Devyn's main skill is deception and manipulation. They will ploy, flatter, and compliment their way into anything they might desire, and will not avoid underhanded methods to get what they want.

Devyn can also count upon their charisma. They have a loyal group of followers, that they might count as almost friends more than followers (though they would never sink so low as to admit such a thing).

Weaknesses: Inflexibility is a weakness of Devyns: they are desperate to have control over every situation, and often cannot cope with the unexpected or uncontrollable. They are even prone to violent fits when faced with a problem.

Disloyalty. Devyn's power and ability is reliant on something temporary. They have power from desire as long as people want things. When these desires pass or are granted, contentment robs them of this source of power. Their powers are unreliable over the ages, and they may never be a truly powerful demon, so long as there is contentment to oppose desire.

Their Climb to power: Following the calamity, it was many ages before mortals began to walk the worlds again. But, as in every age, they all had something in common: Want. All mortals want things: to survive, to provide for others, to rule, to be known, to have the powers of a lord. Some wishes can be granted by Lords of Power, but those that cannot drift in the realms, waiting for a force to grant them. Those forces collect, and eventually, in the form of a self-fulfilling prophecy, gave birth to a being that could grant them: Devyn, Lord of Desire and Want.

Of course, that's merely what the legends say, and no one is quite sure who actually wrote those. In reality, Devyn is a demon who came to power a mere 300 years ago, seemingly coming out of nowhere with a group of 99 or so lesser demons and monsters of various abilities. The 100 of them built a castle, and dubbed it the capital of the domain of Cupio. Since then, the city has grown on its own, almost with no explanation.[/spoiler]

@The Succubi Queen
I love your Lord! Glad to see you're finished with your characters, that goes the same with everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.